Deadpool's Daily & The 4-Star Transition

Options

Comments

• Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    To the devs: You guys are really good at making games. But while we're listening to feedback, you really need to work on communication. A lot of these misunderstandings could have been prevented with some consistent messaging and basic PR knowledge. Not only have you confused people, leading to anger and some feelings of betrayal, but you've also neglected to announce at all (unless we've just missed it) that this is a shorter season. There are a lot of alliances that set their requirements based on season score, and this just makes them have to change things up for no reason. Plus, it feels a bit bait-and-switchy to put a legendary token at 7,500 without saying a word about it being a shorter season. Love your game, but man, a little refined communication could go a long way.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the communication, even if it's a bit late.

I'd really like to hear more of your thoughts about why you disabled all team ups. I mean, the obvious one is that you didn't want people to just super-whale the node, but why not just disable Deadpool team ups in that case?

One of the things that continues to bother me about this implementation is that it's a one on one fight where you, the developers, choose both opponents. In normal matches you pick characters that can counter the opponents you face. The locked characters and the lack of team up tiles on top of that really limits how much strategy the player can implement. I can't bring a Loki trickery team up to help with strike or protect tile generators, etc.

It seems like these fights are really just going to boil down to a race for the AP you need. That's going to be so dependent on board luck what with the levels of the opponents... even if you have the 4* characters leveled and covered it's just going to depend on the board and the way tiles fall. It'll be even further out of the player's control than normal fights. Aside from the from the frustration board RNG can cause, it could also turn out to be pretty boring. Enter a fight, roll the dice -- board is either in your favor or not and that determines whether you win.

I might be wrong; I'll see how the next few fights go, but I'm still not thrilled with your implementation of this.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have played MPD for near 300 days. I got more than 10 maxed 3 star. I have few 4 star because I don't like PVP because repeating shield and heropoint.
    The only thing I want to say--->The 4 star DDQ is unfair.
    Why????, everyone want to take 4 star need two thing, either battles or money
    from PVP or PVE, u must fight more than 50 or 100 battle to win a 4 star
    Ganulet. season simulation. PVP to 1000 or 1300. luck draw by heroic token. all of above are under the same situation.
    if the new 4 star was introduced, u may need 150 battle( 6 nodes *4 round*7days) in 7 days PVE.

But only 4 star DDQ need less than 10 battles for maxed 4 star to win another 4 star. icon_evil.gif
    I really feel disappointed.

BTW, please cut down the price of roster place, it does't may any sense to increase price if u have more than 60 or 70 roster.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:

I'd really like to hear more of your thoughts about why you disabled all team ups. I mean, the obvious one is that you didn't want people to just super-whale the node, but why not just disable Deadpool team ups in that case?
    Apologies for not digging around for it, but IceIX said somewhere that they thought being able to bring 3 teamups versus the A.I.s 1 was perhaps unfair and out of line for what they wanted a 1v1 fight to be like. Now against Cyke, that is pretty silly since there's basically no way you'd have the time to collect enough team up ap to fire off multiple team ups, but maybe other fights could be more grindy? It definitely makes sense story-wise that a 1v1 battle should allow no outside help, but that should be true for both sides, so hopefully they find a way to fix this in the future (or hardcode something useless like bagman against no CD user or she-hulk blue against a non-special tile user).
    CCW1208 wrote:
    I have played MPD for near 300 days. I got more than 10 maxed 3 star. I have few 4 star because I don't like PVP because repeating shield and heropoint.
    The only thing I want to say--->The 4 star DDQ is unfair.
    Why????, everyone want to take 4 star need two thing, either battles or money
    from PVP or PVE, u must fight more than 50 or 100 battle to win a 4 star
    You shouldn't have to fight more than 20 battles to hit 1k in PvP. Your climb to 600 can be off the backs of mostly 60+ pointers, so ~10 battles. Usually from there you can average 45-50 pointers up to 1k, sometimes even higher if you're lucky/in the right slice. That's like 9 more battles, so 19 in total. At 4-5 minutes a piece it'll take you an hour and a half, but that's not nearly 50+ battles.
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The opponent currently gets a Team-Up while the player doesn’t. The player not getting Team-Ups was a very late design choice. However, the enemy Team-Ups cannot be disabled without a client change (without disabling Team-Ups for the entire Deadpool’s Daily). This client change is planned, but due to our production pipeline, shouldn’t be expected in the near future.

If you can't disable team-ups, why not make the best of the situation? Don't give Cyclops an Team-Up that feeds his abilities, give him something like a low level Elektra's Double Double Cross, that does nothing against XForce Wolverine (ok, it gives him teensy strike tiles). Or just give him something like a damage ability from a 1-star.

You don't need to give him another decent damaging ability that feeds his abilities, if you're considering removing it anyway.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Apologies for not digging around for it, but IceIX said somewhere that they thought being able to bring 3 teamups versus the A.I.s 1 was perhaps unfair and out of line for what they wanted a 1v1 fight to be like. Now against Cyke, that is pretty silly since there's basically no way you'd have the time to collect enough team up ap to fire off multiple team ups, but maybe other fights could be more grindy? It definitely makes sense story-wise that a 1v1 battle should allow no outside help, but that should be true for both sides, so hopefully they find a way to fix this in the future (or hardcode something useless like bagman against no CD user or she-hulk blue against a non-special tile user).

So why not limit the player to one team up? And why still allow the player to use boosts? The more I think about this the more limiting and random it seems instead of an actual challenge. Thinking about how this might play out when they fix the implementation and remove the AI's team up... assuming a basic level of competence in matching gems, it's really going to come down to how the tiles fall. I don't know, like I said, I'll have to see how it plays out.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    To summarize recent changes to boost 4-Star output to players:
    - (Season 16) Increased odds of 4-Stars by about 50% in Heroic and Event packs.
    - (Season 18) Added Legendary Tokens as progression rewards at the top end of each Story Event.
    - (Season 18) Switched in Legendary Tokens as progression rewards at 1300 Progression in each Versus Event.
    - (Season 18) Added Legendary Tokens as part of the Deadpool’s Daily Quest.
    - (Season 18) Switched in 1 Legendary Token for a 4-Star cover in the Taco Vault.
    - (Season 18) Added a Legendary Token for each 40-pack purchased.
    - (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).
    - (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.
    - (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season.
    - (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.

The highlithed green ones are aimed at a higher class of the players, the ones hitting 1.3k (or more) regularly or, well, cashers. They will earn all of the ones listed, but the blue ones are for the more common player.

The blue seem more reasonable for the ones starting to step into the 4* transition with 1k scores being the only reliable way to grab 4*s. The highlighted blue ones are the only ones the transitioners will grab, not all of the listed as they tried to sell.

So from 10 ways, 4 are for real transitioners, 5 for late transition and stepping into the 5* (AKA need few if any 4*), and one unkown.

See the problem? They think all the 10 are for transitioners, while this is delusion of their part.

Why are regular Heroic/Event tokens only for the higher players? Those are among the easiest things to earn in this game.

Event tokens and heroics are given at a really disproportionate level between players.

They should technically be to get to 3 stars, but 2 star players don't have the momentum to get them frequently, and they are showered on 4 star players who are bored of em/ have no use for them.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also enchilada is easier with 2 stars when you have no fully covered 3s, because single covered 3 stars up to 2 of each cover ones would make the battle too slow, considering the levels the enemies hit.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    So why not limit the player to one team up? And why still allow the player to use boosts? The more I think about this the more limiting and random it seems instead of an actual challenge. Thinking about how this might play out when they fix the implementation and remove the AI's team up... assuming a basic level of competence in matching gems, it's really going to come down to how the tiles fall. I don't know, like I said, I'll have to see how it plays out.
    We would need to make a client change to do that. Currently, if Team-Ups are enabled, you can carry 3. If the opponent has Team-Ups enabled, it is chosen randomly from a listing within that chapter. Without making client changes, our choices are to either disable Team-Ups throughout the chapter or enable Team-Ups for the player in the 4* node. We don't want to do either for similar reasons, in that a client change will not come within the next couple weeks (next version is already in at 1st parties, version after is pretty well in the can). What this means is that this would become the new status quo and changing it *again* will be a nerf to how players perceive the Daily Quest.

Disable all TUs - Non-forum checking players will notice the lack in the 4* node, probably not the rest of them. When turned back on for the rest of the nodes, players will notice that things got more difficult due to the Team-Up appearance. Cue gnashing of teeth as we ninja buffed DDQ nodes.

Enable player TUs - Players will get used to being able to use Team-Ups for the node, then have them ripped away again when the client update allows us to change things as we would prefer. Cue player rage as an "impossible" node was made doable and now Everything Is Ruined Forever due to lack of TUs again.

Yes, we can always make an MotD for the change. But you'd probably (not) be shocked at how many people tap past those things time after time without reading.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Cue player rage as an "impossible" node was made doable and now Everything Is Ruined Forever due to lack of TUs again.

Who are these rage-filled players of whom you speak? They don't sound like any group of rabid forum-goers I know. . .
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Enable player TUs - Players will get used to being able to use Team-Ups for the node, then have them ripped away again when the client update allows us to change things as we would prefer. Cue player rage as an "impossible" node was made doable and now Everything Is Ruined Forever due to lack of TUs again.

If a complete client change would have to be done to disable both team ups, then you might have reconsidered the plan on not letting us start the nodes with team ups until the client change could be made. If we both have team ups it would be fair in our minds, they are already buffed to level 270 at least we have team ups to make up for that. And when the client change does occur then both, we and the buffed level 270 would both not have team ups, oh well it was good while it lasted. Right now they are buffed and have an extra power and now we have to match team ups for something we have no use of, other than to keep them for using that power against us; so that is really stacking the deck against us.
  • Why are regular Heroic/Event tokens only for the higher players? Those are among the easiest things to earn in this game.
    40 Packs, not regular tokens. Only people setting on money buy 40 packs.
    Enable player TUs - Players will get used to being able to use Team-Ups for the node, then have them ripped away again when the client update allows us to change things as we would prefer. Cue player rage as an "impossible" node was made doable and now Everything Is Ruined Forever due to lack of TUs again
    When you do an updated to fix it you leave 1 TU only instead of 3, as I should have been.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    - (Season 18) Switched in 1 Legendary Token for a 4-Star cover in the Taco Vault.
    - (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).

Sorry if this has already been said but I don't think either of these have any impact on the 4* transition.

Putting the chance of a 5* to one side, I would probably rather know what character I am going to get rather than leaving it open to chance (with XFW, IW and NF fully covered), so I know beforehand whether to bother trying for the reward
  • thanos8587
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    You shouldn't have to fight more than 20 battles to hit 1k in PvP. Your climb to 600 can be off the backs of mostly 60+ pointers, so ~10 battles. Usually from there you can average 45-50 pointers up to 1k, sometimes even higher if you're lucky/in the right slice. That's like 9 more battles, so 19 in total. At 4-5 minutes a piece it'll take you an hour and a half, but that's not nearly 50+ battles.

that really does sound simple. the problem is, unlike you apparently, i get attacked and lose points along the way. so while it may not take 50+ matches, it certainly takes more than 19. would you care to let us in on the secret of not getting attacked on your climb?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Some good news for many: the pvp season Legandary token prog reward is set at 7500, not 10000. That's 750 points per pvp with 0 points in Shield sim, or 550 per pvp if you hit the sim 2k. That's really achievable.

edit: Hadn't noticed it yet, but the season is only 17 days now. Maybe something to do with anniversary week? Does mean my points above will be a bit off, though, since we'll have one or two pvp's less.
    Correct, Anniversary events won't tie into the season, hence it's shorter.

That's disappointing. I thought the lowered 3* at 2700 and the 10pk at 3000 was a new way to help the 3* transitioners.
  • That's disappointing. I thought the lowered 3* at 2700 and the 10pk at 3000 was a new way to help the 3* transitioners.
    A transitioner doing less than 4k on season is terrible. That's not even 400 per pvp. With old scores (before the 50% increase) I used to hit 500-600 with obw and ares.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    40 Packs, not regular tokens. Only people setting on money buy 40 packs.
    ShionSinX wrote:
    To summarize recent changes to boost 4-Star output to players:
    - (Season 16) Increased odds of 4-Stars by about 50% in Heroic and Event packs.
    - (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.

The highlighted green ones are aimed at a higher class of the players, the ones hitting 1.3k (or more) regularly or, well, cashers. They will earn all of the ones listed, but the blue ones are for the more common player.

You've got the increased Heroic/Event packs green, meaning only for higher players.
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Event tokens and heroics are given at a really disproportionate level between players.

They should technically be to get to 3 stars, but 2 star players don't have the momentum to get them frequently, and they are showered on 4 star players who are bored of em/ have no use for them.

Aside from the 900 and maybe the 650 token in PvP (dunno how high 2* can go these days), what tokens do 4* players get consistently that 2* players don't have access to?

300 is doable by a 2* roster. PvE is obviously 2* heaven. Tacos aren't include in Heroic/Event list.

But more to the point, how is it not a benefit to increase the odds on the tokens they do get?
  • The odds are better but not really as good as you think. Unless you grab 10 or 40 packs.

Right now it's less than 5% summed odds for 4*s on meet rocket & Groot, you have more chances to pull a surfer from a legendary than to pull any 4* at all on the event tokens.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    A transitioner doing less than 4k on season is terrible. That's not even 400 per pvp. With old scores (before the 50% increase) I used to hit 500-600 with obw and ares.
    When they first implemented their matchmaking changes back in season 13 or 14 or whenever, my season scores took a big hit. I went from two straight 4K seasons to two straight sub-3K seasons on the back of my 2* roster. The matchmaking went seed, seed, seed, 166 wall of death.

It took the 50% point boost and the fixed matchmaking to restore my 4K scores again, though now I have a decent 3* roster to score with and I broke 5K last season.

I don't know what the 2* PVP game is like these days, but the experience is likely very different from your days hitting 600 with OBW+Ares. I doubt those two get anywhere near 600 today before getting pounded by 3* players and above.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    When they first implemented their matchmaking changes back in season 13 or 14 or whenever, my season scores took a big hit. I went from two straight 4K seasons to two straight sub-3K seasons on the back of my 2* roster. The matchmaking went seed, seed, seed, 166 wall of death.

It took the 50% point boost and the fixed matchmaking to restore my 4K scores again, though now I have a decent 3* roster to score with and I broke 5K last season.

I don't know what the 2* PVP game is like these days, but the experience is likely very different from your days hitting 600 with OBW+Ares. I doubt those two get anywhere near 600 today before getting pounded by 3* players and above.
    If you reach 600 and get hits, then hit 600 and shield up. The new mmr should make you see other 2* teams and some low lv 3*s. It's not possible to not get 400 per event now with a decent 2* roster. There's also shield SIM if you need more score.