Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    All I wanted from the anniversary--all I wanted--was 20-person lightning rounds, and tokens that were worth spending my hoarded HP on. The idea of a Galactus event sounded cool, but I knew better than to get my hopes up. And still my hopes were too high!
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    The anniversary event is worse than normal because there is no dispute of the story mode. Did not improve the accretion of iso and coins. Token birthday is only 2 * and put an opponent who need luck rather than merit to defeat him. I bought a 10 token package Galactus Hunger and only came 2 * and 3 * repeated. No 4 *! I should have spent my coins with Red thing and still would be cheaper and more useful. And here I thought they would help us because it was birthday. What a disappointment! The only hope to be the lightning round to iso because the rest .......
  • Still has the bug and ask many characters that nobody uses as essential only to spend coins for new slots. What a disappointment, what a disappointment!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol why should i buy tokens even at 50HP each so i can spend 1000 for a 1 cover devil dino..

Really though their might be something major going on. my comcast cable went out for a few hours then my Net went down from 530 to 7pm est.. Now reports of verizon phones are out for some nationwide......

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES HES REALLY COMING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even hamsters learn from their mistakes.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    As I posted in the other thread, the difficulty escalated to "abysmal" entirely too fast. You're literally depending on luck. I had him dead to rights once, and he pops a 7 black cascade. Wiped.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    **** impossible. What an absolute abortion. Flip a coin fuckistick because there is ZERO skill involved here.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I hated the Ultron event. I hated how sentries could move tiles and I hate all their stupid passives. I hated tetris Ultron and his luck based "puzzle." But this Galactus event is **** ridiculous and making me long for Ultron. An entire team wiped out in 5 turns? **** wonderful. At least Ultron's essentials had a chance at a event token or hp. "Here's a standard token. See you again in 6 turns!" Galactus could at least buy my team dinner first.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Seriously who thought this was a good idea and remotely resembled fun?
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Losing on turn two or three every time is not enjoyable! My alliance is on round 5 and at this point Galactus will gain over 20 AP if you stop none of his CD or cosmic tiles from going off. And that's per turn!
    Best I've been able to do is 4K damage. Then I'm dead...even with decent boards I can't win. And if it's a bad board...y'all can imagine just how bad it goes
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had concerns about this boss fight when it was first announced.

It's GALACTUS. He should have the ability to destroy a full team in a few turns. And fighting something with that ability in no way represents fun.

Another missed opportunity. I really don't know who's making these decisions but they're uniformly bad.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the bug was fixed and everything would reset after Galactus was killed? My alliance just made it to round 5 I go in and nothing. I am still locked for 8hrs. Is anybody going to come close to he legendary token? I think not. Just take off the 8 hr lock and let us rock and roll as fast and far as we want
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, what could have been a fun event has been turned to a crapfest thanks to the ridiculous difficulty of the main node (and I'm only in round 5).

The small nodes not resetting when you pass a round isn't an improvement over Ultron either.

It really makes you wonder if this event was playtested at all beyond the first 3 rounds. And who the hell considered this 'fun' if it was. It isn't a fun puzzle when whether you win or not is 90% based on luck even with your best teams.

What adds to the frustration is the complete radio silence from the devs on this, and has turned what should be a celebration into a highlighting of the worst aspects of the game. Very disappointing.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found the developers' favorite card game!

wdptaa1.jpg
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I don't see how anyone could go see what's happened today and still believe D3 gives two hoots about the player experience.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    This is what the devs have been doing all day while reading the forums:

south-park-s17e02c12-bummed-out-by-the-cable-company-16x9.jpg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sAVtOt2wA
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    Really wish Galactus' AP generation was steady from Round One.
    Even then, he could still pull the rug out from under you because he creates really short CD's in random colors, but the AP generation wasn't so mighty he would be ready to consume you in ~6 turns. You could actually strike him for noticeable gains in your progression.
    The fact that you have to sacrifice characters wouldn't be so bad if you could do something useful in retaliation. Even Ultron, if you somehow stopped every bomb over 40 turns, would still deal with your team through match damage, but with Galactus... the luckiest boards are the ones in which you survive for 8 or more turns, and not the ones in which you can push back the Devourer of Worlds in a mighty struggle.

Just imagine if Tetris Ultron all of a sudden started placing 2 or 3 bomb tiles on every row during the next Avengers vs. Ultron, or in addition to the bottom row would destroys 2-3 tiles in a random column, or spawned Strike/Protect/Attack tiles alongside the bombs.

I'm willing to take 1000 lashes if they actually implement the above.

Also, my subs to refresh Galactus are still under Level 45... really? Anyone on my roster can handle those. There's such a disparity between the subs' difficulty and Galactus event it's like PvE stories, where the nodes for my roster go 33, 40, 45, 160, 175, 190. (My max is currently ~20 114 characters, why can't you scale around that?)
    of course it is my opinion so take that as you will

EDIT: Already realizing I'm very quick to yell in anger about this issue. If nothing else I do have confidence this will, in the coming day or two, be addressed and/or resolved. Leaving this up without further modification for retrospective's sake; I hope I think about this game as a source of leisure the next time an issue like this occurs.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Agreeing with everything said so far.

After my last dismal experience with customer 'support', I vowed not to spend another cent on this game - and haven't. Certainly wasn't tempted by the 'sale' for this anniversary, either. So I'm not feeling too bad about that, at least.

But seriously? After all the hell with ultron, you still couldn't launch a halfway decent event of a similar nature? It's ridiculous. As ever, though, the worst part of this is the complete lack of information - either before the event about how it would actually work, or now, once we've basically play-tested it for you and figured out for ourselves that it doesn't work.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have JUST walked into the forums and scanned over random pages of different threads about all the issues.

I feel no anger nor wish to vent and I know I probably shouldn't but I feel a certain sense of schadenfreude - not a huge amount but just enough that there is a suggestion of it.

I hate to say it, but nothing really surprises me so much any more around here and the devs are going to do what they want anyway.

It's just easier to not get worked up about it, even though there may be multiple legitimate reasons to do so.

There is a certain.... inevitablity about so much regarding this game.
  • why whenever this game introduces ANYTHING is there an anger thread that is full

this is a puzzle quest game with PVP and PVE, 2 facets. And they mess EVERYTHING up ALL THE TIME. THis isnt world of warcraft or league of legends jeez louise, how hard is it to make your players happy?
This discussion has been closed.