On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)

Options

Comments

• ^ what he said.

If this is "working as intended" you guys are so far out of the realm of caring about your players its hard to imagine you see us as anything but dollars.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm the least hyperbolic poster on the forums. Probably in the entire world.

Well. Played. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    The problem is the your chances of winning are determined by the initial board state. If you get a decent board, you may squeak out a win. If all of Galactus' tiles hide in corners, GG.

This.

And, I have it on good authority that many are force-quitting until they get a decent starting board, which may explain some of their progression.

That's a pretty lame game mechanic.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    Thanks but no thanks.

As far as I'm concerned a puzzle quest challenge means I have to think, not be lucky. Who would have thought OBW would be good in that setting you say, I for one and I'm both pretty sure I'm not the only one and very suprised to see that actually suprising someone working on the game (I really hope your sentence was for effect). However she's of no use if you can't fire her abilities within the first four rounds which requires a very very friendly board to begin with.

Whoever designed this put a little too much emphasis on Galactus characterization to the point of forgetting the point of a match 3 game.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^ what he said.

If this is "working as intended" you guys are so far out of the realm of caring about your players its hard to imagine you see us as anything but dollars.

they care so much they came on for what 30 seconds to post a few thing and now we wont hear a peep out of any of them until monday or later.. I really hope everyone remembers this they next time they think about buying anything from their store
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    So what I've gathered from this is they expect us to waste our hp buying health packs because we're sheep who can't stand to miss an event...well played d3...well played
    And honestly what did we expect besides the standard "working as expected" **** we're used to. As long as people keep lining their pockets d3 will keep pumping out stupid **** to the masses under the guise of "intention"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good job changing all his ability descriptions

Once again, SW: action doesn't match description, fix action
    Ultron bots: action doesn't match description, change description,
    Galactus: Action doesn't match description, change description

Thanks
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ice,

Just some more feedback. Thank you for your post! But, listen: It's not fun to lose. And churn up health packs. That's the only thing that matters.

Your logic makes complete sense, but how does the fight FEEL?

Miserable. That's how. Not fun.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The more I think about this, the more I'm sure it's complete ****.

Can't wait for this "fun" to be over.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sorry ICE, but your post com off purely as "spin". I loved this game since its release, but what's happening now is unacceptable. Your company has shown it has ZERO skills in customer service, and simply can't cop to screwing the pooch. You and your colleagues have lost my respect and free promotion (man, at least ten of my friends play because of me...which now I regret). Customers who ENJOY the product are apt to spend more than those who get their nuts handed to them each game; I don't need to look over your in-game data to say that with confidence.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    Could you comment on the countdown tiles in the boss event? They drop as 3-turn tiles but go down to 2- turn tiles immediately. No other countdown tiles work this way. Is this an intended mechanic?
    Hmm? The description for the Countdown tiles list them as 3 2-turn Countdown tiles. Maybe getting tripped up by the adjacent numbers in the description?

The CD tiles would drop on his turn and decrease by 1 on the same turn (which is contrary to every other CD in the game) effectively making them 1 less turn than what was stated in the description. This has been talked about many places. It is not the description that is the issue, it is the specific mechanics of the proc'ing of his CD tiles that is the concern.

While on the subject of Galactus, I also have an issue with him triggering his wrath on the same turn he accumulates enough ap. There were one or two instances where I had him, but he triggered his wrath before I could finish him off.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lore wise, yes it makes sense.

But this is a game. And dying in three turns is not fun. Doing like.. 1k damage is not helping my alliance. I feel worthless. A lot of my team does. We did well on the first rounds quickly because we could actually do more than 1k damage to him. Now on round 6 we need to do 3million damage and most of us are doing 20k damage every 8 hours. It's just.. not fair.
    We don't play a game to be murdered in three turns and forced to use 3 health packs. That's why everyone is saying about exploits in saving health packs. It's just not fun.
    In theory, your design is good.. but it's not for a game. Playing a game you know you're going to be killed in a few turns unless you get stupidly lucky? Where's the fun in that, man.

Just please reconsider the difficulty. I struggled my way through round 5 to earn a token after beating Galactus once and got a 2* as well. It's like, literally the most frustrating thing I've ever done on this game. There's no reward. And not knowing if we'll even get 4* Cyc at the end of it all is heartbreaking. And knowing we have to face it all again for Red Hulk is even more devastating.
    We're playing a game we don't want to play because we're forced by alliance responsibility. That isn't fun. That's a chore.
  • Rhycar wrote:
    For crying out loud. ICE, I hope you and your team realize that a lot of the furor could have been cut off instantly if your OP would have been released BEFORE the event. Minus the part about the servers (well, maybe not). "You're supposed to die" and "the nodes will not reset" would have been amazingly effective pieces of communication. I can't understand why you guys would rather communicate with us AFTER you've upset everyone rather than BEFORE.

Eh, you say that, but then we'd get another 4* DDQ issue, where after many mentions of it being "Ouch hard" people were STILL mad at it being way harder then they expected.

You can't cushion this sort of difficulty. And you'll never be able to keep up with the hype train with a challenge.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    Flare808 wrote:
    The problem is the your chances of winning are determined by the initial board state. If you get a decent board, you may squeak out a win. If all of Galactus' tiles hide in corners, GG.

This.

And, I have it on good authority that many are force-quitting until they get a decent starting board, which may explain some of their progression.

That's a pretty lame game mechanic.

Yes I have been advised to do this too. This is what the top alliances are doing to beat the event. As usual circumventing the game mechanics by artificial means is what wins the day.
  • skippytx
    Options
    I can't believe you guys actually purposely designed the gaming experience equivalent of slamming your hand in a car door over and over and over, and then come here and tell people you did it on purpose.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    spccrain wrote:
    So what I've gathered from this is they expect us to waste our hp buying health packs because we're sheep who can't stand to miss an event...well played d3...well played
    And honestly what did we expect besides the standard "working as expected" tinykitty we're used to. As long as people keep lining their pockets d3 will keep pumping out stupid tinykitty to the masses under the guise of "intention"

Personally, I don't mind buying heals if it would HELP us against Galactus. Afraid not. His tiles are placed in spots that are out of reach on the board, and he can accumulate 30 ap and trigger his wrath in the same turn. Not fun at all. icon_cry.gif

If the "regular" playerbase can't even reach round 6, can't expect them to buy slots for cyclops covers that they won't be getting.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You know advice wise?

It would have been wiser to just admit that you guys didn't playtest the event or had a different vision of galactus event the more I marinate on this lol.

You're losing good job, those of you who are force closing the game are doing it right.
    When you lose from the random board we left you 8 hours to think on your mistakes of partaking in this event.

Not to even delve into the shift in anniversary odds with roughly 8 times the 4 stars as last year.
    or the 1,250,000 goal with 20 member alliances and a boss with 5,900,000 total health.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish you'd stop being so good to me, Captain

Cool Hand Luke
  • So, yeah.

Here's the problem, Ice... all along we were told that this would be like Ultron, that you learned from Ultron, that this would be better than the first runs of Ultron! Now this post, which is basically, "this ain't Ultron!" Wait, what? That's not what you've been talking about for the last two weeks. You gave us the expectation of an Ultron-like event. How did it not occur to anyone to post this beforehand?

"By the way folks, this will be an experience like no other you've had in MPQ. Expect Galactus to swat you like flies. He is a force of nature and you are... ants. Do your best and we will continuously monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed."

Secondly, the problem with this experience is not that it is difficult, it's that it's essentially an exercise in the whims of random chance. The board has to fall perfectly from jump or you can do essentially nothing. There's no feeling when you come out of a fight like, "I did the best I could, but he's just too powerful." The feeling is, "There is not a damn thing I could do and there is no reason to believe that there is anything I can do except pray."

That makes for a miserable experience. It feels like you have zero control over the outcome in any way.
  • This fight has nothing to do with lore or the character

ICEs post is pure spin. Thank him if you must, but I won't be. Face saving nonsense because its too late to do anything about it

NO ONE is having fun with this ICEx, I dare you to comment on that. Every single player here hates this. Every one of us 100%

Smart to mention we get tokens but avoid the complaints about them being garbage.

We know you are reading. He is not our friend, just another employee who gets paid to take our money.

Im sure you're a nice guy but your post is garbage. This event is garbage. Come out and be honest, thats a challenge