On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)

Options

Comments

• guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    wow icon_eek.gif
    " The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple "

for captain marvel essential, a gorgon 395 wo arrives after 6 or 8 teisatsu and who begins with 30 red ap ???? seriously ?
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    There are better ways to approach the mechanic of "you are meant to lose" because it's Galactus.
    This event just needs a few tweaks and I think it would be interesting yet still crush most of the player base:
    * Instead of generating 3AP, 2AP was plenty.
    * His black should go back to the beta cost of 30AP. This is near negligible, but will help 2% of matches in my guess.
    * Give Galactus more health, so we have a chance of more points.
    In essence, give one more turn so at least one ability can execute.
    This would allow for Scarlet Witch's CD to execute at least once or maybe have 6AP of something.
    Round 5's difficulty had the perfect balance of ****/OMG IMHO. Round 6 becomes dumb.
    If winfinite can get going, it is halted sadly because Galactus only exposes 8400 health.

My alliance is 75% through round 6, so I guess we are close to other top alliances. But even at this rate, there is no chance anyone can complete round 8. Round 7 will be very tricky. Personal progression of 1.25M seems unobtainable too. And this is coming from someone who did clear 4/5 of the last round 6 attempts. Sure, I had brilliant moves, but still needed too much luck. And required +4AP, so you are now draining 40HP on every attempt.

Now I dare to ask: does Galactus get even worse in round 7? Or did it platu in round 6? Any slightest breeze to be more "difficult", spells pure failure of design.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    100% of my top 20 PVE Alliance hates this with a passion.

The last hour I spent reading the previous 9 pages of criticism was more enjoyable than playing the Galactus event.

To be clear, reading the forums is more fun than playing the game.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    And if the difficulty is correct, any reason the rewards are, what they are?
    Care to expand on that? The rewards are 3 4* covers, quite a few tokens through both progressions and nodes, and various other smaller rewards. It's pretty on for a boss battle in comparison to prior rewards, plus the Legendary token which wasn't there before.

I'll expand for you. Yup, you are right. There are 3 4* covers, the same amount of tokens through progressions, and yup, a Legendary token that wasn't there before. It's actually pretty surprising that the previous runs (the link in my sig goes to previous runs of PVE, I like to record history, so I don't repeat mistakes) rewarded so little rewards but we remember getting a lot more. What could account for that? Oh yeah, this; The one thing you're not mentioning that was in the earlier boss battle (Ultron) is the drop rewards. There were event tokens and HP in some of the Essential, and definitely in the Ultron nodes. Refreshing the Essential nodes every 8 hrs meant that you had more chances, every 8 hrs, to earn HP and event tokens by beating Essential nodes and Ultron, EVERY 8 HRS!!! On top of that Ultron was beatable. You had more than 3 or 4 turns to win. You could lose 2 of your 3 characters and go on and still win. Even if you never got HP or an event token from the drop rewards due to horrible luck, you still had that chance. Where is that equivalent in Galactus?

This is the first (of many) post where I'll be using facts from the past and quotes taken in context from you, D3/Demiurge, etc., that counter what you're saying now, from what you've said in the past. I tried for as long as I could, to try to correct mistakes that forum goers made, with quotes/posts from you guys, so that they weren't outraged due to their own misunderstanding. That's when I had faith in D3 and Demiurge. The anniversary / Galactus Hungers, their rollout, your lack of response (at first) and your response have devoured that faith.

EDIT
    The Legendary token will guarantee you a 4*, whereas the multiple event tokens you could win, would not. I will counter that with some Demiurge logic, from kabirh on reddit.

Hey guys, I can see why this is confusing. The difference between this year and last is that we are handing out a LOT more Anniversary tokens when you play. Check the Black Vortex PVP Progression Rewards, we more than doubled the number of tokens you can earn. Odds went down, but you will more than make up for it by playing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Yes, the gameplay is different. I'm sure most of you aren't used to going into a battle with the idea that you may well lose.

Actually most of us are very use to it now.. It's called 4* DDQ
  • metabelian
    Options
    Whub Whubz wrote:
    Hey dude if we are suppose to lose can you think of some interesting game mechanics to make it feel more fun?

Making an "impossible" boss is fine as long as it's done correctly. Marvel: Avengers Alliance had a good system- the boss had such high health and attacks that no player could possibly solo (at least at later rounds). Instead, you bring a good team and strategy and try to take as much of the boss' health before going down. That was fun and felt rewarding even when you (eventually) lose.

This event, however, stinks. Get a good board? You win in a minute or two. Bad board? Lose in under a minute. Might as well flip a coin and tell us if we win or lose.
  • Fight the good fight Lukewin, but if you expect ICEx to pop his head back in here after spewing a topic full of lies, spin and feigning ignorance over the very legitimate complaints of the players, you are sorely mistaken. At least I wouldn't if I made a topic so embarassing as this, insulting the intelligence of the forum player base, the majority of which are working adults
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Options
    I also find this post to ring false. The nodes are not easy. 395 Gorgon is a killer. Round three deaths are not fun. I have played for almost 600 days. I pre purchased $30 of itunes cards for this. And I have not spent them because, simply put, I am not having fun. I actually don't want to play. I want the covers, but playing is not fun.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Options
    I will add, the only reason I am playing still is for the other 19 players in my alliance.
  • The funniest of all this are the circumstances. Galactus is designed to not be beaten. If you can this feat receive a huge reward:. 40 Iso kkkkkkkkkk
  • IceIX wrote:
    Care to expand on that? The rewards are 3 4* covers, quite a few tokens through both progressions and nodes, and various other smaller rewards. It's pretty on for a boss battle in comparison to prior rewards, plus the Legendary token which wasn't there before.

a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.jpg

I, for one, have faith this will all be worked out soon. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Fight the good fight Lukewin, but if you expect ICEx to pop his head back in here after spewing a topic full of lies, spin and feigning ignorance over the very legitimate complaints of the players, you are sorely mistaken. At least I wouldn't if I made a topic so embarassing as this, insulting the intelligence of the forum player base, the majority of which are working adults

And people wonder why he took so long to respond when he's met with responses like this...
  • And people wonder why he took so long to respond when he's met with responses like this...

He made his choice to ignore, save face and lie, and he can live with it. If I'm wrong he can come in and say it, make an honest post and really explain what happened. im open and understanding... but not when I hear spin and lies. Him pretending not to know what the poster who mentioned bad rewards was talking about? and then getting called out and leaving the topic?

Loud and clear.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    This event is just a big money grab, I don't see how low-mid level players can even compete,
  • This event supposed to bring more challenger to players, but it doesnt. Theres nothing to do with stradegy, just about a lucky map and die and try again over and over, that's really boring.

Besides, look at rewards, i doubt any1 that reach 900k point in 4 days for a 3* cover human torch will need it, because they r supposed to high lvl and full 3* cover already to reach that point. So, what the point of that reward?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fight the good fight Lukewin, but if you expect ICEx to pop his head back in here after spewing a topic full of lies, spin and feigning ignorance over the very legitimate complaints of the players, you are sorely mistaken. At least I wouldn't if I made a topic so embarassing as this, insulting the intelligence of the forum player base, the majority of which are working adults

I don't expect a response from IceIX. If you have low expectations, when things go bad, your level of disappointment isn't a big swing. Things can only go up, so you're minimizing your chances of being let down.

I will continue to do what I've done in the past, which is state facts and let people draw their own conclusions. If I complained about everything, and was right one time, I'm the boy who cried wolf. I try to pick my battles, so that I don't weaken the arguments/positions I choose to take, and hope that my opinion/stance is viewed objectionably, or in my favor because I've tried to be a reliable source of information. If I'm stating facts and neutral observations, I have a better shot of having my argument/position seeming more valid. I'll try not to let my posts show that I have a bias, and hope that people see that I'm not just highlighting D3 / Demiurge's failures/mistakes, but I'm showing everything, and it just so happens that the failures/mistakes greatly outnumber the successes.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can you imagine if this was how the next Fantastic Four movie went? It would be over right after the opening credits.
  • And people wonder why he took so long to respond when he's met with responses like this...

He made his choice to ignore, save face and lie, and he can live with it. If I'm wrong he can come in and say it, make an honest post and really explain what happened. im open and understanding... but not when I hear spin and lies. Him pretending not to know what the poster who mentioned bad rewards was talking about? and then getting called out and leaving the topic?

Loud and clear.

Yeah, there was absolutely nothing he could say that'd convince you it was anything other then spin and lies other then "Oh woe is me, for we have sinned, please spare us with your kind mercy."

There is nothing that he could (reasonably) do that'd quell this rage.

So the best thing to do would probably be to stay mostly out of it.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My two cents:

The problem is that, with only 3 turns veggie you wipe and no reliable way to change that, it's pretty much just what board you start with and how that interacts with your team. Your opportunity to influence events starts and ends with team selection. Everything else is playing out fate. It does feel like staying down a force of nature. It's not a fun feeling. Like how a tsunami victim simulator could get the vibe right, but it's not fun. That's it, really. I'm getting about 50% of his available hit points per cycle; I don't know where that places me on the bell curve, but damn...

That being said, some of the vitriol here is pretty out of line. Hissy-fit is not a good look, people.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    deiXide wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.jpg

I, for one, have faith this will all be worked out soon. icon_e_smile.gif

lose_zps6maar0eq.jpg