Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I say change it back or refund me the $40 I recently put into the game. This is not the game I invested my money on. Bait and switch is not cool
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, the only reason that Enchilada is harder is because the first node is specifically Ultron sentries. If that were any other type of goon (except maybe symbiote goons), I'd actually argue that they made it easier and not harder (since you'd then have 2 levels to build up AP before having to fight a non-goon, instead of the one level you had before). The only tweak I'd make to where Enchilada is today is to make it so Ultron sentries (or symbiote goons) are only available in the second goon node and not the first (and still have them be random, so that sometimes they aren't there at all).
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    The amusing part of it all is they said the reason for doing this is people were complaining about it being boring and repetitive... I see complaining here all day, every day, most is legit, some irrational gripes (I've been guilty), most is ignored... never really seen a push to "change" DDQ, if anything we just wanted it expanded, it seems to be one of the few things that the community thought was a great addition to the game, frankly it's the only reason some even leave the game installed, this is not about improving the game, it's about consuming more resources and slowing the game down, just like boosting the featured covers, nice try senator
  • Not a fan of the change. bring back the old DDQ & enchillada. No need to make something more complicated, harder or a "fun" new twist on it when its working so very well. I got through it ok, but a lot slower than the normal. Usually I hit this first when I log into MPQ; simply to get my brain rolling before i tackle something else. I know what i am gonna get, and can plan accordingly; now i cant.

my objections
    -changes from a predictable and "easy" venue of play to something more contrived and difficult than it needs be.
    -afraid the 2-3 transitioners will find it more harder on that journey.
    - the predictability of the challenge allowed me to experiment with various combinations of heroes; now that's gone.

While I appreciate you wanting to spice things up; this was not the place to toss that spice.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    "Gee, I want and end to the one thing in DDQ that provided some mindless fun and decent rewards!" Said no one, ever!!

Srsly, whose brilliant idea was this?!? Are you TRYING to make this game less fun??

Really. Bad. Move.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    If it's too repetitive they why not tweak it instead of screwing it up. Have some of the newer characters show up in it so there is a bit more variety without pissing everyone off
  • Drift
    Drift Posts: 9
    I'm exactly the kind layer for which the Enchilada is intended: A 2* player with a half dozen heroes fully covered and leveled to 70, and a smattering of 3* covers that are starting to turn into something that might help.

Why is this intended for players like me? It has exactly the type of reward that helps me move forward. I'm not interested in any more 2* covers and 4+ don't really help me. As I slowly level my 2* team to the cap, I'm collecting 3* to take me to the next level. Without this, the game is not as interesting.

I beat the Enchilada every day in one or two tries with my 2* team of OBW Thor Storm.

Today I got smacked down hard. I know I'm not doing it wrong.

This change is hurting the very players who are new-ish and should be encouraged to continue playing. What a train wreck.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My usual teams were still able to beat all the waves, despite taking a little longer on the ultron sentries, but no doubt, I can see a starting roster having more difficulty than it did previously. On the other hand, ninjas were a constant source of problems for starting (even strong 2 star rosters) rosters ... now it's just a different enemy, still a problem. I watched the video and knew it was coming (though not when, of course) but once I realized it this morning I said... "well let's see what we got" and it definitely will be more interesting if it's this random every day.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Isn't the "low level 2*s noob" going to be lacking the essential 3* too, anyway? DDQ was never meant for them beyond perhaps the 1* node and one of the 2* ones, maybe.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Good lord, the amount of fire and brimstone being thrown at this change is humorous. For the first time in ages, I had to put a minimal amount of effort into knocking out the dailies. It took a rote, repetitive chore and made it interesting for once. It still was nowhere near a challenge, and took a couple extra minutes. If this little change makes you want to quit, by all means, feel free.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I give them credit for mixing things up as people have asked. I don't think Ultron sentries will be there every time, so let's see how the whole rotation shakes out. They were not worse than Hand ninjas btw.
  • New McG wrote:
    Good lord, the amount of fire and brimstone being thrown at this change is humorous. For the first time in ages, I had to put a minimal amount of effort into knocking out the dailies. It took a rote, repetitive chore and made it interesting for once. It still was nowhere near a challenge, and took a couple extra minutes. If this little change makes you want to quit, by all means, feel free.

I do think that's one of the weird things about a lot of videogames.

If it is rewarding and easy, people do not mind it being the same repetitive tripe crud.

Nothing makes the issues of your game spring up harder then "adding difficulty" does.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    New McG wrote:

I personally never saw DDQ as repetitive, but the Ultron sentries made it exactly that - it was extremely repetitive trying to build up enough AP to knock them out while they kept cascading the board and constantly healing themselves.
  • elusive wrote:
    New McG wrote:

I personally never saw DDQ as repetitive, but the Ultron sentries made it exactly that - it was extremely repetitive trying to build up enough AP to knock them out while they kept cascading the board and constantly healing themselves.

Literally fighting the exact same five fights over and over again once a day for months on end is not repetitive, but one more stubborn round of combat for the first time in this format is?
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    oh wow, you made it even more harder for people who are just coming into the game and are trying to get their hands on the 3* chars by changing the roster on the big enchilada.

I just love the look on icon_deadpool.png's face, like "you d*mb bas***ds have no idea what's in-store for you"

h9xIq6L.jpg

the first wave is a pain to deal with, simply because they keep causing those cascades...but why stop here D3, please, also include that dumb sentry that produces crit tiles, make the second wave symbiote-based just for the keks, followed up by good ol icon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.pngicon_nickfury.png combo-wombo, muscle/muscle icon_kingpin.png as the appetizer (because why not) and conclude it by adding a 5th round with icon_galactus.png for the main dish as that's sure to raise the blood pressure

all of this, for the stupid price of same rewards icon_e_biggrin.gif

really now, if you made changes to something people didn't ask for, nor were they complaining it sucked and asked for bigger challenges, then up the rewards, like at least 200 iso per damn round on the big enchilada so we get 800 Iso and the 3* cover

hell, making it past the first round without a well season roster should be praised with 3 health packs
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Isn't the "low level 2*s noob" going to be lacking the essential 3* as well? DDQ was never meant for them beyond perhaps the 1* node and one of the 2* ones, maybe.

Many of them will be lacking the 3* essential but I'm sure there are also many who have all or most of the 3* but have none of them well covered. I was in that boat when ddq first started.

I've been playing almost since day one but because of work I was never able to have the time to compete in pve and my 2* couldn't compete in pvp so random tokens were my only means of 3*. By the time ddq came I had at least one cover of most 3* and the ones I didn't get I had a chance at in the ddq vault. Thanks to ddq I was able to get my 3* rolling which made me able to compete in pvp and get 4* rolling. Now I have all my 3* covered and half of them championed and some strong 4* and 5* as well.

My 3* and 4* breezed thorough today like always but if ddq had been like this when I was transitioning I don't think I would have been able to do it and I'd still be stuck and still just log in once a day to claim my daily reward. To me ddq was, and should be, a way to transition from 2* to 3* and help you get to the point where you can actually play the game.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind them increasing the difficulty of DDQ but would it hurt them to sweeten the pot a little? How is it that the vault doesn't offer any Command Points? Really, these changes just make what was once a mundane task a lot more annoying
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Well, didnt see that coming, as a matter of fact, DDQ is now harder.... Not much harder for a 3* to 4* transitioner but still harder.

That is strange, i mean D3 did last time alot of good things, no 20 iso more, championiong for long term playing, many ways to get leg tokens and now such a big step into the wrong direction again... really sometimes dont understand the doing behind the scenes...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see this more as me needing a 2nd 1* on those days Juggs ends up being the enemy for the 1 star node. Time for me to level Spider-Man.
  • I see this more as me needing a 2nd 1* on those days Juggs ends up being the enemy for the 1 star node. Time for me to level Spider-Man.

Now THAT'S something I am wondering about. Was Juggs an enemy in the 1* one for some people? I had 2* Daken, but if stuff like that's happenin that's kinda curious.