On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)

Options

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This too shall pass, my friends.

This too shall pass.
  • Ohh nice, I see you pulled out the ol' blame it on the victims icon_e_wink.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

Level 395 Gorgon doing 7500 damage with Debilitating slash (after 8 Teisatsu drain your HP like crazy) is a minor hazard?
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.

My alliance is just finishing up round 4. (We're not exclusive or anything, happy to have a few brand-new players on our roster.) I'm probably our most successful so-far, and am winning about 1/3 of my G battles. I see no chance of us getting to one of the later, big-prize rounds...but maybe we can still get some good rewards for playing. Or can we?

I've beaten him 10 times this round and have earned:
    -Crit boost
    -One ISO prize
    -40 ISO *times 8*

I know we're not supposed to compare too much to Ultron, but I averaged *25* tokens per Ultron event thanks to all the sub-node ones, and real chances of beating Ultron to get them off him. TWENTY-FIVE! And Ultron tokens were awesome! Our alliance couldn't earn Hulkbuster from the progression, but I (and others) got him anyway thanks to there being real, legitimate rewards for winning battles.

It's one thing to go in expecting to lose (Now we know that. Thanks Ice, I guess.). But if you beat him there should be ZERO chance of 40 ISO. HP, real tokens, something of real value! If you're *supposed to lose*, then winning should feel like hitting the lottery! (Which, as has been previously pointed out, it essentially is.)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm an old guy, been playing more than 400 days. Good times, bad times (great song) I've seen them in this game. I'll keep playing because the fundemental idea is fun, and my alliance is awesome people. We chat, we complain, we laugh.

What kills me is the disapointment on my son's face when he got home from school yesterday. He's been playing for 100 days. He was so completely excited for Galactus and the anniversary. He loves Marvel. He loves the comics. He loves the movies. He gets his friends to play MPQ. He is 10. His friends are 10. Galactus was exciting, the slow reveal got him fired up. By the time he got home his alliance had gotten to round 3. By then galactus was to strong for his 2* roster and galactus destroyed him. He only had 2 of the required characters, so he got to be destroyed twice and then he was locked out. All he wanted to do was beat Galactus and he didn't get that chance. He missed the refresh point because he was doing homework and then went to bed. Then he missed the second refresh because he was asleep. He is playing Minecraft right now. 2 days ago he was playing mpq.

He'll probably play again. He will have fun again playing. He and i will talk builds and strategy.

He'll even forget his dissapointment, but I know I won't. You blew it D3.

Take a look at this story D3. You have said the majority of your player base is 2-3*. That means a ton of people will be tapping out in round 4-5. My alliance got to round 4 before I was able to unlock after the first round. That means a majority of your player base will be done with this even today, and it is only 1/2 way done. Why because they are out of health packs, and their roster can't take down tha much health of Galactus in 3-4 turns. You have decided to make this a deadly event for all, and by doing that you have made a impossible event for the majority and a coin flip event for the rest of us.
    To quote my wife who has a good not great 3* roster. "Make the bad man STOP!!"
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magisse wrote:
    Wow. Just wow.

My alliance is just finishing up round 4. (We're not exclusive or anything, happy to have a few brand-new players on our roster.) I'm probably our most successful so-far, and am winning about 1/3 of my G battles. I see no chance of us getting to once of the later, big-prize rounds...but maybe we can still get some good rewards for playing.

I've beaten him 10 times this round and have earned:
    -Crit boost
    -One ISO prize
    -40 ISO *times 8*

I know we're not supposed to compare too much to Ultron, but I averaged *25* tokens per Ultron event thanks to all the sub-node ones, and real chances of beating Ultron to get them off him. TWENTY-FIVE! And Ultron tokens were awesome! Our alliance couldn't earn Hulkbuster from the progression, but I (and others) got him anyway thanks to there being real, legitimate rewards for winning battles.

It's one thing to go in expecting to lose (Now we know that. Thanks Ice, I guess.). But if you beat him there should be ZERO chance of 40 ISO. HP, real tokens, something of real value! If you're *supposed to lose*, then winning should feel like hitting the lottery! (Which, as has been previously pointed out, it essentially is.)

Don't worry you're not missing out on anything.. out of the 10 Galactus tokens I acquired, I only pulled 1 gold Falcon.. last year I was pulling golds left and right to the point I didn't have the roster slots for them all. It's such a shame that they treated this event as just a normal week instead of a true anniversary like last year.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Hey all,

To start, it seems like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here

When the forum response is this overwhelmingly negative to all aspects of the Anniversary event the disconnect isn't with the players.

Sadly this. Earlier in the thread someone asked what was up with the poorer rewards and IceIX answer made it look as though he had no idea what the guy was talking about even though it has been one of the major causes of discontent in the forums.

Also, I could live with a boss so powerful that basically requires me to lose most of the times (starting with round 4) while I slowly progress... if I wasn't mocked by progression rewards that I know I won't be able to attain. This from someone who did really well in both initial Ultron runs. I'm surprised that no one has spelled this out but the fact that Galactus's abilities scale in difficulty (up to 48 AP in turn 3 by round 6! How ridiculous will round 8 be?) in addition to HP and damage mean that each round, while we are expected to deal more damage (to his ever-increasing HP) we're actually going to be dealing less and less. How much damage do you think we can pack in three-four turns even with the strongest team? So while in round 4 I was reliably getting all the possible 16k points per match or close, in round 5 I'm actually going to be getting much less than that (instead of the possible 20k) due to the accelerated rate of Galactus going off and the greatly decreased chances of victory. By round 6 I cannot possibly presume I'll be getting more than an average of 5k points per match. See a problem there?

If you simply raised Galactus's HP and damage each stage, we will still lose a lot, and more frequently in the later stages, but at least we'd be able to keep a reliable stream of points coming that would keep up the flame of hope of reaching the end. As it is, only the dread of an increasingly less profitable slog through the rest of the event remains.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know my voice here is just another drop in the bucket, but the only reason my alliance is keeping at it is in the hopes that we'll get compensated like we did with the first set of Ultron runs. You know, giving everyone the next prize in the list.

Have you ever played a game where you're thrown into a fight where you're intended to lose? Some games, it is difficult to tell the difference between hard and scripted to lose. You spend your precious/rare recovery items because it's been a long time since you saw your last save point, only to find out you've wasted the last 5 minutes fighting against a battle you can't win. This is not fun and never will be fun.

Also, I am insulted that you couldn't have at least abolished the 20 AP, excuse me, 40 AP reward on Galactus. I only managed to get 2 victories against him all day, nearly spent all of my AP boosts, and 40 AP is what I get?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK if you're going to feed us this line of **** that winning a round is supposed to be this massive achievement, could you remove the 40 iso8.png garbage? If i beat him with rewards on the table I WANT THEM!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah i'm a guy who won't let "true healing" die.

I assure you you are not alone, is why I keep my OBW at 5 blue covers on the vain hope they realise they were wrong.
  • misterx112
    misterx112 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This event is really terrible, not fun at all. I've been playing for close to 600days now and the worst part of this is many of the older alliance mates that have went casual were coming out of "retirement" for this. And maybe start playing full time again. This event has broken that spirit and reinforced the reason they left.

Its a good thing that this game is Marvel based with many cool superheroes that many of us love. Because if you were to take away Marvel/superheroes no one would play this game within a week.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple.

Just got murdered by a lvl395 Gorgon. Not so simple and I can't even replay it cause I have NO HEALTHPACKS!
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    And if the difficulty is correct, any reason the rewards are, what they are?
    Care to expand on that? The rewards are 3 4* covers, quite a few tokens through both progressions and nodes, and various other smaller rewards. It's pretty on for a boss battle in comparison to prior rewards, plus the Legendary token which wasn't there before.

The legendary and even the human torch are far out of reach of most.

My alliance is on round 5.
    Galactus has 20,320 HP if you get that far.

The legendary is at 1,250,000.
    Human torch 3 star at 900,000

Round 8 finishes at 5,900,000.
    A single health pack and 50 Hp are part of the reward structure.

if this were any event sure. I thought this was more an anniversary aligned event with more enticing awards then usual. Am I mistaken?

A handful at most in most alliances will reach these goals.
    Even the 3 star will be out of reach of most people (count me in the party that needs it)
    People with the 'winfinite' team featuring the best characters in game are barely seeing consistent wins, so those later rewards won't benefit many, if any.
    I'm number 1 in my alliance at the moment, just entered round 7. I have just over 500,000 points. It's looking impossible to get to 1,125,000 in two rounds, and pretty unlikely to get to 900,000 either. So it's not just 3* land that's looking bleak.

I'm not having a freak out like much of the forum though. Like in Ultron 2, if virtually nobody gets to the end, I think there will be compensation. And if not, we're still on equal ground. Nobody has an advantage with Cyclops.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

Level 395 Gorgon doing 7500 damage with Debilitating slash (after 8 Teisatsu drain your HP like crazy) is a minor hazard?

Thought I'd try that node to see how I would do (no health packs left and time for bed anyway). Beating the Teisatsu was doable, but then facing a overscaled Gorgon with 30 red AP was not doable in any way. So anyone trying this: bring a stun along!

That's it, done for today... might not play this event tomorrow.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    o7qb5y.jpg

so we are suppose to lose, so every Galactus node opening, then we should lose 5 times per 3 character cause we used the best team we have. that is 15 health packs. -10 were supposed to let regenerate. that is still a deficit of 5 health packs were supposed to buy. and using boosts just to be able to use a power maybe once. and somehow still be able to play pvp even though we are letting health packs recharge; more we have to buy to compete. so how is this even not supposedly not a hero point grab? like "True Healing" wasn't supposedly not a money grab. yeah i'm a guy who won't let "true healing" die.

then give us unlimited health packs and boosts during anniversary, if we are suppose to lose to Galactus and still be able to play other aspect of the game.

but i guess this is not a money grab.

"this too shall pass"

"'and for the money"

bumping to latest page
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Average day at the office:
    5b926bdb48ae5b4b3b63a4d706f873e71a555d0f61b0eb9fb615c1dfc7487519.jpg
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's such a shame that they treated this event as just a normal week instead of a true anniversary like last year.

I think the issue is they've tried to be too smart by half and done a sort of combination of the two.

I think the intent was reasonable and full credit to them for trying something new and updated but again... again... the execution misses the target.

In most circumstances trying something different should be celebrated, but they almost could not have picked a worse timing of the game for something to go wrong.

This is a hugely risk averse organisation - which is mostly why we never see anything past new character, new character, selective balance, repeat, etc. - it's safe. While the game is fine, the execution and presentation of the execution of anything that is outside of the usual, continually lets them down.

They are massively lucky they have the Marvel IP to continually fall back on and attract new players with.
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been playing this game since August 2014, first time posting on these forums since I started lurking sometime during the last Anniversary event. I've seen plenty of outrage/overreaction over some questionable decisions by the developers (Flood of 4*s into the game, X-Force & Thoress nerfs, server outages during the Ultron events, etc.) but I don't think I've seen a (justly deserved) backlash quite like this. All the frustrations my alliance and I have with this event have already been expressed on the previous 6 pages of this thread so I really can't add anything at this point. But I will say this, if this nightmare is what you intended for Galactus Hungers please spare us the horror you may have up your sleeves for an Infinity Gauntlet Thanos event.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Thought I'd try that node to see how I would do (no health packs left and time for bed anyway). Beating the Teisatsu was doable, but then facing a overscaled Gorgon with 30 red AP was not doable in any way. So anyone trying this: bring a stun along!

That's it, done for today... might not play this event tomorrow.
    I wiped that first time around, I used Patch against Teisatsu, which is the exact wrong move. Second round, Luke Cage and a solid JG. I banked up yellow and black, and took out Gorgon in 3-4 turns, using Cage black to stun him each turn. Not a single Debilitating Slash.

Question is, since when would Galactus work with ninjas?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    Ok. I blocked my card and waiting for my purchased HP refund. Thank god i didn't spend them and apple didn't grab money immidiately.

Apple is a fair company. They have a good refund policy.