Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

18910111214»

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick! Time for a distraction.

Roster slots.

Oh wait...
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    daveomite wrote:
    o7qb5y.jpg

so we are suppose to lose, so every Galactus node opening, then we should lose 5 times per 3 character cause we used the best team we have. that is 15 health packs. -10 were supposed to let regenerate. that is still a deficit of 5 health packs were supposed to buy. and using boosts just to be able to use a power maybe once. and somehow still be able to play pvp even though we are letting health packs recharge; more we have to buy to compete. so how is this even not supposedly not a hero point grab? like "True Healing" wasn't supposedly not a money grab. yeah i'm a guy who won't let "true healing" die.

then give us unlimited health packs and boosts during anniversary, if we are suppose to lose to Galactus and still be able to play other aspect of the game.

but i guess this is not a money grab.

"this too shall pass"

"'and for the money"
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    OK, they've acknowledged the server problems and are going to "compensate" us. Anniversary token anyone?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    k, I'd like to update my earlier post on this thread with an angry venting about the response to our outrage, quite possibly the biggest outrage over anything in the game so far, something that has stirred up even the pacifists.

I just...I need a gif. I need to learn how to make gifs and insert one here of Ms. White from the movie Clue, near the end, where she's talking about the extreme rage she felt when she murdered...ah, whoever the hell it was.

edit: Not saying I'm feeling murderous about the spin. Just keeping hearing the word "flames...flames" in my head when I think about how I feel about the response this has been getting.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I have trouble understanding the developer's reasoning behind the event. It's one thing to put out a brutal challenge which we work on piece by piece (even if your damage on Round 4 Galactus is under 1000/battle so you actually look forwards to the non-Galactus part of the event) and then sit us out while he refreshes, but to design a game type based around the design of kicking the player's **** as quickly as possible then giving them a cooldown period to play other events is perplexing given the player's roster will still be feeling the effects of said ****-kicking for up to 8 hours. Also a critical boost is an indisputably pathetic reward to acquire for toppling the Devourer of Worlds. If you want to make one improvement for the 2nd run please keep seperate health pools for out characters. My team wiping to Galactus is working as intended, but telling me to play versus in the meantime isn't happening with a dead-nearly dead roster. Not all of us are going to have 50 health packs in reserve.

Personally though, I would overhaul the Galactus fight. Rather than making it possible to contribute under 1000 damage come round four (which is also pathetic considering the refresh subs are 1600) the fight needs to drag. I think giving Galactus Ultron health but keeping his Round 1/2 CD behavior would be much more manageable and fair. At least our team dies swingng. I can't buy the argument of canonical power when Juggernaut's max health is below star.pngstar.png Hawkeye and Spider-Man, or Punisher's weaponry being weaker than Blade's sword.

EDIT: Okay, why are there 8 Teisatsu at 97 leading up to a 377 Gorgon who is guaranteed to have 17+ red in the bank? My max is 114. That's ridiculous.
  • ^ if you're taking that info, supposed to be like this etc, from the icex thread... bear in mind he is lying through his teeth and was sent here to post one message to say they did post something, then run away and not come back.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TLCstormz wrote:
    But WHO un-stickied this, tho??????

lol
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    More ranting required.

Today should have been one of my best chances at a legendary token in the deadpool 4-star event. I thought I'd have a longshot chance with my 3/2/2 Thoress. However now I don't have the healthpacks or iso to keep trying.

I don't have healthpacks because I've committed to helping my brand new alliance with Galactus.

Meanwhile, I should be earning double iso in the pvp event, but I
    1. Don't have the healthpacks to participate for long
    2. Don't get a reward from matches 50% of the time.

I started playing almost a year ago, right after the first anniversary. My friends that were playing mpq told me about how awesome the anniversary had been. Great tokens, good odds at getting new covers. So for a while now I've been keeping going just so that I could see how awesome the anniversary celebration is. Now I'm stuck playing this unfun slogfest for the weekend, getting angrier and angrier with every little thing I try to do in the game.

The cherry on top was learning that the devs intended for the Galactus event to be a massive drain on resources, with only the top alliances getting rewards better than watered down tokens. And Ice considers this more generous than the Ultron event. At the moment, it feels like they don't have the player's fun in mind. They're just trying to hit target percentages of cover distribution.

So I'm stuck with an event where for 3-4 days of work is going to net me a host of 2-star covers, break-even or loss of iso, 50 hp, and MAYBE a 4 star cyclops I don't have the hp to slot. ****.

Three things are keeping me from just uninstalling at this right now.
    1. The feeling that I would have wasted all the time (and yes, money) I've put into this game already
    2. I'm obligated to run this event for the really nice people that invited me to their alliance.
    3. The sliver of a hope that the devs will do something to make this fun again.

I was about to drop some serious cash (by my standards) on this game since it had kept me moderately entertained for a year. I was really looking for an excuse to spend it. But if my concept of fun is so far divorced from the devs', it seems likely this will be my first and last anniversary.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still shaking my head over "you're supposed to lose."
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    You may need a venting thread for post 'you're supposed to lose' gate.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    My last post in here was still pretty early on, before my alliance hit the wall that is Round 6 against Galactus.

If D3 thought they had too many active players and thought that they needed a way to drive off a large chunk of their player base, Galactus must have been the best idea they had.

Seriously? 4 countdown tiles which each spawn 4 Cosmic tiles, which each count toward 4 AP on turn 4? Oh, so all I have to do is kill Galactus before he can absorb 7 Cosmic tiles. HAHA!!! I got 3 of them in a single cascade, lady luck don't fail me now! Oh, wait. Did he just drop 4 more countdown tiles?

And that describes pretty much EVERY SINGLE BATTLE against Galactus in round 6 for me.

I remember the Anniversary Events being a fun and happy time last year flush with Iso & Anniversary Tokens. This year feels like the Grinch took all our fun away.

And didn't IceX mention something about playing the Simulator while waiting for Galactus to let me lose again? The same simulator that doesn't start for another day yet, and Galactus is OVER?
This discussion has been closed.