Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I'm annoyed at the difficulty right now.

"Trivial" difficulty.

TWO uses of IF's purple ability fail to generate 11 black AP to fuel X-Force's Surgical Strike, and the OBW Anti-Gravity device pops one turn too late.

So I lose, on turn 7 of the battle. Round 1 seemed like, cool, ok, let's emphasize the fundamentals, take care of this CD every turn or lose. But 2 every turn now that it's round 3? Now the rules of the game are "Tinykitty you, you tinykitty, even though you used boosts and played smart you're dead before you can get a power off."

Do they even realize if you fail to destroy 2 CDs a turn, starting on turn 3, he generates 8 AP. That means even if you destroy half the CDs and one of the bad tiles you're dead by turn 7 or 8. The disconnect between these joke side nodes (level 40=3?--my guys are powered up to 200+) and the seriously tinykittyastrophe of fighting galactus, which completely depends on luck.

Mostly it's aggravating because the Ultron fight was so solid. Decent stakes; rewarded clever play. Once in a while, maybe every 6 clears, I'd fail and think, aw shucks. Galactus on the other hand is just Boost or Die (or Boost AND Die if you're unlucky). Besides starting with 4AP in a desired color there is no reasonable strategy against 2 tiles per turn--even if you are clever/lucky and can destroy 1 or two with some maneuvering, you just spent 2 turns on 2 tiles which means 16 more AP worth of death is on the board. If the board doesn't look great right away? Sorry, that'll be 3 more heal packs.

She-Hulk? Sorry, you just spent 2 turns matching green, not CD tiles, so you're halfway to dead with only a 1/3 chance of hitting black.

OBW? Hope there are some blue matches on the board.

(Everyone else)? Make 3 matches in your particular lethal color or take a million damage.

SERIOUSLY. What. The. TINYKITTY.

Agreed. The only reason I am continuing to play is for my alliance mates and to make whatever pathetic attempt at adding points to the total that I can.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think the problem with the difficulty is that there is a bug with one of Galaktus powers. Because even in round 4 (where my alliance is right now), in the text of the power it clearly says he is supposed to create 3-turn tiles, but as soon as they touch the board they are converted to 2-turn, so they are in the board just 2 turns instead of 3. So he is creating cosmic tiles 50% faster than what he is supposed to. That is really a big difference.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I still think the problem with the difficulty is that there is a bug with one of Galaktus powers. Because even in round 4 (where my alliance is right now), in the text of the power it clearly says he is supposed to create 3-turn tiles, but as soon as they touch the board they are converted to 2-turn, so they are in the board just 2 turns instead of 3. So he is creating cosmic tiles 50% faster than what he is supposed to. That is really a big difference.
    Bug? No way! The devs tested it way before all the press interviews went out about how great and fun this Galactus Hungers PVE is. I think the player population is just playing the game wrongly.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Bug? No way! The devs tested it way before all the press interviews went out about how great and fun this Galactus Hungers PVE is. I think the player population is just playing the game wrongly.
    Yeah, our mistake is that we're playing past round 2, I think.
    If I had to bet money on it, I'd say that the devs played round 2, scaled up the rest of the event and called it a day.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    And making the 900,000 point target a 3* Human Torch? I'm guessing that if you can get to 900K, you probably don't need a Red Torch cover... the last two prizes should have been legendary tokens.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    If I had to bet money on it, I'd say that the devs played round 2, scaled up the rest of the event and called it a day.
    You'll be a winner in Vegas. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

Stage six makes three "3-turn" countdown tiles. Drastically different from round two. I'm inclined to agree.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Aaah man....even deadpool daily doesn't give you double ISO. A big let down....

"As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token, be able to grab Double-Iso in Versus and story events (not including prologue), find attractive deals on Anniversary character packs, and more"

Deadpool daily is a story event!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bizarrely, the X-Men vs. Avengers demo fight in the anniversary season event itself doesn't give double ISO.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    And I guess that the everyone that get a special in-game token was one free taco (which I got the millionth Ares 2* cover) ...............wow really? 1 taco?
  • Its really sad to get non stop 2* stuff, when trying to transition to 4* guys...
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Hahahja round 6 is funny turn 2 or 3 insta death. Wth? Did no one try this before?

Lame lame lame
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    Hahahja round 6 is funny turn 2 or 3 insta death. Wth? Did no one try this before?

Lame lame lame

i totally doubt they played past round 2; and thought it was too was easy. by round 5, galactus makes 2 -2turn countdowns that makes 4 cosmic tiles that yield 3 AP each. so unless u have great countdown destroying luck by round 3 it's over.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Galactus event is totally a game of luck. No skill or strategy allowed at all. This is not fun. Major fail on this one.

Games do not survive after multiple fails. You need to do better.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    edited October 2015
    I'll join the choir. As I sat there contemplating the 18 dead guys in my roster in 6 consecutive games, I'm wondering what the point of all of this and who thought anything here was fun.

I'm also more than disgusted by the awesome anniversary tokens because painting a coat of shiny on something that is worse than the regular offering is at the very least disingenuous to be polite. They will be hard pressed to convince me this was not done on purpose.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    I'm on round 6 now. The challenge is to survive to your 4th turn, right? Because I was dead after my third turn on my first fight with Galactus.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Arnie got news of the Anniversary this year

image.png
  • Spending a large chunk of yesterday being unable to even get into the game was bad. My alliance is all but deserted as is, so we have no chance of salvaging pretty much anything from this "boss" event! Given the difficulty complaints frankly I'm disinclined to even bother.

I too gained an anniversary token which gave up a hugely underwhelming 2* also the free taco on Saturday (covering up for the mixed date I presume?) gave a 2* also which I'm used to to the point of barely touching ddq for the waste of my time.

I was even pumping cash into this at one point but I absolutely refuse to pay anymore unless we are decently compensated for this absolute cluster *tinykitty* of a so called anniversary!

This my friends is what happens when celebration becomes damnation!

I think I'm pretty much done with mpq!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    is there any word if they will dial it down for Galactus Hungers part 2. i would doubt it since it's the weekend and they don't like fixing things during the weekend. cause even with ultron you have a minimum of 10 rounds before 1 bomb kill can decimate your 3 man team. in Stage 5 it's 4, and Stage 6 supposedly 3. even boosted in all ur major colors, that will be a feat of incredible luck. i'd like to see a video of them playing a whole set of galactus nodes and see if they can do it without any modified boards.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    So round six is Die on turn three? Turn Four if you spend time ONLY matching the ecountdown.png if that is possible? I haven't found a team doing better than 1/5.

In Round Eight Does the timer go to One turn or something? Because without that. This cannot get harder. You are literally dying Turn three on 80% of boards. Was this playtested at all?
This discussion has been closed.