4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• Less players will have newer (relatively speaking) covers for 4* than the typical player has for XFW. He's the oldest 4*, he's the first daily reward for 4*, and back when there were limited 4* the draw chance of XFW was much better.

Personally, I have I have only two cover-maxed 4*, XFW and Dino. Next best is Fury at 10 covers, then HB at 5. I've been playing almost 600 days.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Of course it's an overreaction - just how everyone raged at the other decisions the devs have made (X-Force / Thoress nerfs, true healing, etc). My favorite was how people would go "boost the weaker characters, not nerf the strong ones" so they did just that with the health buff - and those same people still raged calling it a "stealth nerf."

When something like this is released with the tagline of helping people transition to 4*, people are going to rage about it - especially when their previous experience with DPD was that it only took 1 cover to get the 3* reward.

If it was like the Ant-Man event for a single day or a week and you got a guaranteed cover (instead of a token), I think you'd find people would be much happier.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I think there is a bit of a gap between the stated purpose of helping people transition to 4* land and a real world implementation that require 10+ covered 4* to participate.

That said, I do think cyclops is a particularly brutal opponent to boost to 270. So other undercovered 4* May be more viable, which would improve the value of these nodes as a 4* transition tool.
  • Look at DDQ. Having one cover from said 3* gives you another one. People beat it entirely with 2* teams.

The jump for the new node is huge, looks like Wolverine being thrown by she-hulk on Old Man Logan #3.

It's more a place to finish/fix the 11+ covers 4*s and not a place to build your 4*s. And a place to build the 4*s is what we were told it was.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The newest top tier 5* characters can only be earned via new legendary tokens. There is a new event that affords the ability earn one of these tokens by winning ONE match, and the community freaks out because that one match is challenging.

Yes. People are absolutely overreacting.

Which is why we should have had a Growth Industry-type event within DDQ, a 4* tier for rewards.

I agree that we should have to work hard for a guaranteed 4* but the 1v1 reminds me of playing insane boss battles in the old Nintendo days.. it was not fun having Dracula destroy you in Castlevania.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mods, can you lock this thread? Already a thread opened discussing 4* DDQ.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    It is supposed to be super tough. Look at the equivalent options
    1) 2x the progression mark in pve
    2) 1300 in pvp
    3) 1 in 300 chance in deadpool token vault (sometimes. Only if available)

It is maybe the easiest of the 4 options. The pve one takes playing STEADILY for 3, 4 or 7 days hitting EVERY node (including 2* 3* 4* essentials) w great sub end finishes. The pvp one takes a great roster (at least a few elite guys) & judicious management of hp (shields), shard choice and timing of playing; generally speaking 12+ hrs for "day 1 monsters" & up to 2 days for some. Certainly a usage of hp by anyone who hits 1300: minimum 75 & as much as 675+ (675 being 3 sets of 3 & 8, which is an insane amount for many but "worth it" for the prize). The deadpool token is a 1 in 300 chance when a deadpool token is available there. Assuming it's like any other 4* token, it's on a rotation so maybe available a couple of times per month.

EDITED: 4) 10,000 pts in season mode. This is obviously a high mark. Last season the average for a top 100 alliance was around 11,000 per person. I'd actually say this is this 2nd easiest method but by far the most time consuming (probably taking 80-90% of the season for most everyone who gets this)

TL:DR legendary tokens in all other forms require 2-7 days of highest quality play or exceptional luck. This is very difficult but easier than the other methods
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Its exactly how I suspected it would be when it was first announced. If it was intended as any sort of 3 to 4 star transition, its an utter failure. Which makes you wonder what the actual intended purpose was.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    They've been silent, as they usually are when they implement a change no one likes after they've led people on for the millionth time into thinking they actually cared about player feedback or making the game enjoyable.

So throwing this out there. I'm planning on deleting my roster this evening, but am holding off a) since it'll take some time, b) to think it over, and c) to see if the devs acknowledge how badly they screwed the pooch on this (the pooch being their players for anyone who didn't get that).

When I check back tonight, I hope to see something more positive from them. To all the other MPQ'ers out there, hope you're doing well, despite how poorly you're treated by the devs.

heres some tissues to go cry into .

i really hope they dont change a thing about it. They never said it was going to be easy. Why the hell should it be easy. What do you want 10 to 20 4 star tokens every season and then in 3 to 4 months people be crying

Theres nothing to do i max out my 4 stars boo hoo ooo..

5 star too hard then go play VS and get the item at 1300 pts.. If 1300 pts is too hard for you to get then play double progression in PVE.. That too hard then your not ready to be moved over into 4 star land

We get it you payed for your roster and you don't want anybody to get them for free..
  • You were told ... or assumed?
    Told, by Ice. It's ok if you didnt give attention to his posts on the matter, but he did say it would be doable with a weak 4* roster.
  • What a joke and insult. Anybody else notice the threads about the new DDQ keep disappearing? I was expecting gauntlet hard not impossible with a goal of eating all my boosts for a shot at random dumb luck. Time to find a new game!
  • Sutter28 wrote:
    What a joke and insult. Anybody else notice the threads about the new DDQ keep disappearing? I was expecting gauntlet hard not impossible with a goal of eating all my boosts for a shot at random dumb luck. Time to find a new game!
    They were merged.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Bishop wrote:

We get it you payed for your roster and you don't want anybody to get them for free..

Have you seen slidecage's roster??? Joke's on you, sir. icon_lol.gif
    icon_lol.gif I stand corrected.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sutter28 wrote:
    What a joke and insult. Anybody else notice the threads about the new DDQ keep disappearing? I was expecting gauntlet hard not impossible with a goal of eating all my boosts for a shot at random dumb luck. Time to find a new game!

They're being merged into existing threads about the same subject. That's called good moderating.

Also, if you find this fight harder than the Gauntlet, you must not yet have experienced the joys of L395 opponents.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    My XF is 5-1-2, and this node is fun for the 7-8 turns I can play (even with boosts) until Cyclops OSKs me with an Optic Blast.

Which is hella encouraging (/sarcasm), seeing as how my next-best-covered 4* is Thoress at 2-3-1.

No Super DDQ for me, I guess.....
  • haosmoove
    haosmoove Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Look man I appreciate that you want to help people but there should NEVER be a match where one power kills you.

Even the most jaded people defending D3 and this node should at least agree with that. I would not mind a challenging match but this is a flat out joke. Yes we can try to not let him get any of his matches, obviously but man.... its way too much.

This is intended for people with more developed 4* lineups, although with planning and a little bit of luck, it's still doable but very hard. As in you will die 1 shot.

I was able to down cycle with my 1/2/2. With a little luck, it will not be a hard task for you. I think the above posters gave really good tips. This is how i beat it ordered by priority:

1)Get black
    2)Deny red
    3)Get yellow
    4)Get green

I didn't bother with tu, it's pretty harmless.

Skills
    Black: cyc will be able to fire his yellow a couple times throughout the match, dont panic! Fire off black right before his yellow. Or if there aren't immediate matches and you can afford to give 3 or 4 red ap, fire black right afterwards for more dmg.

Yellow: see if you really need the healing, sometimes it's better to match the cd for dmg and ap.

Green: use it only when the board is bad (multiple black and/or red matches that you cant deny, or you are forced to match into cycs black/red)
  • Doesn't mean it's anywhere close to what ice said here in the forum for the entire player base.
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    IceIX wrote:
    So the players who are transitioning 3*->4* don't have much shot at the rotation for legendary tokens?
    Depends on the 4*. I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live. And as anyone who has seen my roster knows, I'm not living la vida 4* yet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/
  • I think people need to step back from what Ice said (or what you assumed he said), and think about the purpose of 4* DDQ. It's to transition from 4 to 5. It's not to help transition from 3 to 4 (since you can't even use any 3*'s).

So, if you are at the 4 to 5 transition, you might have some chances or legendarys. If you are not, you need to work on hitting 1k in PVP, and getting 4*'s from events etc (and get lucky with packs).

If you watch the videos were they are discussing this, they are talking about it being the high end of the game (end game).

Also, lots of people don't have all/most of the 4*'s covered, so even some of the people in the 4 to 5 transition won't be able to beat some of these. It's not meant to be easy.
  • It was like having teeth pulled with no anaesthetic lol
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I am disappointed with the 4* ddq node too. It seems designed for 4* players to get 5*, which makes legendary tokens about 80% useless.

But maybe it's not SO bad. Cyclops is universally considered among the strongest 3*a in the game. So of course he is an absolute beast at level 270.

But kingpin will probably have to fight daredevil, which isn't nearly as intimidating. Isn't it possible that other matchup will be less broken?

(note that this is a devil's advocate position. As I have stated in other threads, I would prefer to see this 4* node calibrated down to veteran 3* player level, or else see other chanels for 4* acquisition added to the game.)

Hey mods! This isn't 4*ddq reaction, this is meta-reaction! That's totally different. It deserved its separate thread! icon_e_wink.gif