4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• So let's ignore a dev and assume they just skipped entirely one step in the game progression. Yeah.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    barrok wrote:
    It's to transition from 4 to 5. It's not to help transition from 3 to 4 (since you can't even use any 3*'s).
    I have to strongly disagree seeing as how you will pull more 4* than 5*. It is for 3>4 not 4>5.

With that being said even maxed 4*s are wiping hard on this, it's broken and needs to be fixed.

Simple fix, allow TU and reduce scaling to 240
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Merging these threads is tinykitty as it makes them difficult to follow the various thoughts and conversations. The Devs need to be able to follow our thoughts if they are to be able to take them into consideration and make adjustments.

Not that it matters as no RedNames are browsing the forum.

Those assuming this was designed for 4-5* transition are making facts out of assumptions as well.

IceIX did imply that it would be difficult, and not for sparsely covered 4* rosters. His personal roster implied if you had half of the covers, you had a shot with TU's. They may not have restricted them at that time. I honestly believe they did not play test again after deciding to block TU's.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Doesn't mean it's anywhere close to what ice said here in the forum for the entire player base.
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    IceIX wrote:
    So the players who are transitioning 3*->4* don't have much shot at the rotation for legendary tokens?
    Depends on the 4*. I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live. And as anyone who has seen my roster knows, I'm not living la vida 4* yet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/
    looking at his roster and now having played the node with my 120 (2/4/1) xforce, my guess is that he might could finish the node with his xforce, fury, and possibly IW, depending on the matchup. I don't think he was deceptive there. I just think it came in at a much higher level than we thought. most of us will get over it and move on. my fury is 1/2/1 level 94, so pretty slim chance for me next go.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    haosmoove wrote:
    I was able to down cycle with my 1/2/2. With a little luck, it will not be a hard task for you. I think the above posters gave really good tips. This is how i beat it ordered by priority:

1)Get black
    2)Deny red
    3)Get yellow
    4)Get green

I didn't bother with tu, it's pretty harmless.

Skills
    Black: cyc will be able to fire his yellow a couple times throughout the match, dont panic! Fire off black right before his yellow. Or if there aren't immediate matches and you can afford to give 3 or 4 red ap, fire black right afterwards for more dmg.

Yellow: see if you really need the healing, sometimes it's better to match the cd for dmg and ap.

Green: use it only when the board is bad (multiple black and/or red matches that you cant deny, or you are forced to match into cycs black/red)

I used your tips a couple of times. They did help. I was able to get Cyclops down to about 9000 health before getting OSK'd....
  • mjh wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    It's to transition from 4 to 5. It's not to help transition from 3 to 4 (since you can't even use any 3*'s).
    I have to strongly disagree seeing as how you will pull more 4* than 5*. It is for 3>4 not 4>5.

With that being said even maxed 4*s are wiping hard on this, it's broken and needs to be fixed.

Simple fix, allow TU and reduce scaling to 240

A 3* to 4* transition implies you can use your strong 3* roster to help you get 4*'s (much like hitting 1k in PVP).

You can't use ANY 3*'s here, so you could have all 3*'s maxed at 166 but that doesn't mean anything here.

This is purely for 4* (semi covered to fully covered) players to help transition to the next level of the game. PVE progression will help 3 to 4* users get more 4* covers, but this DDQ appears to be more centered on the 4* to 5* conversion. This is very similar to being in the 2* to 3* transition and trying DDQ for the first time. You probably got owned (I know I did) But as I developed my roster I was able to complete DDQ more frequently.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Doesn't mean it's anywhere close to what ice said here in the forum for the entire player base.
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    IceIX wrote:
    So the players who are transitioning 3*->4* don't have much shot at the rotation for legendary tokens?
    Depends on the 4*. I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live. And as anyone who has seen my roster knows, I'm not living la vida 4* yet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/

Thanks, was going to look for this. For those who don't click on link:
    XF 3/4/2 level 188 -- we've seen this win today.
    GT 2/2/2 level 127 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    Fury 1/4/3 level 120 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    SL 3/1/1 level 115 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    HB 2/2/1 level 111 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    IW 4/3/4 level 110 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    DD 1/1/5 level 110 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    Carnage 2/0/2 level 106 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    Elektra 2/0/1 level 106 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.

"I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live." -- I simply do not believe that. Perhaps originally you were playing vs 166's rather than 270's? I bet a undercovered/low level 4* could, with difficulty, beat a 166. They aren't beating 270's.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    barrok wrote:
    I think people need to step back from what Ice said (or what you assumed he said), and think about the purpose of 4* DDQ. It's to transition from 4 to 5. It's not to help transition from 3 to 4 (since you can't even use any 3*'s).

So, if you are at the 4 to 5 transition, you might have some chances or legendarys. If you are not, you need to work on hitting 1k in PVP, and getting 4*'s from events etc (and get lucky with packs).

If you watch the videos were they are discussing this, they are talking about it being the high end of the game (end game).

Also, lots of people don't have all/most of the 4*'s covered, so even some of the people in the 4 to 5 transition won't be able to beat some of these. It's not meant to be easy.

Shionsin helpfully quoted Ice's comments on the subject and I think they are a little hard to square with the reality. I will be absolutely shocked if a 1 cover xforce defeats this node today. It's not "an extremely difficult time," it's (to my mind) impossible. Even if you perfectly deny cyclops all of his covers for the whole match, his match damage will drop a level 70 xforce before any 1cover power can whittle cyclops down.

We will have to wait and see what effect this system has in the long run, but at fist glance this implementation is a little disappointing. Its not going to make the 4* transition significantly faster early on, but it might help the back half of the 4* transition if a 7 or 8 cover character can be conpetitive (and again, this is stated as someone who has already beaten the node and will probably be able to complete it for 5-8 of the 4*s. I think that makes me the target audience).
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    There's no denying this node is a super pain in the ****! That being said, I beat it using my lvl 152 3/3/1, my alliance mate beat it with a lvl 126 5/3/3, and another beat it with a lvl 167 5/1/3.

It's not impossible if you have a few covers (obviously black being preferable). It took me 7 tries and I took full advantage of boosts. It does require both luck and strategy, but it's definitely possible and still much quicker than any other route (minus a lucky vault token icon_lol.gif ) to get a legendary.

Everyone needs to calm down and realize Ice said this would be "level OUCH!". He said his 4* weren't maxed, but his roster suggests that those that he won with were closer to those levels above not 4-5 covers or less. This is a good thing, so why is everyone crying "the sky is falling!"? Worst case scenario is that you're in the same exact situation you were in before this was introduced, if it wasn't fun then why are you still playing?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    cletus1985 wrote:
    There's no denying this node is a super pain in the ****! That being said, I beat it using my lvl 152 3/3/1, my alliance mate beat it with a lvl 126 5/3/3, and another beat it with a lvl 167 5/1/3.

It's not impossible if you have a few covers (obviously black being preferable). It took me 7 tries and I took full advantage of boosts. It does require both luck and strategy, but it's definitely possible and still much quicker than any other route (minus a lucky vault token icon_lol.gif ) to get a legendary.

Everyone needs to calm down and realize Ice said this would be "level OUCH!". He said his 4* weren't maxed, but his roster suggests that those that he won with were closer to those levels above not 4-5 covers or less. This is a good thing, so why is everyone crying "the sky is falling!"? Worst case scenario is that you're in the same exact situation you were in before this was introduced, if it wasn't fun then why are you still playing?

This. Lots of other people beat it in the other thread, with level 130-160 XFW.

People think it's supposed to be a charity and you should beat in the 1st or 2nd try just for showing up. It's a puzzle. Yes bad boards happen, but sometimes good boards happen too. Check the advice thread for more tips. If you spend an hour and a half beating this, it's the easiest legendary token in the game.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    People allegedly love Gauntlet, but in order to get the HB cover, we had to win around 100 battles, with some at the end being completely absurd. And here to get a 4* (or 5*), we just need to win one battle against a buffed 3*, and there's a mass outbreak of diaper rash. Who started the rumor that this was supposed to be a free token?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, haven't been on these forums for a while, but the level of negativity here is appalling.
    Let's be constructive. You don't mention which colors you have covered. If you're 0/4/4, you can still win. Use color boosts, damage boosts maxed (you know you can stack damage boosts, right?) then play carefully - deny yellow then use it to keep your XForce alive, deny red (obviously...) then slowly build your black AP and wait for a board with a red majority to use black and wipe it all.

If you don't have black at all or if your black is only one cover, you're toasted. Better luck next time.

Luck, with my 1/0/1 Hulkbusters? Yeah, right. This is the problem. It is a catch 22. Xforce is the most prevalent 4* in the game. And if you don't have that black at 4 or 5, you won't draw any new 4*.

DDQ was great for helping people with only a few 3*s greatly improve. Even if you only had one card of a featured 3*, you can pass the node getting two other characters to carry you through. However, that isn't the case here. You can't pull in your better cards to help out. This results in good 4* rosters getting better 4* and 5* rosters, and struggling 4*s nothing. It widens the gap, not helps the transition.
  • scottee
    firethorne wrote:
    Man, haven't been on these forums for a while, but the level of negativity here is appalling.
    Let's be constructive. You don't mention which colors you have covered. If you're 0/4/4, you can still win. Use color boosts, damage boosts maxed (you know you can stack damage boosts, right?) then play carefully - deny yellow then use it to keep your XForce alive, deny red (obviously...) then slowly build your black AP and wait for a board with a red majority to use black and wipe it all.

If you don't have black at all or if your black is only one cover, you're toasted. Better luck next time.

Luck, with my 1/0/1 Hulkbusters? Yeah, right. This is the problem. It is a catch 22. Xforce is the most prevalent 4* in the game. And if you don't have that black at 4 or 5, you won't draw any new 4*.

DDQ was great for helping people with only a few 3*s greatly improve. Even if you only had one card of a featured 3*, you can pass the node getting two other characters to carry you through. However, that isn't the case here. You can't pull in your better cards to help out. This results in good 4* rosters getting better 4* and 5* rosters, and struggling 4*s nothing. It widens the gap, not helps the transition.

Read the other thread. Lots of people with "struggling 4*" rosters have beaten it.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    GT 2/2/2 level 127 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.
    Fury 1/4/3 level 120 -- really? I doubt that is ever winning.

I think both of these could easily happen.

GT's stun, even undercovered, gives her a huge advantage in 1v1 matchups. 4 blue on NF, even underleveled, gives you a powerful single target attack.

Both of these are well equipped to punch far above their weight in a 1v1 matchup. It might take 10 tries to do it, but it can happen. Especially because they're not going to be playing against Cyclops.

Unless 270 Cyclops is the opponent in every single matchup. Then we can complain.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Worst case scenario is that you're in the same exact situation you were in before this was introduced, if it wasn't fun then why are you still playing?
    this view is oversimplifying the issue way way way too much. you can't compare the two points in time and call them the same.

the novelty in games wear off over time. what is still fun on Day 300 may not still be fun on Day 450, if things don't change to retain your interest, or if new things aren't introduced to keep the carrot dangling in front of you.

the vast majority of players in this game are probably in 3* land, with a foot (however small) in 4* land. I have my roster in my sig. you can look; i'm not hiding where i'm at. I have a ways to go to finish off a number of 3* characters. I am shamefully behind on some game-critical characters like Cyclops, hood, cage, patch. but i'm not quitting or getting upset over that because I have avenues available to get covers for those characters. there is still yet no other route for the 3-4* transition.

but, mindbogglingly, there is now a route for 4-5* transition, even though there is only ONE current 5* and one on the horizon!

I think something has been skipped here. not that i'm the first to notice this.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Worst case scenario is that you're in the same exact situation you were in before this was introduced, if it wasn't fun then why are you still playing?
    this view is oversimplifying the issue way way way too much. you can't compare the two points in time and call them the same.

the novelty in games wear off over time. what is still fun on Day 300 may not still be fun on Day 450, if things don't change to retain your interest, or if new things aren't introduced to keep the carrot dangling in front of you.

the vast majority of players in this game are probably in 3* land, with a foot (however small) in 4* land. I have my roster in my sig. you can look; i'm not hiding where i'm at. I have a ways to go to finish off a number of 3* characters. I am shamefully behind on some game-critical characters like Cyclops, hood, cage, patch. but i'm not quitting or getting upset over that because I have avenues available to get covers for those characters. there is still yet no other route for the 3-4* transition.

but, mindbogglingly, there is now a route for 4-5* transition, even though there is only ONE current 5* and one on the horizon!

I think something has been skipped here. not that i'm the first to notice this.

The road for a roster that has maxed 3*'s is pretty simple, 1000 pt progression in PvP isn't all that difficult for a max 3* team. There is also a legendary token in PvE that is obtainable through doing a few clears a day. I have no where near a 4* roster and I'm still able to earn one through each PvP and now one through PvE. My 7 cover XFW got the job done today, my 9 cover Nick Fury should also be fine. Outside of that it's going to be a **** shoot with my undercovered/leveled 4* (but who knows depending on opponents). I'm glad there's another route and I'll try all of them I have more than 5 covers for, but sometimes I'll lose. Just means I need more PvE legendary tokens and 1000 pt progression covers. The immediate reaction of most to call foul because they can't beat it is kind of embarrassing. Not every aspect of the game is meant for everyone to win, sometimes you have to get better to compete in certain areas.
  • That's kind of missing the point. DPD was a response to the difficulty of building out a 3* roster. It was a way to help people start or continue their 3* transition. 4* DPD just skips straight to the 4-5* transition. You can only beat it reliably if you have maxed 4*'s, which means it's unlikely you actually need any 4* covers.

And is giving players 1 4* token every 5 days really that big a deal? No. By the time they filled out their roster that way, MPQ will probably be well into the 6* transition. But this isn't really a transition at all - it's just giving 4* maxed players a slim chance at pulling a 5*, so basically business as screwsual by D3.
  • firethorne
    JVReal wrote:
    Merging these threads is tinykitty as it makes them difficult to follow the various thoughts and conversations. The Devs need to be able to follow our thoughts if they are to be able to take them into consideration and make adjustments.

No kidding. They are a tinykitty blur of noise now that they've all been mangled together. I suppose that is the plan. A chaotic patchwork at least looks better than organized hatred.
  • scottee
    That's kind of missing the point. DPD was a response to the difficulty of building out a 3* roster. It was a way to help people start or continue their 3* transition.

I disagree that it was meant to help start the 3* transition. They clearly meant it to help continue/complete the 3* transition, but they stated it's not for people starting out. They put in a cover requirement. If they had made it 4 covers required instead of 1 cover required, it would be pretty much exactly like the 4* node.

People are not beating the new 4* node with 1 cover. But they are with 4-6 covers.
  • firethorne
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:

Oversimplification indeed. Because ultimately, we aren't in the same situation. At one point, I was a 3* fighting 3* teams. That was fun. Then I was a 3* fighting 4* teams. Less fun. Now I'll be a 3* fighting 5* teams. The gap gets wider, and it gets less fun again. So, despite not having the same roster, getting matched against players two ranks above your weight class is in no way in the same situation.