Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    EgWhSrA.png
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I found on various days the new DDQ is either much much easier to beat (like random goons instead of heroes today in the 3* essential node) or annoyingly harder.

So, in essence, it's random. If I use a serious team instead of a joke team there's no delay, but even my weak teams are easily clearing everything, so.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oddly, I am noticing the increased difficulty more on my main account as that one uses the team that will get me through quickest, whereas on my mobile account I am just trying to get through it and my 2* team of Thor/Mags/OBW continues to just about be able to grind their way through the tougher days even if it is slow going.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not complaining so much to the tune that a change is not welcome but only because I have a good enough roster that I will beat DDQ regardless under the current build but being that it is "harder" than before the rewards should be upped - 1cp for clearing all nodes in addition to the 2k iso. They did that when cp's were introduced so it shouldn't be hard to re-implement and certainly won't break the game. It will take almost 3 weeks to get enough cp for 1 classic token or a 3* cover, just another example of d3 being stingy....I really wish they would just focus on what players want (within reason) instead of assuming that the changes they have come up with will be welcomed additions.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I've given it several days to see how this is playing out before posting my feelings on this.

Random is all good and fine. Harder or easier wasn't necessary. It was the right amount of difficulty before the change. My usual DDQ team isn't having any trouble even with today's Ultron surprise. I'm a more than casual/less than hardcore pve player and use KK/LCap/3*Cyclops. Bring on Galactus.

But my wife is a very casual player who enjoys doing her daily "Deadpoo" (she heard it in Deadpool Zombie issue involving a zombie eating Deadpool and pooing him back out). Her two star team isn't faring as well as it was before. She can still finish it with OBW/MMags/2hor but now she is asking for my help again which she hasn't needed to do in months.

Eventually she will have three stars to clear it easily (provided they don't change it again) but my concern is for the people that could clear it before the changes and now can't. Not cool.

Why slow those people down when the we weren't hindered with the same difficulties when we were at that level. Most mmo's I've played tried to catch new players up to the veteran players. My two cents. I'm gonna keep playing but I do think the devs hurt the community with this change.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just dont get why there is such a fuss about this from veteran players. New players have right to complain but my Doom/LThor/Cage team still win pretty comfortably. It takes a little longer, but its no bigger deal than that.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Wave1: Ultron Prime, blue ultron goon, green Ultron Goon.

Wave2: Symbiote Goons

Wave3: Beast, Konran, Shinobi (Beast will use all abilities immediately, which is good to get the heal out of the way, but there are inevitably blue friendly special tiles so expect 1k+ aoe from his Green)

Wave4: Human Torch, IM40, and Beast (making a second appearance).

In other words, a big FU from the devs to players. AGAIN.

DDQ is now my LEAST FAVORITES part of the game. Nice job. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I just dont get why there is such a fuss about this from veteran players....

It takes a little longer

You answered your own question. I shouldn't be wiping with 4* characters on a node that has a 3* reward. DDQ is supposed to be 20 minutes out of my day for some easy ISO and that's it. It was working well, and everyone loved it. Now they have made it harder - with no additional reward. That's a **** move.

My wife also plays and just maxed out her Thormneto. She had been able to complete TBE every time she had the required 3* until now. Just because vets don't suffer as much doesn't mean we don't care. We recognize the need for the player base to continue to be able to progress, and making DDQ more challenging means fewer people making progress which is bad for the game as a whole.
  • Ungoliant
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it. My roster can take it so far, but part of why my roster is able to even do that is due to how DDQ was before: DDQ was incredibly helpful in making the 2-3* transition steady (if slow).

I feel like DDQ was one of the features that could have been left alone while other aspects of the game were looked at - such as the scaling, which needed the developer's time and attention far more than DDQ. Why fix what wasn't broken?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You answered your own question. I shouldn't be wiping with 4* characters on a node that has a 3* reward. DDQ is supposed to be 20 minutes out of my day for some easy ISO and that's it. It was working well, and everyone loved it. Now they have made it harder - with no additional reward. That's a **** move.

My wife also plays and just maxed out her Thormneto. She had been able to complete TBE every time she had the required 3* until now. Just because vets don't suffer as much doesn't mean we don't care. We recognize the need for the player base to continue to be able to progress, and making DDQ more challenging means fewer people making progress which is bad for the game as a whole.

It takes me maybe 5 minutes longer with the team I use. Thats just not a big deal to me.

As I did say, I feel sorry for new players as it will probably be too tough for them now. For someone like me who's been playing the game for over 400 days now, its not made that much of a difference.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a buddy that must be on the development team and I don't know it. This DDQ change is exaclty something he would do. I am going to make it way harder to be a big jerk, wow does this make me cool. We must really be breaking the bank making an extra 2k ISO a day that they needed to stop it from happening for as many people. I would really love to spend a ton of money on this game, but its moves like this that make me regret every purchase and not want to spend money. It was a fun thing to do every day just to get a 3 * cover and some ISO that every could use. Like today's first node wiped OBW in 1 turn from full and they weren't even trying, I'd really like the Devs to explain how this is a fun addition to the game.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This definitely was the most challenging TBE yet with Ultron to kick it off. I've been able to continue getting through using a 3* lineup, but they are maxed characters and it would be extraordinarily difficult to do on 2*'s if you can't get an infinite combo running.

If they're going to continue to maintain higher levels of difficulty on the TBE at the minimum the devs need to display to the players what characters will be in each wave before starting the node. Its asking too much of the lower level rosters to waste health packs to discover their teams are ill-equipped for later waves. Its also unreasonable to expect all of those players to look up info elsewhere on net before assembling a ddq squad each day.

One possible, more radical suggestion: remove health pack requirements from DDQ. Characters start each DDQ node at full health, any health gained or lost in DDQ battle doesn't carry over to using those characters in other non-DDQ events like PVE/PVP/Prologue. Effectively allowing players to retry difficult DDQ nodes as many times as they want without consuming health packs. That strikes me as a reasonable balance change to offset having more difficult DDQ challenges.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Thormneto wiped today for the first time since I championed them. They are all in the 120's so not maxxed but not slacking. I was able to beat it on the second try after Thor got knocked to 1800 health on the third turn.

Who's the genius who thought that Ultron and his pals weren't strong enough without a Spiderman crit tile teamup?
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The original DPD, as I'll call it now, had a good balance of difficulty for players at all levels. For beginners, there was the last node where you could win at least 500 ISO. For 2* players, it was possible to grab a taco and 1k ISO. For 2* to 3* progression, it was possible to grab two tacos and get the 3* cover if you had the character on your roster and a strong enough 2* team.
    Now, you better have a strong 3*, possibly some 4*'s, to beat the 3* node for the cover. This doesn't make sense. I take a championed team into the 3* cover node yesterday and barely made it out. There's no way a 3* transitioner should have to face this difficulty. It defeats the sole purpose of DPD in the first place! I THOUGHT it was meant to help these players, not harm or frustrate them. 5*'s are out now, so these 3* players should at least get cut a little slack in their transition. If they were competing for 4*, bring on the slaughter, like in the 4* DPD, but on the regular one. There was nothing wrong with DPD, and I HIGHLY doubt there was anyone on the forums complaining about it before these "changes" came back. I hope in the near future DPD will return to the purpose it was meant for, not continue to present headaches for those trying to start out on catch up on their 3* transition.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    been playing TBE with a 180 cmags/172 xfw/145 xpool. was really glad x-twins could heal. got a lucky starting board and things went really smooth with x-twins ending full health and cmags at about half. but I was nervous going into it, which I shouldn't be when I was regularly clearing TBE with 94s before champing hit. TBE started helping transitioners about as soon as they got a fully covered functional 2* team to about 70-75. now I'm guessing they'll need >100 to finish some of these. really sucks for newer players and pretty annoying for vets.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't even remotely need a 4 star to beat these. I have done them all easily with Patch Dak and Loki. Rarely taking any damage by match end. I just swap between the two healers when they get hit and grab black. Job done. So I don't understand why anyone says string 3 stars aren't enough. I think this would be more of an issue if they didn't chuck 3 stars at you now anyway. Yes it's not as fast but it's way more fun. It's still the easiest ISO you will get for time taken.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You don't even remotely need a 4 star to beat these. I have done them all easily with Patch Dak and Loki. Rarely taking any damage by match end. I just swap between the two healers when they get hit and grab black. Job done. So I don't understand why anyone says string 3 stars aren't enough. I think this would be more of an issue if they didn't chuck 3 stars at you now anyway. Yes it's not as fast but it's way more fun. It's still the easiest ISO you will get for time taken.
    yes, because everyone has ^them, and at usable levels.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Today was still doable with 2* Bullseye/2* Mags/2* Storm.

If you can still earn the 3* cover using a 2* team, I think people are overreacting to the change.

Normally I would just walk through with Surfer/OML/Ice, but after all of the whinging about how hard this event was today, I thought I'd take a run with the old team. It wasn't as easy as the old Goon/Character/Goon/Character days, but I got through four rounds using a 2* team by grabbing purple to make protect tiles and to make blue, which I then used to stun and AoE (just like the old days). Finished the last round off with a double-crit into a third crit with Bullseye's black.

My only criticism of the new event is that you can't see what's coming in the next round. It's good to know whether you need to finish a round with an ability or if the next round is all goons and you are free to let them have a move.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    yes, because everyone has ^them, and at usable levels.

It was just one example. I couldn't do the old way effectively until I got a near max Storm/thor and Mags. I had to suck it up until then just like others have to now. I also can't do the Titan fight, which should be a match with 3 stars against 4 to increase my 4 star roster but I'm not bleating about it. People just want everything instantly with minimum effort. Get a new 4 star whinge it will take 18 months before it's usable, get a usable 4 star whinge about the iso. The game is far better if people make a choice on their 4 stars rather than everyone having 10/20 or all of them maxed out.

Just because you have always been able to do something quickly and easily isn't a good reason for it to stay that way. I like the refresh, it adds something to what was a mundane chore.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:

Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover? Is that goal here from a design perspective? I can do Cap/KK/IM40 I guess but I'd rather save them for the PVE's. Same for Charlie's Angels "winfinite", or my jeanbuster fueled by IF or SWitch. Or 4* Thor +IM40. Or XFW + Xpool. OR Kingpin + Red Hulk.

This won't be a problem...for anyone who's championed almost all 3*'s and has a good amount of 200 lvl + 4*'s. I'm just not sure that was who the Big Enchilada was intended to challenge/help/reward though.

Yeah, I don't get it either. My goto team (Champ 3* Daken, Champ Blade, OML 0/1/1) did survive today, but this new style is even problematic for a team using a 5*s. Today, Blade ended up with under 1000 health. Yesterday, old man died (double dose of demolition to the face).

There are no new rewards to warrant the new insane increase in difficulty. If we were now playing for 4*s, this might make sense. But to just up and throw an Ultron prime out of the gate for the same old prizes feels like a giant middle finger from the devs to the players
    agreed. My team of Laken/LCap/Falcon took forever to get going and nearly got knocked out the first round. once I laid down Falc's purple and got Star-Spangled Avenger going, it was fine, but still really annoying.