Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'm annoyed at the difficulty right now.

"Trivial" difficulty.

TWO uses of IF's purple ability fail to generate 11 black AP to fuel X-Force's Surgical Strike, and the OBW Anti-Gravity device pops one turn too late.

So I lose, on turn 7 of the battle. Round 1 seemed like, cool, ok, let's emphasize the fundamentals, take care of this CD every turn or lose. But 2 every turn now that it's round 3? Now the rules of the game are "Tinykitty you, you tinykitty, even though you used boosts and played smart you're dead before you can get a power off."

Do they even realize if you fail to destroy 2 CDs a turn, starting on turn 3, he generates 8 AP. That means even if you destroy half the CDs and one of the bad tiles you're dead by turn 7 or 8. The disconnect between these joke side nodes (level 40=3?--my guys are powered up to 200+) and the seriously tinykittyastrophe of fighting galactus, which completely depends on luck.

Mostly it's aggravating because the Ultron fight was so solid. Decent stakes; rewarded clever play. Once in a while, maybe every 6 clears, I'd fail and think, aw shucks. Galactus on the other hand is just Boost or Die (or Boost AND Die if you're unlucky). Besides starting with 4AP in a desired color there is no reasonable strategy against 2 tiles per turn--even if you are clever/lucky and can destroy 1 or two with some maneuvering, you just spent 2 turns on 2 tiles which means 16 more AP worth of death is on the board. If the board doesn't look great right away? Sorry, that'll be 3 more heal packs.

She-Hulk? Sorry, you just spent 2 turns matching green, not CD tiles, so you're halfway to dead with only a 1/3 chance of hitting black.

OBW? Hope there are some blue matches on the board.

(Everyone else)? Make 3 matches in your particular lethal color or take a million damage.

SERIOUSLY. What. The. TINYKITTY.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    yogi_ wrote:
    I have JUST walked into the forums and scanned over random pages of different threads about all the issues.

I feel no anger nor wish to vent and I know I probably shouldn't but I feel a certain sense of schadenfreude - not a huge amount but just enough that there is a suggestion of it.

I hate to say it, but nothing really surprises me so much any more around here and the devs are going to do what they want anyway.

It's just easier to not get worked up about it, even though there may be multiple legitimate reasons to do so.

There is a certain.... inevitablity about so much regarding this game.

Yeah, feelings of happiness and rage tend to come and go, as I've seen over the past year.
    Heck, I'll admit my post on the previous page was fueled by a very short span between wiping to Galactus and typing the rant.

This is certainly one of the lowest valleys of satisfaction I've seen on the forums, but I'm sure a couple of weeks from now this will have largely subsided.
    In the short term my pitch fork is sharp and pointed at the face of the Devourer of Worlds (hint: Not Galactus.)
    In the long term, this frustration, as any feeling on these forums, will pass. I know I'll be back, I only wonder how long it will take for us to collectively get this biiter taste in our mouths to turn into laughter.
    Hey, you guys remember when Galactus first came out and the servers went dead and our rosters were decimated before the halfway point?
    Good times. At least I finally finished building star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png in time for [INSERT UPCOMING RARITY/CHARACTER/GAMETYPE HERE.]
  • Awful awful awful

10 tokens filled with 2 stars. Galactus just beat me in 4 rounds twicein a row on his second difficulty. Ate all my health packs so I guess Im done playing until after work. That was a fun 15 minutes.

Feel sick, in my stomach and of this game. Not a feeling you want when logging into a hobby is it?

so easy to make players happy yes this is the constant result from D3. Thinking about the rage from DDQ 4 star. Yikes.

Stupidity and greed in full force here.
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    GALACTUS HUNGERS!
    for your health packs, mainly
  • Lystrata wrote:
    Agreeing with everything said so far.

After my last dismal experience with customer 'support', I vowed not to spend another cent on this game - and haven't. Certainly wasn't tempted by the 'sale' for this anniversary, either. So I'm not feeling too bad about that, at least.

But seriously? After all the hell with ultron, you still couldn't launch a halfway decent event of a similar nature? It's ridiculous. As ever, though, the worst part of this is the complete lack of information - either before the event about how it would actually work, or now, once we've basically play-tested it for you and figured out for ourselves that it doesn't work.

If I had spent a dime with this game I would have stopped a long time.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    Server issues boil down to too many free players.
    That doesn't even make sense.

It boils down to unpreparedness.
    This is supposed to be something that entices spending, even for free players.

Sure it makes sense. More paying players more $$$ for a galactus size server with 'width.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiny Kitty the tiny puppy tiny kitty.

GARG!!!! GALACTUS Y U NO DIE?!?!

ARBLE BARBLE GARBLE NARBLE TARBLE FARBLE...

I'm ok. Just thought since you were so kind as to put this lovely thread here, I should use it. Honestly not that miffed considering. Anyone who has been at this game for any length of time has seen worse than this. Remember that one day when a large chunk of the user base was totally locked out for roughly 24 hours? That was rage inducing. This is tiny kitty compared to those days of complete and utter server meltdown.
  • fmftint wrote:
    Got right in, played round 1, Galactus progress stops @14720, clear all nodes & Galactus, alliance now on round 4 with all my nodes locked, new missions in 6.5 hours

EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. WHAT THE TINYKITTY?!

Better planning in the future, devs. Please.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Would the game have been fun before the devs decided to blast it up to level stupid? Maybe. But this is so stupid I don't think I'll ever spend more on this game.

I'll keep using up bandwidth though, lord knows I've paid my fair share.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is Galactus so stingy with imcoin.png ? Ultron had HP in his battle and in 2 of the essential nodes. Galactus, Crit boosts...

There's 50 HP in the entire event.
    25 @175000
    25@350000
  • I feel that this is going to make players with newer rosters not wanting to play the game due to the difficulty, and only a small amount of veterans being able to make it smoothly

At least making the nodes refreshable would allow the newer rosters to at least hit at it a little bit since every point counts.

I dont even want to go on about the anniversary token packs which are a disappointment

Hope it improves over the next few days
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Why is Galactus so stingy with imcoin.png ? Ultron had HP in his battle and in 2 of the essential nodes. Galactus, Crit boosts...

There's 50 HP in the entire event.
    25 @175000
    25@350000

The one health pack progression reward is my fave.

icon_lol.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I feel that this is going to make players with newer rosters not wanting to play the game due to the difficulty, and only a small amount of veterans being able to make it smoothly

this is who i feel bad for the most. I'm almost on day 600 and the only teams able to win sometimes are ones I only recently maxed.
  • I feel that this is going to make players with newer rosters not wanting to play the game due to the difficulty, and only a small amount of veterans being able to make it smoothly

At least making the nodes refreshable would allow the newer rosters to at least hit at it a little bit since every point counts.

I dont even want to go on about the anniversary token packs which are a disappointment

Hope it improves over the next few days

Beginners give up the difficulty and veterans by the lack of rewards. You face an opponent only winnable in luck and your reward is only covers 2 *? Greater difficulties should provide greater rewards.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Did anyone see the anniversary progression rewards.

Legendary at 4k. There is only 3 events. Average 1333 is ridiculous. Why don't you just give the top tier players the token since no one else has a chance.

At least the reward was obtainable by a much higher percentage during the season.

Seriously though the concept of an anniversary or party is to have fun not be worse than normal. What kind of stupid thought process do they go through.

I try to joke around and not take today that seriously but really this is insane. So far we have:

- tokens with lower draw rates for 4*
    - galactus that can only be played every 8 hours for about 10 min
    - galactus way overpowered in his ap generation
    - servers consistently down
    - progression rewards more difficult than in the season.

Wow give yourself a round of applause.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a ten day "season," so that should mean four events. Black Vortex ends Sunday, then Class of 2015 and Devil Dinosaur brings us to Friday, but the anniversary season ends that Sunday so there ought to be one more.
  • itstime1234
    It's a ten day "season," so that should mean four events. Black Vortex ends Sunday, then Class of 2015 and Devil Dinosaur brings us to Friday, but the anniversary season ends that Sunday so there ought to be one more.

They announced all the anniversary events already. Only 3 pvps.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

Are they extending events beyond 2.5 days each then? How do you cover 10 days season with just 3 events? I'm curious. I guess we'll find out. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • itstime1234
    edited October 2015
    puppychow wrote:

Are they extending events beyond 2.5 days each then? How do you cover 10 days season with just 3 events? I'm curious. I guess we'll find out. icon_mrgreen.gif

Go look at last years anniversary. There isn't some miraculous 4th pvp. The 10 days is due to the time slices. My slice for example doesn't start for 14 hours even though anniversary starts in 4 hours
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Daveomite, Daveomite, Daveomite...now we wait for his graphic design goodness.
This discussion has been closed.