Galactus Run 2 Changes

Comments

• GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    These changes all sound great and my first clear is much more fun. Thank you and the dev team for the quick rebalance and increased rewards.

Can we celebrate now icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I just wanted to thank you for these changes. The slower ap generation, the anniversary tokens from the goon nodes and the easier progression are just perfect. Both thumbs up from me. Terrific event as of round 4.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    No Iceman in Hunger2 token!

Already stated that they won't put him in until Season XX. First the servers imploded, then they had to retune Galactus. Completely see that they had better things to spend their time on. Once the sale window was missed it didn't really matter when he was added tbh.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Already stated that they won't put him in until Season XX. First the servers imploded, then they had to retune Galactus. Completely see that they had better things to spend their time on. Once the sale window was missed it didn't really matter when he was added tbh.

I already "knew" no iceman in other tokens.
    But hunger1 to kens had Iceman if i remember correctly, so this was a heads-up!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    turul wrote:

I already "knew" no iceman in other tokens.
    But hunger1 to kens had Iceman if i remember correctly, so this was a heads-up!

hunger1 tokens did not have iceman.
  • Skorche wrote:
    Why Can't We Use Cyclops Uncanny X-men on the cyclops essential node you have always let us use variants. We can on captain. Americans node.

That's not always the case. In run one you could use (any) on a lot of the nodes, except Human Torch, which needed to be the 3* version. This is no different in that regard, just stings a bit for those who haven't pulled one from a token yet, or gotten him from the first run.

I'd prefer using 3Clops instead of 4Clops since three star is maxed and covered right, and four star is 1/1/1 and still level 70, but he's a new character and they usually push those hard for sales reasons. I'm not bothered that he's required, just seems odd since he was just featured in Simulator, and I can't recall another time they've used the same new character as required in two consecutive events.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    This feels more like what I imagined an anniversary event would be. Challenging but not "I have to spend hp to beat it" hard.

I just wish the sale was still on as the galactus hungers tokens look tempting icon_e_smile.gif

Great job!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    just seems odd since he was just featured in Simulator, and I can't recall another time they've used the same new character as required in two consecutive events.
    agreed. seems odd. not upset, but i have a 2-cover 4cyc but seems odd. of course they take him and make him a wave survival node. making you take that on basically with 2 characters. really not much to complain about though - lots of positive changes.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ANNIVERSARY EVENT, TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!!!!

Good job, ya'll. :+D
  • During the first run of this I felt so completely overwhelmed. I have a decent roster and felt that having a lot of good, well covered 3* characters wasn't helping me at all. This time around it looks like I have a fighting chance at hitting the max progression reward. I want to say thank you to the dev team for turning this event around. Its some of the most fun I've had playing in a long time. It has challenge to it, feels more puzzle-like and gives out good rewards for consistent play.
  • I think we can safely say that the majority of players are quite pleased with the changes. (Yes there's still some problems like 4Cyc being essential and still having 40-ISO rewards.)

So Ice, is there any chance of replaying the original Galactus Hungers now that it's fixed, rewarding, and fun? I'm sure many of us would like another crack at those Cyc covers now that we've got a shot at winning!

After all, while 2.0 is wonderful there was already a plan to run a second iteration. So this isn't exactly compensation for the awful time we had on the last one. Giving everyone another chance would allow us to *earn* our compensation, rather than asking for the handout.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I like these new changes. I really, really do. The new downside is that all of a sudden I have too many health packs due to there being no simultaneous events outside of pvp... but that's more of a positive than a negative! Looking forward to getting some Rulk covers!

Edit: Is it just me, or are the Galactus tokens fairly low odds? I see ~26.4% chance of 3 star or higher, which seems low compared to other events that are in the 30+ range. I'm 0/4 so far at least...
  • Much less hostile to 2* rosters. This is a change for the better... Even if I'm still getting terrible drivel from the tokens.

Still confused onto why 3* Cyclops can't be used instead of 4*, when only ~2% of players did well enough on Galactus 1.0.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats, these fixes answer to every single complaint we had (except the 20/40 Iso one, but in MPQ that's just like Death and Taxes.)
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else getting booted from the game when doing the Black Panther node during round 3?
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else getting booted from the game when doing the Black Panther node during round 3?

Yes, I am. I thought it might be just me, but I guess not. iOS version, by the way, for iPhone.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the changes. They look good, and while it's too early to tell (rounds 1-4 are a pushover no matter what changes are made) I'm now looking forward to happier times in rounds 6-8.

We finished round 8 with about ten hours to go last time, let's see if we can do better this run. icon_e_smile.gif
  • sigepbullet
    sigepbullet Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Yes - I am having issues with black panther on Galactus 3. I can select a team, but get kicked out when I push fight
  • Yes - I am having issues with black panther on Galactus 3. I can select a team, but get kicked out when I push fight

I keep getting kicked out as well. Pick the team, go thru everything then when the board is suppose to come up the app crashes.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Yes - I am having issues with black panther on Galactus 3. I can select a team, but get kicked out when I push fight
    Interesting. We had an issue with that with the Human Torch node in the test server (for run 1), may be something similar. Checking into it.