MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015

It's a new month with new information to get out there, so let's get to it!

*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

CHARACTERS

First character release of September will be Mister Fantastic! Read the Marvel.com interview here. Character thread for his information is here.

Next 4* character past Reed is young Bobby Drake, also known as Iceman! Stats are here.

Also a little less than 3 weeks away is our next planned 5* character. Abilities are still in final flux, but here's a teaser (character thread here):
    Black 9 AP - Creates Strike tiles. If the team has 12 or more Yellow AP, create Strike tiles and replace all abilities with new ones. Ends the turn.
Yellow (PASSIVE) - Self true healing per ally in the battle.
Red (PASSIVE) - Deal damage to enemy whenever ally uses an ability.

Black Alt 7 AP - Deals damage + destroys friendly Special tiles, dealing bonus damage for each.
Yellow Alt 6 AP - Enemy team damage + damage for each enemy in the fight.
Red Alt 8 AP - Deals damage + bonus damage if this character is under 50% health.

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Iceman - Ice Breaker Beast - Real McCoy Doctor Octopus - Eight Is Enough She-Hulk - Trial By Combat Colossus - Real Steel Deadpool - Weapon TeX-MeX (End of Season 19) Anniversary Versus - ???
Note: For Iceman through Deadpool, these are not necessarily all going to be run before S19 ends, but they are our current planned choices. Only 4 will be run as Season Events.

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    Simulator Thick As Thieves Iso-8 Brotherhood Anniversary PVE

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    Captain Marvel - Yellow Iron Man (Model 40) - Yellow Iron Fist - Black Ragnarok - Blue Kamala Khan - Green /
token_legendary.png Required: Hulkbuster

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    9/24/15-9/30/15
    4* - Thing, Star-Lord
    3* - Loki, Mystique, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Daredevil
    2* - Storm (Classic), Human Torch
    1* - Black Widow (Modern), Juggernaut
      10/1/15-10/7/15
      4* - Sam Wilson (Captain America), Professor X
      3* - Blade, Hood, Psylocke, Quicksilver, Squirrel Girl
      2* - Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Ms. Marvel
      1* - Hawkeye, Yelena

8/26/15 - First Post
      8/27/15 - Revealed Mr. Fantastic
      9/4/15 - Updated upcoming Events, DDQs and buff lists
      9/10/15 - Updated upcoming Events, added link to Iceman stats
      9/14/15 - Updated upcoming Events, added teaser to next 5*
      9/22/15 - Updated upcoming Events

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
        ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
        Scarlet Witch and Deadpool....welcome to whales! whales! whales! week
      • MarcusGraves
        MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
        mass blue generator 4* with a possibly technopathic strike like ability that drains red? ho boy people gunna be scrambling for this character.

also wow when was the last time XF was a boosted 4* of the week?
      • Mawtful
        Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
        IceIX wrote:
        True heal self / Green AP Gen - yellowtile.png PASSIVE
        (PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, this character heals for 409 and generates 1 Green AP for each other <Hero Family> member on the team.
        Dev note: The character will always (true) heal, the AP generation only procs with other members of a certain hero family.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Heals for 573. Level 3: Heals for 736. Level 4: Heals for 1063. Level 5: Heals for 1718.
        Max Level
          Level 3: Heals for 1460. Level 4: Heals for 2109. Level 5: Heals for 3406.
        (PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile,

We know from Hex Bolt that the game considers Charged Tiles to belong to a team (that is, they can be either friendly or enemy even though they will provide the benefit to whichever team actually matches it). I assume that Webs/Bubbles/Time Locks also get assigned a "team membership" in the same way. Dev questions: If an enemy matches one of these special tiles will it proc this Passive? If not, why.
        If yes, what's your favourite condiment to add on a meat pie? I'm actually partial to a bbq/Worcestershire sauce combo myself.
      • IceIX
        Mawtful wrote:
        We know from Hex Bolt that the game considers Charged Tiles to belong to a team (that is, they can be either friendly or enemy even though they will provide the benefit to whichever team actually matches it). I assume that Webs/Bubbles/Time Locks also get assigned a "team membership" in the same way. Dev questions: If an enemy matches one of these special tiles will it proc this Passive? If not, why.
        No, since matching those tiles doesn't destroy the tile, just the lock. I'll answer the other as well too.
        Worcestershire and a dab of marmite.
      • slidecage
        slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
        Hey i doubt you can put anymore light on this but

COMING PVE EVENTS
        Prodigal Sun
        The Hunt (New Character PVE!)
        Gauntlet
        The Hulk

I was going to take that as

SUN aug 27 to sept 2
        HUNT Sept 3 to sept 9
        Gaunlet Sept 10 to sept 16
        Hulk sept 17 to sept 23

BUT the last hunt was a 4 day event BUT that would push Gaunlet into a weird slot since will it be a 3 day gaunlet or did you miss an event or will hunt be pushed out to a 7 day event? also says Hulk what im expecting around the 17

so there goes my theory of 4 stars every 1st and 3rd of the month icon_e_smile.gif
      • IceIX
        slidecage wrote:

<cut dates for space>

BUT the last hunt was a 4 day event BUT that would push Gaunlet into a weird slot since will it be a 3 day gaunlet or did you miss an event or will hunt be pushed out to a 7 day event? also says Hulk what im expecting around the 17

so there goes my theory of 4 stars every 1st and 3rd of the month icon_e_smile.gif
        Take this with some salt since we may change this up, but the current plan is to see what happens when we overlap Gauntlet a bit with other Events. So while Gauntlet could be 7 days, the last few could overlap into Hulk or whatever.
      • slidecage
        slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
        edited August 2015
        IceIX wrote:
        slidecage wrote:

<cut dates for space>

Take this with some salt since we may change this up, but the current plan is to see what happens when we overlap Gauntlet a bit with other Events. So while Gauntlet could be 7 days, the last few could overlap into Hulk or whatever.

thanks for the info.. i think that is a good idea to run Gauntlet like that maybe make it run all the time, gives people something to play while we are waiting for the 8 hour reset , i know i could used it tonight as i grinded my nodes way too early icon_e_smile.gif

also love the 4 star 4 day event thing
      • Dev93L
        Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
        Can we please get a break from the 4* PvE grinds? It's the same stories over and over.
      • Vhailorx
        Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
        So Patch and Daken both boosted this week.

I am curious to dust off the old true healing team of champions and see if they can still get things done (though I suspect that even boosted they have been surpassed in the meta).
      • mjh
        mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
        IceIX wrote:
        Next 4* character past that is still undergoing final balancing passes, but a brief ability rundown:
          Green - Deals damage to enemy team, plus bonus damage for each Blue tile on the board Blue - Stuns the target and places a Countdown tile. Use again to destroy the Countdown tile and deal damage to target Purple - Transforms Red tiles to Blue tiles, drains Red AP from the enemy.
        (IceIX - Hulkbuster-buster?)

When will they stop with the 4*s?
      • morph3us
        morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
        mjh wrote:

Pure speculation - but when they have enough 4*s to justify separate 4* content (be that a PvP arena etc). We've got to be pretty close to that point now.

On another note - Hulkbuster-buster? Could it be a 4* Hulk? A stun, green team damage that is magnified by the stun, and a counter to IMHB?
      • CrookedKnight
        CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
        mjh wrote:

When they move on to 5*s. Just like they never moved back from frequent 3* releases to 2* releases.
      • Dayv
        Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
        In addition to the general meta shift towards 4*, I think they're hesitant to dilute the 3* cover pool further by adding more at that tier.
      • MarcusGraves
        MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
        DayvBang wrote:
        In addition to the general meta shift towards 4*, I think they're hesitant to dilute the 3* cover pool further by adding more at that tier.

I'm fine with new 3*s being absent for awhile, as it is right now we have 40 different 3* characters which means to have every 3* character done you need to collect 520 covers in all which is already daunting enough as it is.

If the route they want to take is to shift the focus onto 4*s that's fine and well but I can't stress this enough when I say to the devs DON'T IGNORE 3* BALANCING. This issue has been becoming increasingly frustrating to me as there are still 3*s with certain abilities that are just flat out bad like psylocke's bewilder or hulk's smash or characters that are long overdue for a rework like IM40 and his god awful skill set from a different era.

also stop with the overkill nerfing like with what you did to the mystique + 2* mag combo, they didn't both need to be nerfed you could of left infiltration alone and just adjust mag.
      • MojoWild
        MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
        morph3us wrote:
        mjh wrote:

Pure speculation - but when they have enough 4*s to justify separate 4* content (be that a PvP arena etc). We've got to be pretty close to that point now.

On another note - Hulkbuster-buster? Could it be a 4* Hulk? A stun, green team damage that is magnified by the stun, and a counter to IMHB?

Red Hulk?
      • IceIX
        MojoWild wrote:
        Red Hulk?
        I was going for a Big Hit reference, but I guess no one else caught Marky Mark and Lou Diamond Phillip's magnum opus.
      • lukewin
        lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
        IceIX wrote:
        MojoWild wrote:
        Red Hulk?
        I was going for a Big Hit reference, but I guess no one else caught Marky Mark and Lou Diamond Phillip's magnum opus.

I did. But if you release a Hulkbuster-buster, then you'll have to release a Hulkbuster-buster-buster.
      • Nellobee
        Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
        My bet is Iceman.
        Which means we will only be missing Angel from the original X-Men.
      • Heartburn
        Heartburn Posts: 527
        this new character seems like it can go crazy ap rain if 3* storm black goes off even if the hero family is limited to him gain 1 green ap, possibly 2 if more are available, for each special tile destroyed is like 3-6 green ap per match which leads to LS from storm which leads to rainbow ap generation including black to start it over again. and if the AI cascades gg. this seems like it is going to be so broken. please tell me again how much testing they do again??
        seriously-pl-ffffff-2.jpeg
      • Wobby
        Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
        IceIX wrote:
        MojoWild wrote:
        Red Hulk?

I wish I could find that movie to stream... My dvd was stolen back in 2001... Haven't found it since.