Options

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

Level 395 Gorgon doing 7500 damage with Debilitating slash (after 8 Teisatsu drain your HP like crazy) is a minor hazard?

Thought I'd try that node to see how I would do (no health packs left and time for bed anyway). Beating the Teisatsu was doable, but then facing a overscaled Gorgon with 30 red AP was not doable in any way. So anyone trying this: bring a stun along!

That's it, done for today... might not play this event tomorrow.

I found Psylocke/KK to be my winning strategy for this, but it drained my health packs so badly I can't even play in Vortex like Ice so nicely suggested we do during Galactus downtime. GJ D3.
  • I personally am perplexed as to why this post is in the positive.
    He knows they dun goofed but all he does is absolve himself of any blame and push it onto the players.

Apparently the average player is supposed to boost all and use obscure cheese combos for asspull victories.

Think of this post the next time they nerf a winfinite.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So about tha captain marvel survival node with the 20k+ health goon win dabilitating slash? How was that node not meant to make you use 3 health packs if you didn't know what was coming? I thought Galactus was a cheep shot this is just cruel with all the health packs Galactus eats up.
  • LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Another terrible design choice with the Galactus event: EVERY PVE after the introduction of legendary tokens has put them at a reasonable target. You haven't had to be perfect players, hit every refresh or grind nodes down perfectly to reach the legendary token. However, for some reason during the **anniversary PVE event**, ya know the time we're supposed to be celebrating the birthday of the game, it's nearly impossible for people to hit the token.

Why are you more stingy with rewards during your anniversary than you are normally? What happened over the past year that turned a pretty expensive f2p game into scrooge McDuck fantasy land?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    o7qb5y.jpg

so we are suppose to lose, so every Galactus node opening, then we should lose 5 times per 3 character cause we used the best team we have. that is 15 health packs. -10 were supposed to let regenerate. that is still a deficit of 5 health packs were supposed to buy. and using boosts just to be able to use a power maybe once. and somehow still be able to play pvp even though we are letting health packs recharge; more we have to buy to compete. so how is this even not supposedly not a hero point grab? like "True Healing" wasn't supposedly not a money grab. yeah i'm a guy who won't let "true healing" die.

then give us unlimited health packs and boosts during anniversary, if we are suppose to lose to Galactus and still be able to play other aspect of the game.

but i guess this is not a money grab.

"this too shall pass"

"'and for the money"

bumping to latest page
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This yqUoEVR.png?1 should not reward this f89oV8M.png?1 while this Fo1QaK0.jpg?1
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    answering that the difficulty is so much more difficult to respect the hierarchy of power and styatus JUST AFTER RELEASING a 5star old logan is really the **** excuse ever !

I really thougt the lack of answer from devs for more than a day was the worse but it wa actually still better if the answer basically is "bwahaha, FU players !",

or "To start, it seems like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here, thinking youre here to play and have fun. Youre hre to buy healthpacks and throw loads of money to us!
  • I don't doubt you guys tested this.

When he needed 30 AP for CW, didn't destroy all tiles, only generated black ap, and only generated 1AP to start per cosmic tile.

You changed the rules within 24 hours of the event going live because of forum talk, and you then come back to us and tell us "What do you mean 3 turn countdown tiles? You're just misreading your numbers!" Like the entire forum just went into mass delusions.

And then to come on here and tell us "Good Job, you're doing better than expected!!!"

Thanks a whole bunch. Appreciate it.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 2 things to say

1: Well now we know why they removed down voting.

2: I have a few emails to write to Google play.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ice, I have immense respect for you. I've been back to the start of the forums, and you have been unfailingly polite for two years now, in the face of... well, gamers. Whatever you're paid isn't enough. But this? This is ****.
    IceIX wrote:
    To start, it seems like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here, looking at the boss battle similar to how Ultron ran in terms of how things work.

Yes. We were told, repeatedly, to expect something similar. We were never given a heads up that we were, in fact, meant to lose. This 'basic disconnect' comes about due to the information we received, as much as the information we didn't receive. So let's avoid the condescending attitude of 'you're just looking at this wrongly', eh?
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

Relative to... what? Galactus? Yes. You're absolutely right, then. Relative to anything else in the game? No. Level 395 anyone is not a minor hazard.
    IceIX wrote:
    Winning a round against Galactus is an achievement. You're supposed to lose. Every time you do, you're still chipping away at his life. It's an exercise in damage in aggregate. Over the 3.5 days, hitting him over and over to finally bring down the big bad is somewhat slow, but certainly effective.

Lol. Supposed to lose. Awesome. Sadly, this isn't even something that I'm bothered by. Once I realised the purpose of this was to die repeatedly, I made my peace with it. It's the way everything else is designed around that, that sucks. The obscene health pack drain. Locked out for 8 hours. Rewards at 1.25 million. None of this is acceptable if we're meant to lose.
    IceIX wrote:
    That break means that you have plenty of times for Galactus drained Packs to refresh while you can go in and get some Black Vortex in. Or play Simulator (up soon). Or get your Devil Dino on when that starts up.

Play with who? How are you expecting players to play anything else when every A-team, and most definitely getting into B-teams are destroyed, and they're waiting for health packs to refresh? Even if there was someone left over to play with, how long do you think we can play something else? Everyone will be saving their health packs for the next Galactus hit.
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm sure most of you aren't used to going into a battle with the idea that you may well lose.

Nope. Could've alleviated a lot of hassle if you'd just mentioned this some time during the two week lead-up to the event, wouldn't you say?
    IceIX wrote:
    But given that you're still pulling out wins with pretty strong regularity, I don't see any reason this wouldn't continue into Rounds 7 and 8, and on to Cyclops awesomeness.

The reason is this sucks to play, it isn't fun, and people will be quitting in droves. Hell, I've just told my alliance in no uncertain terms to absolutely not spend any real world money on health packs or boosts for this. So the minute they can't keep going, that's it. They're done, and I'm not going to push them even slightly to continue.

EDIT: And seriously, don't use high achieving alliances as a scapegoat for why this is 'working as intended' and everyone is just a bit 'disconnected'. They might be getting results, but if you read anything on here, you'll notice they're also not enjoying it. People who are 'winning' at this event are still not enjoying it. How can you possibly think this is working well?
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Without even useing basic math I can fix this event easy..or atleast make it better then as is. Round 6 should be Round 8. Atleast the experience will be more enjoyable and you guys will still get wipes at round 8. Adjustments would be needed for scaling (score and health) but other then that this is still better.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Square wrote:
    Question is, since when would Galactus work with ninjas?
    Thematically speaking, these minion battles are just a lazy hash of available opponents.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm pretty supportive of what everyone else is saying. This event is not very fun. The minions are pretty easy but Galactus is not interesting at all he is basically kill him in 5 turns or die in those 5 turns you are not going to do much damage to him. I have been using winfinite with prof x and grey suit and have only lost one time to him but its not really fun.

Ultron was interesting. There was the terror of watching those bombs creep to the bottom. With Galactus it is just watching him splode the board then splode you. Perhaps if he did 1 million damage to just one team member he would be more interesting but as it stands he is super boring. The fact that everyone in the alliance is facing the same level Galactus is depressing for them too. A lvl 250 is not that bad to me but I have a very deep roster we have guys in our alliance who cant even dent him.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, what is UP with the minion nodes, anyway? They don't even make sense. "With Earth's heroes busy fighting Galactus, its villains are striking!"

"Hey, that giant dude up there is gonna eat our entire planet! Quick, let's attack the only people who are going to prevent us all from dying horribly!"
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm presuming I have one of the alliances doing better than expected, but they're also saying "this f-ing blows" after every battle.

Comes down to the same basic premise. Every new event we have to play Guess the Rules. Then we're almost mocked for not doing so correctly.

Fix your communication. Stop doing things by press release and start talking like normal people to your players.

Then maybe the 'disconnect' doesn't happen.
  • Yeah, what is UP with the minion nodes, anyway? They don't even make sense. "With Earth's heroes busy fighting Galactus, its villains are striking!"

"Hey, that giant dude up there is gonna eat our entire planet! Quick, let's attack the only people who are going to prevent us all from dying horribly!"

When hope seems lost, people are going to riot.

And bad guys are going to take advantage of that to get some power to keep once everything mellows out, if it does.

And after you kick their butts, they'll (possibly) join you to fight the big guy and get totally owned themselves.

Makes sense as far as I can tell.

(And somebody like Doctor Doom probably has a portal off to another planet or a giant anti-Galactus shield around Latervia or something)
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, what is UP with the minion nodes, anyway? They don't even make sense. "With Earth's heroes busy fighting Galactus, its villains are striking!"

Welcome to video game/movie logic! 'Hey, the entire building is on fire and about to collapse/explode, but let's totally get into a long drawn-out firefight with that guy that's trying to escape, instead of running!'
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    I'm in an alliance that is about to break into Round 7. None of us are happy with the event but we all agreed to go as hard as possible for the alliance and we're likely to do the same in the next run even if they don't attempt to fix this mess of an event.

This doesn't mean that the event is well run.

This doesn't mean that any of us actually enjoyed our time.

This doesn't mean that any of us feel that we are fairly compensated for our effort and resources expended.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I can believe that the players are meant to lose over and over. Considering that's the result here, and someone like me who's been playing for two years and has a deep roster has to use strategies that really ought to be nerfed just to eke out even a chance of winning, clearly you achieved your desired goal.

It's a bad goal.

The designers of this game love to talk about what "story" the matches tell. So let's look at the story this event tells us:

The heroes try to defeat Galactus. They fail. They fail again and again. Eventually, this stops.

That right there? That is a bad story. Try this version on for size:

The heroes try to take on Galactus. They fail. They try harder. They fail again. They look for new solutions. Maybe Mr. Fantastic builds a new machine. Maybe Silver Surfer defects from Galactus to help save the Earth. Maybe the heroes convince the villains to help fight a larger threat together. Against all odds, the heroes win.

I'm neither a writer nor a game designer, but that feel like a better story to me.

And now let's discuss the gameplay of this event... actually, just reread the thread above. It's terrible.

After just one day of this event, I'm tempted to walk away from the game for another six months or more.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    edited October 2015
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    o7qb5y.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha....this needs to be the most up voted thing on these forums.

"Mastering the art of killing you by turn 3."

All the amazing. This is your best work yet Daveomite.