Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Remember how I complained yesterday that my 3* team was beaten for the first time ever in DDQ? They wiped even harder today. First an Ultron wave, then symbiotes? What did I do to you, D3?
  • Heartburn
    Options
    i think there has been a big misunderstanding between the players expectations and the developers intentions.
    You are suppose to lose
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, devs must looooove their Ultron dudes round one. Ultron prime with them? I said yesterday was my least favorite DDQ node - noooope. Nope nope nope.

Node one: Champ hood dead, champ DP down to under 1000, champ LT about half-dead. Fantastic.
  • Crowl wrote:
    Well today's (Thursday's) DDQ was certainly an improvement... icon_e_wink.gif

Hmm, I think your dictionary might be broken. icon_mrgreen.gif

That was written while it was gone. lol

I have to be honest, and I wish to God I was trolling, but it really feels like D3 does not want people playing their game.

In an area of MPQ that was once a blessed refuge from, well, MPQ, today's BE really sends a message...

Play someone else's game, you're not wanted here.

While I predicted this change long ago, it would have been awesome to have been wrong...

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wave1: Ultron Prime, blue ultron goon, green Ultron Goon.

Wave2: Symbiote Goons

Wave3: Beast, Konran, Shinobi (Beast will use all abilities immediately, which is good to get the heal out of the way, but there are inevitably blue friendly special tiles so expect 1k+ aoe from his Green)

Wave4: Human Torch, IM40, and Beast (making a second appearance).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Wave3: Beast, Konran, Shinobi (Beast will use all abilities immediately, which is good to get the heal out of the way, but there are inevitably blue friendly special tiles so expect 1k+ aoe from his Green)

Don't forget the creeper green TU
  • Starsaber
    Options
    Well today's (Thursday's) DDQ was certainly an improvement... icon_e_wink.gif

DBC

Yeah, I preferred today's when it was missing.
  • shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i was actually excited when they said "random" ddqs in the video. my head went to maggia fighting with ninjas and ultron bots fighting along side captain america or whatever. but it's not random. they're still grouped together. they're still planned. disappointing.

also, ultron prime in the first round? wow. this was the first time in forever my tried and true 2* team (blackstormneto) has ever LOST. had to switch to cagestevewitch. get those shields tossin', stunlocks rolling and protect tiles guardin' and it wasn't too bad. but how's a two star team suppose to beat that?
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ultron prime? No problem! First attempt, everyone above half hp.

2*/3* Thor (both do what they need to)
    2* Storm
    2* Magneto

I don't get why people feel the need to "transition" to a full 3* lineup for TBE when the ultimate combo is sitting in 2*. Also think about how this combo works before you complain about board.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Don't forget the creeper green TU

That's weird, my TU was Nova's black.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And let's not forget that symbiote goons are now in the 1* node (with a Repulser Punch Team Up no less)!

Today does feel like we're being trolled. I got through Big Enchilada with my usual Thor/Cap/Hulk team, but Thor got killed in the first wave, with the other two down to less than 4k in health each. Luckily Cap got enough defense tiles out that nothing did more than 1pt after that ugly Ultron wave until (the 2nd) Beast's green AOE. Scratched by on this one.

Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover? Is that goal here from a design perspective? I can do Cap/KK/IM40 I guess but I'd rather save them for the PVE's. Same for Charlie's Angels "winfinite", or my jeanbuster fueled by IF or SWitch. Or 4* Thor +IM40. Or XFW + Xpool. OR Kingpin + Red Hulk.

This won't be a problem...for anyone who's championed almost all 3*'s and has a good amount of 200 lvl + 4*'s. I'm just not sure that was who the Big Enchilada was intended to challenge/help/reward though.
  • onthebrink
    onthebrink Posts: 31
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So what do you think happened over at MPQ headquarters? Ultron & Droids on the first wave? Seriously? Did somebody get dumped by their girlfriend right before Valentine's day?

I used to be able to beat all of the Big Enchilada with Lvl 94 2* Magneto (3/5/5), Thor(5/3/5) & Storm (5/5/3). Basically gather purple to use Magneto's Polarity Shift to build blue for Storm's Wind Storm. I could usually get through the entire thing without taking any damage (unless there were ninjas w/Turn to Smoke). Today, that party got wiped off the map before I killed Ultron. The second try went much better. I used Lvl 270 Old Man Logan w/Hard to Kill, Lvl 168 3* Iron Man (5/4/4) & Lvl 166 Cap (3/5/5). Tanked w/ OML to get red & yellow, use recharge to get more red & blue, then basically stunned & smashed w/Cap's Peacemaker & Star-Spangled Avenger. Only took a few minutes of damage on IM & Cap, and OML was at full health at the end.
  • onthebrink
    Options
    Must be pretty common team. I don't use the boards much and came up with the same team on my own. However, unless you can gather purple quickly, this fight does not go well with that combo.
    Tryke wrote:

2* Storm
    2* Magneto

I don't get why people feel the need to "transition" to a full 3* lineup for TBE when the ultimate combo is sitting in 2*. Also think about how this combo works before you complain about board.
  • Tatercat
    Options
    onthebrink wrote:
    So what do you think happened over at MPQ headquarters? Ultron & Droids on the first wave? Seriously? Did somebody get dumped by their girlfriend right before Valentine's day?

I used to be able to beat all of the Big Enchilada with Lvl 94 2* Magneto (3/5/5), Thor(5/3/5) & Storm (5/5/3). Basically gather purple to use Magneto's Polarity Shift to build blue for Storm's Wind Storm. I could usually get through the entire thing without taking any damage (unless there were ninjas w/Turn to Smoke). Today, that party got wiped off the map before I killed Ultron. The second try went much better. I used Lvl 270 Old Man Logan w/Hard to Kill, Lvl 168 3* Iron Man (5/4/4) & Lvl 166 Cap (3/5/5). Tanked w/ OML to get red & yellow, use recharge to get more red & blue, then basically stunned & smashed w/Cap's Peacemaker & Star-Spangled Avenger. Only took a few minutes of damage on IM & Cap, and OML was at full health at the end.

Since you're relying on Star Spangled Avenger for your Red, you might as well change that Iron Man to a 4/4/5 to make that AP generation even sweeter.

Again though, I'm puzzled over a design choice that forces a player to use a 5* in a fight for a 3* cover.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    onthebrink wrote:
    Must be pretty common team. I don't use the boards much and came up with the same team on my own. However, unless you can gather purple quickly, this fight does not go well with that combo.
    Tryke wrote:

2* Storm
    2* Magneto

Main problem is that people think it's all about the purple into blue. There's an ap+dmg engine in there people forget to use. The abilities all feed into each other. Mags red is great, thor yellow, storm green, all of those generate tons of ap to use over and over again. Mags purple is great to get it started, but there are other ways to get rolling too, like thors red and yellow and storm green. Again, it was first try, no boosts, no crazy starting cascades, everyone finished above half hp.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover?

If you have them, why wouldn't you? I've always used PX/GSBW/SW for TBE, even before the change. I've moved up to RHulk/4Cyc/SW, but the same. It's decently hard already, why add a self-imposed degree of difficulty?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover? Is that goal here from a design perspective? I can do Cap/KK/IM40 I guess but I'd rather save them for the PVE's. Same for Charlie's Angels "winfinite", or my jeanbuster fueled by IF or SWitch. Or 4* Thor +IM40. Or XFW + Xpool. OR Kingpin + Red Hulk.

This won't be a problem...for anyone who's championed almost all 3*'s and has a good amount of 200 lvl + 4*'s. I'm just not sure that was who the Big Enchilada was intended to challenge/help/reward though.

Yeah, I don't get it either. My goto team (Champ 3* Daken, Champ Blade, OML 0/1/1) did survive today, but this new style is even problematic for a team using a 5*s. Today, Blade ended up with under 1000 health. Yesterday, old man died (double dose of demolition to the face).

There are no new rewards to warrant the new insane increase in difficulty. If we were now playing for 4*s, this might make sense. But to just up and throw an Ultron prime out of the gate for the same old prizes feels like a giant middle finger from the devs to the players
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    I loved my DDQ routine like others did, it had been a daily event and not every Big E was easy. But this is a huge step to the meaning of HARDER... especially today with facing Ultron himself on wave 1. (Sam Wilson Falcon cover) icon_eek.gif

Bad on the change is, that the level is harder now, more difficult as known before, and eating Health Packs... but...

Good on the change is, I feel like "Oh, wait, which combo would fit now?" I'm kind of really awaken now, looking like O.O but engaged to find a way that works.

New players will take long to rock the Big E, that's not so good, I think. Perhaps it's the only way to get one of these goldy shiny covers we all adore sooooo muuuuuch.... icon_razz.gif

Fix it, devs, please, but just a little bit. I'm not totally shocked, just a little bit. icon_cool.gif
  • Tatercat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover?

If you have them, why wouldn't you? I've always used PX/GSBW/SW for TBE, even before the change. I've moved up to RHulk/4Cyc/SW, but the same. It's decently hard already, why add a self-imposed degree of difficulty?

Honestly? Probably nostalgia for those 3 characters. Thor/Hulk/Cap were some of the first 3*'s I maxed and were my frontline team in PVE and PVP for a long time in the 1st year, including beating one of the early Gauntlets. The game has passed that particular combo by though, and Big Enchilada was the one place I could take that team out again for a spin.

Yes, it would be easier for me to bring a gun to a knife fight. But it's not as much fun, at least personally for me.

Great, now I feel old.
  • onthebrink
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    Tryke wrote:

2* Storm
    2* Magneto

Main problem is that people think it's all about the purple into blue. There's an ap+dmg engine in there people forget to use. The abilities all feed into each other. Mags red is great, thor yellow, storm green, all of those generate tons of ap to use over and over again. Mags purple is great to get it started, but there are other ways to get rolling too, like thors red and yellow and storm green. Again, it was first try, no boosts, no crazy starting cascades, everyone finished above half hp.

Don't get me wrong, I use the other abilities as well, especially Call the Storm, but to get through untouched you definitely need Wind Storm.