Deadpool's Daily & The 4-Star Transition

Options

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    Read his post. He basically rips on each aspect of the game that brought legendary tokens.

If he doesn't want to grind, and doesn't want to hit pvp/ddq progressions and doesn't want to spend any money, how the freak is he supposed to get legendary tokens?

Any other changes would be as easy as 'handing them out for free.' Sure, you can claim "they should have an easier ddq' or 'they should make legendary tokens for 800 in pvp or replace the first 3* in PVE progressions with legendary' but that's essentially handing them out for free.

At some point you need to know your place in the game, and you work to get to a higher place. That's not just something that's necessary to learn in the game, but also life. I don't automatically make what my dad currently makes, or get the size of house he currently has. It's all progression and while it sucks not having access to the best, that doesn't mean you can't get to it or that you need it handed to you.

I read his post; I agree with some but not all of it. Did you read mine? Cos you sort of completely ignore my argument and restate the exact moral argument that I am discussing. If you think that an easier legendary token would be bad for the game, then explain why that is true! Don't just rely on moral arguments about "earning your way" in the game (and life).

If you get to declare that legendaries at 800 in PVP is "essentially handing them out for free" then I could declare that a 270 3* 1v1 in ddq is "essentially impossible for anyone but the elite." But that's not exactly a productive discussion.

(And to be clear: this is not intended as a personal attack on you Barrok. I merely disagree with your position and the rhetorical devices you have used to argue your position.)
    A legendary token at 800 is an interesting idea. While you have to actually achieve it, and put in the time (somewhere around 1:15), making it decidedly not "free", it's still a very reachable goal, especially for anyone with a 3* roster. It's not a hard argument to make that this could easily end up being bad for the game, at least in the short term. You would have those 4* transitioners (the ones that have 7+ covers in multiple 4*) rapidly finishing off those characters. The guys with just 1 or 2 covers in each 4* would feel like they're progressing at least, cause they are accumulating covers at a much faster rate, however they will start running into the "4* wall" sooner and sooner with more people finishing off their 4*, which could lead to increasing frustrations and people leaving the game. This is nothing to speak toward the people normally hitting 1300 now getting double the legendary tokens and there will be a few lucky blokes with moderately covered 5* before too long.

Now, if the devs decide they want more of the game to be played at the 4* level, this would be a good move to make. They would need to increase the 3* rewards even more than they already have though, to accelerate the 3* transition so players can start the 4* transition. Extend placement covers by a lot, keep the 3* progression but now at an even lower level, increase 3* odds in heroic/event tokens A LOT, etc. Anyway, it's not the worst idea, but lots of other things probably need to happen before they make this move. I'm excited (or at least very interested) to see what this new game mode is that will help the 4*/5* transition. I hope it comes soon!
  • Konman wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    i guess we just need:

"Log into the game daily, get free 4*". Should make it easy so you don't have to grind PVE, or play PVP or spend any money on the game. Granted, once you get this fancy new 4* (or 5*), you won't really use it because you don't want to grind pve or hit higher PVP progressions.

That's a terrible guess. But attack me and not the points I made. Its not a matter of "want" anyway. I play mostly PVP, and I "want" to get as high as I can, I want to earn the 4*, and often do, but I have never come close to the 1300, pre or post token. Nearly all the 4* covers I have are from the 1000 pt pvp progression, with a few random pulls, and a couple resupplies. I was hoping to address the idea of the transition, and the current inadequate implementation.

The implementation has been around for what, a few days? How can we make an assessment on its results with just a few days to look at?

In my alliance already a few of the 3* to 4* transitioners have got multiple 4*'s they have been able to use from legendary tokens. This has been an incredible help to them.

So, just because you only like to PVP, doesn't make offering a 4* PVE reward unhelpful. Hitting the legendary token progression isn't very difficult (it's not this grind fest you made it out to be).

Basically, it sounds like you have a specific way you want to play the game and this new reward structure doesn't matchup to how you want it to. At some point, maybe it isn't their implementation that's the problem it is your lack of desire to play other aspects of the game or to spend the necessary time to hit progressions.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    Read his post. He basically rips on each aspect of the game that brought legendary tokens.

If he doesn't want to grind, and doesn't want to hit pvp/ddq progressions and doesn't want to spend any money, how the freak is he supposed to get legendary tokens?

Any other changes would be as easy as 'handing them out for free.' Sure, you can claim "they should have an easier ddq' or 'they should make legendary tokens for 800 in pvp or replace the first 3* in PVE progressions with legendary' but that's essentially handing them out for free.

At some point you need to know your place in the game, and you work to get to a higher place. That's not just something that's necessary to learn in the game, but also life. I don't automatically make what my dad currently makes, or get the size of house he currently has. It's all progression and while it sucks not having access to the best, that doesn't mean you can't get to it or that you need it handed to you.

I read his post; I agree with some but not all of it. Did you read mine? Cos you sort of completely ignore my argument and restate the exact moral argument that I am discussing. If you think that an easier legendary token would be bad for the game, then explain why that is true! Don't just rely on moral arguments about "earning your way" in the game (and life).

If you get to declare that legendaries at 800 in PVP is "essentially handing them out for free" then I could declare that a 270 3* 1v1 in ddq is "essentially impossible for anyone but the elite." But that's not exactly a productive discussion.

(And to be clear: this is not intended as a personal attack on you Barrok. I merely disagree with your position and the rhetorical devices you have used to argue your position.)

In PVP, you aren't visible to everyone until after 800 right? Any solid 3* roster should be able to get 800 (after 800 everyone hits you and it sucks...). If you can't hit 800, then you aren't in the 4* transition... you need to focus more on your 3*'s. These new token's are NOT a way to leap over the 3* transition, they are a way to supplement the 4* transition. If they were offered at 800, then people could basically skip over much of the 3* transition (just have a few solid 3*'s to get to 800). Having them at 1000 and 1300 seems very reasonable. I have people in my alliance who hit 1300 with just maxed 3*'s, it just takes some patience and shield hopping.

Ice showed some numbers on people beating the DDQ node and it seemed that it was accomplished by many who were not 'the elite.'

This isn't some battle between the have's and have not's. You can disagree with someone wanting it easier without being an elite. There's so many 4*'s I won't be able to complete in their DDQ but I am not going to complain about it. I am going to keep playing and hit the goals that I can and steadily increase my roster so I can complete those as well (I hit 1300 for the first time the other day and it was a super accomplishment... and made me HP poor lol).

Anyway, I think people need to give this more than 2 days before they determine if the changes have been a failure or not.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    A legendary token at 800 is an interesting idea. While you have to actually achieve it, and put in the time (somewhere around 1:15), making it decidedly not "free", it's still a very reachable goal, especially for anyone with a 3* roster. It's not a hard argument to make that this could easily end up being bad for the game, at least in the short term. You would have those 4* transitioners (the ones that have 7+ covers in multiple 4*) rapidly finishing off those characters. The guys with just 1 or 2 covers in each 4* would feel like they're progressing at least, cause they are accumulating covers at a much faster rate, however they will start running into the "4* wall" sooner and sooner with more people finishing off their 4*, which could lead to increasing frustrations and people leaving the game. This is nothing to speak toward the people normally hitting 1300 now getting double the legendary tokens and there will be a few lucky blokes with moderately covered 5* before too long.

Now, if the devs decide they want more of the game to be played at the 4* level, this would be a good move to make. They would need to increase the 3* rewards even more than they already have though, to accelerate the 3* transition so players can start the 4* transition. Extend placement covers by a lot, keep the 3* progression but now at an even lower level, increase 3* odds in heroic/event tokens A LOT, etc. Anyway, it's not the worst idea, but lots of other things probably need to happen before they make this move. I'm excited (or at least very interested) to see what this new game mode is that will help the 4*/5* transition. I hope it comes soon!

Other than responding to Barrok's post, I honestly have never thought about a legendary or 4* reward at 800 in PVP, but it would be a fairly big shift in the reward structure.

But in any event, I think the devs have decided to make more of the game played at the 4* level. They have stopped released 3*s at all, have quintupled the number of 4*s in just a few months, and now release 4*s at exactly the same that 3*s were released for most of the last year. 4* land is the heart of the end-game (just as 3* land used to be).

It seems to me that if demiurge is going to release 4*s at the same rate that it used to release 3*s, then it should also reward 4*s at more or less the same rate as it used to reward 3*s. Instead they are just trying to pass out the same amount of content through a noticeably smaller hole. No wonder the player-base is getting agitated.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    things would change dramatically if they increased 4s and 3s in tokens dramatically - talking 4*s going from 4% to 10+% and 3*s from 28% to 40%. that would alleviate a lot. to me the 900pt token should be the tweener token they skipped over - the rare (or whatever word you'd like) that guaranteed a 3* but had a small chance at a 4*. they seem to have skipped over that step but lets see whats coming - from the original post here:

"- (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions."

sounds interesting.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Other than responding to Barrok's post, I honestly have never thought about a legendary or 4* reward at 800 in PVP, but it would be a fairly big shift in the reward structure.

But in any event, I think the devs have decided to make more of the game played at the 4* level. They have stopped released 3*s at all, have quintupled the number of 4*s in just a few months, and now release 4*s at exactly the same that 3*s were released for most of the last year. 4* land is the heart of the end-game (just as 3* land used to be).

It seems to me that if demiurge is going to release 4*s at the same rate that it used to release 3*s, then it should also reward 4*s at more or less the same rate as it used to reward 3*s. Instead they are just trying to pass out the same amount of content through a noticeably smaller hole. No wonder the player-base is getting agitated.

Did you watch the monthly video? They specifically stated that these new changes were geared towards the upper end of the game. That was the focus. It isn't trying to move the entire player base to the 4* level and skip the 2* 3* etc levels.

If/when they want to progress people quicker, increasing 3* rewards and especially increasing ISO rewards would go a long way to getting people up to the 4* transition quicker. Having to take months and months of earning ISO just to get some 3*'s to acceptable levels is very frustrating.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am here to say that out of my 3 Legendary tokens so far I have pulled: 3 icon_starlord.png

Not a huge help in my 3-4* transition. That is all...
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's only true if and only if legendary tokens only give out 4*s.

So by that same logic, since legendary tokens offer 5*s, they should test your 4*s.

There's a logical fallacy here. For months, they were saying that the 4* DPD would help with the 3-4* transition. They created the expectation that it would be a harder version of the 3* version - namely, a single cover of the featured character is required to access it and if you beat the node, the payout is the featured 4*.

Instead we got a 4* token (good), but the 5* part wasn't mentioned until they released Legendary tokens and SS this month (and that no one even asked for or wanted). So for ~6 months we were led to believe it would be part of the 4* progression. Then they decided to release 5*'s and shifted it to be 5* progression, skipping over the promised 3-4* progression entirely.

The fact is, they initially promised one thing with this when it was first proposed, and said little to nothing to indicate otherwise until they'd already slipped in 5* tier last minute to compensate for "making 4* progression easier". This is their standard bait-and-switch that they've pulled as long as I've played this game (pretend to listen to feedback, and do something superficial to say you did, but counterbalance it with something else that either mostly or completely negates the positive elements of said changes). DPD was refreshing when it was introduced exactly because it seemed like they were actually listening, and it was an authentic new mechanic that eased over progression while making it possible for people who wanted to play casually/semi-casually. The 4* DPD, as first proposed, and until very late (basically near release) would have done this for the 3-4* transition, once every 5 days. The DPD, as implemented, is back to the same old pattern of superficially saying they're going to implement something to reduce the grind, while counterbalancing it with some element that largely or completely negates any of the positive elements.

It's pretty insulting to call people who were expecting a playable 4* DPD node lazy or moochers, when for nearly the entire time up until release of 5*'s and the new node, it was presented as a continuation of the standard DPD design. It's equally insulting for the devs to come out, ignoring the fact that the 4* DPD was originally a player request to make the 3-4* transition easier, and say that they never implied it would be easy (or anything other than borderline impossible even with a reasonably covered 4*). I think given the nature of DPD, the origin of the 4* DPD idea, and the communication about it for the majority of the past 6 months, most players had a reasonable expectation that the 4* node would be a continuation of that event type, rather than some kind of nightmare node. It's a reasonable expectation that it would have been geared toward 3-4* players, rather than 4-5* players, especially when for that entire period there was no such thing as a 5*.

Actually, if you look at the terminology I used, I went out of my way to ensure it was not a logical fallacy.

Second, it is helping the 3* to 4* transition. I'm in that myself as are friends and it is helping.

Third, read everything they wrote in the op. They are still tweaking the transition process and the end even say more stuff is coming.

Fourth, Let's try this another way. If the first 4* node had been level 100 spidey with no tup s, pretty much, everyone would have beat it. This would have been followed by them increasing the difficulty and upsetting a lot more people. More importantly, they would have no useful data. They'd be starting all over from scratch trying to tweak the level of difficulty to an appropriate level.

Rather they started out with probably the hardest possible fight we'll ever get in that node. Now they can take that data (which they already told us they are doing, not sure why a few people act like nothing is going to change) and they can tweak it for the next run. They'll probably constantly be reevaluating the results for a long time (forever?).

Lastly, I'm tired of people twisting truths. Players are the ones that assumed 4* dpdq would be panacea, one stop solution to a 4* transition. Granted that may be what players asked for. However, MPQ never said that was what they were doing. MPQ has consistently stated this was meant to be one piece (of many) to help that process. They continue to do lots if things as previously noted to aid that process as the 4* tier becomes more and more developed.

DPDQ is not supposed to be an automatic 4*+ cover on a set calendar basis. That is what the daily drop system is for. It is supposed to be an opportunity. Opportunity and guaranteed success are not synonyms. Opportunity means that you might fail or have to further improve before you can overcome an obstacle.
  • I am here to say that out of my 3 Legendary tokens so far I have pulled: 3 icon_starlord.png

Not a huge help in my 3-4* transition. That is all...

until the Starlord DDQ shows up, and you have a starlord you can use icon_razz.gif
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2015
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    Did you watch the monthly video? They specifically stated that these new changes were geared towards the upper end of the game. That was the focus. It isn't trying to move the entire player base to the 4* level and skip the 2* 3* etc levels.

If/when they want to progress people quicker, increasing 3* rewards and especially increasing ISO rewards would go a long way to getting people up to the 4* transition quicker. Having to take months and months of earning ISO just to get some 3*'s to acceptable levels is very frustrating.

I did better than watch the video. I read the transcript. And they do talk about what they call the Elder Game. But they very clearly define the elder game as the transition from 3* to 4*. Here is a quote from the section of the transcript entitled "The Elder Game":
    We've been releasing more 4-Stars, so that gameplay at the 4-Star level is more rich and more varied. And in order to support that we've also increased the rate at which it's possible to get 4-Stars and the number of different places that you can get 4-Stars.

and here is another:
    Because we're going to add, in addition to a way to get these new 5-Stars, we're going to add new ways to get new 4-Stars. And the biggest one, we've got a couple planned, but the one we're here to talk about today is a new type of store called the Legendary Store.

Which one of those says that the 3*-->4* transition wasn't a topic of the video?

And who said anything about skipping the 2* and 3* level. This is about how players transition from the 3* level to the 4* level.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    DPDQ is not supposed to be an automatic 4*+ cover on a set calendar basis. That is what the daily drop system is for. It is supposed to be an opportunity. Opportunity and guaranteed success are not synonyms. Opportunity means that you might fail or have to further improve before you can overcome an obstacle.

What does that even mean!? DDQ is an entirely arbitrary construct! It is only supposed to be whatever demiurge says it is. Imagine this: next week, demiurge had releases a new event. Every node in this event rewards an Ultra-legendary token pack that guarantees five 5* covers. Each node costs 1000 HP to play, and they are all filled with level 450 juggernaut and two goons that fed him 3xred and 3xgreen ap each turn, and cast healing countdowns. The entire event was titled "You can't possibly win! Hahaha!" People would obviously flip out. Would you spring to its defense saying "'You can't possibly win! Hahaha!' is not supposed to be a progression tool. It's supposed to be an artistic statement on the futility of life and ultimate nihilism of the freemium gaming model"?

This example is intentionally absurd, but my point is that nothing in this game "has" to be any particularly way. Not matter what you or demiurge think the DDQ is "supposed" to be, there is nothing wrong with players suggesting to demiurge whatever they think ddq 'should' be. You don't have to agree with them. They might be crazy wrong. But you shouldn't rely on absolutist arguments with respect to arbitrary game mechanics.
  • Here is some of the first things said in the video:

Will - So, this video is directed mostly at veteran players who have been playing for a while and are working on 4-Stars to whom Silver Surfer is most relevant.

Will - We've got lots of new stuff coming through the rest of the year for everybody, but today we want to talk about how the experience for the most advanced players are changing, what we call the elder game.

I see 'veteran' players and 'most advanced players'. I don't see anything about helping people who haven't even finished their 3* rosters and who only have a few 4*'s with a cover or 2. You still have to go through the game progression.

Granted, they can still focus on that PVE legendary (which has been something people having been complaining about forever, and now people are complaining it requires too much of a grind...). That, coupled with random pack 4*'s, and possibly hitting 1000 in PVP, should get you on your way to taking on some 4* DDQ's in the future.
  • snip

Translation into English: The devs are happy to hear what players want, say they're going to implement something like that, let people believe for months that it'll be implemented the way they asked for, and only release details about how it'll actually work last minute (which almost always is in some manner that does absolutely nothing to address why people were asking for it in the first place). And as Vhailorx and others have noted, they specifically talked about 4* DPD in the context of a 3-4* transition.

Hence why I call it bait and switch.

In terms of claiming that it's "just one part of the solution", my counter is that it's no part of the solution. A playable node that somewhat reliably gave a 4* if you had at least one cover of the featured character would be part of the solution (the same way the 3* node that takes skill but can be reliably beaten is PART of the 2-3* solution). But this is all about the 5* transition. It's designed for players with maxed 4*'s to have a *chance* at a 5*. The only thing I agree with you on is that a super-hard first run potentially means that they'll seriously tone it down for the future once they've looked at the data. I hope so, and that's pretty much the only reason I'm waiting until the second run on the 20th before I decide whether or not to keep playing or delete my roster/ the app (or alternatively, I guess, just sandbox myself and stop giving them more money... ever).

My 9 cover XF took him down to 2k the first time I played the node, with maxed boosts. Played the node 20+ times after that, ran through all my boosts, and never came anywhere even remotely close to the first match, just tons and tons of instant death from off-the-board cascades that were impossible to predict and resulted in a same or next turn KO. That's a massive difficulty increase from the 3* node where it can be completed with 2*'s without boosts. It's effectively like adding a 395 Tetris Ultron w/ allies node at the 1300 mark in PvP - completely arbitrary and out of character with the rest of the event. Somehow I bet you'd be screaming "hell and high water" if that were the case (not to mention the 300+ points you'd lose as you tried to beat it over and over again).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Before I start in on my response, I just wanted to thank you for this post. I was feeling fairly discouraged after the first 4* DDQ, because I only have two other 4* with more covers than Wolverine, and both of THOSE only have four covers. This...I'm not gonna say it reverses the discouragement, because that would be a lie, but it's good to see this communication.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]The 4-Star Deadpool’s Daily Quest was designed to be significantly challenging.

There's "challenging" and "don't bother." For many of us, the first 4* fell into that camp. That's a balancing issue. Yeah, Cyclops is one of the heavier hitters, and I dig that. But it's possible to preserve a challenge without making the fight 'whoops too easy' for the builds which have more covers. Have it scale down for weaker covers. Not necessarily to parity, I'm not arguing that, but a 270 Cyclops does not present an equal challenge for a 2/4/2 compared to a 1/2/1. The former has a shot, the latter is being brushed off.
    - The opponent currently gets a Team-Up while the player doesn’t. The player not getting Team-Ups was a very late design choice. However, the enemy Team-Ups cannot be disabled without a client change (without disabling Team-Ups for the entire Deadpool’s Daily). This client change is planned, but due to our production pipeline, shouldn’t be expected in the near future.

I'd just be curious why player team-ups can be disabled without a client change but AI team-ups can't. That seems like some goofy code.
    4-Star Transition
    One thing that we believe has gone largely unrealized by many of our players (possibly due to miscommunication, possibly due to simple misunderstanding) is that the Deadpool’s Daily Quest token is not, and was not meant to be, the single way that we intend players to transition towards 4-Star rosters.

I don't think it was that people thought it was the 'single way,' so much as that for many of us, it seemed like the best route available. I don't enjoy PvP. I don't. Maybe I would if half the rewards in PvE weren't also glorified PvP, because it would seem like something fresh and different. But part of why I'm disinclined to chase 4-Star covers in PvP as well is the "shield hop" mechanic. I'm not interested in spending money on shields for the "possibility" of reaching 1000 points or 1300 points (or 2000 points in the Simulator). Where the progression rewards in PvE are alluring is that if I have the time and desire, I CAN reach them. In PvP, the time and the desire aren't enough - you need also to either spend money or have uncommonly good luck and not get hit during your climb.
    The DDQ token is just one of many new ways helping to ease the 4-Star transition, along with methods that are already in the game. We are also making changes in the upcoming season that will help with this transition. As long-time players know, from similar changes to the 3-Star transition, this likely will not be the only changes that will be made (if we find that players are not progressing at a rate that is acceptable given the rest of the player base.)

To summarize recent changes to boost 4-Star output to players:
      - (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover). - (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs. - (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season. - (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.

Looking forward to what the new feature is going to be. I'm hopeful that in shorter events I'll be able to earn Legendary tokens. 7-day PvE events just don't seem to fit with my work and sleep schedules for that kind of grind, but maybe the 3- and 4-day events will be kind. I have Heroic tokens dropping on mobile and on Steam tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway. Thanks again for the communication.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some good news for many: the pvp season Legandary token prog reward is set at 7500, not 10000. That's 750 points per pvp with 0 points in Shield sim, or 550 per pvp if you hit the sim 2k. That's really achievable.

edit: Hadn't noticed it yet, but the season is only 17 days now. Maybe something to do with anniversary week? Does mean my points above will be a bit off, though, since we'll have one or two pvp's less.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Some good news for many: the pvp season Legandary token prog reward is set at 7500, not 10000. That's 750 points per pvp with 0 points in Shield sim, or 550 per pvp if you hit the sim 2k. That's really achievable.

edit: Hadn't noticed it yet, but the season is only 17 days now. Maybe something to do with anniversary week? Does mean my points above will be a bit off, though, since we'll have one or two pvp's less.
    Correct, Anniversary events won't tie into the season, hence it's shorter.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Correct, Anniversary events won't tie into the season, hence it's shorter.

How many events will the shortened season have? 7, 8?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    How many events will the shortened season have? 7, 8?
    Planned for 7.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Roswulf wrote:
    I don't think that's true- when DDQ launched, my most covered 3* was a 6-covered Cap. And yet, using almost exclusively 2* characters, I've managed to beat DDQ every day of its existence. Indeed DDQ has been the central tool in transitioning to what is now a very developed 3* roster (more than half fully covered, most of the rest close).
    To be honest, you're very much the exception there. The vast majority of players clearing the 3* node (and improving rosters) are ones that are using 3*s to start with. That node is supplementing most player's 3* roster, not creating it. I mean, definitely grats on the skill needed to pull that victory day after day, just know that most players don't do that. icon_e_smile.gif

Well, after having DDQ for so long that may be true *now*, but for the first month after it started I was in the same boat. I would beat it with maxed 2*s and slowly added 3* to the mix as they became viable. Now, I have all but a couple 3* max covered, and only a couple more that I want to shuffle for optimum cover. So now, yes, I use a max 3* team, because I have it thanks to DDQ. It wasn't always the case.
  • Thank you for this post. I find it heartening that the 2-3 star transition is being analyzed once again. The influx of 4* (and now 5*) characters has more or less pushed me out of competition for 3* placement covers in PVP and PVE (what little chance I had in the first place). I really want to care (someday) about legendary tokens, but for now, I'd be happy with some way to compete against other players like me, rather than heavyweights.

Thank you for your transparency, it is refreshing in a market usually dominated by dev silence.

PS: I have brought around 8 friends into this game, and NONE of us use 3*s to beat DDQ. [obw/Thor/hawkeye]stormneto or AresdakOBW every day. For players transitioning from 2* to 3*, I would assume using a low-covered 3* is unthinkable if they want to beat TBE. Man, I'd kill for 5 minutes with the raw game stats the devs have access to.