4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• Legendary tokens are THE ONLY WAY to get a 5* character. So by definition they are meant for 4* -> 5* transitioners.

The 1,000 pt PvP progression reward is the primary mechanism for 3* players to acquire 4* covers. I'm sorry if you thought a 4* DDQ would change this, but as soon as it was known that a legendary token would be the reward it should have become apparent that it is meant for the 4* -> 5* transition.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with the 1000 point cover is that six 4* covers every two weeks is seven fewer covers than we need to even reach parity with the rate of new releases. Right now 4* transitioners are going deeper and deeper underwater and what we thought was a life preserver for us was actually aimed at the people who already have a boat.
  • Sorry but 95%>5%. Even after, 90%>10%.

Because I can get 4*s on heroics doesn't mean heroics are there to help the 4* transition. Or standards.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary tokens are THE ONLY WAY to get a 5* character. So by definition they are meant for 4* -> 5* transitioners.

The 1,000 pt PvP progression reward is the primary mechanism for 3* players to acquire 4* covers. I'm sorry if you thought a 4* DDQ would change this, but as soon as it was known that a legendary token would be the reward it should have become apparent that it is meant for the 4* -> 5* transition.
    YOUR definition, for me this is the way to get 4* for those of us unable to buy HP for the multiple shield hops required for PVP, or who have busy lives both work and personal that do not allow the progression grind in PVP.
    The expectation was presented by IceIX that it would be difficult but possible with under-covered 4*'s.

My XFW is 3/4/1 lvl 140, boosts didnt help, nor did denying colors. Denied red, he got yellow, made red. Denied yellow, he got red and black. Denied red, yellow, he got 15 black (while i'm left with blue and purple).

The condescension in these threads is unwarranted and unnecessary.
    With all the **** merged together, i have no idea if a dev has commented or not, and it feels like they really do not care to read them. I have a hard enough time wading through the smart-**** to try to find a dev response that isnt on a locked thread and at all helpful.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Boss battles in all games are hard. They should be difficult. the payoff should be high. And it should be harder to beat a boss battle with a character that is not fully leveled.

That said... Now that everyone has seen what the new DDQ node is like, you can plan better for the next one. Start leveling your Nick Fury. Cash in those tokens you've been hoarding if you need more covers to compete.

It won't be easy for everyone every week. But it will be easier as your roster builds. Just hang in and play.

The vets who are playing and beating the node built thier rosters over hundreds of days play time. Progress takes time. If it didn't, the game wouldn't be worth playing. You'd be playing bejeweled blitz instead.

Happy match 3'ing all
  • Jawsome
    Jawsome Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    This is ridiculous, I was waiting to see this event before deciding what to do with this game but after seeing it I'm out. I quit.

I've been playing for about a year now and I'm *finally* starting to get out of the 3 star phase and thinking about the 4 star phase, and as SOON as this happens 5 stars are announced, 4 stars are being buffed, and 3 stars are on the path of irrelevance.

Ok thats still a long way out though, and supposedly there will be tons of ways to get into the 4 star game now.

But wait no, this event is garbage, I have 6 covers on my x force and ZERO chance of beating him (2/1/3 and max level for covers). Any of his abilities 1 shot me. 7 Yellow likely generates enough red to guarantee a kill, even if I had taken zero match damage. I have every other 4 star besides nick fury, and there is also zero chance I will be able to beat any other match up with them either, except maybe hulk buster vs hulk.

I can play 3x a day at about an hour half a day just on PvE to get these legendary tokens but thats still about 10 hours playing a week JUST for a single 4 star cover, and maybe a 5 star cover. Getting a 5 star actually scares the hell out of me too, because my scaling in PvE will fall to ruin.

On top of that, every 2 weeks a new 4 star is launched,meaning theres 26 covers added to the pool EVERY MONTH. I can, AT BEST, doing all the pve I can and getting the top 100 plus alliance cover for the new 4 stars, get about 11 covers per month.

The carrot on this stick is flying away and there is no chance of catching it, so I'm out.

Enjoy your elder game guys, but I don't see how you're going to get any new players joining this game if theres no way to catch up. And eventually all your elder players will get bored and leave too, meaning this game is on its way out, so why should any of us be spending money on it.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    nonnel wrote:
    Boss battles in all games are hard. They should be difficult. the payoff should be high. And it should be harder to beat a boss battle with a character that is not fully leveled.

That said... Now that everyone has seen what the new DDQ node is like, you can plan better for the next one. Start leveling your Nick Fury. Cash in those tokens you've been hoarding if you need more covers to compete.

It won't be easy for everyone every week. But it will be easier as your roster builds. Just hang in and play.

The vets who are playing and beating the node built thier rosters over hundreds of days play time. Progress takes time. If it didn't, the game wouldn't be worth playing. You'd be playing bejeweled blitz instead.

Happy match 3'ing all

This is the most detached post I've seen. You must be applying for a community manager position.

If people could simply swoop up 4 star covers and iso as simply as you claim, they wouldn't be upset right now lol.
    They'd 'grab the covers and level up there wolverine' to finish.

If there were a reasonable way to get enough 4 star nick fury covers in the next 5 days, people would only need the legendaries for 5 star covers, which isn't whats going on here.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    between here and their facebook page it will be really hard to ignore. it's on fire there too https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/posts_to_page
    While i do think it is too hard 4 transitioners (facing probably the nearest 3 star to a 4 star maxed to compete with a 4 star lol)i wouldnt use facebook for an example.mpqs page is full of moany self entitled ppl that think any score over 1k must be some1 cheating.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    between here and their facebook page it will be really hard to ignore. it's on fire there too https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/posts_to_page
    While i do think it is too hard 4 transitioners (facing probably the nearest 3 star to a 4 star maxed to compete with a 4 star lol)i wouldnt use facebook for an example.mpqs page is full of moany self entitled ppl that think any score over 1k must be some1 cheating.
    At the same time bad opinions don't invalidate good ones.

There is no such thing as moral absolutism on grand scales.

10 **** ideas on the forums doesn't maker it a place full of **** ideas.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really isn't about wanting freebies, although - yay, freebies! Like most MPQ snafus this is all about managing player expectations. For some reason, they really seem to bork that up.
    QFT

People see that more and more 4* being released means it will be harder and harder to get enough covers for anyone, so they think that whatever changes happening now will make that process easier. As mentioned, this 4*DDQ node is very difficult and that kind of flew in the face of most people's expectations (sorry, but saying b/c it has a chance of 5* we all should have known it would be so hard is just wrong and also unproductive). All we had to go on was IceIX saying it would be extremely difficult to win with a 1 cover 4* (when reality is it's impossible) and that he could beat a decent amount of them with his roster (mostly 6-8 covers).

So, for what this is, I'm sure it's fantastic. It's a very difficult node that rewards you handsomely (legendary tokens are all the rage I hear) for having a fairly well-covered 4*. That's certainly going to do more for those mostly already in the 4* realm as opposed to those trying to transition into it. They just needed to communicate that better to us. Or it's not really what they intended and it's a bit of a failure so they should fix it in the future.

In either event they still need more ways to get 4* out to those transitioning. There are so many now that this 1k in PvP thing everyone says is how you should transition will get you 1 cover for any specific character every 5-6 weeks. That's just a ridiculous proposition and I'm frankly a bit astounded at some of the vets here pushing that option as a viable means of transition. So - give us a 3*/4* token instead that's maybe 50/50, or 4* PvP events that give out multiple 4* covers as rewards (which is still a rich get richer scenario, but if the 1 cover reward is extended low enough it will help).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Whew, my X-force Wolverine is really been hitting the mat today. I just finished my 11th attempt and poor Wolvie didn't even get Mr. Red down below 12,000.
    Has anyone with a x/1/x Wolverinie managed to beat the node? Mine is level 166, 4/1/3, and the closest I've gotten is knocking him down to 5.9k with some truly amazing cascade luck. If the fight had been against a level 140 - 180 Cyclops I have the feeling that I might have been able to beat it.

My 1/1/1 got him down to 2.9k. Once.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    See my post in the feedback/suggestions on 3* to 4* transitions I posted today for my take. I am a mid tier player who was really disheartened when I found out this was not a tool to help players transition. My post has a lot more detail that I hope the developers take heed of about the future of the game.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32858
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    YOUR definition, for me this is the way to get 4* for those of us unable to buy HP for the multiple shield hops required for PVP, or who have busy lives both work and personal that do not allow the progression grind in PVP.

So basically you want the same cool shiny stuff that other people have achieved by putting in time, effort and/or money, but without actually having to do anything for it. All right then.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like most MPQ snafus this is all about managing player expectations.
    IceIX said, "expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there". It's not his fault that players ended up expecting otherwise. They delivered what they told us to expect.
  • I get the impression that there's a clear division forming from the 2-3 and 4-5 crowd forming, both from the level differences in content and the reward range from the token.

Pretty sure part of the goal is to boot people into leveling their rosters past 94-120 and into the 4-5 range accordingly, since iso is a partial revenue source. It's becoming more and more apparent 4 stars aren't meant for people with 94-120 rosters.

There's two potential things that could shake out of this, one being a new token similar to the legendary token, that contains 3 stars, with a 10 percent chance at a 4 star, or a separate bracket of events for the 2-3 crowd so they're able to advance into 3 star realm by placement instead of the new found grind by the introduction of legendary tokens.

As someone in the 3 star realm firmly right now, the 4 star node definitely gave me the impression of "YOU ARE NOT READY YET" because I only have a 1 cover wolverine, so no amount of tactics will overcome that 200 level gap. Maybe it's the new shiny, but between that and the new placement scores in pve, I'm finding myself in an awkward spot where maybe the best thing to do is bow out of pve and pvp and just play DDQ until my 3 stars are able to be advanced to be able to PVP reliably for 1000 progression pvp.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

So basically you want the same cool shiny stuff that other people have achieved by putting in time, effort and/or money, but without actually having to do anything for it. All right then.
    You mean like DDQ did for the 3*s but at a 1/5 of the rate and random? Hell yes, it's what we want. Specially when it's the devs response to the wave of 4*s we have now, and more to come.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    IceIX said, "expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there". It's not his fault that players ended up expecting otherwise. They delivered what they told us to expect.

While there will always be players who have unrealistic expectations, I think it's pretty clear from the reaction that what IceIX said was hardly explanation enough. They want to be coy and this sort of brouhaha is the price they pay. From past dust-ups, however, I'd guess they don't give a tinker's damn how players react. That, however, doesn't make it any less frustrating for players who *want* to love this game and feel constantly like the rug is yanked out from under them. It would have been very simple for them to properly set expectations, but they chose not to.

Meh.
  • simonsez wrote:
    His post continued with "and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it", implying it was possible even tho very hard. 10, 20 tries? OK, but possible.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Haetron wrote:
    I get the impression that there's a clear division forming from the 2-3 and 4-5 crowd forming, both from the level differences in content and the reward range from the token.

Pretty sure part of the goal is to boot people into leveling their rosters past 94-120 and into the 4-5 range accordingly, since iso is a partial revenue source. It's becoming more and more apparent 4 stars aren't meant for people with 94-120 rosters.

There's two potential things that could shake out of this, one being a new token similar to the legendary token, that contains 3 stars, with a 10 percent chance at a 4 star, or a separate bracket of events for the 2-3 crowd so they're able to advance into 3 star realm by placement instead of the new found grind by the introduction of legendary tokens.

As someone in the 3 star realm firmly right now, the 4 star node definitely gave me the impression of "YOU ARE NOT READY YET" because I only have a 1 cover wolverine, so no amount of tactics will overcome that 200 level gap. Maybe it's the new shiny, but between that and the new placement scores in pve, I'm finding myself in an awkward spot where maybe the best thing to do is bow out of pve and pvp and just play DDQ until my 3 stars are able to be advanced to be able to PVP reliably for 1000 progression pvp.

This is exactly where I'm at with all this.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

You mean like DDQ did for the 3*s but at a 1/5 of the rate and random? Hell yes, it's what we want. Specially when it's the devs response to the wave of 4*s we have now, and more to come.

I think your expectations of what this 5-day DDQ node really is are a bit too high. It'll give you a shot at getting a 5*, and it will help you add to your 4*roster (with the downside that it's random, but with the upside that, unlike that daily 3* cover, you have a chance of actually pulling a new character), but in itself it's a very minor addition to the 3-4 transition. You're still going to have to get the bulk of your 4* covers by other means to progress at a significant rate. Players who currently have useable 4* rosters have put time, effort and/or money (not me on the latter, I'm F2P scum) to get them, and any other player who wants to get to that point will have to do the same.