Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    So, essentially the best part of the event was when the servers were broken and no one could log on to discover the underlying concept was also completely broken regardless of server performance.
    ...and before we saw the token %s... plus the realization of the difficulty in the advanced rounds.... that is 4 strikes right there. man I was so excited about this. gotta temper my expectations....permanently.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh jeez, I didn't even think about that, GrumpySmurf. Normally losing the alliance points wouldn't matter because everybody just starts smacking the boss again in the new round anyway, but that's not possible here. Simultaneous kills still cost one non-renewable shot at Galactus but don't provide alliance points.

I repeat: Cancel the event. Don't re-start it. The problems are too fundamental to fix hastily.

I'm already telling my guys when it gets to about 7 taps left, slow the F down and check in to see how many are actively clearing, and coordinate their taps.

If that doesn't work, I'll try 10-15 taps for round 5.

Nevermind on this. I dunno it was lag or what, but the health seems to have carried over. So it's not that atrocious.
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Step 1: Take down the Galactus PvE and the pending anniversary PvPs.
    Step 2: Look in the mirror and think about what you've done.

There is no step 3.

Step 1: play galactus event

Step 2: realize futility

Step 3: pull out hammer

Step 4: hammer ones own ****.

Step 5: realize groin pain less painful
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    To crosspost something I wrote in another post, because I consider it to be authentic frontier venting gibberish....
    If this lock isn't a bug, it's significantly different, AND it extremelysmallkittys over anyone who played the event ASAP. I'm locked after clearing Galactus..... all on the early 8k-per-clear tier. Someone jumping in now in my alliance, when we're at stage 3, gets 12.k per clear for a moderately more difficult clear. So they get 73,000 points for the round, whereas I got 48,000 for the round. And then we're both locked out for 8 hours. Hooray! Glad I got microscopicallysizedkittied over for being first to jump in to help in this alliance-based event!!!!!

I take solace in the knowledge that even if the event weren't biased against anyone actually getting that legendary progression token, I'd still wind up pulling a duplicate R&G cover I haven't needed for 5 months now from said token....
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhycar wrote:
    What's even left to say at this point? This is a massive embarrassment for everyone at D3.

- Another major event, another server crash. Nobody cares that they've been all separate issues causing it, the point is D3 has utterly no ability to pull off a big event.

- Surprise lockouts carry over to new rounds. This is either horrid planning or a monumentally disastrous bug. Either way, stunningly bad.

- Anniversary tokens with LOWER 4* odds than usual. No, Devil Dino doesn't count. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

- Utterly broken communication with the most active users. Ok, this last one is just par for the course.

D3 should thank its lucky stars it has a wickedly good license and good gameplay, because very few other games would have lasted this long with so many wretched mistakes and decisions.

You have forgot that Galaktus creates a 3 turn clock tile that just after placed gets to 2, so basically a 3 turn bomb explodes in just 2 turns. This is also probably a bug, and one of the reasons Galaktus is so hard.

At the rate these tiles go out I doubt nobody is going to be able to down Galaktus from round 6 and on.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least it's not Friday afternoon/evening
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    I finally realized this is Marvel's master plan to destroy the FF franchise and hopefully force Fox to give back the rights.

That's the only explanation for this shower
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    I know this is going to get buried, but the server problem is very easy to solve. Let alliance commanders pick when the event starts for the alliance. This will spread the load out, and let the alliance cater the time to one that works better for them. I have a few people living in Japan, so the event started at midnight for them. I can't imagine an alliance full of people based on the other side of the world.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhycar wrote:
    D3 should thank its lucky stars it has a wickedly good license and good gameplay, because very few other games would have lasted this long with so many wretched mistakes and decisions.

I was thinking the exact same thing. They've proven the Marvel license is the driving force here. Wonder if Disney and Marvel are at all interested in this. Would love to hear their take.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    The actual battles with Galactus are insane. I was hoping that anniversary was going to be the event that really cemented me staying with MPQ. Instead it might be the reason I quit. When you have 3 or 4 turns to try and fire powers and he's this hard to take down in round 4?!? Terrible balance. We need a fair chance.
  • Well hopefully the cake is better than the anniversary gameplay.

Otherwise that would be one awful tasting cake.

The Cake is a lie.

We all know this.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    I agree not unlocking nodes after a boss clear really sucks, especially with no warning. I jumped in and burned through all mine (during the server issues so I wasn't sure what was going on). Now I'm locked out and have much lower points that team mates icon_e_sad.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I've managed to get into the game long enough to play through a clear, I'm confused and disappointed.

Wishing they'd just gone with a straight Ultron rerun now. At least with Ultron, if you get stuck with a bad board, you just lose one character and can keep on working to down him with the remaining 2/1. Galactus straight up wipes your team with no recourse, no point even trying.
  • Hi honey, happy anniversary!

...will you please sign the divorce papers?
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    This game continues to do very rare or unheard of things. Why as a game maker would you 100% prevent people from playing in an event for a few hours after a handful of attempts?! With all of the competition for people's time, other apps and forms of entertainment, do you want to turn people away to do other things?! Health packs are supposed to be the limiter! /rant over

Serious question: What is the business rationale for limiting play so harshly?
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Well that was fun for a couple of minutes. Managed to beat him 1 time out of 6 in Round 3. Can't say I'll ever have a desire to go through that cheap waste of time again.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I'm here, it's the second anniversary of MPQ. What should be really exciting stuff, Galactus event, new PVPs, etc... is really not exciting at all. Waited until noon for Galactus to start, fully expecting server errors as those were bound to happen, but what didn't I expect?!? To play for 30 min and need to wait another 8 hours... This in my opinion is a complete fail. I've got nothing to play right now, what am I supposed to celebrate? Not playing??? Not even sure there will be daily Lightning Rounds as last year. But you all had me a little fooled, I really was exited for this, now I'm just bored...

Where is all the content, where is the gameplay, where is the anniversary event that could have been....????
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's 7 PM and the only acknowledgment of any of these issues that I've seen was the "oops, we know the servers are F'd" post earlier today.

Did IceIX go on vacation or something?

Edit:
    Noobulator wrote:
    I'm here, it's the second anniversary of MPQ. What should be really exciting stuff, Galactus event, new PVPs, etc... is really not exciting at all. Waited until noon for Galactus to start, fully expecting server errors as those were bound to happen, but what didn't I expect?!? To play for 30 min and need to wait another 8 hours... This in my opinion is a complete fail. I've got nothing to play right now, what am I supposed to celebrate? Not playing??? Not even sure there will be daily Lightning Rounds as last year. But you all had me a little fooled, I really was exited for this, now I'm just bored...

Where is all the content, where is the gameplay, where is the anniversary event that could have been....????

Oh no... they've already confirmed that there will be no lightning rounds. So...... Have fun finishing Tex Mex I guess......
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Noobulator wrote:

Who moved my post here? this is a legit thread why the hell are you marginalizing it?
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I think the worst part right now is entering the game and seeing that pop up saying happy anniversary 2

Nothing Happy about this right now icon_cry.gif
This discussion has been closed.