Galactus Run 2 Changes

Options

Comments

• hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes - I am having issues with black panther on Galactus 3. I can select a team, but get kicked out when I push fight

I keep getting kicked out as well. Pick the team, go thru everything then when the board is suppose to come up the app crashes.

Ditto this.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    hsk808 wrote:
    I keep getting kicked out as well. Pick the team, go thru everything then when the board is suppose to come up the app crashes.

Ditto this.
    While more info is always useful, another thread is up for this in particular. Anyone else having the issue please go here.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone having problems getting the second round of the Black Panther match to start???

I press start mission and it shuts the app - all other missions working???
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    Anyone having problems getting the second round of the Black Panther match to start???

I press start mission and it shuts the app - all other missions working???
    Known issue, see here (and the above couple posts)
  • i noticed that BP lv 260 while the other boosted just lv 240
  • Wanted to thank the devs for the changes, this feels more like an anniversary event now. Even with the panther bug
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree that the match feels much more manageable now.

It's still a challenge with the countdown tile damage but I feel I have some breathing room to figure out a strategy.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Thanks for the changes, this is a lot more enjoyable now. icon_e_smile.gif Happy anniversary!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a million times better! Sure, I'm still dying on Galactus, but now I'm actually enjoying it cause I have a very good chance of beating him too! This is how it should have been, thanks for listening.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great changes, thank you. It is very much appreciated that complaints were acted on.

Opening of this event was also improved by the my ridiculous luck from tokens yesterday. Probably my best day in MPQ

1000hp from ddq + loki token
    2x4 star.png 's and 3x3 star.png 's from 10 pack
    Anniversary tokens - Prof X, Devil Dino, 6 other needed threes.

I now have 16 threes to move from 125 to 166. Can I have some ISO luck now icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jeez this is way more fun.
    Also a nod to Ice and co. for respecting the canon. To quote myself "It would make sense for Squirrel Girl to be the ultimate weapon against Galactus".

Before it was a bit of a task to get through even the first bit of run 4 (btw guys, Black Panther works fine on run 4 and onwards. Rejoice.) but now I can rock a team I love and am comfortable with.
    The anniversary token changes were also amazing. Kingpin, Jean Grey, and Ant-Man! I've honestly never had this much good luck when it comes to covers, and its nice.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree completely. This round of Galactus is much more fun. Well done!
  • So much better! I've only lost twice, once due to bad board and the other due to my own stupidity. Plus the anniversary tokens rolling in like hot cakes. Lots of twos still, but a lot more fun.
  • I'm sad that there are so many comments saying "Thank you! Great improvement!" as if devs doing the right thing by making the game (arguably) more playable deserves accolades. It's akin to patting a thief on the back for not robbing someone. "Well done on not stealing just now!" Also, can someone point to the thread or message where devs actually apologize?
  • ChoiceMad wrote:
    I'm sad that there are so many comments saying "Thank you! Great improvement!" as if devs doing the right thing by making the game (arguably) more playable deserves accolades. It's akin to patting a thief on the back for not robbing someone. "Well done on not stealing just now!" Also, can someone point to the thread or message where devs actually apologize?

I am sad you are seeing it this way.
    In a way, they have indeed improved from galactus round 1 which I admit was bad. I appreciate the efforts of the devs that they actually look into the feedback provided and simply saying thank you is basic manners and acknowledgement of their efforts.
    They may have never apologised because of what happened, but an improvement is an improvement.

Anyone makes mistakes, but some people may never rectify them. I see this as a form of rectification they have done to try to improve the overall experience.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This almost seems too easy now.

Hey, don't everybody look at me like that, I said "almost"!
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe I'm not getting points for my sub-nodes. Is anyone else experiencing this? I didn't see a thread.
  • ChoiceMad wrote:
    I'm sad that there are so many comments saying "Thank you! Great improvement!" as if devs doing the right thing by making the game (arguably) more playable deserves accolades. It's akin to patting a thief on the back for not robbing someone. "Well done on not stealing just now!" Also, can someone point to the thread or message where devs actually apologize?

I get where you're coming from, I do. I've spent a bunch of my time in this forum responding to some pretty outlandish stuff from folks who are either straight up trolls, paid shills, or suffering from some serious Stockholm Syndrome, buuut...

What exactly are we supposed to do when the devs CLEARLY heard a majority raising the same issue, and then responded by actually doing something about it?

Do I like "true healing?" No.
    Do I like the PvP and PvE situations as they stand? No.
    Could I offer constructive criticism about other issues with MPQ? Sure.

I offered constructive criticism about the first run of Galactus in particular, and D3 responded by compensating me for something going wrong, and then actually RESTRUCTURED THE WHOLE EVENT in response to the feedback of folks like me.

You want an apology? Bring your Hulk, Daken, and Patch into a Stage 4 Big G fight. Apology wholeheartedly accepted.

If I am not ready to publicly commend them for their behaviors when they do right by players, what exactly is the point of offering feedback at all? The only reason I even have a leg to stand on when defending myself against the "you're an overexpectant whiner" posse is because of just this type of rational adult response.

I offered feedback.
    D3 adjusted.
    I commend them for caring about my experience and my opinion.
    Simple.

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BIG THANK YOU for these changes! We're just wrapping up Round 6. I've contributed double the amount of points I did last time!

Hulk-CMags-Mohawk has not lost yet!
  • Just want to say I'm having way more fun this time around - thank you for making adjustments. Looking forward to the final rounds.