4* Deadpool Daily reactions

167891012»

Comments

• Haetron wrote:
    joedela wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Don't forget draining every single node to 1 point before a sub ends and having a new clear just as the new sub starts.

I've never had to do that to max a PvE or finish T100. I got T20 in The Hunt adn walked away with blackflag.png & yellowflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png and only had to grind the last 30 minutes of the event to stay up there. Guess I just get put in easy brackets in easy slices and a super low MMR?

considering you just said you took a 4 month break, that is quite possible.

It was a joke. MMR doesn't effect PvE to level that it does in PvP. Roster strength and personal scaling are far more important.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    joedela wrote:
    It was a joke. MMR doesn't effect PvE to level that it does in PvP. Roster strength and personal scaling are far more important.
    however if you are away from the game for a long enough time you get thrown down into the noob brackets for a short time icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose wrote:
    joedela wrote:
    however if you are away from the game for a long enough time you get thrown down into the noob brackets for a short time icon_e_wink.gif
    Skipping a ton of pves reduce your personal scaling.
  • You know why this node stinks? I just realized today that you have a better chance of pulling a 4* or a Legendary token from a Taco Token, than you do as a 3*>4* transitioner doing the node. You get 10 chances to hit the 1/300 shot for a Legendary, with two more 4* covers to boot. This node is just about useless for anyone who needs it.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Just a brief conceptual observation then I'll be on my way again.

HARD is having to figure out which three members of your roster are going to make it through four waves of ninjas.

HARD is beating the gauntlet node that has two of your three A team characters.

HARD is a going into a PvP with a loaner.

Replaying the same exact 1v1 fight over and over again until you finally get a board that lets you win is not HARD it is LUCK.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    I think the problem is putting this in DDQ. The users have been so coddled by how easy DDQ is that they can't take a challenge or the idea that not everything in MPQ needs to be as easy as DDQ has always been.

If more of these battles are against boosted 3*s, it is going to be tough. Cyclops has the most damage per AP of all of the 3*s and is the one that is most likely to destroy a low health 4* like XFW, especially one that doesn't do a ton of damage per AP until he gets a lot of covers. A boosted Cyclops can one shot a high level wolverine... that's frustrating.

To me, this might well be one of the most difficult 4* to 3* matches that they could present. So everyone take a deep breath, chill out, and maybe you will get a legendary token the next time if you didn't get one this time. Or maybe you won't. Maybe this is like gauntlet and they don't expect everyone to be able to complete it all the time. I didn't come to the forums the first three times I played the gauntlet expecting to be handed the reward for completing it.

Good luck, and may the board be with you.
    I hope you are right that this will be one of the most difficult 4* nodes, but unfortunately I am pessimistic. I see a 20 min battle with Profesor X vs Cmags at 270. I see king pin vs Dare Devil, bullseye vs Electra, Gamora vs Star lord all being brutal 4* battles. IW vs Doom will be tough, and the new 4* will be tough no matter who they face. Carnage Vs Spider-Man might be the easiest battle since Spider-Man has no damage abilities. Overall there are going to be some brutal matches in this 4* event and the fact the AI is higher level and we don't get a team up, and most of the transitioning player base is under cover 4* is just a little extreme from how the Dev's talked about it.

IW versus any non board shaking, non aoe character will be pretty simple with invisibility.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Today's node was easier than last week.

I won today's node on my third attempt with a 4/2/1 120 Nick. I beat last weeks as well.

The reason I'm saying this is so that when I complain, it isn't automatically assumed that I want the prize "given" to me.

This was not the 3-4* transition we assumed it would be. This does not help the majority of the player base that are working on a 3-4* transition.

Being DPD, the acquisition of 4* covers should be based on the strength of your 3* roster, while requiring that you own the essential 4* character.

The disconnect between the developers and the average player has never seemed so great.

It is great that most of us here on the forums have been able to complete this event, but in fairness, the bar has been set too high.