4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
They've been silent, as they usually are when they implement a change no one likes after they've led people on for the millionth time into thinking they actually cared about player feedback or making the game enjoyable.

So throwing this out there. I'm planning on deleting my roster this evening, but am holding off a) since it'll take some time, b) to think it over, and c) to see if the devs acknowledge how badly they screwed the pooch on this (the pooch being their players for anyone who didn't get that).

When I check back tonight, I hope to see something more positive from them. To all the other MPQ'ers out there, hope you're doing well, despite how poorly you're treated by the devs.

[ Update: I spent a few minutes searching for a screen recording app in preparation of deleting my roster later this evening.

I actually have been a paying customer in the past, both when I played the first time, and when I came back the second time, so no - I'm not a freeloader, as some have insinuated. Most people who've been around the forums for a long time know this, but devs keep pushing people to stop playing the game so many of them have permanently left for greener pastures.

I like how the forums have been whitewashed to hide how much people hate how the 4* DPD was implemented, and how they feel led on by the devs. (Title was changed from "So are the devs going to comment on the insulting 4* DPD?" to "4* Deadpool Daily reactions".)

Other topics have been deleted or changed to give the appearance of a generally happy player-base that's basically okay with the changes. The Facebook response shows the true colors of people's displeasure though: https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQu ... ts_to_page ]

Moderator edit: Changing thread topic to be generally about player reactions to the new 4* DDQ content and its difficulty. Merging other threads here. -DayvBang

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure the devs have even gotten into the office yet. The game may be running 24/7 but human beings still need to sleep and eat.
  • My guess, they will wait the data from today and see what to do next.

Problem is, WXF is old so many people have him halfway covered while others are on 1-6 covers so WXF was a poor choice to start with, will give misleading data in this regard.

Because the prize is a token and not a cover I think antman would be a better choice to make tests.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    between here and their facebook page it will be really hard to ignore. it's on fire there too https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/posts_to_page
  • Wow, just wow. I was so excited to hear they was finally gonna be a way to earn 4* easier, but you dropped the ball here. Every conceivable way to earn them is still ridiculously hard or impossible. The new 4* ddq is an absolute joke! Ca n even dent cyclopes. And will probably have no where near the points in the hulk event for a legendary token either even though I play at least 3 times a day with 2 of the characters. For game devs, this is a joke. I've been playing every day for over a year, and am now really thinking about quiting.

Moderator edit: Changing thread topic to be generally about player reactions to the new 4* DDQ content and its difficulty. Merging other threads here.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i dont mean to be rude, but why should anyone care about you deleting your roster/account? especially the devs?

just guessing, you probably are a free player, spending little money for roster slots, if any (nothing wrong with that, btw)
    many players seem to spend good chunks of money on the game, so what does losing some players who dont contribute money-wise mean to a company?

its like complaining about gas prices and threatening to sell your car.

just keep playing for fun.
    we got the game for free (basically), so we cant really complain about anything.
    if its too frustrating, just move on. its just a game, after all.
  • What approach are you taking??

First go around I got bopped.

But I took him down in my 2nd try with +4 AP and cleared it with no issues.

My X-Force is only level 230.

Keep in mind they don't even have to GIVE these away, they could just charge a premium for them so be grateful we at least get the chance to earn them.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    We should care, obviously, since he's mentioned it 4-5 times already...

This new feature went live 3 hours ago, and I agree that it is frustratingly hard, but let us give them some time to comment, before wipping out the pitchforks.
  • Quebbster
    Three clears a day in the Hulk event should be enough to get you to 70K. It sounds like you are missing an essential character though, so you'll have to do some extra grinding at the end of the sub to catch up.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your xforce "only" has 10+ covers on it? Well shucks, that must've been hard for you! Those of us stuck at six covers with the misfortune of having them evenly distributed can't hope to generate the amount of damage needed while simultaneously blocking Cyke from all three colors because he can OHKO us.

And yeah, I'm used to getting the top progression in a pve with just 2 clears per sub and 1 or 2 of the essentials, but they added a whole new tier. I'm doing three clears in Hulk (with all 3 essentials) and will easily hit the 70k needed for the legendary. Fewer essentials will mean more grinding, but it's not impossible.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised this wasn't released on a Friday..
  • Wow, the Facebook page is pretty gory... icon_eek.gif

DBC
  • Your xforce "only" has 10+ covers on it? Well shucks, that must've been hard for you! Those of us stuck at six covers with the misfortune of having them evenly distributed can't hope to generate the amount of damage needed while simultaneously blocking Cyke from all three colors because he can OHKO us.

Actually he's full covered. icon_lol.gif

I said "only" because it was in comparison to the level of cyclops in the fight, where any red or black was enough to 1 hit KO him...so yes ONLY 230. icon_cool.gif
  • against my 8 cover level 160 x force, im dead

any of his 3 matches end the match and kill me. spent all my boosts, leveled him to 160 in the first place, just to get smashed

ICE X said this would be a challenge that a 1 cover 4* could not do. Fine. I respect that

who then, is this intended for? Certainly not me, a player with a fully covered 3 star roster who has in the past bought stark salaries.

The start salary... scratch that

IM A PLAYER WITH A FULLY COVERED 3 STAR ROSTER WHO CAN NOT BEAT YOUR NODE WITH AN 8 COVERED 4 STAR. Not even CLOSE, not even half way. ONE match from him kills me

if this isnt for me, or the thousands like me, who is it for? jesus

today is the first day I will not play any nodes on MPQ, as it makes me feel sick to open it up and be taunted and slapped in the face by a game i've spend thousands (1300+) of hours on.

Considering hitting uninstall today for the first time since I installed it.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I don't think you intended to say match, you meant skill. It would be quite fair to say the use of any cyclops skills will most likely end in a loss due to a 1-hit ko.

Please refer to the other large anger thread:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=32848
  • "Silent as usual" isn't relevant as has been said. Even assuming EST they're just finishing their first cup of coffee since you started complaining.

Yes it's bad. And it'll be worse for any 4* that's not as universally covered as XFW. But give them a chance to respond.
  • i meant one full colour match yes

and no, everyone should make their own topic about this. a process I usually would NEVER agree to. This should be flooding every page until its so embarassing that they either take this stupid thing right out of the game or fix it.

I know some dude spent 15 grand to get a surfer, probably more than one, so they dont give two **** about other paying and playing customers, but boy... this is the worst ive ever felt in my entire history of playing video games and thats not hyperbole. I bought american gladiators on genesis for 99.99 in 91 and sold it two weeks later for $10 to microplay, until then that was the worst id felt. This is the new king of stupidity and malice towards a happy customer
  • Man, haven't been on these forums for a while, but the level of negativity here is appalling.
    Let's be constructive. You don't mention which colors you have covered. If you're 0/4/4, you can still win. Use color boosts, damage boosts maxed (you know you can stack damage boosts, right?) then play carefully - deny yellow then use it to keep your XForce alive, deny red (obviously...) then slowly build your black AP and wait for a board with a red majority to use black and wipe it all.

If you don't have black at all or if your black is only one cover, you're toasted. Better luck next time.
  • Quebbster
    i meant one full colour match yes

and no, everyone should make their own topic about this. a process I usually would NEVER agree to. This should be flooding every page until its so embarassing that they either take this stupid thing right out of the game or fix it.
    Likely result: The new threads get either removed or locked. That doesn't help at all.
  • My x-force Wolverine is only level 1601558, and he is my highest level 4*.

And I know they dont have to give this stuff away, but I would be nice if they lived up to the promises they put out there ( of their own free will) to actually make it more possible and likely to advance up to the 4* tier.

And I would spend money on this game if I had the money available to spend.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Man, haven't been on these forums for a while, but the level of negativity here is appalling.
    Let's be constructive. You don't mention which colors you have covered. If you're 0/4/4, you can still win. Use color boosts, damage boosts maxed (you know you can stack damage boosts, right?) then play carefully - deny yellow then use it to keep your XForce alive, deny red (obviously...) then slowly build your black AP and wait for a board with a red majority to use black and wipe it all.

If you don't have black at all or if your black is only one cover, you're toasted. Better luck next time.

I know right? Every slight is a "slap in the face". People's faces must really be red from all the slapping.