4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    YOUR definition, for me this is the way to get 4* for those of us unable to buy HP for the multiple shield hops required for PVP, or who have busy lives both work and personal that do not allow the progression grind in PVP.

So basically you want the same cool shiny stuff that other people have achieved by putting in time, effort and/or money, but without actually having to do anything for it. All right then.
    Stop <snip> taking it out of context. If you actually read my post you would know my expectations. <snip>

IceIX Edit: Woah. Calm down there. Disagreement, fine. But that was over the line.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    YOUR definition, for me this is the way to get 4* for those of us unable to buy HP for the multiple shield hops required for PVP, or who have busy lives both work and personal that do not allow the progression grind in PVP.

So basically you want the same cool shiny stuff that other people have achieved by putting in time, effort and/or money, but without actually having to do anything for it. All right then.
    Stop being an TinyKitty and taking it out of context. If you actually read my post you would know my expectations. Sick of ReallyIt'sRatherSmallForAKitty like you.

Keep it classy.

Also, the only context you provided was that you were unwilling to put more time, effort and money into the game. That's fine, but that does mean you're limited in what you can achieve.

Moderator edit: quoted profanity removed. -DayvBang
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    I get the impression that there's a clear division forming from the 2-3 and 4-5 crowd forming, both from the level differences in content and the reward range from the token.

Pretty sure part of the goal is to boot people into leveling their rosters past 94-120 and into the 4-5 range accordingly, since iso is a partial revenue source. It's becoming more and more apparent 4 stars aren't meant for people with 94-120 rosters.

There's two potential things that could shake out of this, one being a new token similar to the legendary token, that contains 3 stars, with a 10 percent chance at a 4 star, or a separate bracket of events for the 2-3 crowd so they're able to advance into 3 star realm by placement instead of the new found grind by the introduction of legendary tokens.

As someone in the 3 star realm firmly right now, the 4 star node definitely gave me the impression of "YOU ARE NOT READY YET" because I only have a 1 cover wolverine, so no amount of tactics will overcome that 200 level gap. Maybe it's the new shiny, but between that and the new placement scores in pve, I'm finding myself in an awkward spot where maybe the best thing to do is bow out of pve and pvp and just play DDQ until my 3 stars are able to be advanced to be able to PVP reliably for 1000 progression pvp.

Agreed so hard.
    Pve just feeling boring in general isn't helping.

too bad that with 20 or so 3 stars rostered, on 20 of the 40 cycles of DDQ i just take the one taco and cross my fingers.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    I think your expectations of what this 5-day DDQ node really is are a bit too high. It'll give you a shot at getting a 5*, and it will help you add to your 4*roster (with the downside that it's random, but with the upside that, unlike that daily 3* cover, you have a chance of actually pulling a new character), but in itself it's a very minor addition to the 3-4 transition.
    The thing is, for DDQ 3* transition you need the character beforehand. We expected this to be the next step and not a huge jump from 3* right to 5*.
    You're still going to have to get the bulk of your 4* covers by other means to progress at a significant rate. Players who currently have useable 4* rosters have put time, effort and/or money (not me on the latter, I'm F2P scum) to get them, and any other player who wants to get to that point will have to do the same.
    But these tokens were introduced exactly because we are having a real flood of 4*s. It wasnt too much to ask for it to be the next step.
  • Finally did it on my 11th try with a 117 4/3/3 wolvie. Used +2 g/b ap +50% black/green/red/yellow. Focus on denying red and teamup tiles. Grab black and green when not at risk of giving up red. Takes a little bit of luck, but I used SS twice after cyke yellows and created massive cascades for the finish.

Personally, this is the most fun I've had with the game because it was challenging, but I think they could tone down the difficulty just a *smidgen*.

Good luck fellow mpqers!
  • Just a quick comparison, it's like playing a mmorpg where you have lv1 to lv50 quests, then 51 to 100, 101 to 150 and the next quests are only for lv 250-300. All you can do is grind nonstop for a huge portion of the game before the mechanics for progression to kick in again.
  • JVReal
    Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Stop being an TinyKitty and taking it out of context. If you actually read my post you would know my expectations. Sick of TinyKitty like you.

Keep it classy.

Also, the only context you provided was that you were unwilling to put more time, effort and money into the game. That's fine, but that does mean you're limited in what you can achieve.
    They must be having filter issues.
    Anyway, my frustration comes from how it was presented to us by IceIX and how it was actually rolled out and no commentary from them on why the discrepancy. I am F2P, always will be. I dont expect anything to be handed to me. When i'm told i can get a legendary token a certain way (regardless of whether i got my roster free over a year or paid for it in 30 days) i expect them to follow through.

They want to put up a node for "mature" 4* rosters, then come out and say it. But they didnt do that.

You took my free to play stance and ran with the "you want things handed to you" angle. That is being a jerk. Own it.

Your comments to me seem to contradict your other comments. I guess you're just trolling so i'm done with you.

Moderator edit: removing profanity in quoted post. -DayvBang
  • Der_Lex
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I think your expectations of what this 5-day DDQ node really is are a bit too high. It'll give you a shot at getting a 5*, and it will help you add to your 4*roster (with the downside that it's random, but with the upside that, unlike that daily 3* cover, you have a chance of actually pulling a new character), but in itself it's a very minor addition to the 3-4 transition.
    The thing is, for DDQ 3* transition you need the character beforehand. We expected this to be the next step and not a huge jump from 3* right to 5*.

Yeah, I won't deny that I hadn't expected this level of difficulty after reading Ice's 'I can beat a lot of them with my roster' post either. Then again, Cyke is a beast of a character when boosted, so other match-ups might not nearly be as hard. Although I'm really wondering how they'll handle Prof X, because without team-ups that'll turn into 'become invisible and pray for match-5's'. I once beat a gauntlet node that way, with invisible Prof being last man standing against a hyperleveled Luke Cage, so my regular attacks did a whopping 1 damage. That was... not fun.
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    You're still going to have to get the bulk of your 4* covers by other means to progress at a significant rate. Players who currently have useable 4* rosters have put time, effort and/or money (not me on the latter, I'm F2P scum) to get them, and any other player who wants to get to that point will have to do the same.
    But these tokens were introduced exactly because we are having a real flood of 4*s. It wasnt too much to ask for it to be the next step.

They've hinted that there's more in the pipeline. And that's necessary too. Not just for 4*, but especially for the 2-3* tier as well. The current placement rewards don't take the way the playerbase has evolved into account at all, and those 3* covers aren't reaching the players that need them the most. The daily DDQ 3* cover doesn't fix that problem by itself either.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I beat the 4* node. However that doesn't mean that I agree with the difficulty of the node.

They get a helpful team up, we can't use any. They can one shot your character with either of two powers.

This was ridiculous and not at all what we were lead to believe it would be.

We were lead to believe that the legendary tokens were supposed to help people in the 3-4* transition, not help those that have their 4*'s mostly covered and leveled.
  • They've hinted that there's more in the pipeline. And that's necessary too. Not just for 4*, but especially for the 2-3* tier as well. The current placement rewards don't take the way the playerbase has evolved into account at all, and those 3* covers aren't reaching the players that need them the most. The daily DDQ 3* cover doesn't fix that problem by itself either.
    I think the whole ranking reward needs an update. The norm is 1k per pvp, as I've seen posted here in the forums sometimes not even 1k is enough for T100.

So the 3* needs to be placed way below, in the 250s. Then the second on 100s and the third on 50s. Then fill the rest with a second 3* of the t50 and a 4* in the t5 (the one that would be #1), with some iso and hp in between. #1 would be a legendary token.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Yeah, I won't deny that I hadn't expected this level of difficulty after reading Ice's 'I can beat a lot of them with my roster' post either. Then again, Cyke is a beast of a character when boosted, so other match-ups might not nearly be as hard. Although I'm really wondering how they'll handle Prof X, because without team-ups that'll turn into 'become invisible and pray for match-5's'. I once beat a gauntlet node that way, with invisible Prof being last man standing against a hyperleveled Luke Cage, so my regular attacks did a whopping 1 damage. That was... not fun.
    I'm not going to say who Professor X is fighting quite yet since it's a ways off and we might change it up before then. But at current, my 90 2/0/1 PX is one of the battles that I can *not* beat. I'm sure if I got some insane 5 of a kind cascade I might be OK, but the main problem is that his Yellow does approximately nothing and I can't invis, so I'm just relying on match damage (umm, no) and luck.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    They want to put up a node for "mature" 4* rosters, then come out and say it. But they didnt do that.

You took my free to play stance and ran with the "you want things handed to you" angle. That is being a jerk. Own it.

Your comments to me seem to contradict your other comments. I guess you're just trolling so i'm done with you.

My future advice is to ignore posts by people using the handed to you argument. icon_rolleyes.gif
    It save you a lot of time because they often don't add anything to the conversation, and try to belittle or rile you up by calling you lazy.

It's the 'back in my day we walked 15 miles up hill in both directions' thing
  • IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I'm not going to say who Professor X is fighting quite yet since it's a ways off and we might change it up before then. But at current, my 90 2/0/1 PX is one of the battles that I can *not* beat. I'm sure if I got some insane 5 of a kind cascade I might be OK, but the main problem is that his Yellow does approximately nothing and I can't invis, so I'm just relying on match damage (umm, no) and luck.
    Seems like you need a Mohawk black TU icon_lol.gif
  • Der_Lex
    JVReal wrote:
    They must be having filter issues.
    Anyway, my frustration comes from how it was presented to us by IceIX and how it was actually rolled out and no commentary from them on why the discrepancy. I am F2P, always will be. I dont expect anything to be handed to me. When i'm told i can get a legendary token a certain way (regardless of whether i got my roster free over a year or paid for it in 30 days) i expect them to follow through.

See, now this is a reasonable and understandable response. Although I think it's more than a bit ironic that you're telling me to own being a 'jerk' when you're the one doing the name-calling and expecting the filter to tidy your language up for you.

What triggers my personal jerk-radar is when people start bringing up, as you did, that their lives are much too busy to do better than they are doing in this game. Mostly because it seems like they either do expect the same rewards for less effort, or like it's a snub towards those of us who do actually manage to do better without pouring their wallet open.
    I don't have less of a life than you. During the week I'm balancing running a business and being a full-time single parent of my kids, and on weekends I spend time with my kids, family, friends, girlfriend, hobbies, and often have some leftover work to wrap up as well. That still doesn't keep me from getting 30-60 mins of MPQ time in here and there to hit that PvE run or get a pvp progression. It's fine if you choose differently or have different priorities, but don't make it seem like only people who have no life or are whales can get 4*s and legendaries.

Your point about the previous presentation of this node not reflecting reality well is very valid, though.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Confirmed: ProfX won't match up against Jean Grey.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

Okay, so is there a plan to do something about that? The rules for this fight are all purpose-built, rather than being a natural outgrowth of how the game works in other contexts, so if they produce an arbitrary handicap for certain characters (while their opponents are at full strength) there ought to be room to tweak, no?
  • So... I happen to have a xforce on 270.
    In total I have 6 powers on the 4* land maxed. They are xforce (yellow and black) iw (yellow and green) and carnage (red and green). If I assume there's 15 four stars that's a total of 45 powers. So I don't need 6/45 of the covers available.
    Then I got the legendary token. To open it and pull a incredible xforce black.

I give up on this game. Recently I sold more 4* covers than I trained (which includes xforce iw and carnage) it's really frustrating and ridiculous that I have so many different options of powers to use and get exactly the ones I am unable to use.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Seems like you need a Mohawk black TU icon_lol.gif
    Without purpleflag.png Purple, no synergy with his Prof.
    Hey could use a Deceptive Tactics TU for a bit of help.
    It would be a secondary source of damage, constant and hard to fully clear. Even if he can't enhance them it's better than single or double attack tile like blade's which could be destroyed In one match if unlucky with placement.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Okay, so is there a plan to do something about that? The rules for this fight are all purpose-built, rather than being a natural outgrowth of how the game works in other contexts, so if they produce an arbitrary handicap for certain characters (while their opponents are at full strength) there ought to be room to tweak, no?
    Definitely, each of the battles is curated, so we could do tweaks like that. At this very moment, it's pretty vanilla for that battle. However, that battle is also a bit down the line in terms of when it'll come so it's definitely possible that we'd flip it up before then. Hence why I'm being cagey on the exact battle.
  • JVReal
    Der_Lex wrote:

See, now this is a reasonable and understandable response. Although I think it's more than a bit ironic that you're telling me to own being a 'jerk' when you're the one doing the name-calling and expecting the filter to tidy your language up for you.

What triggers my personal jerk-radar is when people start bringing up, as you did, that their lives are much too busy to do better than they are doing in this game. Mostly because it seems like they either do expect the same rewards for less effort, or like it's a snub towards those of us who do actually manage to do better without pouring their wallet open.
    I don't have less of a life than you. During the week I'm balancing running a business and being a full-time single parent of my kids, and on weekends I spend time with my kids, family, friends, girlfriend, hobbies, and often have some leftover work to wrap up as well. That still doesn't keep me from getting 30-60 mins of MPQ time in here and there to hit that PvE run or get a pvp progression. It's fine if you choose differently or have different priorities, but don't make it seem like only people who have no life or are whales can get 4*s and legendaries.

Your point about the previous presentation of this node not reflecting reality well is very valid, though.
    I do apologize for my language Der_Lex, its not typical.

I too am F2P with a family and understand time and effort are required to counter not spending.

I'm on day 351, cant wait for Devil Dino. I stopped grinding PVE because it was becoming too difficult with work and family, DDQ and PVP requiring less of my time and allowing me to play in the evening when the kids are in bed.
    My time is not more precious than yours, i did not imply that. My initial post was more in response to people acting like all the means of achieving Legendary Tokens are equally achievable.
    For my personal circumstances if i can hit 1k with 1 shield, 2 at most, i will, but cannot financially afford to spend on HP for the 1300 token. I was away this weekend for my Anniversary, therefore chose not to grind PVE as it was very bad timing.
    DDQ with low time req, and a moderate 4* build (as i perceived it) was the ideal way for me but caused much frustration and disappointment.

I took your comment personally as you did mine, because we were not aware of each others personal circumstances.

My best to your family and i wish you success in your business and in the game. You are not a tinykitty.