Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    How tinykitty hard is it to look at past usage spikes with the Ultron events and plan to allocate bandwidth and server space accordingly? I suspect this is a D3 issue rather than a Demiurge issue – usually the programmers aren't also the server maintenance guys – but either way it's our third encore of a very predictable tune.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Either the bottom nodes don't refresh when you beat a galactus round like ultron did or mine are bugged because I am now locked out for the next 7 hours.

Happened to me and my whole alliance (the ones that aren't locked out due to server issues) so we're all waiting for the next 7 hours icon_cry.gif
    Hope this is a bug that will be fixed and not a planned feature
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    eaise wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Either the bottom nodes don't refresh when you beat a galactus round like ultron did or mine are bugged because I am now locked out for the next 7 hours.

Happened to me and my whole alliance (the ones that aren't locked out due to server issues) so we're all waiting for the next 7 hours icon_cry.gif

Seriously. Otherwise no one is going to get the 2nd & 3rd Cyclops cover.
  • I'll use the words of the immortal philosopher Kefka to accurately and eloquently describe my feelings.

"Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE!"
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    So, Galactus getting black AP from his tile-popping cascades is ... not fun. You can wipe amazingly quickly that way.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Getting pretty tired of seeing "Comm Link Disrupted" after winning a match.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Ooh I am so mad that the thing I knew would happen, happened. Grr. Argh. And all that nonsense icon_e_wink.gif

To the op. 17 4*? Dude I've bought quite a few 40 decks lately. I get 4 max including the pull from legendary token. What the hell haha! Ok I am officially broken of my token addiction after hearing this. Thanks!
  • Just the last drop to say, "to hell with it", real life is an issue that has been unattended for a while.

Regards,

GELB
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    eaise wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I think it might be a planned feature, due to the craziness of the server load on the first round. It means you can't get to Round 5 by riding node resets in the first round, but it also means that everyone is in a similar boat when it comes to positioning after the first 8 hours.

So long as the points and difficulty are balanced appropriately (which is still an open question), I think this is a positive change.

However, there was absolutely no reason not to communicate this change in advance. If we knew that we could take our time in the first 8 hours, it would have made people happy, lightened the load on the servers, and everything could have gone much smoother.

The continued secrecy about game mechanics like this is one of the main sources of forum and player stress, and it's purely a self-inflicted problem on the part of the developers. They gain absolutely nothing from keeping something like this a secret.
  • Out for an hour and play for 10 min and out for another hour great
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

However, there was absolutely no reason not to communicate this change in advance. If we knew that we could take our time in the first 8 hours, it would have made people happy, lightened the load on the servers, and everything could have gone much smoother.

The continued secrecy about game mechanics like this is one of the main sources of forum and player stress, and it's purely a self-inflicted problem on the part of the developers. They gain absolutely nothing from keeping something like this a secret.

^that exactly

i can forgive server issues, but not even knowing the general mechanics and how to plan around the locks is insanely frustrating.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I find the anniversary tokens to be enormously underwhelming.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I was able to get back in when it skipped me to rd3 and of course my nodes were locked like everyone else. I had hoped that when it changed to rd4 they would unlock, and it was just a bug due to server issues.....

Nope...

Just went to rd4 and still everything is locked.

This sucks.....
  • SheRa-007
    SheRa-007 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    This sucks. Its times like this that I really want to give up on mpq.
    I've been trying to get into mpq since the event started to get into it (every 2min) and have only been able to once for 1min & got booted.
    I know that people are working hard to fix this but I feel that this is a failure that could've been avoided completely. Now instead of getting new covers/tokens/iso/etc we will be given a couple tokens as a "we are sorry, here you go" but it will be far less than what we could've earned for sure!
    I feel that we should all get the new Cyclops 4* for their apology LOL
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Tinykitty your servers! Buy some new ones you rich tinykitties! Tinykitty your servers! They never should have given you tinykitties money!
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    SheRa-007 wrote:
    This sucks. Its times like this that I really want to give up on mpq.
    I've been trying to get into mpq since the event started to get into it (every 2min) and have only been able to once for 1min & got booted.
    I know that people are working hard to fix this but I feel that this is a failure that could've been avoided completely. Now instead of getting new covers/tokens/iso/etc we will be given a couple tokens as a "we are sorry, here you go" but it will be far less than what we could've earned for sure!
    I feel that we should all get the new Cyclops 4* for their apology LOL

Or enough covers to fully cover Jean since she is the 4* of this event (i just really want a fully covered Jean haha)
  • I made an account to just reply to this issue....
    I was in round 1 and got at least 2 battles in before everything crashed. When the game finally came back online, I was able to complete round 1 and finish all nodes. The token was given out to the alliance, and then round 2 started. Alliance mates were already starting to beat him down, and I have the cooldown timer to still wait 6h49min for Galactus and "new missions in " 5hr36min.

And I just got a token for the alliance beating round 2. I am still locked out! What am I supposed to do? I won't be able to get the points now!!!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    all i know is that I left to go into the bathroom and i came out and my FREAKING CUPCAKE was gone.. Jugggie had icing all over his face but he says he didnt eat it.

What is going to be done about this

really though i been kicked out at 1230 and have not beeen able to log back in. EST TIME

face it nothing will be done about it look at when ultron ran Nothing was done for the people in the slice 3 PVE

only way to fix the problem is give everyone a 10 pack and all 3 cy covers

i highly doubt they are even working on it like we get it to whenever. They go all of the bugs have been worked out and then as soon as it starts it crashes, they will blame how many were online another way to blame someone else
  • Server issues boil down to too many free players.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    Server issues boil down to too many free players.

or hulk got angry blew off his pants and took down the entire network icon_e_smile.gif
This discussion has been closed.