4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• Vhailorx wrote:

I think the biggest problem is that Ice's comments combined with statements like this one from Will in the 5* community announcement video
    We've been releasing more 4-Stars, so that gameplay at the 4-Star level is more rich and more varied. And in order to support that we've also increased the rate at which it's possible to get 4-Stars and the number of different places that you can get 4-Stars.
    created a reasonable expectation that the new 4* ddq would be like the original ddq was for 3*s: i.e. challenging for those not yet in 4* land, but reasonably doable for those with their toe in the 4* waters. Hell, Ice even said that he had managed to complete some of the 4* nodes even though he was
    far from living la vida 4*

It turns out that having a toe in 4* land means having multiple 4*s at 6-8 covers minimum. That's like gating the 3* node in ddq at 8/13 level 114s. Even if you have 1 max 4* that lets you win every time they cycle around, that 1 event every 16 cycles, less new characters. each cycle is 5 days, so xfw won't cycle back up for something like 90 or 100 days. That's not going to speed up your transition.

So there is still a gap in transition: how do you move from a full 3* roster to a functional midlevel 4* roster? I don't see an obvious way to fix it that doesn't include (1) buying 40 packs, or (2) grinding about 3 hours a day in PVE to get the legendary token prog rewards, or (3) spending 4+ months hitting ever 1k reward). That's an awful lot for demiurge to ask of their playerbase.

But Ice's quote isn't that this is the only avenue open to transitioning players; we still have PvE progression every 3-7 days or PvP for more consistent players with complete 3* rosters. Like I said earlier their mistake was putting this under the DDQ banner, which as you said created the false expectation of this being a routine clear. But I think our error as player base over the last 12 hours has been acting like this is the only way to get Legendary tokens.

I think PvE is how they intend to distribute these most among the player base. If roster isn't varied or strong enough to get the progression reward here, or you're not playing consistently enough to get the progression, then these rewards aren't really necessary for you because you aren't involved in the arms race that is PvP and your roster would likely be better served bolstering your 3* within the current DDQ. The rate that you will accrue them in PvE will on average help you keep pace to start earning them as well in the DDQ after a couple of cycles.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    I don't see the overwhelming negative reaction as surprising at all. They are inundating us with 4*s thesedays, at a ridiculous rate. People were led to believe that this would be a way to help bolster their 4*s and instead it's just a way for established 4* players to try for a Surfer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see the overwhelming negative reaction as surprising at all. They are inundating us with 4*s thesedays, at a ridiculous rate. People were lead to believe that this would be a way to help bolster their 4*s and instead it's just a way for established 4* players to try for a Surfer.

Exactly!

Consider that 4*a are now released as fast as 3*s were at this time last year. But the opportunities to get 4*s are much much rarer than 3*s were.
  • Kudos on everything. I just hit about 30 or 40 and got close once. He was down to 4k and I just got enough black for a SS but of course he cascaded the turn before and hit 5 more red for optic. I honestly want to quit because I'm using a 4/3/1 166 xfw and he always gets optics no matter what I do or deny. It's infuriating more than anything and what a horrible character to pick 1v1. I understand why but it just angers people because cyc is so damn good! Makes me lose hope and no other character will have a chance with my covers...
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    My reaction: @&&$&@$$$&^%%. $&$&@%^^#*! Is this *#$$@ing April fools! Lol true story.
  • I wanted to say that the implementation of the 4* ddq was the first time in MPQ that I felt like the devs were giving me the finger, but then I remembered when they tried to make alliances free without giving an hp refund to those who sunk tons of money into them. This is a solid 2nd place though.

I don't see how this can be taken any other way than, "if you are not dedicating you're mind, heart, and soul to this game, we don't care about you. At all."
  • Bishop
    It was a good idea, just delivered.................hmmm?........stupidly? No......hmmm.......executed poorly? Better ill go with that.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    the thing that is most concerning is the only people that can beat that node are people with developed 4* rosters. and they probably won't need the cover they're going to get anyways. while the people who need the cover have no chance.

my x-force is at level 94. what can i possibly do against a level 270 character?
  • Today's DDQ is just a **** pain.
    I tried bringing Falcon and Iron Man to back up Steve, but got my **** kicked despite a 60+ level advantage. Standard **** cheating. AI drops an Ambush tiles and then red cascades. And I don't get any Yellow or Blue tiles, which is what my team is based around. But plenty of green tiles for Daken. How convenient.
  • Bishop
    jredd wrote:
    the thing that is most concerning is the only people that can beat that node are people with developed 4* rosters. and they probably won't need the cover they're going to get anyways. while the people who need the cover have no chance.

my x-force is at level 94. what can i possibly do against a level 270 character?

Pluck his hair one at a time until he gives up?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unanticipated side-effect: Spending so much time as Wolveroach trying to beat the node I forgot Moon Roach's shield was expiring in W O M. By the time I beat the damn thing it was 12:45 am, I'd dropped from 1008 to about 750, and no point even thinking about trying for 1300. Ah well.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    The is another hero points grab once again. First true healing, then let's give every free levels, and now impossible hard node where if you already have a 4* roster develops u might have a chance to beat this nodes. So if u want to try with under covered under leveled character buy boosts and if you want to bang your head again this node buy health packs. so that was D3's ploy once again, spend hero points if you want to play longer.

"this too shall pass"
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I think the problem is putting this in DDQ. The users have been so coddled by how easy DDQ is that they can't take a challenge or the idea that not everything in MPQ needs to be as easy as DDQ has always been.

If more of these battles are against boosted 3*s, it is going to be tough. Cyclops has the most damage per AP of all of the 3*s and is the one that is most likely to destroy a low health 4* like XFW, especially one that doesn't do a ton of damage per AP until he gets a lot of covers. A boosted Cyclops can one shot a high level wolverine... that's frustrating.

To me, this might well be one of the most difficult 4* to 3* matches that they could present. So everyone take a deep breath, chill out, and maybe you will get a legendary token the next time if you didn't get one this time. Or maybe you won't. Maybe this is like gauntlet and they don't expect everyone to be able to complete it all the time. I didn't come to the forums the first three times I played the gauntlet expecting to be handed the reward for completing it.

Good luck, and may the board be with you.
    I hope you are right that this will be one of the most difficult 4* nodes, but unfortunately I am pessimistic. I see a 20 min battle with Profesor X vs Cmags at 270. I see king pin vs Dare Devil, bullseye vs Electra, Gamora vs Star lord all being brutal 4* battles. IW vs Doom will be tough, and the new 4* will be tough no matter who they face. Carnage Vs Spider-Man might be the easiest battle since Spider-Man has no damage abilities. Overall there are going to be some brutal matches in this 4* event and the fact the AI is higher level and we don't get a team up, and most of the transitioning player base is under cover 4* is just a little extreme from how the Dev's talked about it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I hope you are right that this will be one of the most difficult 4* nodes, but unfortunately I am pessimistic. I see a 20 min battle with Profesor X vs Cmags at 270. I see king pin vs Dare Devil, bullseye vs Electra, Gamora vs Star lord all being brutal 4* battles. IW vs Doom will be tough, and the new 4* will be tough no matter who they face. Carnage Vs Spider-Man might be the easiest battle since Spider-Man has no damage abilities. Overall there are going to be some brutal matches in this 4* event and the fact the AI is higher level and we don't get a team up, and most of the transitioning player base is under cover 4* is just a little extreme from how the Dev's talked about it.

nah, they will boost 1* spidey to 270 to fight carnage. I hope you like critical tiles!
  • If there's one thing I've learned from all this it's that xforce greenflag.png is completely worthless. The damage it does is puny compared to other abilities of similar cost, and the only thing it's good for is causing cascades.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    This matchup is making me envision XForce doing unpleasant things to Cyclops' eyes at the end of this match. Infuriating. One time I had the Surgical Strike all set up and then the board decides there are no more moves and it shakes up to a whole bunch of reds. Hello Optical Blasts. Goodbye Crispy XForce. Sigh. The fact that he has a team-up too is garbage.

I'm fuming here, but then again, I faced a time where I couldn't do the Big Enchilada until I leveled up some people. There will be a time that I start winning this regularly. Just going to stink to get there...

Biggest change - make the opponent lose his or her TU or give us something. Boosts aren't enough for many.
  • ^ no. This and big enchilada are not even close to the same.

Not even close.

And if this node pops up again in 6 months and you havent got another x-force cover, how then would you beat it?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:

If we still can't beat it, then wait a bit longer while we strengthen our roster further ?

If someones xfw can't beat this node now, and 6 months from now that person's xfw is still the same and they can't beat it then, wait... actually what does that mean? That the person quit the game? That the 4* transition plan failed? That they aren't trying hard enough? I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean?
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    I will admit that I had the same idea as, it seems, most people did who have posted to this thread. When I first heard about the new 4* DDQ I considered it a way to help level up my 4* characters. I even posted to my alliance that the thing I dreaded most was pulling a SS with my first token as I would then, probably, need to wait a year to get a second cover. I wanted the 4* covers to rank up my roster more than anything else.

When I heard that Xforce would be the first 4* DDQ I was pretty happy as that was my best 4* with 5 covers (3 green, 1 black, 1 yellow). So it goes live today and my first surprise was it being a 1 vs. 1 match (I hadn't heard about that). I had thought that it would be more like the Big Enchilada but with tougher opponents or more waves. Even so, I tried it several times and failed miserably each time. I tried stacking boosts, until I ran out. I used health packs, until I ran out. My best round I got some incredibly lucky cascades and was able to heal twice before Cyc got enough red to down me. On that round I had actually gotten Cyc down to about 5K and felt some hope, only to be dashed into the rocks.

So, at least for now, I have no real hope of gaining the Legendary token from DDQ. I will say I was fairly irritated at how this worked out, for about 10 minutes. And then I thought back over my time in this game. I remembered that I only downloaded it as something to do during my down times. I don't spend very much money on it and I never expected to be a top tier player. So, I will continue to get my butt kicked by the higher players, hold my own against players similar to me, and beat up on the lower players. That's pretty much the same as any other multiplayer game I have ever gotten into.

I do see some hope though. 3 months ago I had never ranked over top 50 or scored more than 500 in a PVP event. In the last couple of weeks I have exceeded 800 twice (once in Stretch Goals and once in Blue Shift) and scored above top 25 both times. I will still get in those slices where the top 10 players all have stacked 4* rosters, but I will also still get in those slices where I can play at being the big dog for a little while. So for me, the game just continues on as it always has. And eventually, I will get to a point where I can laugh at the 4* DDQ the same way that, now, I can laugh at the Big Enchilada.

So, no advice to the Devs. No defending or attacking other people that have posted here. Not even really a rant. Just one relatively casual players reaction to the new level in the game.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    There was no sarcasm included in the above post. If you read it, just read what I wrote. Please don't read into it what you want.

Peace Be The Journey.
    Croaker.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I know is I friggin' woke up early for this. Not necessarily because I expected to earn the token, but because I was excited to see what the node would look like. Like, I was in the middle of a dream and my brain interjected "4* DDQ" into the dream, I woke up, turned on the game and...oh.

I'm...really kind of annoyed right now. Again, not because I expected to earn the token - not with a 1/1/1 - but because I thought it might be a thing where, okay, Wolverine (4) probably isn't well-covered enough to do it, but maybe my Nick Fury, who has 3 covers in one power (and one in another) might have a shot at it next week.

After seeing the first go-round, I'm skeptical about that. And after Fury, NONE of my 4* have the ability to get it done.

I'm not going to shield-hop in PVP to get to 1000 or 1300 - partly because PVP is something I play only occasionally. I don't want to feel like that's being forced on me if I want my 4* to get anywhere, and partly because that would feel like 'oh hey pay to win is here.' I'm not a whale, but I do spend a few bucks here and there on MPQ.

Unless another shoe has yet to drop on getting wider distribution of 4* covers, I'm done with the spending for a while. The DDQ today broke me. Rostering a single cover of a 4* is pointless if I'm never going to see another cover of it. Maybe in two years when I finally get to the point where the dailies are largely 4*.

Ha ha ha