Deadpool's Daily & The 4-Star Transition

Options
12345679»

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed - Deadpool-ify Growth Industry, make it run for the full five day DDQ cycle, and make the reward either a specific 4-star cover or a legendary token (letting the player decide which he or she preferred, a token or that cycle's specific cover would be awesome, but probably unlikely.)
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I seldom come to the forums anymore, mostly a product of a busy work schedule.

It's that same schedule that makes almost all the current ways to reach those all important legendary tokens even harder to reach.

I'm no stranger to putting work into this game, and almost always more work than feels warranted for the 'reward' being given. That's kinda neither here nor there since that aspect is driven mainly by the player base and what everyone else is willing to 'pay' with thier time (or indeed with money for those with the option of that shortcut).

I'm just not tapping that 1300 reward, but as mentioned it's not a lack of willingness to put in the work. It's the confounded pvp system. If you aren't sporting the latest flavor of OP-Ness (fistbuster, jeanbuster, carnage, thing, xdp), you'll not hit 1300 without significant shield hopping. How do you shield hop when you float at 500 on one night, then climb from 400 to 900 ish the next night after work when the event is now 4-5 hours from ending? You basically get one more shield to cross over 1k and maintain points for alliance rank, unless you are willing to use a 24 as well, but you aren't doing that more than once in a blue moon because it isn't sustainable.

If you aren't able to shield hop on the schedule of their timer system, you just don't have access to that second 4* card (now in the handy dandy form of the rng card they so love to push on us). With the number of 4* in the list, which continues to grow, you aren't even getting a single card per character per season.

The PVE system in this game burns you out. The redundant events run over and over and over, ad nauseum, combined with fighting the same opponents for the most part... If I never face off against another over scaled tinydaken, ares, juggy, etc again, it'd be pretty ok with that. From above its probably pretty easy to see I wasn't getting any 4* from pve, except for release events, so with only 8 3* covers left to gather, there wasn't a lot left to gain from that mode, and that was pretty ok with me. Focus for a short time on release events, and focus on pvp. Maybe 3 clears of a sub on 8 hr timers doesn't feel like a lot of work to get that new legendary progression to some , but it feels like a ton of work for me. Work I now feel like I have to put in, as it's at least attainable, unlike 1300 in pvp. But it also adds a very significant time commitment into a mode I was pretty well ready to happily leave behind.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say here is my 3* transition isn't just accomplished, but everything in it is almost complete. Yet, because of the way 4* are being held back, the transition into the tier is going to be insanely slow. Even for those with the time and resources to shield hop thier way to 1300, you are still fighting against the top character comps, just to earn a token that might give you something usable, and eventually maybe finally make it to the top yourself. Except no, cause the games designers have decided to move the bar away even further than the pace your chasing it, and you just sit there and wonder how the top players even completed these jeanbusters in the first place... oh, that's right, they had the top characters before that got nerfed right after I completed them with 7500 hp earned the hard way through gameplay.

I was truly hoping dpd4 was going to be the answer to that conundrum, but as implemented, this will add very few 4* cards into a roster that really only needs them. 1 colossus black, 1 be3 purple and 5 for vision... a 3* from a token that is usable is even more rare than a flashing gold.

If the tier of play before it is that complete, why should the next tier be so hard to work into? I can continue to put in the same amount of work that got me to this point, but it'll mostly be just spinning my wheels because an attainable reward at the end of it is lacking. Add in the preview node for silver surfer as a vision of the next pvp wall to come... that node screams at me, just give up now.

I'm not without covered 4* either, so often enough the 1k pvp progression is just iso. XF, IW, and SL aren't going to help much, because the tier is so poorly balanced. XF is max leveled and still makes me a bigger target if I use him on a week he's not buffed. IW and SL are never seen in pvp even on thier buffed weeks except once in a blue moon. Dropping the 400 iso they both need wouldn't help me too much I don't think. Are either of them going to be able to beat a 270 1on1, even if I did? I'm dubious on that. Fury is usable at 250 and 3/5/4, so I may pull out a win on the very next 4* dpd node, but after that...

I feel my prospects to continue progress in this game I love are pretty bleak.
  • I'll add my likely to be ignored voice to the masses when I say the new 4 star challenge is too hard for most players. The thing about the DPD for me is, it's a casual way for me to play and still progress, but how am I supposed to progress if the game is moving towards 4 stars and up until recently they were "ultra-rare". I know it seems cliche, but the people that seem to be saying "it's not that bad" or "I did it easily" probably don't really need the covers that badly, whereas people like myself with largely 3 star rosters that have very few 4 star covers and would benefit greatly from an achievable 4 star node are essentially locked out barring lucky boards.

I want to replay an impossible mission as many times as possible hoping for a lucky cascade, said no one ever.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I can't add anything that others haven't already said.

Out of all the PvE recurring events, the one I never get tired of is the DDQ. Now every 5 days I get a stick with a carrot on the end that is always just out of reach.

Sure, I have some 4* characters. None of them have more than 4 covers, most are stuck at 1. Even if I wanted to use HP, I can only max 1 power, hardly going to solve anything that way.

I've decided to take a step back, relax, and wait until d3 has some more info on the 4* transition. The current options available don't fit the way I want to play this game. I do want to play, but I can't devote the time and I can't afford to spend the money.

Here's hoping for a deadpools weekly quest where your essential 4* unlocks a possibility of completing your 4*.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think one of the major issues is that a lot of people aren't understanding that this is part of the upper tier of transitioning to the 4-star level. Both nodes I've beaten, the first with a 5/5/3 lv170 Wolverine, and the second with a 2/2/4 lv168 Nick Fury. It seems like ~lv170 seems to be the sweet spot, though I have heard of a lot of people clearing it with lower level characters.

D3 came out at some point in the past saying that the 4* transition should take somewhere around 6 months from the 3* transition, and at some point in those six months, players will find themselves with a 7-8 cover character who is capable of this node. However, just like hitting 800 in PVP to aid the 3* transition, this definitely isn't achievable out of the gate. I can definitely understand a lot of people's confusion, as DDP is generally the first point of the 3* transition newer players master, but this node absolutely isn't, and shouldn't be considered, the first port of call for the latter 4* transition.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think one of the major issues is that a lot of people aren't understanding that this is part of the upper tier of transitioning to the 4-star level. <snip>

I can definitely understand a lot of people's confusion, as DDP is generally the first point of the 3* transition newer players master, but this node absolutely isn't, and shouldn't be considered, the first port of call for the latter 4* transition.

I agree with you here. I'm at a stage where every gold cover pull is just iso to me, but the 4* DDQ is the quickest way for me to continue developing my 4* roster (and 5* beyond that).

It very much seems to me that the progression is at this stage:
    - transitioning 2-3* roster - Big Enchilada, PvE, PvP to accrue some usuable 3*s
    - upper tier transitioning 3* roster - Big Enchilada, PvP 800 progression
    - max 3* roster - PvP 1000 progression
    - once you have enough 4* covers, then it's the 4* DDQ node.

Sprinkle in a few Legendary tokens from PvE progression there too.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    I think one of the major issues is that a lot of people aren't understanding that this is part of the upper tier of transitioning to the 4-star level. <snip>

I can definitely understand a lot of people's confusion, as DDP is generally the first point of the 3* transition newer players master, but this node absolutely isn't, and shouldn't be considered, the first port of call for the latter 4* transition.

I agree with you here. I'm at a stage where every gold cover pull is just iso to me, but the 4* DDQ is the quickest way for me to continue developing my 4* roster (and 5* beyond that).

It very much seems to me that the progression is at this stage:
    - transitioning 2-3* roster - Big Enchilada, PvE, PvP to accrue some usuable 3*s
    - upper tier transitioning 3* roster - Big Enchilada, PvP 800 progression
    - max 3* roster - PvP 1000 progression

- once you have enough 4* covers, then it's the 4* DDQ node.

Sprinkle in a few Legendary tokens from PvE progression there too.

While I can appreciate what you're saying it's a bit isolated, just the bolded parts.

With the 1000 being the 4 star and 1300 being guaranteed 4, and the nature of pvp, you can't get to 800 without the featured character nearly maxed out already. odds are that cover is either your last or nearly it, or you have it already. I don't see someone getting or staying at 800 with just the loaner.
    It really needs lowering.
    800 and 1000 aren't as far as they were before, if you can reach 800 you can reach 1000, because the people at 800 now are those who were up near 1300 and got knocked down.

Otherwise they truly should just make it a 5 star icon in DDQ and just make a little announcement thing, and maybe consider something to help smooth the path to the DDQ 5 star. (because i'm assuming this is just an addendum for 5 stars not so much a 4 star transition in any way, while it does have a 95% chance, it's meant to operate like heroics where by the time you get more heroics, 50% of it is of no use to you)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

While I can appreciate what you're saying it's a bit isolated, just the bolded parts.

With the 1000 being the 4 star and 1300 being guaranteed 4, and the nature of pvp, you can't get to 800 without the featured character nearly maxed out already. odds are that cover is either your last or nearly it, or you have it already. I don't see someone getting or staying at 800 with just the loaner.
    It really needs lowering.
    800 and 1000 aren't as far as they were before, if you can reach 800 you can reach 1000, because the people at 800 now are those who were up near 1300 and got knocked down.

Otherwise they truly should just make it a 5 star icon in DDQ and just make a little announcement thing, and maybe consider something to help smooth the path to the DDQ 5 star. (because i'm assuming this is just an addendum for 5 stars not so much a 4 star transition in any way, while it does have a 95% chance, it's meant to operate like heroics where by the time you get more heroics, 50% of it is of no use to you)
    Really? I made it to 1k with the loaner Mystique
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At 1 cover every 2.5 days (1000 PVP), and 15 4* characters in existence, you're talking about 1.5 months to get 1 cover for each character (assuming you take 1 week off or miss it 1-2 times). After 9 months, you'll have about 6 covers per character assuming you make 1K on every PVP you participate. Assuming you already have at least 1 cover of every 4*, you've got a 7-cover character after 9 months, which puts your max level for those characters at 147. If you're making the legendary token on 4 PvEs a month, that's another ~2.5 covers per character (assuming a relatively even spread with no 5*s), which gets you to level 188 to low 200s.

That's not a transition taking 6-8 months, that's playing yourself into the ground for 9 months and still being on average 3 covers away for each character.
    fmftint wrote:

Wow, already? Grats. What team were you running and which slice?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At 1 cover every 2.5 days (1000 PVP), and 15 4* characters in existence, you're talking about 1.5 months to get 1 cover for each character (assuming you take 1 week off or miss it 1-2 times). After 9 months, you'll have about 6 covers per character assuming you make 1K on every PVP you participate. Assuming you already have at least 1 cover of every 4*, you've got a 7-cover character after 9 months, which puts your max level for those characters at 147. If you're making the legendary token on 4 PvEs a month, that's another ~2.5 covers per character (assuming a relatively even spread with no 5*s), which gets you to level 188 to low 200s.

That's not a transition taking 6-8 months, that's playing yourself into the ground for 9 months and still being on average 3 covers away for each character.
    fmftint wrote:

Wow, already? Grats. What team were you running and which slice?
    Slice 1, max Cage, max She Hulk