Galactus Run 2 Changes

Options

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some nice changes made that should see difficulty ramp up as the rounds progress, while at the same time still giving people more time to chip in some damage and get the chance of tokens from the essential nodes.

Nice to see the thresholds lowered for the personal rewards, but did it really need to be another yellow BP as the progression reward since that was both the alliance reward and the lowest 3* placement reward too in the last event, surely it should have been a blue or black cover this time round?
  • Is there a full list of all the ESSENTIALS?

Should i sell spiderman and ms marvel?? (i've been holding them since galactus 1.0)?

you should be able to see them under event rules

spiderman and ms marvel arent boosted in run2. so arent essentials
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Way to go, thanks for listening to the feedback! Second run should be way more fun
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I still don't understand why I'm locked out after completing round 1, my alliance is in round two but I'm locked out?
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    xdogg wrote:
    I still don't understand why I'm locked out after completing round 1, my alliance is in round two but I'm locked out?
    This is because you can fight galactus, then do 1 essential node, fight galactus, play 1 essential node, etc. But the essential nodes can only be done once and refresh every 8 hours.
    Also if you play for the first time. You have to start with galactus before you can do an essential node. I was confused by that previous time.
  • I love you IceIX.

Too soon? icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Edit: I have 666 rep points! 666! Someone heeelp meee!

DBC
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm stunned that nonessential 2* characters are still so easy to pull. If they're kept in the packs, fine, but lower the odds for them.

Of course that won't happen, since this is the same game where the developers told us that we weren't having fun when we could buy 10-packs with a guaranteed essential character included.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Is there a full list of all the ESSENTIALS?

Should i sell spiderman and ms marvel?? (i've been holding them since galactus 1.0)?
    Added essentials to the OP.
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    quite good improvements icon_e_smile.gif

on a cosmetic note, (so not a big deal but) the field for the new missions timer does not have enough space in translated versions, and so the timer itself is always cut (at least on steam)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Edit: Added essentials for this run. Squirrel Girl needs to go against Galactus. It's canon.

You beautiful bastards. This is an aside from discussing the changes - which I think sound pretty great - but I really appreciate when you guys show off some familiarity with the comics in little choices like this.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Squirrel Girl needs to go against Galactus. It's canon.

You BASTARDS. I wanted to stay angry!
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    Overall these are amazing changes. Even if there isn't an I'm sorry message, it's clear the devs took the feedback and heavily revamped it.

The only criticism I can levy is why do we need random chance rewards on lock out nodes? I think people would be much happier knowing that they are guaranteed one or two tokens per essential rounds rather than a chance at none. Like you could have two nodes give 500 iso, 1 give a token and the other two give some iso or a two color boost.

It feels great pulling all aces but it feels terrible pulling up 1000 or so total iso while others are snatching up tokens left and right.

Either way, it's the only thing I can complain about. Thank you for truly taking our issues to heart. Hopefully many more people are able to reach a cover or two of rulk.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX and all involved, thanks so much for listening to and addressing the community's constructive-criticism over the first Galactus event. All in my alliance are looking forward to pushing further this time.
    Cheers,
    -M
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Now this is more of an Anniversary! Thanks for taking time to read our posts.

Still wish you guys weren't so insular with these major events. You guys have all that data and sometimes we still end up with stuff like Galactus RND 1.

Again thanks for the quick adjustment.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okay... now THIS is a LOT more fun. Thanks for the adjustments, guys!
  • I thought something was up when I did my first few fights and hadn't thrown my phone across the room yet. Then I realized I was enjoying myself way too much so I came on here quickly to see these changes. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I ran through parts of round 3 & round 4. I definitely noticed the changes to Galactus' CDs, ap generation, etc. So far it has been a MUCH IMPROVED experience. I didn't expect a 300k points reduction to reach legendary progression, but it is very much appreciated! Also, making Ross' best cover (green) the easiest to reach (in round 6) gives the casuals more incentive to try for the new cover.

None of my alliance mates have reported problems with server connection. GH2 is looking very, very good. I strongly urge players on the fence for round two to participate. It's safe to come back in the water now. icon_lol.gif
  • Much easier now. Thanks for listening and everything! Time to get eaten!!!
  • wesley
    wesley Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The changes are great so far, still just irked with the 40iso award on Galactus.

Round 1: Token, 40iso, 40iso.

I also really wish I had waited, I bought a Galactus 40 pack last round and got absolute tinykitty pull. Now they are much better and I spent my HP :/
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far so good, but I didn't get to play the first 3 rounds last time. So, I'm locked for another 6 hours (even though my alliance just beat round 3)... we'll see how rounds 3 and up go. I'm pretty optimistic with these changes.