Venting and Anger Thread - Please read OP Carefully!

Comments

• I really had high hopes for the anniversary events. The developers of this game have made some really poor decisions lately, and this was a huge opportunity for them to win a lot of goodwill back from the community. People were excited, and ready to spend money.

Now they completely screwed the pooch with the anniversary events. I mean seriously my faith in the developers is at an all time low right now. One bad idea after another lately. I'm not going to get all drama queen here but I've really got to think if I want to keep playing this game after the anniversary events. I won't abandon the alliance I'm in right now, but I'm heavily leaning towards walking away at the rate things are going right now. It's just not fun anymore and that is the sad part.
  • I'm bowing out of this Anniversary fiasco.

There's just no point in playing the Galactus event - I'm not going to waste boosts or health packs on this when I can save them to use during events that actually work and are attainable.

There's no point to buying covers - You've seen the pull rates: pathetic.

So there's no really no reason to bother playing this mess.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    the Galactus event KINDA REMINDS ME of a particular card game... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Untitled-1.png

...but, y'know, not "fun" or "replayable" or "something I'd want to share with friends".
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even worse, now the Black Vortex PvP is bugged too. I'm not getting rewards for finishing the fights. I'm getting the 30 ISO bonus for not hitting skip and that's it. The 1 place were we should actually be getting 2x ISO and we get zero.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Quick question. Did anyone else have the levels on the essentials just spike up?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Willis wrote:
    Quick question. Did anyone else have the levels on the essentials just spike up?

Great job fixing the levels of the nodes to unlock Galactus, devs. That really improved the experience exponentially.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Willis wrote:

Unfortunately icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    55 to 165. Yup. That's what you fix? Really? icon_lol.gif

tumblr_inline_nrjr5hy7a21qf76o9_500.jpg
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    55 to 165. Yup. That's what you fix? Really? icon_lol.gif

Everything is now working as originally intended. We meant for two kicks to the private parts not just one. Please continue to enjoy!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take. The tinykitty. Event. DOWN.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unbelievable. Hey red guys - get a clue, wouldja? All the things we're collectively venting about, and your developers take time to do that? What were they thinking? "Hey this event's going so badly for y'all now, so let's take a figurative spit in your eye too! HAHA!" icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm done. I'll take a poke every 8 hours, but no more than that, and my alliance is only on round 4, which is clearly where we're going to finsh. The last Galactus board wiped me on turn 4 or 5 or however fast he got his 30 AP, because every CD dropped somewhere where I couldn't do anything about it. No freaking fun at all.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    But WHO un-stickied this, tho??????

lol
  • Honestly the more time the server is down the less time I spend pissed off losing to Galactus
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Wait a minute. The cosmic tiles are supposed to generate 2 AP. Do they generate 3AP by round 4 now?
  • When all else fails, use Deadpool Whales!

What happens when that fails? icon_lol.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    patrice789 wrote:
    Wait a minute. The cosmic tiles are supposed to generate 2 AP. Do they generate 3AP by round 4 now?

They generate 4 each in round 6 icon_neutral.gif
  • Won a **** match in PVP, 10 ISO. THAT'S NOT **** DOUBLE! WHAT IS THAT?!

Played Galactus, got destroyed after a tile cascade on turn 2. TURN **** TWO!! This is in round 4.

Said **** it, going to play Tex-Mex. Silver Surfer caused my PVP to go sky-high!

I was content yesterday, but now.........

I have a feeling I'm done being a whaler and just going to play the game out it's intended F2P.

Sick of paying to not just lose, but get my **** **** outright handed to me every **** time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just backward, you should be getting more points as rounds increase but you're not, I've had R6 attempts where I did as little as 800 damage. With Ultron in later rounds ever if you failed you had time to do some meaningful damage
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just tried round 6 and OMG 3 turn insta death. So galactus drops 3X 2 turn CD tiles each round??? So I have 2 turns to try and match 3 tiles on AP colors I may or may not need and if I don't I'm dead! So if I boost 4 AP in any one color and get a super cascade in round 1 or 2 I'm dead.

The only way I am looking at this is BWGS and Prfesor X and you get a purple match 5 after boosting 4 AP to purple and green. You could then take Galactus down with 2-3 match 5's of green and a possible Sniper rifle. Think about that for a moment as a player I need to generate 19 green AP in 3 moves with a random board to have a chance to win?

My next question is the Devs said they were having a lot of fun playing against Galactus???? What round were you playing and why did you think it was fun to be killed after 3 rounds? If Galacuts just killed 1 character I would have a chance, but NOOOO, D3 thought insta super whales after 3 matches was a much better idea. The mechanics of the CD to special tiles to absorption is a cool concept. Why on earth you thought letting him generate this much AP was a good idea and players would find it fun is beyond me
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    This is just backward, you should be getting more points as rounds increase but you're not, I've had R6 attempts where I did as little as 800 damage. With Ultron in later rounds ever if you failed you had time to do some meaningful damage
    I took in IF specifically so his attack tile guarantees me 690 points starting with turn 2, ending in turn 3 or 4... lol.
    wymtime wrote:
    My next question is the Devs said they were having a lot of fun playing against Galactus???? What round were you playing and why did you think it was fun to be killed after 3 rounds? If Galacuts just killed 1 character I would have a chance, but NOOOO, D3 thought insta super whales after 3 matches was a much better idea. The mechanics of the CD to special tiles to absorption is a cool concept. Why on earth you thought letting him generate this much AP was a good idea and players would find it fun is beyond me
    That's because the version the devs played was not the version we are playing. Less than 24 hours before going live they completely changed the gameplay of the event based on Forum discussions of strategy.

In Summary:

Original (actually sounds fun):
    Galactus spawned CD tiles that turned into Cosmic Tiles.
    Cosmic tiles turned into Black AP next turn.
    At 30 Black AP Galactus does 1,000,000 AOE damage.

Forum Strategizes. Someone mentions Starlord adding cost to Galactus attack stalling it.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to combat Starlord ability).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions Elektra and her Shadow Step.

Galactus changed to 28 Black AP to Destroy entire board, then cast his 1,000,000 AOE Damage attack (to destroy Shadow Step tiles).

Forum strategizes. Someone mentions She-hulk, OBW, Blade and all possible AP drain/steal techniques.

Galactus changed to CD tiles creating Cosmic Tiles (instead of turning into Cosmic Tiles), and Cosmic Tiles generating AP in ALL colors (to minimize the effectiveness of Shulk AP drain). It is unknown whether his strongest color was changed from black to blue, since we only found out during actual game play (which would have countered Blade's AP Drain).

Last change was done about 18 hours before the event went live. No way they play tested the 8 levels of Galactus during that time.
This discussion has been closed.