Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    It is posts like this that keep this forum alive for me. I would up vote a billion times just for the laughs. It's amazing how many memes fit so effortlessly into the MPQ world.

I think ducking this issue is going to take real leadership on the part of the Reds.

343826.jpg?lines=+People%21%0A+%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%0AYour+DDQ+rewards+are%0A+low+because+of+illegal%0A+immigrants%21
  • New McG wrote:
    I thought so. Let's break the only thing in the whole game that's not broken, wheeeee.
    Well, since it's completely broken now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I think we found the new raisin

In his defense, Raisin wasn't merely a troll. He actually said things that were worth reading once in a while.

DBC
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    In his defense, Raisin wasn't merely a troll. He actually said things that were worth reading once in a while.

DBC

Anything original? Most of when he had something intelligent to say I later learned he was just regurgitating something someone intelligent had said in a forum I hadn't read yet.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:

DBC

Anything original? Most of when he had something intelligent to say I later learned he was just regurgitating something someone intelligent had said in a forum I hadn't read yet.

Thumbs up wasn't enough. Felt this needed to be repeated. Also, if it wasn't something that he agreed with, you weren't going to hear about it in a civil way. I was pretty happy the day he got booted and I'm glad that I got the alternate account he tried to use to get back on the forum (Shumagorath) kicked off as well.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of this new ddq and it was a lot easier than yesterday or the old version, oddly except for the 1* node that had 2 heroes as opposition unlike the required character node that had 3 goons.

It does seem like they have tried to turn the randomness up to 11 on it, here's hoping we don't get a day with ultron bots and symbiotes in their own waves in the big enchilada.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Just finished day 2 of this new ddq and it was a lot easier than yesterday or the old version, oddly except for the 1* node that had 2 heroes as opposition unlike the required character node that had 3 goons.

It does seem like they have tried to turn the randomness up to 11 on it, here's hoping we don't get a day with ultron bots and symbiotes in their own waves in the big enchilada.

Same here. And Enchilida was Ninjas first wave, 1 hero and goons second, goons third, and one hero and goons fourth. So it looks like they didn't make it harder on purpose, they just made it much more random and the result yesterday was that things were harder. And the result today is that things are much easier.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I too found day 2 much easier, though I wasn't really troubled by day 1. I'm kind of looking forward to a unique match-up every day.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting to see OBW in the one-star node, she's never been there before.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Random enemies means just because today is hard doesnt mean tomorrow is, or 5 days from now either.

After playing today's DDQ, this quote stands out to me. Can we please stop with "The sky is falling" mentality over the new DDQ? That was WAY easier than before this time.....relatively speaking, the hardest node was the 1* one......

Sometimes it'll be simple. Sometimes it'll be a challenge. Isn't that a good thing?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dear D3,

What DDQ was to me that made it so great:

4,500 or so ISO,
    A three star cover and
    A small chance at some cool stuff every day

All fairly quickly and without hassle.

You have turned this into a pain in the b*m. Wiping on the 1* node because every time I gather red or green AP OBW steals it is not fun. Eating health packs I want to use in PvE and PvP is not fun. Doubling the amount of time it takes to obtain the same rewards is not fun.

Please fix this. I am onboard with it if the rewards are significantly improved but otherwise please just put the old one back.

Thanks,

The Dude
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The final 2* node took a long time (much longer than any of the old ones), but wasn't particularly tough.

The final 3* node was one of the easier ones ever. I take this as confirmation that Psylock is getting a buff.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    toss in a third DDQ token. or, reward another couple thousand in ISO.

Having ISO + a DDQ token in every node would have been an AWESOME way to celebrate the anniversary of DDQ. Keep the big ISO reward from getting the overall point total, and drop the other rewards - they'll be made up for by pulling ISO more often from the vault.

It's a bit disappointing that in an MPQ world that is getting more and more cover needy and ISO needy all the time, the "revamp" of this event was designed to keep status-quo on rewards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Dear D3,

What DDQ was to me that made it so great:

4,500 or so ISO,
    A three star cover and
    A small chance at some cool stuff every day

All fairly quickly and without hassle.

You have turned this into a pain in the b*m. Wiping on the 1* node because every time I gather red or green AP OBW steals it is not fun. Eating health packs I want to use in PvE and PvP is not fun. Doubling the amount of time it takes to obtain the same rewards is not fun.

Please fix this. I am onboard with it if the rewards are significantly improved but otherwise please just put the old one back.

Thanks,

The Dude
    Can't you just wait until your scrubs heal up? It goes quite quickly...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    let's face it. ddq was stagnant and, for the most part ridiculously easy. (obviously the latter was appealing to a lot of folk who just want a casual, daily event to play). it needed a refresh.

now, had they brought back an additional 1 cp reward for finishing. add another node for it if you like.

the devs have done some great things with the game lately. with this they came up a little short. it's an easy fix though.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am pretty sure no increased reward was implemented because this is not a permanent change. If I understood correctly, they want to rotate the different kinds of DDQ challenges around, meaning that the old enemy teams will come around ever so often.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please keep in mind that threats to the devs will not be tolerated. A lot of people are obviously upset about the DDQ changes, but please keep it civil.

JJ
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devs, let's serve up the solution on a silver platter: reintroduce the single CP point at 14999.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    For the majority of players, that measly ONE point of CP does absolutely nothing, though. lol

They would be "struggling" to complete every node in DDQ, all for something that they may not even reap until like once a month? And that's IF they were able to beat them all almost every single day.

And since most of you here follow the motto of "lol, n00bz shouldn't even have access 4 and 5 starz, keep that for us onlee", why would that now be an acceptable olive branch?
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    It is horrible the way it is now. Before I could go to the washroom while at work and knock it off and leave the 1* node for later in the day so I get my sheild resupply. And now nope can't go take a **** and knock off 3 nodes of ddq and use some iso or open my tokens now. Now I get to do it at home cause who knows how long today's will take.

Please change it back to the old system.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey today's DDQ was much easier! Even easier than the old one! Why aren't we having reduced rewards for it? icon_razz.gif