Galactus Run 2 Changes

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you, Demiurge, for hearing our cries and changing the event. Not perfect, but perfection is not something to be achieved. It is very encouraging that we can actually feel that our concerns will be heard. The second round of Galactus is very much more fun that the first iteration, and I hope that it will improve as adjustments are made to the formula. Well done.

Oh...

Wait, I'm not allowed to post without complaining about something, right?

*ahem*

One stupid token for the Black Panther problems?! Gee, thanks for the 250 Iso, jerks!

(note: I think one token actually is a pretty beat compensation, but I don't care all that much.)
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Galactose is still bugged. His CD tiles say they transform basic tiles, but they can transform anything. I've lost a good number of strike tiles to the dude.
  • My alliance is really enjoying the second run. It's a night-and-day improvement over the first. Thanks for listening, devs!

-GK
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are also enjoying beating up Galactus' inbred cousin.
  • Now the event is fun. It notes that often can not make perfect copies of reality. Galactus 1 meant that when the goal was to get the most blood Galactus and not defeat him. However this makes the game frustrating. Nobody wants to play to lose. Also the gameplay was bad. Three rounds to defeat him? I've played RPGs that I had to defeat tough super bosses in five rounds but I could try as many times as he wanted due to no blood loss. As someone said in another post: Will you like the comics, Galactus place with 1kk blood to stay 10 minutes to die fighting. The Galactus 2 is different from the comics because it's easy to beat him, I'm in round 8 and did not lose any time and do not use booster, but it is doable for the purpose of the game.
  • Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Ice,

Thanks for the changes it is far more fun. And thanks for the communication. That is key.

Quick question, will galactus stay open after defeating round 8? Alliance members want to achieve the leg token, but are nervous that they will get locked out by the success of their alliance mates.
  • Cannot comment enough on how much better the second run feels, but I'll say it one more time, anecdotally.

Got up early this morning, knowing play-time is going to be severely limited this weekend (some pretty stressful "real life" stuff happening ATM). Opened MPQ, ran a 6th round Galactus match, won.

Hit a node, won.

Healed characters, ran another Big G, won.

Hit a node, won.

Healed characters, hit Big G again, won.

Came up against a node I couldn't beat, essentially locking me out for the time being. Felt satisfied with my accomplishment for the morning.

Closed MPQ, potentially for the rest of the day until late tonight, feeling good about my success, knowing I am meaningfully influencing my alliance's chances of getting at least one cover…

Last round I was 19th and feeling embarrassed and hopeless, this morning I was 13th and feeling like a productive member of a team.

Nothing really changed on my end. Same player, same skill level, same roster. Something really big changed on D3's end. A big thanks to D3 once again for listening and adapting.

Cheers!

DBC
  • thanx for listening. you won't please everyone but overall very good changes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I was curious if I could do it, so I just beat round 7 Galactus with 2* Mags, MoStorm and Hulk. It was a bit of a long match and Hulk took a lot of punishment, but I was never in any danger of losing. You know it's a whole different ballgame when you can run out "what if?" teams and still win.

Hardly a 'what if' team when it has the key elements that this fight needs, didn't it even work on galactus round 1?
  • Thanks for changes. Now event is challenging - i lost 4 out of 5 battles round 7, but enjoyable. I wish there were hp points on side nodes like with ultron, but im very happy with rewards from tokens and new difficulty level
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Wanted to say that this run was good. I lost a few times but I wasn't upset about it, he was hard but not impossible or OP. Good job on this run.

Also wanted to say this is one of the few times that a change was made due to player outcry, however look at how much outcry was necessary to make it happen.

Other things players have been vocal about that need action:

iso8.png shortage and cost ($99US for 78,000 is a joke)
    select 3* character buffs ( icon_vision.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_ironman.png )
    20 iso8.png nonsense

to name a few.

Don't mean to be negative but it's hard not to look at this and say "Wow, something was done about a problem in this game. Now if only the other problems that have been ongoing for months, even years, could get some attention"
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Wanted to thank D3/Demiurge for the changes to the event, after making it to Round 7 on the first event, this event we're plowing through the rounds, we're on Round 8 with 30+ hours left to play.

Thanks for making this event much more enjoyable.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    One stupid token for the Black Panther problems?! Gee, thanks for the 250 Iso, jerks!

(note: I think one token actually is a pretty beat compensation, but I don't care all that much.)

My Black Panther comp token gave me the last cover I needed for my Black Panther. I'm good. icon_lol.gif
  • Hi Ice- the latest black Panther is having problems. I didn't get any points and my hubs (Gro0t) didn't get points or access the the Galactus fight. I play on an Android and he is using ios.
  • Raezen wrote:
    First, yes I agree they made changes that were for the better compared to Round 1. It was nice to see them make changes, even if we had to have a 30 page post killing them for their failings in Round 1. But, in my opinion, we are overlooking some major flaws that they fail to address. Having Cyclops as an essential, when they are fully aware that Round 1 was a debacle, is just another brick in the path of horrible decision making on their part. Yes, Cyclops is only one node, but when that one node has been in every refresh since Round 2 started, that loss of points adds up in conjunction with the loss of a Galactus fight. So since Round 2 started, that means only 4 out of the 5 nodes have been able to be done by a majority of players. Add on top of that they broken BP node and all that can add up to losing any chance of hitting the required points for the Legendary token.

Secondly, the compensation for the BP node is a joke. I would rather have received the appropriate points than a token where I have a slim chance to pull something useful, mainly a Cyclops cover. I fully understand that the points missed will vary from alliance to alliance, but when the issue is caused by the failure of the devs to fix a problem they new existed in the past, then guess what, you should have to put in the time to make things right and not just hand out a chance token. For those that got lucky and got a Cyclops cover or a cover that could make a difference, then congrats to you, but a majority received a pitiful and useless cover.

Finally, I said before and I will say it again. Developing and maintaining a game is a difficult task. Issues are going to come up no matter how good you are. Some people will be happy, some will not. The best you can do is tackle the issues and fix them in a timely manner. The best you can do is to provide events that a majority finds fun and entertaining. There are many things you can do to make your game stand the test of time and not be just a flash in the pan. I urge the devs to step away for a moment and realize that most of us are just trying to help you make the game better and more entertaining. Because right now, I do not believe we have seen the best you can do.

Just my 2 cents.

I think they should be washing my feet at the moment, and the giving us all no fewer than 50 non invisible woman covers.

You let them off to easy. I mean really. What do they think this was?
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Really enjoyed the second run, Galactus was difficult but not unbeatable, so a fun challenge.

Although several of my alliance hated it, I really liked the nodes staying locked after each round. It gave everybody an almost level playing field , and you just had to do your clear within a 8-hr period, instead of needing to hit Galactus exactly when a new round starts.
  • Thanks for the changes to galactus 2. It was very fun. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
    James
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 tokens on the final clearing of farming subs. 3 gold pulls.. went out with a bang!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    3 tokes on the final clearing of farming subs. 3 gold pulls.. went out with a bang!

i was 1-15 for anniversary tokens (opening essentials) since finishing stage 8. ur a lucky dude. lol

and also can confirm that big head galactus stays open after finishing open essential nodes for last round if u finished stage 8, so get ur progression. idk if he stays open if ur still in earlier stages. sorry.
  • I'm going to wager that D3 gave out waaaaay more rewards and goodies this event then they intended.

This has totally turned into the most generous anniversary so far (out of 2).

But next year they're probably going to try to figure out how to give less... without igniting the forums on fire again.

Probably won't involve a new event, I'll guess.