Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    I really hope that the nodes staying locked between rounds is a bug, but somehow I doubt it.
    if its a bug, they need to fix that asap because by the looks of it we'll need all the trial and error attempts at the higher rounds that we can muster.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    yea i get my 2 tokens both 2 stars ummmm whatever D3 whatever.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    So now I'm just going to watch the Jays game.

Someone private message me if the event unlocks, I'll get an email alert and I'll come check.

If the devs don't respond by the time the first unlock happens, I'm just going to delete this app. Put your tiny kitty anniversary blood money cake down and tell us what the hell you were thinking.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    So now I'm just going to watch the Jays game.

Someone private message me if the event unlocks, I'll get an email alert and I'll come check.

If the devs don't respond by the time the first unlock happens, I'm just going to delete this app. Put your tiny kitty anniversary blood money cake down and tell us what the hell you were thinking.

and got to love that ICE said o this event is a lot more eaiser then the ultron LOL right. killed in 4 rounds that never happen with ultron even at level 8 (and this is level 3) level 8 he will kill you before you even start
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Is this the only game that does this? I mean seriously...what is the point of minimal info? Why couldn't we get some video as to how Galactus worked? Is it so freaking hard to just make the event more enjoyable? If I knew that I needed to win by the 5 or 6 turn by round 3 or 4 (god only knows what happens in the next 4 rounds since he will problaby have 8 countdown tiles every turn by the last round), I would have invested my iso into characters that would help in this situation instead of freaking HT who is utterly useless in this special event. GGGGGAAAAAARRRRRR!!! It is just plain asinine to work this way. I am sure you are getting some people buying hp to level characters that they didn't think they would need for this event SINCE THEY ARE NOT BOOSTED, but more than likely, people will quit.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't even matter about scaling, you're Insta death by turn 4/5
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Not my fault. I decided to sit this one out, and leave my space open for the next person and still the severs go down. LOL. Tough break people, I hope they get it back up, but they are going to get away consequence free because they paired it with the only sale in who knows how long. So even though it flopped, the coffers are filled to the brim and it will be considered a great success.

Also don't forget to keep playing to the end if you tap out you will maybe miss out on hastily decided cut off points for nifty prizes because they made it too difficult in the second play through requiring near optimum playing to achieve the final reward in which only a select few could achieve.

Bummed to hear that the token odds suck, that was one of the good things from last year I heard about consistently. For them to mess that up sounds incredibly disappointed.

Happy hunting.
  • I haven't been locked out but the resets didn't happen for me for round 2 or 3. And to top it off- once I finished the nodes below and hit Galactus the last time (and lost because **** that round 3 Galactus is hard!) - It was saying 5 hours 3 min until reset. Just checked and now its 6 hours 30 min.

And the odds on the anniversary tokens as noted is even worse than the server/glitches. That is ****.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Step 1: Take down the Galactus PvE and the pending anniversary PvPs.
    Step 2: Look in the mirror and think about what you've done.

There is no step 3.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So doing the math on what my alliance has done versus where we're at in round 4, and pretty darn sure that alliance members simultaneously clearing a round are getting the personal points, but those points are 'lost' as far as end completion goes.

Which wouldn't matter a lick if the rounds unlocked everything like Ultron, but matters a ton with this stupid set up in a situation where points are at a premium.

Commanders make note, gonna probably have to highly coordinate finishing each round.

GUESS THE RULES! FUN!
  • I was sort of prepared for some server issues but this time it looks like disappointment is across the board: token odds worse than regular, unclarity if refreshes are intended or bugged, last hour changes to boss to eliminate nearly any character abilities that could aid, silence of devs, you name it. Is that supposed to be a celebration? At this time I'm not even angry, I am just sad. In my experience with this game whenever something big is announced and people get excited it turns out to be a major disappointment. And each next time the disappointment is worse than before.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    It's also nice to see that D3 hasn't bothered to chime in for about 4 hours to provide an update or answer even the most basic questions (i.e., are the nodes supposed to stay locked after a round is cleared?).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh jeez, I didn't even think about that, GrumpySmurf. Normally losing the alliance points wouldn't matter because everybody just starts smacking the boss again in the new round anyway, but that's not possible here. Simultaneous kills still cost one non-renewable shot at Galactus but don't provide alliance points.

I repeat: Cancel the event. Don't re-start it. The problems are too fundamental to fix hastily.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh jeez, I didn't even think about that, GrumpySmurf. Normally losing the alliance points wouldn't matter because everybody just starts smacking the boss again in the new round anyway, but that's not possible here. Simultaneous kills still cost one non-renewable shot at Galactus but don't provide alliance points.

I repeat: Cancel the event. Don't re-start it. The problems are too fundamental to fix hastily.

I'm already telling my guys when it gets to about 7 taps left, slow the F down and check in to see how many are actively clearing, and coordinate their taps.

If that doesn't work, I'll try 10-15 taps for round 5.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the locking people out from playing the main event while pretty much nothing else is running is considered a good idea then you seriously need to sack whoever is in charge of game design, it is an idiotic approach (even if it had been properly communicated prior to the event starting) to prevent your users from playing the game.

The setup should have been far simpler, x amount of dmg per round to kill Galactus and you get a new round every 8 hours, but all other mechanisms should have just worked like a normal pve rather than this lockout idiocy.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Well hopefully the cake is better than the anniversary gameplay.

Otherwise that would be one awful tasting cake.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    What's even left to say at this point? This is a massive embarrassment for everyone at D3.

- Another major event, another server crash. Nobody cares that they've been all separate issues causing it, the point is D3 has utterly no ability to pull off a big event.

- Surprise lockouts carry over to new rounds. This is either horrid planning or a monumentally disastrous bug. Either way, stunningly bad.

- Anniversary tokens with LOWER 4* odds than usual. No, Devil Dino doesn't count. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

- Utterly broken communication with the most active users. Ok, this last one is just par for the course.

D3 should thank its lucky stars it has a wickedly good license and good gameplay, because very few other games would have lasted this long with so many wretched mistakes and decisions.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I finished my first clear of Galactus Hungers right after work. That was tough but fun! I hope it ups the challenge without going bonkers. I must say, I really like the puzzl-y Boss battles.

Just had to get that off my chest.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to chime in here regarding my distress on the difficulty of the Galactus node. My alliance is on round 4 (I didn't get a chance to play rounds 1-3 due to the server issues,) and all the pins are trivial. Galactus himself is hard. Really hard. I've hit that node 6 times and wiped out on four of them. I don't think this is supposed to be this difficult at this stage...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, essentially the best part of the event was when the servers were broken and no one could log on to discover the underlying concept was also completely broken regardless of server performance.

*sigh*
This discussion has been closed.