How do we kill Galactus now that we've all tried it?

12345679»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    rtomek wrote:
    A lot of these posts read like round 1-3 tips. How about some round 4+ tips? My only tip is pick a color and move fast, he blew me away every time.
    Round 4? Up here in round 6, there is no TURN 4.

Best tip I can give... do.. not... buy health packs. Second best tip? Develop patience and a losers mentality. Once you hit round 6 its gameover before you ever begin.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    rtomek wrote:
    A lot of these posts read like round 1-3 tips. How about some round 4+ tips? My only tip is pick a color and move fast, he blew me away every time.
    Round 4? Up here in round 6, there is no TURN 4.

in round 6 HT Xforce, IF

When we get to round 7: prayer, lots and lots of prayer.
    If I get to play in round 8: GSBW, Prof X and pray for a purple match 5 to start the match.
    If that happens for you book a plane to Vegas you can make some real $$$
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Just did a 4/5 in Round 5 with OBW + MN Mags + Cyclops. Boost red/yellow, and blue/purple.

If you can get Mags' purple off, you should get enough blue to OBW AGD yourself a couple rounds of breathing room. If you can pick up a few yellow to convert to red, you can get off Mags' red, which will clear a lot of board, and pick up tons of AP. That should pretty much keep you rolling.

The key when I placed Mags' purple was to make sure I didn't overwrite any red, to maximize cascade potential.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    mouser wrote:
    Whichever team you're using, here's one important tip:

When the match starts and you see that juicy 4 or 5 match on the board? Don't do it. Save it till the second turn for a better chance to take out some CD tiles.
    Excellent advice! You have 2! turns to set up the board, that's it. Wait to see where the CD tiles form before doing anything meaningful.

I'm running HT, OBW, and X-Force. The first match is usually Green or Red (or whatever it takes to set up a match 5). Green for a future board shake if the board looks promising. Red if it doesn't; maybe I'll get a fireball hit in before I die.
  • I guess Galactus is gonna destroy the world. Not the Maya calendar thing, nope, the anniversary event will do it. Goodbye, blue planet. And all because of a game! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • safaridan
    safaridan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I have had success with hulk / KK/ ms marvel. I'm still stuck in round 5, but now with this team, I have won 5 of 8 battles. Hulk for green and anger, KK to make green, (her little healing is a bonus )and ms. M to switch to t/u tiles and chip away with black and red. Sorry if this is a repeat suggestion, I read through quickly and might have missed it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nerevar83 wrote:
    I managed to defeat lvl 6 with a budget team for those of us that dont have maxed XWolves, Hulk/OBW/Jugg. Basicly let the first 3 countdown tiles pop get 3 angers and start juggernauting. Pray to the gods of chaos for good cascades. Use obw blue to keep hulk alive and delay tiles, drop hulk reds when you got the ap. It is very slow but if anyone finds a more budget team please let me know.

That is the same team that is working for me even on round 6, I would suggest using Jugg red even though it is lower damage as it allows you to be more tactical with the crashes, if you get a board with only a couple of cosmic tiles then you can let Hulk eat the damage and start the anger rolling again.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does sw green take out cosmic tiles at l5?
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Plodding along through round 6 with Mohawk, Torch, and OBW with all 3 stockpiles (I ran out of the rainbow stockpile a long time ago). If you can get the 10 green to fire Lightning Strike, you're pretty much golden. Fireball can sometimes get you a minor cascade or eat up red cosmic/CD tiles on top of being just plain good damage.

Also, my roster is (mostly) soft capped at level 94.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    For those of you not yet in the Round 6+ genocide, I have had a lot of success with XForce (lvl 153), CMags (lvl 117), and Loki (lvl 66). None of them are fully covered but if you can get any of their powers (usually Loki purple or Mags red) to pop quick you can typically ride the cascades throughout the entire match.

Just finished a Round 5 fight (Galactus at 20,000hp?) and took zero damage, Galactus gained zero AP. This team would work much better if you boosted AP but I beat him 3 times in a row with no boosts.

There is no automatic win, board can run dry, but I'm averaging 70% success with this team. Just FYI for those other teams that don't have Prof/SW/IF etc...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Round 8 CD timer is at 1. Good luck!
  • Best way is hulk gsbw px for rd 8

Make sure u match a hulk for that 1st explosion. ..4 anger gets a **** load of green...if ur lucky some match 5

.then gsbw green or purple to green...if ur luck is horrible. .maybe u have enough for hulk green...and pray for a favorable cascade...if all that fails...hopefully u brought a board shakeup team up that u can try and use (juggs green)...if not....eyes of doom on 3rd turn
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    Zen808 wrote:
    Just did a 4/5 in Round 5 with OBW + MN Mags + Cyclops. Boost red/yellow, and blue/purple.

If you can get Mags' purple off, you should get enough blue to OBW AGD yourself a couple rounds of breathing room. If you can pick up a few yellow to convert to red, you can get off Mags' red, which will clear a lot of board, and pick up tons of AP. That should pretty much keep you rolling.

The key when I placed Mags' purple was to make sure I didn't overwrite any red, to maximize cascade potential.

I had some better results with this team. Got 2 wins in round 6 and some good gain in other matches. But also got wiped many times. But what can I do when I don´t have black for Hulk (just 1 black covered), PX with 2 covers at all.....

But whatever, my alliance decided that round 7 is not mandatory (thanks guys icon_e_biggrin.gif ) so I´m free not to die for few hours.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Running Hulk/Juggs/KK. A bit riskier than with OBW in KK's place, but you get a better finisher and the purple is great for sustained green generation.

We are just about done with Round 7. A bit too much frustration but to be honest, getting 2-3 covers of a new 4* in a standard PvE is more stressful and time consuming than this. It takes hours of grinding against the same teams over and over again.

The worst part of this is the health packs and the fact that you do actually lose once in a while.