How do we kill Galactus now that we've all tried it?

Comments

• Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Round 6, GSBW/PX/SW and a **** load of prayers.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I've gone 10 for 10 using XF, IF, PX, +2 all, +2 BLU/PUR, +2 GRN/BLK. Sucks to have to boost that much but that setup seems to be reliable.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingSlamma wrote:
    Has anyone tried with Shehulk?
    Hopefully get lucky with her green and use red to clear bottom of the board?

At this point Galactus's pattern is:
    Turn 3: Generate 8 cosmic tiles
    Turn 4: Passive Generates 32 black
    Black murders you and kills your family for the aggrevation.

There's no time to drain black. *Maybe* you get lucky and knock out two of the tiles and buy yourself a turn to drain, but definitely not enough time to do that and generate the 9 red for power of attorney.

Strategy at this point is: Bring a broken combo, pray the board isn't a disaster, pray your AP generator doesn't malfunction (SW tile in a corner, Fist's doesn't consolidate the black to an area), pray there's enough board shake to buy you an extra turn or two, repeat.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ngoni wrote:
    I've gone 10 for 10 using XF, IF, PX, +2 all, +2 BLU/PUR, +2 GRN/BLK. Sucks to have to boost that much but that setup seems to be reliable.

Hmmm, interesting, what round are you in?
  • What has worked for me is 3*Storm, XWolv, and BW
    then use +1 all colors, +1 B&G, +1 U&P
    Storm's Green and yellow powers to destroy tiles and hope for more matches. Wolv's black to get specifically blue tiles for BW's blue ability to delay the cooldown, and BW's purple to steal tiles, and importantly,black tiles away. Lots of tile destruction plus ap generation. Its worked well for me, i think. 12/15 I've finished him off.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    JVReal wrote:
    When it resets it, you don't actually get the points. It scrolls points and looks like you gain them, but the end points are exactly the same as the points you start out with. I checked it to verify. You start the Galactus you unlocked with 680,000 points, beat him, the points will start somewhere and scroll like you're getting points but you end up right back at 680,000 points. All it does is waste your health, and reset your Galactus timer to 8 hrs. The only benefit is another shot at one of the 4 victory prizes... if you are victorious and if you don't get 20 iso instead. It must be the Galactus Essential that actually has to be beat to reset the point value or something. But it must be a glitch that any essential unlocks him... I haven't tried checking to see if he's unlocked after DDQ, since I don't want to mess up my Galactus timer. When I'm finished with my last clear of Galactus I'll see if DDQ essential unlocks him too.

I can confirm that DDQ essential unlocks the node but you still don't receive points on completion. Also, for those not able to run winfinite, 3* Cyclops, OBW and Scarlet Witch are a viable team against Galactus for round 5. Use all boosts and go after blue and pink tiles to reset and steal AP and gather AP for Cyclops when you can. Still luck dependent tho.

Got a little lucky, but was able to win two times in a row in round 5.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've yet to take Galactus down in round 6. I've gotten pretty lucky and gotten him down to around 2k, but that was about as good as I've been able to do. I seem to have the most luck with SW/XFW/IF
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Cylaali wrote:
    ngoni wrote:

Hmmm, interesting, what round are you in?

We're on round 6 currently.
  • I am in a small alliance, just started playing a little over 3 weeks ago.

I lost my first match against galactus, but I saw what I needed to do to win. Steal Black, Mass Destroy Tiles to Generate AP, and increase countdown to keep Cosmic Tiles down. Using Original Black Widow and Storm and anyone with a strong Red attack, I achieved all of these. But after getting to round 3 I also was having issues. Too many counters / tiles too fast. Died early 4 times before I remembered my Boosts. I hardly ever use Boosts / cards, but it really helped here. Increased Starting Blue, Pink, Green & Black and increased damage from all colors by 40% got me over the hump.

Original Black Widow ** Lvl 80

Using Stark's Anti Grav Device, I was able to keep countdowns from going off too quickly.
    Using Aggressive Recon, I reduced the number of black tiles he had after he got them.

Modern Storm * LvL 50 (I wish I had Mohawk Storm icon_razz.gif, but she does the same if you have her)

Using Lightning Strike I was able to clear tiles quickly after they'd build up and added much needed AP.
    Using Hailstorm as early as possible, I was able to keep the Damage up.

For Red Characters, I rotated out other characters instead of healing them. Classic Human Torch, Daredevil, Thing, Ironman, even Spider Man was useful because his power was cheap and could be used early and often.

Damage taken on Storm started to become an issue, but over the course of the combat, I was able to keep her up with Black Widow's Anti-Grav Heals. Hulk would make a good substitution for Storm, but HP isn't as much of a boost here as much as the damage over time and AP management I get from my storm since my hulk only has like 3 points worth of abilities.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crunkwell wrote:
    And yes, Bewilder stole Red for me, even tho others have stated that Black was his strongest color for them. Not sure if it is random or differs by power. No clue.
    Steals from "enemy's largest color pool."

So red happened to have the most, and/or it was random because they were all tied.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 of my last 4 attempts I had no red/purple matches and could not match cds away, so turn 4 retreats in which I did ~3K in damage. that is just completely demoralizing. no idea how we finish this. at least if we can muddle to the end of 6 there's a cover there. we are almost 1/2 way through his health on rd 6.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crunkwell wrote:
    I took a suggestion on this threat and altered it a bit. The original suggestion was : Iron Fist, X-Force Wolverine, and Starlet Witch. Since my X-Force is only lvl 94 I went with Psylocke instead (logic: her powers don't take much AP to use and you need to kill him quick). My plan was go to for purple, and I used a +2 AP on Purple and Blue. This did not work at all since my board started with 3 purples and Scarlet Witch's count-down tile went to the very bottom corner and didn't make a crit. However I still was able to win. The key? Psylocks' Bewilder. I was naturally fed Blue matches to start and used Bewilder. The round before I was about to lose Bewilder went off and I stole 20+ Red AP. I was then able to use Psychic Knife 3 times in a row and defeat him. And yes, Bewilder stole Red for me, even tho others have stated that Black was his strongest color for them. Not sure if it is random or differs by power. No clue.

So pairing Psylocke with someone with a stronger Red may be the way to go (Even after the three psychic Knifes back to back to back, he was still alive and Iron Firsts passive had to finish him off). But I like going for purples with Iron First and Scarlet Witch as a good backup plan still, so I think I am sticking with this team.

Summary: Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist, Psylock. Go for Blue and Purple and use Bewilder and Iron Fist's Purple Ability.

Having tried using Psylock a number of times the colour she steals seems random. All of Galactus' tile strengths are at 51 for me currently so sometimes I would steal purple other times a different colour.
  • loroku
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Having tried using Psylock a number of times the colour she steals seems random.
    "Largest color pool." Guessing random after that.
    TxMoose wrote:
    we are almost 1/2 way through his health on rd 6.
    Nice! We're halfway through 4. At this point it's very clear that if we do manage to clear stage 4, there is ZERO point in trying any more after that, because we will not do twice that again in the time remaining.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I was using Iron Fist/Wolverine 4*/Scarlet Witch but SW was too slow or hated me by putting her tile in the corner.

I switched her out for 3* Magneto and now I've killed Galactus almost every time. His red/blue are lifesavers for bad pink/black boards.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Whichever team you're using, here's one important tip:

When the match starts and you see that juicy 4 or 5 match on the board? Don't do it. Save it till the second turn for a better chance to take out some CD tiles.
  • loroku
    Another random team to try: OBW, Thor, and Jugs. Thor feeds Jugs (except he won't because you'll never get that many yellow, but if you do), and Jugs shakes the board pretty well. OBW for her blue, and pink if you can get that off.

The best I can do is just Iron Fist, Xforce, and someone. I've tried OBW, but if you don't get blue... eh. I tried Torch, but he only helps with red for damage - which isn't bad, considering you'll likely lose anyway. I might try 3* Mags for the red OR blue option, but he's not well covered for me, and either way any power that costs more than 8 is likely a bust.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    XF/IF/CMags is the best squad I've found so far. CMags red is excellent in this situation.

- IF Purple into CMags red, extra chance to match black tiles for XF with CMags shuffling the board.
    - CMags red, removes all the TU tiles, almost always resulting in more blue on the board for XF's surgical strike. Plus other possible cascades to power up another ability.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to find a new team for Round 6. The one I went with is ....

Star Lord, Iron Fist, Wolverine X-Force. Boosts for 4 yellowtile.png and 4 purpletile.png .

In rounds 1 and 2, try to get yellowtile.png and purpletile.png matches.

Then cast Everyone With Me for 7 yellowtile.png .
    That drops the cost of Iron Fist of K'un-Lun to 3 purpletile.png . Add 18 blacktile.png to the board
    Cast Surgical Strike, and then look for anything good on the board.
  • I managed to defeat lvl 6 with a budget team for those of us that dont have maxed XWolves, Hulk/OBW/Jugg. Basicly let the first 3 countdown tiles pop get 3 angers and start juggernauting. Pray to the gods of chaos for good cascades. Use obw blue to keep hulk alive and delay tiles, drop hulk reds when you got the ap. It is very slow but if anyone finds a more budget team please let me know.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    rtomek wrote:
    A lot of these posts read like round 1-3 tips. How about some round 4+ tips? My only tip is pick a color and move fast, he blew me away every time.
    Round 4? Up here in round 6, there is no TURN 4.