Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

4-Star Deadpool’s Daily Quest

The 4-Star Deadpool’s Daily Quest was designed to be significantly challenging. We attempted to communicate this in a number of places before the event went live; in the Silver Surfer announcement thread, the monthly Q&A video (transcript), and IceIX’s posts (example). Obviously, our communication was not clear enough or not concise enough, as many of you stated your assumption that it would not be as difficult as it is

- Hi-Fi & IceIX
    So first I want to say thank you the communication, but I want to highlight this section. i re read each link you pointed out and none of the transcripts even come close to saying you will be facing a level 270 3* character as a gauntlet style challenge. In th silver surfer link it says in the middle of the paragraph a "very challenging face off mission". This is the closest you are coming to saying how difficult this could be.
    In ICEX post he says "level ouch" and a 1,0,0 level 70 will have an extremely hard time. The issue with this explanation is that he has combined the 1,0,0 and there is no real definition of level ouch.
    The Q&A transcript says "Someon we have decided who is a good challenge for them."
    These comments are extremely vague and don't show the difficulty of taking on a 270 character with an under leveled character.

The question I still have and I know it is easy to miss a lot of post is thes.
    How many covers, and at what level should a player be able to compete against a level 270 3* in a one on one battle? Is 4* DPDQ for someone with 10 covers to compete? 5 of 1 color to compete? do you feel a level 150 4* should be able to win this battle one out of 5 times? I would imagine that these are questions you asked yourself in creating the 4* DPDQ to get an idea of what opponent you wanted them to face.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    If you reach 600 and get hits, then hit 600 and shield up. The new mmr should make you see other 2* teams and some low lv 3*s. It's not possible to not get 400 per event now with a decent 2* roster. There's also shield SIM if you need more score.
    A 2* player should not be spending precious HP on shields. Roster slots, roster slots, and roster slots are the three things on which a 2* player should be spending his/her HP.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    If you reach 600 and get hits, then hit 600 and shield up. The new mmr should make you see other 2* teams and some low lv 3*s. It's not possible to not get 400 per event now with a decent 2* roster. There's also shield SIM if you need more score.
    A 2* player should not be spending precious HP on shields. Roster slots, roster slots, and roster slots are the three things on which a 2* player should be spending his/her HP.
    well, if you have trouble getting beaten down and can only finish in the 200-300 range, but every once in a while make it to 600 before the beat down begins, just 1 or 2, 3-hr shields per season cold get you the 10 pk. might be worth it if it gets you to the next threshold. obviously if it doesn't change your placement for something useful or get you to your 10-pk, it makes no sense.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    You shouldn't have to fight more than 20 battles to hit 1k in PvP. Your climb to 600 can be off the backs of mostly 60+ pointers, so ~10 battles. Usually from there you can average 45-50 pointers up to 1k, sometimes even higher if you're lucky/in the right slice. That's like 9 more battles, so 19 in total. At 4-5 minutes a piece it'll take you an hour and a half, but that's not nearly 50+ battles.

You clearly get very different queues than I do. 60+ points fights show up *very* rarely in my queues, and mostly they're two max/boosted 4* with the featured character. Quite often, once I pass 700, my fights drop below 35 per. From there, hitting 1K can be 8 to 10 battles by itself, assuming no defeats while active.

Yes, I do my best to skip past anything less than the magic "38", but it's common that even after 20 skips I've seen only low value battles.

The occasions that I hit 1k+ are aided by higher point battles, true. But they're much rarer for me than many of the top players seem to report for themselves.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    You shouldn't have to fight more than 20 battles to hit 1k in PvP. Your climb to 600 can be off the backs of mostly 60+ pointers, so ~10 battles. Usually from there you can average 45-50 pointers up to 1k, sometimes even higher if you're lucky/in the right slice. That's like 9 more battles, so 19 in total. At 4-5 minutes a piece it'll take you an hour and a half, but that's not nearly 50+ battles.

You clearly get very different queues than I do. 60+ points fights show up *very* rarely in my queues, and mostly they're two max/boosted 4* with the featured character. Quite often, once I pass 700, my fights drop below 35 per. From there, hitting 1K can be 8 to 10 battles by itself, assuming no defeats while active.

Yes, I do my best to skip past anything less than the magic "38", but it's common that even after 20 skips I've seen only low value battles.

The occasions that I hit 1k+ are aided by higher point battles, true. But they're much rarer for me than many of the top players seem to report for themselves.
    towards the end of pushes, if things have gone well and you have some health packs left, you need to learn how to defeat those 4* teams. it can be done with 166s, but can require boosts and health packs. the last few fights of a good push should really be worth big points. then any hopping you want to do, its all fistbusters and jeanbusters. I did skip the 350 antmans I saw when I ran 166 fist/cage, but if you look hard enough for your hopping queues, you should be able to find what you need. during pushes you are tied to what is there at the time - its an art to judge it all correctly.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:

If you're pushing to 600 near the end and 1 3-hour shield will preserve your score then you've come out +25 imcoin.png . That's not a bad investment to earn a 10-pack. Also if you join in the last few hours 600 may be enough to pull off top 100, earning you a 3 star.png cover and increasing your imcoin.png gain to +50. You shouldn't be shield hopping in 2 star.png land, but you can definitely buy a shield and help your progression more than just saving imcoin.png for roster slots.
  • One 3* cover costs 1250hp ingame. I'd rather get 25hp and a cover than 100hp only.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To those questioning my comments about reaching 1k in about 19 matches: The only 4* I have that is really usable is a 240 5/3/5 4hor. I also have a 240 5/5/3 xforce, and 240 5/5/3 Fury, but I almost never use them. Anyway, my MMR is quite high, so with enough skips I can usually queue up guys at 65+ at least until 400 or so, and 55+ for the next couple hundred. Past that it kinda depends on who is hopping or happens to be out at the time. Still, you should be able to get minimum 40-pointers up to 1k. I also didn't mention shielding, but if you get to 900 and all the available queues are 35 or less, just shield. You can easily hit the final 100 points on a hop later, just make sure you check for queues every once and a while.

It's not 100% foolproof, and sure I can get attacked every now and then also, having to shield under 1k or fight through many attacks, but more often than not I can reach 1k with maybe getting attacked just once or less.

Also, climbing during off-peak times really helps, since there should be fewer people out there to attack you.
  • Roster slot prices are too high for me as it is, but now I would have to buy a bunch of slots just so that over the next 6 months to a year I could fill them up with useless single-cover 4* characters. That, in itself, is enough to make me walk away.
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    there is a new member in my alliance who is clearing BE with level 70 2 stars. im not sure there are still alot of complaints on that issue any longer.

the funniest thing is his enthusiasm and enjoyment of the game and the process. that seems to have gotten beaten out of me at day 323. i feel like im playing only because ive played for the last 322 days. waiting to see what the anniversary brings is about the only thing i can look forward to.

I was actually talking to my wife about this in light of Ice's comments regarding 2*s.

I was reminiscing about the day I was considering bailing on MPQ and finally beat the BE with my 2*s. All of a sudden, there was hope. I could finally start meaningfully building my 3*s without killing myself in the process, something I had already decided simply was worth it, to the point that I was about to delete MPQ.

As my conversation with my wife continued, I thought about how dramatically my relationship with MPQ changed on the day I first beat the BE. I realized that at the moment, barring another Ant-Man-like event, DDQ's BE represents the only truly enjoyable 10-15 minutes of pure puzzle/match 3 gameplaying I experience with MPQ at the moment.

7 days a week, for about 15 minutes a day, I am not worried about health packs, timers, positions, slot prices, unfair cascades (I know, I know. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif ), or whether or not my play is "good enough" as compared to everyone else in the free world.

For those brief glorious moments, it's me against formidable yet beatable enemies. I have to have a bit of skill, and sometimes a bit of luck (I'm looking at you, you tinykittening ninjas. icon_razz.gif ), but I feel like I'm playing something meaningful, on my terms, and for a reward that is truly satisfying.

I guess I'm not all that upset about the new node. I won't be able to play it for months, which is honestly fine, but it would have been awesome to have another BE event to strive for, as opposed to what I got.

DBC
  • IFORANI
    Options
    I didn't go through all the pages for this topic but I think there is a simple fix to the difficulty problem and the Dev trying to not have a huge influx of 4 star rosters. Why don't they just use a over maxed 4star as opponent and allow the user to pick from there 3 stars one player. Is still difficult but possible for those starting 4 start transition but not allowing 2 stars a direct jump to 4 stars. Just a thought, IT might not even work but the current method obviously has some major flaws. Remember that those that play everyday don't need to be spending money to keep the game growing and the devs a job. Money comes to the company and why not add a FEW ads if it's that important. Emphasis on FEW.
  • ...or just require the featured 4*, and allow any two other 3/4*'s the player wants.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    there is a new member in my alliance who is clearing BE with level 70 2 stars. im not sure there are still alot of complaints on that issue any longer.

the funniest thing is his enthusiasm and enjoyment of the game and the process. that seems to have gotten beaten out of me at day 323. i feel like im playing only because ive played for the last 322 days. waiting to see what the anniversary brings is about the only thing i can look forward to.

I was actually talking to my wife about this in light of Ice's comments regarding 2*s.

I was reminiscing about the day I was considering bailing on MPQ and finally beat the BE with my 2*s. All of a sudden, there was hope. I could finally start meaningfully building my 3*s without killing myself in the process, something I had already decided simply was worth it, to the point that I was about to delete MPQ.

As my conversation with my wife continued, I thought about how dramatically my relationship with MPQ changed on the day I first beat the BE. I realized that at the moment, barring another Ant-Man-like event, DDQ's BE represents the only truly enjoyable 10-15 minutes of pure puzzle/match 3 gameplaying I experience with MPQ at the moment.

7 days a week, for about 15 minutes a day, I am not worried about health packs, timers, positions, slot prices, unfair cascades (I know, I know. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif ), or whether or not my play is "good enough" as compared to everyone else in the free world.

For those brief glorious moments, it's me against formidable yet beatable enemies. I have to have a bit of skill, and sometimes a bit of luck (I'm looking at you, you tinykittening ninjas. icon_razz.gif ), but I feel like I'm playing something meaningful, on my terms, and for a reward that is truly satisfying.

I guess I'm not all that upset about the new node. I won't be able to play it for months, which is honestly fine, but it would have been awesome to have another BE event to strive for, as opposed to what I got.

DBC

This captures kinda perfectly why DDQ is praised so much though. It's not that its a cakewalk, it's that you know what you're doing and the reward is set from the start. No worrying about other people doing it first. Not having to make sure you have a phone signal at a certain time of day. I fully am there with you. Even when you lose DDQ, you know what the reward is, and no one can stop you from obtaining it but you (and well you having at least the cover of the day, thats my only gripe with the situation) and you only do it when you need the reward, hence he reward always being helpful.

The antman was very similar. Really Really hope more content like it is planned.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    well, if you have trouble getting beaten down and can only finish in the 200-300 range, but every once in a while make it to 600 before the beat down begins, just 1 or 2, 3-hr shields per season cold get you the 10 pk. might be worth it if it gets you to the next threshold. obviously if it doesn't change your placement for something useful or get you to your 10-pk, it makes no sense.

The 10 pack usually provides mostly 2 stars which the player is trying to get away from, but more importantly it has a chance of providing characters then need HP for. Which is the issue. You have to spend to place well enough, but need to spend to roster them to do DDQ.

It's just a flaw in the system of having HP for everything.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:

Aside from the 900 and maybe the 650 token in PvP (dunno how high 2* can go these days), what tokens do 4* players get consistently that 2* players don't have access to?

300 is doable by a 2* roster. PvE is obviously 2* heaven. Tacos aren't include in Heroic/Event list.

But more to the point, how is it not a benefit to increase the odds on the tokens they do get?

Raising the 4 stars wouldn't help earn more 3 stars and would help down the line, just more heroics going around wouldn't hurt is all I'm saying since 4 star players can earn the most, ( a ten pack costs HP from being at 500 with 2 stars, honestly higher then 300 for a 2* team even with a boosted half covered 3 star is fodder.)

We agree I'm suggesting that heroics/events should just be going around more often is all.

Also I know everyone like to say its easier to be a 2 star due to scaling but ignore that 4 star and 3 star players pick their preferred team with some in the wings while 2 star players use what they have to and nearly never have back ups or multiples, aka more health packs, less and slower clears.
  • It sure would be nice to actually see some of these changes in action....... icon_razz.gif

Trying that new 4* and getting my butt handed to me right away and not being able to do anything about it with a difficulty rating of EASY certainly was upsetting. badguy over 150 levels higher can use team up powers when I could not and oh ya the rate at which the opponents gather resources is high very high, my opponents get them faster than they earn them, I even marked up old fashioned paper to count them before, in fact yesterday Sep 18 2015 the Moonstone in the Hulk progression was getting red tiles no matter what she matched and was hitting me with Photonic blast 2 out of 3 turns.
  • i hope they add new currency, like maa they had a lot(silver,gold,shield point,command point. etc) and less gambling.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    like most, i would love a better roster. and faster. but then i got thinking, if it were easier to get a better roster, everyone would have the same roster. that would get kinda boring, especially in pvp.

the devs have already done a ton of work in making it easier to get better covers, so kudos to them, but like i said, if it gets too easy, that's probably worse than too hard.

as for the 4* ddq challenge, i don't have a 4* character with more than 3 covers so there is virtually no chance of winning that node anytime soon with it's current set up (barring some insane board luck). the one thing i could suggest is have it so there are a couple 4's, 3's, or even 2's that you could pick one to use. give those of us at the start of the 4* transition a fighting chance.
  • every player ended up having same exact roster lol, but they roster quality would make the different(level, build. etc) also most player stick around with OP character, example: reign of spidey, mags, wall of sentry+the hood, and xforce got re-worked for the first time also introduced of 4* thor and eventualy every player just rush-in to that 4* and later all we seen just xf+thor every single pvp(up until xf got nerfed) these are past wall aand all mention above had been nerfed, new char will come and they all triumph over the old one, thus creating another cycle of

not much option for player wanting to advance: play pvp and endless grind of PVE
    other, that according to player free-will: doing DDQ (the only hard node was node that include tinykittening ninjas other than that just unlucky board but none of these are unplayable) balanced difficulty.

in prodigal sun i never past last node of last sub(didn't know there's free red sentry) because too hard or perhaps im just incompetent player after all, if cover come too easy people get boring?(that why they release new char). if cover come too hard people tend to stop playing, because there's no point.

just FYI, i spend 12,500 hp to buy xf cover(before re-worked had him at 3/2/5) and spend 0$ but spend time a lot. i been playing mpq since shield simulator are in one place with prologue(no versus tab) and currently at 480+ daily resupply (yeah, no kidding lol)
    just random idea, what if they add survival node that have 15 consecutive battle and reward player with 10 random cover(2 to 4 star) and replayable 5 time a day(borrowed and combined idea from HODA and MFF)
  • I'm a little disappointed with the 4* DPD, it's seems as if the goal posts have been moved.

To explain, not that long ago the goal was to collect a decent 3* roster, that would enable you to compete. 4*s started to become more prevalent but not overly dominating the PVP scene. Power levels were adjusted and a deep roster became key.

With the increased release rate of 4* (and the forthcoming rebalancing of 4* to challenge 5*) 3*s will become rapidly outdated with the meta moving to 4+5*.

Start feeling like you are getting somewhere then all of a sudden your bringing a knife to a gun fight.

300 days in, a decent 3* roster and the finish line has been moved further towards the horizon.

Just make 4*ddq comparable in difficulty to growth industry's, after all getting the relevant 4* to join is hard enough.