Galactus Run 2 Changes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wellp, ALMOST got to the legendary token - about three clears of Galactus short. Hit every refresh, but my small-n-casual alliance just wasn't hitting him hard enough to get to the higher scoring rounds. Wish it was easier to get to with a smaller group, but them's the breaks, and I really enjoyed the changes made for round 2.
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While I appreciate all the changes that were made this time around, I ended up finishing with approximately 947,000 points, just shy of the Legendary token. I feel like if the BP node were available I would have hit it. I sent a ticket in to see if the devs would be kind enough to let it slide and let me have the Legendary token anyway...
  • Monged4life
    Options
    This was a very fun event this time round, so thanks for that! icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's possible you went slightly too far the other way in terms of difficulty, but I think that was probably the right choice after the first round.

Without having Cyclops I bagged the legendary token and collectively we gained 2 hulk covers, so I'm much happier with the feeling of achievement from playing every node I could all weekend, than the feeling of despair from playing every node last time and having no 4* cover to show for it at all.

Also the new cover packs (and the quantity of them) were very much appreciated! Thanks again for a fun week icon_e_smile.gif
  • Scalphunter
    Options
    While I appreciate all the changes that were made this time around, I ended up finishing with approximately 947,000 points, just shy of the Legendary token. I feel like if the BP node were available I would have hit it. I sent a ticket in to see if the devs would be kind enough to let it slide and let me have the Legendary token anyway...

This exactly. I ended up with 937488. Please let us know if the devs give you a Legendary token.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Here are the overall changes that we made for Galactus on run 2. Please use this thread for comments.

So, now that it's all over and done, I'm interested in how this shook out vs Run 1, and vs Ultron.

Remind me how many alliances received each HB cover during Ultron, and how many participated? (My alliance managed 1.)
    How many received each Classic Cyclops cover during run 1 (I think 111 received the first cover, which you mentioned was actually high). Out of how many? (My alliance managed none.)
    How many received each Red Hulk cover, and out of how many? If Run 1 was a little high, I can only assume you gave out many, many more Red Hulk covers than originally intended. (My alliance managed two, and we're pretty excited about it.)

For me, I'd like to see these super-events extended by 1 day: specifically, not with the same game play, but with a set of more traditional nodes tacked on the end, in order to add a little story into the event. Otherwise, it's just us beating up on (and getting beaten up by) an epic enemy who just sort of vanishes at the end. One day of regular PVE nodes (with cut scenes) to save Sokovia/show Galactus the Ultimate Nullifier and chase him off planet added to the end would nicely round out the experience, and you can pad out progression awards a bit. (If you add something like that to Ultron, please please please add a cut scene of Thor dropping "Ultron, we would have words with thee." I sorely missed that line in AoU.)
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

This exactly. I ended up with 937488. Please let us know if the devs give you a Legendary token.
    They denied me the token, saying we already got compensation and that it would be both unfair and impractical to reward me on an individual level.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's be honest. The closed BP node didn't prevent anyone from getting the token. The score target was so low, you could've started the event halfway through and still hit it.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Let's be honest. The closed BP node didn't prevent anyone from getting the token. The score target was so low, you could've started the event halfway through and still hit it.

Not everyone has the same play schedule to obtain the same scores. If someone came close enough that BP node + RD8 Galactus HP would have given them points for legendary token, the token should have been given.

But, that would actually be a player friendly decision and owning up to their own mistakes. Between that and the PVP decision on BV/WOM, its obvious the company isn't interested in that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    But, that would actually be a player friendly decision and owning up to their own mistakes. Between that and the PVP decision on BV/WOM, its obvious the company isn't interested in that.
    Yeah, I totally get that, just saying that unlike getting no-ISO in PvP, the solution to this was well within our grasp.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

I wouldn't hold up my own experience as the norm, but my alliance got to round 5 and I was two clears of Galactus away from the legendary token. Being able to hit BP for two refreshes would have gotten me there. /sadtrombone