On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)

Options

Comments

• LegendReborn
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    You're supposed to lose. Every time you do, you're still chipping away at his life. It's an exercise in damage in aggregate. Over the 3.5 days, hitting him over and over to finally bring down the big bad is somewhat slow, but certainly effective.
    Effective in terms of what?? Clearing all the progression rewards is plainly impossible. If you're telling us we're supposed to lose, what is a legendary doing at 1.25mil? You need to be winning to score that much, but you just told us we're not supposed to be winning. Is this just another entry to file under "demiurge sucks at basic math"?

To be fair, in their mind 2 turns is the same thing as 3 turns. And they totally tested rounds 5 and on. I'm sure there were loads of people at the office able to hit the legendary token progression rewards.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm having trouble even beating the essential pins to unlock Galactus now. ****? But that's part of the fun, right?

Oy.
  • I am not one to come on forums often, in fact if I ever do it's to grow our team, brining in new blood for End Game.

This Galactus event is a joke... Biggest money grab I've ever witnessed by D3. Since D3 changed to D3 Go... It's all been downhill... One money grab after another...

This anniversary event was one of the only aspects of the game that has kept me motivated. I brought members out of retirement hoping these events would reinvigorate them. I thought tokens and rewards would be rewarding, as they were 1 year ago... Instead we get a slap in the face with sub par draw rates, next to impossible missions, and a sale on hp and iso, brining it back to the cost it was before you jacked the prices... Thats NOT a sale.... It's a big middle finger.

You've made me look like a dbag for nagging our vets out of retirement and our young players lose faith in me for conniving them an investment in hp was worth it. I've told them to ask for a refund, and recommended they look for a new game. This game has lost it's luster. The only thing saving it from total demise is the sense of community, and so many people were all ready prepared to throw in the perverbial towel, congrats on making the decision easy for them to do just that.

I'm done my rant, not personal against you iceX, I hope you have enough power there to do something about this mess before its officially too late...
  • wesley
    wesley Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh boy do I love the feeling of occasionally winning with an extremely lucky board.

Then getting 40 iso as a reward.

Happy anniversary...
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You expected us as of Round 6 to die after 3 rounds.

Really? That's your story (or the one you've been fed) and the one you're sticking to?

ROUND.

THREE

Say it again with a straight face.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey guys but you get a legendary token when you buy 40 over priced anniversary tokens!

Maybe you'll get one singular cover of old man logan who will ALSO die in 3 turns! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    So suddenly getting rocked by Galactus is a shock. Keep at it.
    Yeah, we're bound to hit the nail once in a while...

hammer-hits-thumb.jpg
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I've already given up on this event. I'm playing a bit of vortex as the pvp anniversary rewards aren't too bad (even if vortex is an event we've had dozens of times before)

As far as galactus it's an absolute mess. I'm not a super long term vet, but i've been playing for just under a year now and have loved the game throughout.

That said, i'm probably the least 'into' the game since i've started playing. The 5 star introduction was a bad call imo, and the choices for 4 and 5 stars in recent months have been poor. Now things have been made worse by an event that once again gives the overwhelming feeling that you don't playtest anything ever.

The event concept was awesome. The huge hype and buildup had me excited. The execution has been a massive letdown and so shortly after the 5* releases i think the game is on incredibly thin ice with a lot of long term players.

The most frustrating thing for me is that you could have had the event exactly as you described with quite simple tweaks, but clearly the thought/testing never went into it.

In my humble opinion this is all that would be required to make the event/anniversary a winner for the playerbase:

Make galactus much slower, give us countdown tiles that we can actually do something about and have him gain a few ap each absorb rather than loads. Give him tons more health to compensate. Make it so that if we lose, we lose an epic battle rather than a 3 turn swatting that we can do nothing about other than pray for a good board or exploit the game. Boost all characters for the event rather than some, to make all teams viable and let people pick from their whole roster.

Finally, for the love of gambit make the rewards better. Defeating the most powerful character to ever feature in the game and winning a crit boost as a result is utterly insane. The measly points and miniscule iso offered by the minion nodes also make players not want to bother. Then, after all this we have tokens that have terrible rates and just give us trash to sell on most occasions. I've had 10 tokens and doctor octopus was the only non 2* i've gotten. For the amount of hype the event has had i was hoping/expecting to see something much, much better.

I don't expect anything to happen to fix this event now but i can only hope you look throught the forums and listen to your players before it's too late.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the initial information release for the Galactus event, the description for his black ability stated that it took effect at the start of his turn if he had the recquired ap. I was curious as to why this was changed.

A number of my losses came with him having 2k or less hp with an ability ready to go. I am sure I am not the only one hurt by the loss of that one turn.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    No one goes into doing anything expecting to lose and be happy about it.

Devs, you have screwed up again.
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    They aren't overpriced! They are the only way to get Devil Dino and he's like a rare commodity. Or something. They had to increase the 2* drop rates and reduce the 4* and 3* drop rates to fit such a great prize in. Remember, the anniversary tokens have decreased rates because "the difference between this year and last is that we are handing out a LOT more Anniversary tokens when you play."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQu ... re/cvsy3g3

Sure, there are no lightning rounds and they are stingy as all hell with the galactus tokens but that's only because they want to shower us with the anniversary tokens while massively reducing our access to them.
  • 21875102899_4647b01934_c.jpg

What the **** is this?!

395 Gorgon. Are you kidding? I'm still in Round 4 and my alliance is struggling. I guess we're supposed to lose the goon nodes too?

Icing on the cake, icing on the cake....
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok. I blocked my card and waiting for my purchased HP refund. Thank god i didn't spend them and apple didn't grab money immidiately.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, I like this game. It's the first FTP that I've actually been willing to spend cash on.

And a LOT of people like this game, if the posts leading up to this one are any indication. Loads of people were throwing up all kinds of theories - maybe there's a bug. Maybe the horrific token odds are a typo. Maybe Galactus's abilities change in later rounds so he's more of a fight and less of a poorly-designed slot machine.

You had a really great opportunity here. I think you could've said anything as long as you acknowledged that this event was poorly designed, and people would've generally responded with "well, that's cool man, thanks for responding and could you maybe make the second run slightly less bad." Anything at all.

Instead, the response pretty much feels like "FU noobs, stop whining." It came off like when a celebrity gets caught plagiarizing or being aggressively racist and their response is to hop on Twitter and blast out a weak non-apology. "Sorry for being TOO AWESOME, PEASANTS. LOL."

I could buy the claim that you're supposed to lose if anything at all had been done to blunt the misery of consistently burning health packs every time you fight the boss after the first few rounds.
    mjh wrote:
    here's an idea. If Galactus downs your team, those characters remain at the health they started the match with. That way it's not such a big healthpack.png suck.

That right there would've made it perfectly fine. Or let us use a team of 3 random loaner characters every time we fight him, which both solves the problem and forces us to use different strategies each time. Hell, make a bunch of health packs one of the rewards on the villain nodes. There's a dozen ways that one tiny change would've made this fight fair, thematic, and enjoyable while still being extremely tough, but it seems like the team got together and specifically avoided doing any of them. And the anniversary tokens are demonstrably worse than normal heroic tokens while being significantly more expensive (except the single daily), which honestly is just baffling. That is why people are pissed, not because "losing to Galactus is a shock."

Look, I know that no matter what you do, people will complain about it because gamers are notoriously entitled. And I know that you personally are probably not responsible for most or any of this nonsense. I'm also not going to make dramatic empty threats to boycott or uninstall or whatever, because I know that in a week the game will be back to its normal self, which for whatever flaws it has, is pretty fun.

I just think all people wanted was something resembling a shred of acknowledgement, and they didn't get it, which is really disappointing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Guys come on! IceIX came on the forums on a Friday night to give us some information. Him and the rest of the devs are usually out at the clubs popping bottles and hanging with all the pretty ladies but instead he stayed home address this.

What..? You don't believe me? Yeah me neither icon_lol.gif

I don't need to put my 2 cents, every one has stated everything I needed and wanted to say already. This is the worst birthday ever!
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Hey guys but you get a legendary token when you buy 40 over priced anniversary tokens!

Maybe you'll get one singular cover of old man logan who will ALSO die in 3 turns! icon_rolleyes.gif

Uhm, that's what I did.... Except, I got Silver Surfer who dies in 2 turns! Yay! NOT....

I like how IF gets called out about punching Galactus in the toe as a three star but shares the same fate as a 1* Jugs or a 5* Silver Surfer.
  • Auk
    Auk Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Best part is Ice making that post, grabbing his coat & hat, and taking off for the weekend.

Reply to any valid criticisms? Nah! Only hear what he wants to hear.
  • Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm an old guy, been playing more than 400 days. Good times, bad times (great song) I've seen them in this game. I'll keep playing because the fundemental idea is fun, and my alliance is awesome people. We chat, we complain, we laugh.

What kills me is the disapointment on my son's face when he got home from school yesterday. He's been playing for 100 days. He was so completely excited for Galactus and the anniversary. He loves Marvel. He loves the comics. He loves the movies. He gets his friends to play MPQ. He is 10. His friends are 10. Galactus was exciting, the slow reveal got him fired up. By the time he got home his alliance had gotten to round 3. By then galactus was to strong for his 2* roster and galactus destroyed him. He only had 2 of the required characters, so he got to be destroyed twice and then he was locked out. All he wanted to do was beat Galactus and he didn't get that chance. He missed the refresh point because he was doing homework and then went to bed. Then he missed the second refresh because he was asleep. He is playing Minecraft right now. 2 days ago he was playing mpq.

He'll probably play again. He will have fun again playing. He and i will talk builds and strategy.

He'll even forget his dissapointment, but I know I won't. You blew it D3.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

You keep using the world relative but I wonder if you know what it means

My alliance just opened the 4th level. I've just checked the minions levels and my captain Marvel node propose me a survival session ranging from 110 to 395. My roster is currently capped at 140 !

395, First time I've seen this number on my screen, happy anniversary I guess.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    o7qb5y.jpg

so we are suppose to lose, so every Galactus node opening, then we should lose 5 times per 3 character cause we used the best team we have. that is 15 health packs. -10 were supposed to let regenerate. that is still a deficit of 5 health packs were supposed to buy. and using boosts just to be able to use a power maybe once. and somehow still be able to play pvp even though we are letting health packs recharge; more we have to buy to compete. so how is this even not supposedly not a hero point grab? like "True Healing" wasn't supposedly not a money grab. yeah i'm a guy who won't let "true healing" die.

then give us unlimited health packs and boosts during anniversary, if we are suppose to lose to Galactus and still be able to play other aspect of the game.

but i guess this is not a money grab.

"this too shall pass"

"'and for the money"