Galactus Run 2 Changes

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Already pulled a RHulk Green, so event is a win for me.

I'm still reserving judgment until we reach the force quit stages from first run (6+), but the extra tokens/boosts are much appreciated.

Biggest win of all though is the server hamsters have kept on running this time.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did the side nodes get harder? I still passed all on round one, but they were in mid to upper 100s for me. I thought round 1 was lower double digits last time.
  • Very very happy with these changes. Thanks for listening to your customers - even the minor crit boost item shows people were heard. My non-forum-reading alliance and RL friends have been briefed - it's on!

IceIX, do you think it would be possible for a Cyclops(any) required node for this event? Or is that pretty much locked at this point?
  • I'm happy. A big improvement!

Also gleeful that the first token received from this event garnered me 2900hp. Woooo

That's not fair. You got something not available on my list. Must be a secret conspiracy vault. Rage quit!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Did the side nodes get harder? I still passed all on round one, but they were in mid to upper 100s for me. I thought round 1 was lower double digits last time.
    IceIX stated earlier in the thread that they scale to your roster this first time through, then should stay constant as progressive scaling is turned off.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Scaling for the earlier rounds in run 1 got borked for the earlier rounds due to the server issues, so they were lower for those that started early on. Once the servers were running correctly and scaling was running properly, they went up to normal (for run 1).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    IceIX stated earlier in the thread that they scale to your roster this first time through, then should stay constant as progressive scaling is turned off.

Ah ok, must have missed that. Thanks!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    deiXide wrote:

IceIX, do you think it would be possible for a Cyclops(any) required node for this event? Or is that pretty much locked at this point?

Of course not. After all, requiring a character which only a small percentage of their player base has is FUN!
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    deiXide wrote:

Of course not. After all, requiring a character which only a small percentage of their player base has is FUN!

I'm more a bit surprised it's still cyclops 4* as the essential when Mr. Fantastic was the 1-2 reward in Simulator.
  • THANK YOU! This is already more fun. Much appreciated.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for this! Any issues like 40 ISO are a quibble to me. It looks like even my 2* alliance members will enjoy, based on the current experience.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    I'm happy. A big improvement!

Also gleeful that the first token received from this event garnered me 2900hp. Woooo

That's not fair. You got something not available on my list. Must be a secret conspiracy vault. Rage quit!

Err... Might wanna double check the anniversary token prize list again.

Edit: also, used those HP to get some galactus pulls and got redflag.png Red Hulk and blueflag.png 4* Cyclops. icon_eek.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Requiring Cyclops classic after the Galaktus round 1 fiasco is really a low blow on your part. So one less round I can play every refresh, I can almost forget about getting the legendary, so thank you very much!

Ps: And I used the HP I bought in the sale to buy a 10-pack, and of course I got absolutely nothing. I have just pulled 1 RR in the whole **** anniversary (after opening 3 10 pack, anniversary, cyclops, cyclops&hulk), even the legendary for DDQ, and the PvE gave me two 4s I have maxed. I am tired of always pulling 2s and 3s, and the rare time I pull a 4 in a token I pull a 4 I have already maxed. I guess I should stop playing and go and spend my money in a more rewarding game.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I played through on Round 4. It was fun! Congratulations to d3 for turning this into a fun event!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was very negative about run 1 but I give a lot of credit for you listening

If you throw in another sale I'll even go so far as to spend my own money on some HP. The state of Anniversary tokens at launch and run one kept my wallet closed but I'd open it now - just a shame you couldn't have started like this.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad that all the feedback was heard and all the changes that were implemented were positive. Glad that you guys followed thru with trying to make this anniversary better. Not sure if it's best yet, but Galactus Hungers 2 being fun is a big step towards getting there. Thanks again IceIX, as well as D3 and Demiurge for making positive changes that are resulting in MORE fun.

Might be more fitting here, than in the Duplicate Characters thread. Glad I won't have to solely rely on one strategy to get through the later rounds, but it's nice that it's still a viable option for me.
    sligr.jpg

avengers-hulk-smashing-loki.gif

slj5u.jpg

avengers-hulk-smashing-loki.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Iceman in Hunger2 token!
  • Skorche
    Skorche Posts: 47
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Why Can't We Use Cyclops Uncanny X-men on the cyclops essential node you have always let us use variants. We can on captain. Americans node.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    No Iceman in Hunger2 token!

They said he won't be added til start of Season 20