MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    with the re-evaluation of PVP events, does this mean that icon_mystique.png and icon_blackpanther.png will get pushed and be the first 2 events of Season 19?
  • mjh wrote:
    with the re-evaluation of PVP events, does this mean that icon_mystique.png and icon_blackpanther.png will get pushed and be the first 2 events of Season 19?
    I doubt mystique will be the first event of S19, if only because that would mean we've had rewards for her already in the last S18 PvP event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    xequalsy wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    I doubt mystique will be the first event of S19, if only because that would mean we've had rewards for her already in the last S18 PvP event.
    It's not uncommon to double up on certain rewards around the offseason.
  • MyFeetStink
    MyFeetStink Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I must have been confused, I was under the understanding that today was the first 4* DDQ node. Is that tomorrow? Some other day?

Thanks!
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I must have been confused, I was under the understanding that today was the first 4* DDQ node. Is that tomorrow? Some other day?

Thanks!
    Tomorrow (today is Bullseye, tomorrow is ***Cap and XFW).
  • MyFeetStink
    MyFeetStink Posts: 55 Match Maker

Thanks!
    Tomorrow (today is Bullseye, tomorrow is ***Cap and XFW).

Thank you. That makes total sense. I must have got confused.

Looking forward to seeing how hard they made it. Thankfully it is X-force, I think I am about 1 season away, perhaps 2, from having viable 4*s. All depending on how easy it is to get legendary tokens. I expect these next few months will see me getting left behind with 4/0/1 covered 4*s that don't have a chance.
  • I'm super stoked that it's a legendary token and not the 4* that you're playing with. I thought it would work like getting the 3*.

Nice to see I've got a shot at a legendary token every 5 days now.
  • ShazamFTW wrote:
    I'm super stoked that it's a legendary token and not the 4* that you're playing with. I thought it would work like getting the 3*.

I was actually a touch annoyed by this, cause it means I can unlock 4 stars I didn't have while trying to improve the ones I don't.

But, this does help them sell roster slots, so I can see the financial reasoning.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    I'm super stoked that it's a legendary token and not the 4* that you're playing with. I thought it would work like getting the 3*.

I'd prefer knowing the cover I'm going for, just like 1300. some covers in the game are worth hopping hp and using a last resort like whales. others are not and I'd hate to have to use whales on several ddq matchups (like when my -/2/1 falcap comes up, or even my 1/1/1 kingpin) only for them to end up as starlord, baglady, and Elektra.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    ShazamFTW wrote:

I'd prefer knowing the cover I'm going for, just like 1300. some covers in the game are worth hopping hp and using a last resort like whales. others are not and I'd hate to have to use whales on several ddq matchups (like when my -/2/1 falcap comes up, or even my 1/1/1 kingpin) only for them to end up as starlord, baglady, and Elektra.

While this has merit, there are some niceties about having the legendary token:

A)Obvious Surfer lottery.
    B)I have some 4's covered. A legendary token means I've got a shot at getting something useful every time.
    C)Could in theory hoard until the next legend comes out to double my odds. I don't have that level of patience myself but...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Updated thread with more upcoming info, including a teaser for our next 5*!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    slight clarification plz. Are we USING xf for the weekly ddq node tomorrow, or going AGAINST him? I'm confused. icon_redface.gif Second question--will the node be LOCKED until you clear some prerequisite nodes? Or can we just hit that node right away tomorrow?
  • IceIX
    puppychow wrote:
    slight clarification plz. Are we USING xf for the weekly ddq node tomorrow, or going AGAINST him? I'm confused. icon_redface.gif Second question--will the node be LOCKED until you clear some prerequisite nodes? Or can we just hit that node right away tomorrow?
    Using Wolverine, and you can hit the node right away.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might already been answered or I may have missed this...

Is the new node only going to be available for 24hrs every 5 days? Or will it be available for the full 5 days?
  • IceIX
    Pongie wrote:
    Might already been answered or I may have missed this...

Is the new node only going to be available for 24hrs every 5 days? Or will it be available for the full 5 days?
    24 hours every 5 days.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Yellow (PASSIVE) - Self true healing per ally in the battle.
    Red (PASSIVE) - Deal damage to enemy whenever ally uses an ability.
    so healing every turn like Patch? ok

his red + icon_devildino.png doing thousands of AOE dmg every spam = OP

this game is headed is a very strange direction
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is a 1/1/1 X-Force going to be totally hosed? God I hope not icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Im surprised.. Mister F will not be buffed anymore already?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Yellow (PASSIVE) - Self true healing per ally in the battle.
    Red (PASSIVE) - Deal damage to enemy whenever ally uses an ability.
    so healing every turn like Patch? ok

his red + icon_devildino.png doing thousands of AOE dmg every spam = OP

this game is headed is a very strange direction

Hugely OP 5* and no ISO to level your 4*'s....a strange direction indeed.

*sniff sniff*, 5* smells like something feral.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    The new 5* is an easy guess, I think. That's good, the easiest to guess characters (like Cyclops) have been the ones that I've enjoyed playing the most.
    Gotta be Dark Phoenix, right?