Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    So... Now I can't get rewards after my Black Vortex matches. No point clears, No-Iso (Well +30 no skip.), no moving up the score ladder. I can play the match, But I can't gain any benefits from doing so...

Oh but I can still lose points for being attacked. Awesome.

It's like being spit on after Cenatus kicked me in the **** and said I can't see him. Raise my spirits random people. Someone photoshop John Cena Waving his hand in front of Big G's face as he eye lasers your team to death.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, no. This stays on the front page.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Right now we are all having issues with the event, with tokens, with , well, all sorts of things..

Instead of us Mods going through it all, and sending warnings and all that nonsense.. here it is.. a thread to get it all out, get it off your chest.

The only thing off limits in this thread is personal attacks..

So go ahead, say it, scream it, curse it, demolish it verbally... as long as you are not calling people out or making it personal... this is your spot to say the things we would normally move out

Please no circumventing the filter though.. kids to read this forum.

And you threatened to ban me for doing it yesterday...

You owe me an apology.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never thought I'd wish for a normal pve event to be running concurrent with a boss event...
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I have usually been able to earn the top progression award but am currently 300K into the 1.25M requirement and I don't think it is theoretical possible to reach it based on the lockout not refreshing. Has anyone done the math? 15 boss nodes and 15 essential nodes per day X 4 days = 60 each. You would need to average 20K per boss node = 1.2M and 1600 per essential 96K just to reach the 1.25M requirement. I don't know anyone in round 7 yet and am not sure how much you earn if you actually beat Galactus but it seems you would need to be near perfect to reach progression and everyone I know is getting slaughtered in Round 6 if not before that.

Oh yeah, plus the fact that it's been weeks since I have drawn a 4 star from any of the tokens (at least 80 2/3/4 star draws an not counting legendary) which is well below the stated draw rates and all anniversary tokens have been 2 stars. I do know alliance mates that have had good luck though so I'll just take it as my bad luck on draws.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    My next question is the Devs said they were having a lot of fun playing against Galactus???? What round were you playing and why did you think it was fun to be killed after 3 rounds? If Galacuts just killed 1 character I would have a chance, but NOOOO, D3 thought insta super whales after 3 matches was a much better idea. The mechanics of the CD to special tiles to absorption is a cool concept. Why on earth you thought letting him generate this much AP was a good idea and players would find it fun is beyond me

That's because the version the devs played was not the version we are playing. Less than 24 hours before going live they completely changed the gameplay of the event based on Forum discussions of strategy.

In Summary:

Original (actually sounds fun):
    Galactus spawned CD tiles that turned into Cosmic Tiles.
    Cosmic tiles turned into Black AP next turn.
    At 30 Black AP Galactus does 1,000,000 AOE damage.

Forum Strategizes. Someone mentions Starlord adding cost to Galactus attack stalling it.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to combat Starlord ability).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions Elektra and her Shadow Step.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to Destroy entire board, then cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to destroy Shadow Step tiles).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions She-hulk, OBW, Blade and all possible AP drain/steal techniques.

Galactus changed to CD tiles creating Cosmic Tiles (instead of turning into Cosmic Tiles), and Cosmic Tiles generating AP in ALL colors (to minimize the effectiveness of Shulk AP drain). It is unknown whether his strongest color was changed from black to blue, since we only found out during actual game play (which would have countered Blade's AP Drain).

Last change was done about 18 hours before the event went live. No way they play tested the 8 levels of Galactus during that time.
    I agree with wymtime's original statement here. None of those forum suggestions would have made a real difference. Some of them are sensible fixes (like Elektra). The real problem (in my mind) is that by Round 5 Galactus can collect 28 AP with just two countdowns and a small cascade. Getting lucky enough for a board that can match these first two count downs makes or breaks the run each time. As far as we know, that was the original design.

To solve a fun puzzle, I need a little luck, a little room for error, and most importantly, time to solve it. This is like being handed a rubik's cube and being ask to solve it in two moves. Either I can or I can't --- if I can --- it's not exactly going to be a challenge.

In the end, I don't think they know how to balance their own game. Apparently, the Devs feel they need to cut off the player on turn 4 in order to prevent some crazy synergy or infinite combo. Indeed, people have been complaining that they can't get their winfite or Prof X / GSBW combo off in 4 turns. Well, yeah, that's gotta be the intent of this design.

The problem is that the "Galactus solution" makes for a **** match-5 game.
  • this is how the developers celebrated the anniversary...

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/hap ... zle-quest/

...and the people playing (and paying) get moonstone tokens, tanked 4* odds and an utterly botched event. Screw wanting tinykitty free tokens as compensation, WHERE'S MY TRAMPOLINE PARTY?!
  • Have the best fight ever against Galactus, amazing board, about to kill....FORCE CLOSE.

Go back into the game, Galactus fight still open, but boosts and health gone.

Fight again get destroyed in 4 turns.

This game is really testing my patience.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with wymtime's original statement here. None of those forum suggestions would have made a real difference. Some of them are sensible fixes (like Elektra). The real problem (in my mind) is that by Round 5 Galactus can collect 28 AP with just two countdowns and a small cascade. Getting lucky enough for a board that can match these first two count downs makes or breaks the run each time. As far as we know, that was the original design..

The big change was the switch from countdowns becoming Cosmic tiles to countdowns creating cosmic tiles. If each countdown could only create one tile it would be a different game (so to speak).
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    I don't usually rant about gameplay and the like, but this is one event that has me scratching my head. I concur with what has been said and wonder why Galactus keeps gaining more tiles in each round. As if 2 ap per cosmic tile wasn't enough, by round 6 he is collecting 3 AP per tile. He puts out countdowns every round. He collects the cosmic HP every round after they are presented. He also can take the same AP collecting turn to put out "All your SuperWhales are belong to Us". If all of that wasn't bad enough Galactus can actually do damage when he sucks up the cosmic tiles. Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have found out what Batman would be like in this game. The only difference being that Batman, would make your move for you when you enter the match.

Oh and on a side note, who thought it was the greatest of ideas to have the scaling go up on the unlocking nodes? Yeah, I have about 3 teeth left...wait why are you trying to kick those out too??!!
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Harder essential nodes because Galactus wasn't draining health packs fast enough.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Various38 wrote:
    Yeah, I have about 3 teeth left...wait why are you trying to kick those out too??!!

You didn't know? The devs have an in with the tooth fairy.
    $1 ARPDAU, baby!
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    And now when you start the Black Vortex PvP event hoping to get double ISO rewards half of your matches just exit with no reward at all!
  • I haven't seen any mention of this, though there is a lot of posts so I may have missed it, but how about the joke that is double iso. Double what? I'm earning 1/3 of the iso I normally do on a daily basis because there's nothing to play! Even doubling our normal 20 iso reward 100 times a day is better than doubling zilch. I'm playing 6 nodes every 8 hours and deadpool daily which isn't doubled! I'm waiting to start the pvp in hopes of getting a better bracket to get more tokens that will most likely continue my trend of ALL 2*. This whole thing is a hot mess no matter what what angle you approach it from and the silent treatment is doing nothing but compounding the issues. Log in and tell us to f*** off, at least it's somthin!:/
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    - Crashes
    - Bugs (not receiving your ISO specifically)
    - A boss obviously not play-tested
    - No lightning rounds
    - Reduced token odds
    - Pushing Devil Dino on us like crazy, despite being a useless 4*

This whole situation stinks of lack of effort, but even more so, lack of thought. But hey, we got another 5* and 4* and another 4* on the way. It's obvious where all their thought and effort went.
    JVReal wrote:
    In Summary:

Original (actually sounds fun):
    Galactus spawned CD tiles that turned into Cosmic Tiles.
    Cosmic tiles turned into Black AP next turn.
    At 30 Black AP Galactus does 1,000,000 AOE damage.

Forum Strategizes. Someone mentions Starlord adding cost to Galactus attack stalling it.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to combat Starlord ability).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions Elektra and her Shadow Step.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to Destroy entire board, then cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to destroy Shadow Step tiles).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions She-hulk, OBW, Blade and all possible AP drain/steal techniques.

Galactus changed to CD tiles creating Cosmic Tiles (instead of turning into Cosmic Tiles), and Cosmic Tiles generating AP in ALL colors (to minimize the effectiveness of Shulk AP drain). It is unknown whether his strongest color was changed from black to blue, since we only found out during actual game play (which would have countered Blade's AP Drain).

Last change was done about 18 hours before the event went live. No way they play tested the 8 levels of Galactus during that time.

vader.jpg
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    heroguy35 wrote:
    I haven't seen any mention of this, though there is a lot of posts so I may have missed it, but how about the joke that is double iso. Double what? I'm earning 1/3 of the iso I normally do on a daily basis because there's nothing to play! Even doubling our normal 20 iso reward 100 times a day is better than doubling zilch. I'm playing 6 nodes every 8 hours and deadpool daily which isn't doubled! I'm waiting to start the pvp in hopes of getting a better bracket to get more tokens that will most likely continue my trend of ALL 2*. This whole thing is a hot mess no matter what what angle you approach it from and the silent treatment is doing nothing but compounding the issues. Log in and tell us to f*** off, at least it's somthin!:/

Perhaps I'm just lucky but this is the one area where (for me) the devs held up their promise. I've earned over 32k ISO so far from the Galactus Hungers and PVP (mostly from sold 2* covers and node rewards) so I have no complaints about that, my problem is the intense lack of covers (ALL 2*)
  • The forecast is that my alliance get two covers of Cyclope if it continues the way it is. Remember that we are not even halfway through the event.But it is useless because it has no grace. On current events I would have much more iso gain, coins and significant covers. If the birthday continue the way it is will be a failure.
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    i read the forums off and on, but decided that the anniversary situation warranted that i finally set up an account. this hasn't been pleasurable, and i realize that they've already come out with a statement that they have heard our tortured cries, but it took over a whole day for that?

the only thing that keeps me from chucking my phone in a river is that i got a 2500 hero point reward from a galactus token. i realize that not everyone has been as lucky. not even close to that lucky, for that matter. but it's allayed my complete hatred for this failed abortion of an event.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Venting:

Tinykitty you, d3!! Tinykitty you over and over! Cuz you sure like to tinykitty us!! How did you possibly think it would be FUN to get beat after 3 moves - in level 5 of 8??!? What in the tinykitty were you thinking??!? This does NOT motivate me to spend health packs or ISO, because it doesn't matter if I do. I manage around 2000 damage to G and then I'm toast. 2000!!! How many times would I have to fight him to ever lower his overall health to zero? Even if all the alliance was attacking - and then YOU LOCK US OUT so we can't keep attacking?!? What moron designed this game??!? Are you complete and total idiots??!? Yes, you tinykitty are!!!

"Happy Anniversary! Now bend over and let us give it to you again!"
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Fragging devs are out of their tinykitty minds. Three turn and players are dead!
This discussion has been closed.