How do we kill Galactus now that we've all tried it?

I went Round 1 and won (pretty easy, I just dealt damage before he even collected 14 AP), however, Now that my alliance propelled us to Round 3. I tried the same "keep poking the bear" strategy and he wipped me. It was cool to watch but the novelty is over and I need to re-strategize to take him down.

this is my roster:
http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/dpunisher55/

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist, X-Force Wolverine. Maxed IF purple does solid damage on a mid-round Galactus (we'll see about rounds 5 and up later) and X-Force shakes up the board whenever possible. Also nobody in the team uses blue, which is Galactus' best color, so I can keep it on the board for Surgical Strike.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist, X-Force Wolverine. Maxed IF purple does solid damage on a mid-round Galactus (we'll see about rounds 5 and up later) and X-Force shakes up the board whenever possible. Also nobody in the team uses blue, which is Galactus' best color, so I can keep it on the board for Surgical Strike.

So how do you do all of that by turn 5? I was playing round 3 and he wiped me on turn 5 when I was unable to match any of his ridiculous number of countdown tiles. Not to mention the lovely black cascade he got when the cd tiles went off.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I went with my 'best' team of IMHB, JG and KK to round the team and got wiped. I didnt realize all tiles give 2 AP and he destroyed me in 6 turns!

This one seems far harder than Ultron...

Oh and Galaktus CHEATS his clock tiles should begin at 3, but they doat 2 instead. It is going to be impossible to beat him in round 5+
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    blue, which is Galactus' best color
    THANK YOU! Great info!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I posted a thread for this in tips/guides but my board destruction goon team of witch/gsbw/falcon took too long to get going. with 1 tile per turn, falcon could give you breathing room to get going. 2 tiles per turn no chance.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Couldn't tell you. He never gained a single AP against me in round one. It gets harder?
  • AP steal strategies seem futile (slow) to take him down. I tried the aforementioned,. Scarlett witch, x-force Wolv, Iron fist and destroyed him in Round4
  • TxMoose
    Buret0 wrote:
    Couldn't tell you. He never gained a single AP against me in round one. It gets harder?
    not sure about rd 2 - I couldn't get in for that - but rd 3, things go crazy fast since he throws down 2 cds per turn. controlling cds/cosmics isn't really an option and its all about speed.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I only played R1 & R2, but I found board shakers to be pretty helpful (Magneto, Loki). Original Black Widow should help if you can collect enough blue to delay the CDs or Steve Rogers for overwriting special tiles.

I thought Squirrel Girl would do well against him, but I never had more than 2 special tiles up at once (unless CD tiles also count?). Psylocke's Bewilder is a bust because Galactus' AP gain is pretty even across the board, barring cascades.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

So how do you do all of that by turn 5? I was playing round 3 and he wiped me on turn 5 when I was unable to match any of his ridiculous number of countdown tiles. Not to mention the lovely black cascade he got when the cd tiles went off.

Prioritize green and purple in turns 1, 2 and 3, and clear the countdowns as possible if they're on those colors or there are no helpful matches presenting themselves. Turn 4, SW's countdown pops and you should have enough purple for at least two shots of Iron Fist of K'un Lun. Get your black, and if you have enough AP to punch Galactus and then SS him, do that and congrats, you won the fight. If you don't but can use X-Force, do that and reap for AP from either the cascade or the shaken-up board. Otherwise match black/purple/green you can use a good power or until he gets enough black to be worrisome and then let loose. He hasn't lived longer than six turns yet for me. (In Round 4)
  • Crooked Eye is on point icon_e_biggrin.gif

I tried his strategy twice with xforce,SW, Iron fist

And I win by turn 6 with Sw feeding Iron fist feeding xforce( the latter two are boosted making them perfect for the job)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crooked Eye is on point icon_e_biggrin.gif

And I win by turn 6 with Sw feeding Iron fist feeding xforce( the latter two are boosted making them perfect for the job)

Yep me too. It works for now. But I am really worried what is going to happen when Galaktus is not killed by one SS
  • Polares wrote:
    Crooked Eye is on point icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yep me too. It works for now. But I am really worried what is going to happen when Galaktus is not killed by one SS

Not only that, but there's no guarantee of the SW tile going off. I'm in round 4 and it was matched or cascaded away the last three times I tried.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i just let juggie sit on his face till he stops breathing icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    if he ever throws a third cd down, not sure that puzzle is even solvable. will be like my level 86, 2/-/- xpool against 270 xfw. except we can't just heal up and go again. not sure anyone is getting home unless it stays at 2 cds per turn. and the health will be going up and up and up.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    I've been working on countdown tile control. Falcon worked early but now I have OBW in. Still. I used IF and XFW as my main offense and things get difficult but I beat him on round 4.

With Galactus, you either win quickly or you lose hard.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I wasn't around until round 4. got whipped the first few attempts. Tried several teams suggested by alliance mates. Finally got 2 wins in a row with xf, ht, if combo. Galactus is really tough on your heals. icon_cry.gif
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I haven't tried it yet...but can Elektra survive if she has a Shadow Step tile out?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Still waiting on the cooldown to end, but I'm super tempted to just load in punisher and chunk him until I can shoot him in the face with my average-man bullets.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Esheris wrote:
    I haven't tried it yet...but can Elektra survive if she has a Shadow Step tile out?

No, the board is completely destroyed.