4* Deadpool Daily reactions

Comments

• joedela wrote:
    When they add a battle that not even someone who's been playing for just short of a YEAR can't possibly beat, you know they really only want your money. I have a solid roster of complete 3* characters, and a lot of 4*s with only a rank or 2 in their abilities. The only 4* I have with more covers than x-force wolverine is Sue Storm, and I can't see her beating anyone alone. Come day 365 in a couple of weeks, this isn't fixed and I'm done.
    My only question for you would be why at 365 days into a game do you feel that you should be guaranteed the same rewards and power level as someone who has been playing for 650+ days? Right now 4* is the premier tier (Top 10%) in the game as there is now reliable way to just jump into the 5* tier (you can't win a guaranteed 5* or buy the tokens to unlock one). If 4* covers became as accessible as 3* covers are right now, how does that help the game? High-leveled 4* are meant to serve as dividing line and a desired incentive in the game, a carrot and a stick. It should take time or money to reach the top level of the game otherwise players become bored as the game will quickly descend into the same old battles in PvP or the same old progression rewards in PvE.
    One problem tho, how many of those 600+ days really NEED this prize? Not as many as the ones in 365 ish days I'm sure.

It's one token every 5 days for him, while the 600+ days ones are already getting #1 and 1.3k on pvp.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    every day then that means hundreds would be getting 30 tokens a month

but i do agree leave it all week long why not... i want more chances

Hundreds that likely have spent hundreds/thousands to already get all the 4*'s covered and leveled....so they don't need the covers. icon_e_wink.gif
    So paying players don't deserve to have any benefits thrown their way?

Well, if you could get 30 tokens a month you'd have the 5* covers in no time. I think the paying players would benefit the most from this.

Before I even suggested it I thought it would be the reason D3 would never do it - those that pay for 4* covers/levels are the most likely to pay for the 40 packs also. Trying to think of good metaphor about not feeding the cash cow to much...
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    One problem tho, how many of those 600+ days really NEED this prize? Not as many as the ones in 365 ish days I'm sure.

It's one token every 5 days for him, while the 600+ days ones are already getting #1 and 1.3k on pvp.

While it's true they earn two in PvP, this token serves as more of a reward for having invested Iso in leveling up these characters and earning the covers. While a 365+ days player won't have the roster to earn the token in DDQ, he will more than likely be able to get it reliably in PvE to help him transition to 4* at a more reasonable pace.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if this node pops up again in 6 months and you havent got another x-force cover, how then would you beat it?
    Anyone who's playing for 6 months without adding a single cover to a character, isn't really trying.
  • simonsez wrote:
    And if this node pops up again in 6 months and you havent got another x-force cover, how then would you beat it?
    Anyone who's playing for 6 months without adding a single cover to a character, isn't really trying.

Yeah, that's not correct. You can get hosed by the odds on tokens and bracket placement, and not get that additional cover, especially since 4 star availability is limited outside the new token or placing well in a new release event.
  • Haetron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Yeah, that's not correct. You can get hosed by the odds on tokens and bracket placement, and not get that additional cover, especially since 4 star availability is limited outside the new token or placing well in a new release event.

PvE rotates at an average of 5-6 days (varying 3, 5 and 7 day lengths and excluding Gauntlet) meaning in a 6 month period, a player can earn anywhere from 25-30 legendary tokens in a 6 month period. This means it is pretty likely for them to get an XFW cover in that time frame, or get a couple covers on another character not at a high enough level to participate in their DDQ. Throw in the occasional Legendaries from Taco Tokens or from PvP anyone legitimately at point to transition into 4* will be there in the next round of DDQs.

Edit: I also forgot to point out that while not guaranteed, a 4* can be pulled in Heroic, Taco and event tokens (I got 3 of my 15 heroic tokens in PvP last season.)
  • Haetron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

So true. Over the past 6 pvps, I've hit 1k two times and both of those I didn't make top hundred. Others I generally hit 800 or a bit higher and I've been nudged out of top hundred a few times there.

It's absurd that two to three transitioners don't get access to top hundred rewards in a lot of brackets.
  • I'll concede I'd forgotten about legendary tokens in the upcoming period making gaining 4 star covers somewhat more obtainable. icon_e_smile.gif

So the window from now to next XFW node will be telling in how easy it was to obtain more covers. Personally, Im on deck to get 3 covers for him from daily resupply soon.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

So true. Over the past 6 pvps, I've hit 1k two times and both of those I didn't make top hundred. Others I generally hit 800 or a bit higher and I've been nudged out of top hundred a few times there.

It's absurd that two to three transitioners don't get access to top hundred rewards in a lot of brackets.

This is where you have to actually "play" the system a little. Pre-join a known busy bracket if all you want are the progressions. If you are looking for placement, wait, a fresh bracket or late join are your best chances for that.

This has worked about 90% of the time for me, if i want the 1k, i need a bracket with loads of points... if i need the 3* covers more, i do not pre-join, in fact, i wait a day.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:

All of them.

It's true that the expected value of these tokens decreases as the quality of your roster increases (as you get your characters fully covered, you're more likely to pull a cover that you don't need), but with the constant influx of new 4*s, there are always covers that you'll need. Plus, everyone will be able to use 5*s.

Legendary tokens are nifty, but do have the side-effect of making it more difficult to target specific covers, since the 1300 point reward in PvP (and possibly some other rewards) has been replaced with a token. This increased randomness, coupled with the continued 4* dilution as new 4*s are released, means that people with developed rosters need the increased token availability to be able to have a shot at continuing to cover their characters.

By making more tokens available as your roster gets better, you compensate for the lower expected value of each individual token. Fewer legendary tokens are in reach for people just starting to get 4* covers, but every single one of those will be useful to them.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    In 6 months, there are about 75 PvPs. XF will be the 1k prize in enough of them. And if you can't hit 1k in PvP, then you should still be working on your 3*s
  • SnowcaTT
    simonsez wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    In 6 months, there are about 75 PvPs. XF will be the 1k prize in enough of them. And if you can't hit 1k in PvP, then you should still be working on your 3*s

75 divided by 18 (including Iceman, not including DD), and assuming no other 4*'s are added by then = 4. If you can hit every 1K in PVP, unless you get lucky (?) with your Legendary tokens you'll have four more X-Force covers in six months.

Except no one expects them to slow or stop the pace of characters, so really you'll probably have three more in six months.
  • SnowcaTT
    joedela wrote:
    PvE rotates at an average of 5-6 days (varying 3, 5 and 7 day lengths and excluding Gauntlet) meaning in a 6 month period, a player can earn anywhere from 25-30 legendary tokens in a 6 month period. This means it is pretty likely for them to get an XFW cover in that time frame, or get a couple covers on another character not at a high enough level to participate in their DDQ. Throw in the occasional Legendaries from Taco Tokens or from PvP anyone legitimately at point to transition into 4* will be there in the next round of DDQs.

I've seen nothing burn out players as much as trying to grind every PVE for six months (or less, really). For those who believe time (effort?) put into game should be rewarded over when or how that time is used had their wish granted.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... then something is odd, Rio.

I have been recording the value of each clear in the event thread: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32727&start=60#p409333

A single clear of each of the first 6 subs would get you 20.5 K. I expect the 7th sub to be worth around 5000 - 5500 / clear.

A double clear of each sub; plus another double clear of each as your grind, should absolutely blow away the new max progression (70K). In fact you should almost hit 100K playing that way.

Are you seeing lesser point totals than I am?

Or missing essentials? Each essential character locks up 15% of the points available.

The last two subs I've been getting around 600pts from each essential node and slightly less from the highest level common nodes. Everything else substantially lower at up to 300 points and going as low as 100 points. One clear of my currently active sub event totals around 4000, I think.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    joedela wrote:

I've seen nothing burn out players as much as trying to grind every PVE for six months (or less, really). For those who believe time (effort?) put into game should be rewarded over when or how that time is used had their wish granted.

Define grinding. I've maxed out the last 5 PvE and finish T50 (not including Gauntlet) with 3 clears a day (breakfast, afternoon, before bed) at about 20-30 minutes a clear. That's not a grind; that's minuscule investment. I don't have a ridiculous roster, and I've only spent about $100 on hero points and I'm on day 562 and took about 4 months off from playing the game with any consistency #humblebrag. If you're trying to get 4* which only serves a purpose in ranking in PvE or PvP, an hour to an hour and a half a day won't and shouldn't burn you out.
  • Don't forget draining every single node to 1 point before a sub ends and having a new clear just as the new sub starts.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Don't forget draining every single node to 1 point before a sub ends and having a new clear just as the new sub starts.

I've never had to do that to max a PvE or finish T100. I got T20 in The Hunt adn walked away with blackflag.png & yellowflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png and only had to grind the last 30 minutes of the event to stay up there. Guess I just get put in easy brackets in easy slices and a super low MMR?
  • joedela wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Don't forget draining every single node to 1 point before a sub ends and having a new clear just as the new sub starts.
    I've never had to do that to max a PvE or finish T100. I got T20 in The Hunt adn walked away with blackflag.png & yellowflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png and only had to grind the last 30 minutes of the event to stay up there. Guess I just get put in easy brackets in easy slices and a super low MMR?
    Well, I did that grind and got T2 with a 211 Reed, plus one black from alliance and the 1k on his pvp and mine is now 222.
  • joedela wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

considering you just said you took a 4 month break, that is quite possible.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    joedela wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Well, I did that grind and got T2 with a 211 Reed, plus one black from alliance and the 1k on his pvp and mine is now 222.

Which why the token is a max progression reward not solely a placement reward. You don't have to grind to hit max progression which is why the Legendary token is not unattainable and why this uproar about a DDQ is people running around claiming the sky is falling. If you want to grind you can get a greater reward for your effort (you got double covers, iso, and HP that I did for your rind).