MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• Malcrof wrote:
    So the Reed release is the event directly prior to The Gauntlet. Will he be the essential in The Gauntlet? i am aware that usually the rewards from the previous events are the essentials for the next... but by making a new 4* release the essential for The Gauntlet, means only T100 people will even have a chance at completing it.. so basically, unless you give up on real life and commit yourself to the game, you lose out on the 1 event that lets casual people actually enjoy a week of playing at their own pace for a nice reward..

hate to say it, but that is kind of a tinykitty move on your part D3.

What are they supposed to do? Break pattern, and hose over current active players that do place for the 4 star but may not have whatever older 4 star they require?

I mean, the easy solution would be to have the gauntlet not have any essential nodes at all, but I think we both know that isn't likely.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    So the Reed release is the event directly prior to The Gauntlet. Will he be the essential in The Gauntlet? i am aware that usually the rewards from the previous events are the essentials for the next... but by making a new 4* release the essential for The Gauntlet, means only T100 people will even have a chance at completing it.. so basically, unless you give up on real life and commit yourself to the game, you lose out on the 1 event that lets casual people actually enjoy a week of playing at their own pace for a nice reward..

What are they supposed to do? Break pattern, and hose over current active players that do place for the 4 star but may not have whatever older 4 star they require?

I mean, the easy solution would be to have the gauntlet not have any essential nodes at all, but I think we both know that isn't likely.

You do realize, active players can still have trouble getting reed because he ALSO will have a 4 star essential during his event?
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

If I remember correctly, Gauntlet works differently than other Story events. The last time it ran, which was also the first time finishing it got you a 4*, didn't all the essential nodes require the same, 3* character? I think it was Deadpool, but can't remember for sure. I'm like 95% sure we didn't have to use a 2* for any of the essentials...there might have been a few of them that called for IW now that I think about it tho, idk...my memory isn't great...

I can already guess, however, that we're going to see a lvl 395 Human Torch, Reed, Thing node, because Reed only looks like he'll be good at insane levels, and controlled by the AI. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Yes, I do, I'll likely face the same problem, because I highly doubt I'll get Starlord from Prodigal Sun, even with having all the characters. I just don't have the roster strength or real life schedule allowance to push for top 2 placement.

This will likely make getting Mr Fantastic a slog to get, and there's always the chance that I won't obtain him, unless my alliance does it. This happened with Deadpool earlier.

Which is why I said there's no reason to break the pattern, unless it's a true fix for the issue, which would be the removal of essentials from the Gauntlet.

Its the nature of PVE currently, to treadmill the players. If they started shuffling the next essentials for events to not match the previous event's prizes, they run the risk of alienating the engaged player base, which they absolutely do not want to do.
  • tanis3303 wrote:

If I remember correctly, Gauntlet works differently than other Story events. The last time it ran, which was also the first time finishing it got you a 4*, didn't all the essential nodes require the same, 3* character? I think it was Deadpool, but can't remember for sure. I'm like 95% sure we didn't have to use a 2* for any of the essentials...there might have been a few of them that called for IW now that I think about it tho, idk...my memory isn't great...

I can already guess, however, that we're going to see a lvl 395 Human Torch, Reed, Thing node, because Reed only looks like he'll be good at insane levels, and controlled by the AI. icon_mrgreen.gif

Last Gauntlet was 2Marvel, Mystique, and IW, and bafflingly, they had Mystique as the essential on the first map for the 2 star covers, and it hosed me for the entire event. So I just bailed, as I was on the 1-2 star transition at that time.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

You do realize, active players can still have trouble getting reed because he ALSO will have a 4 star essential during his event?

no they wont cause you can easy get top 100 with just 2 of the essentails

when i have all 3 take top 20
    when i have 2 of the 3 can take around 50 to 70
  • To me it sounds like it could be thanos but it might also be night crawler??
  • Can you reconsider running so many tournies for characters I don't have iso in?

I'm going to be beyond broke next week, holy ****...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the nice selection of upcoming PVP tournaments. It gives those recently able to compete in PVP, the ability to gain covers for older characters. Luckily, I have all of them at a decent level.

Might build a GSBW dupe, so glad to see her as a reward in PVP and PVE. I've already got 3 IM40s, but if yellow is T100, I might consider building a 4th. I hope the QS rewards are green for T100 so I can respec from 553 to 535, but I'd probably do it after his PVP is over. My HP supply is low, so will be nice not to have to shield in a lot of those PVPs, and be able to walk away with a net gain every PVP. My ISO supply recently went over 500k. Once I start getting more of my dupes covered well, I will probably have a Rise of the Clones event.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Would be so awesome if the new 4* was out of this world.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Apologies if I've missed an announcement, but is there *any* new content on the horizon other than more and more 4*s?
    Nothing to announce at current, but we do not intend the current set of Heroics/Episodes/Gauntlet/Sim/Ultron to forever be what the game revolves around.
    More and more 4* will be a fact of life. In fact a year or two from now don't be surprised when the 4* complain about the 5*. An so on.

My guess is that we WILL see the game shift to a very different mode of progression; i.e. rather than having free-for-all events we'll see events that are constrained to a more targeted player base.

In other words I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a 1* sub-game, a 2* sub-game, etc. so that the less covered players have a more level playing field in which to get to the next tier.

They probably won't go away from how the covers are handed out (ie the award structures)... there's probably just too much money coming in from the whales. Grind away for that Next Coveted Character(tm), get one of each color and then buy the rest. A little over $100 to fully cover a new character x your whale base = proft.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    no they wont cause you can easy get top 100 with just 2 of the essentails

when i have all 3 take top 20
    when i have 2 of the 3 can take around 50 to 70
    Sure, you just have to play "optimally". Base your life and schedule around the refresh cycle for 4-7 days. Competitive PvE is the worst.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
      Prodigal Sun The Hunt (Mr. Fantastic New Character PVE!) Gauntlet The Hulk
    Forgive my ignorance, but how is The Hunt pve different from The Hulk pve?
  • Jathro wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    my youtube channel has archived the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeVBReCddKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kKyF2AULg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS

hulk has pants in the hulk pve... the hunt hulk is hunting for his pants icon_e_smile.gif

really dont think there are that many difference is there well besides

hunt 4 days
    hulk 7 days
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    The last two letters are different.
    In all seriousness, The Hunt is a 4 day PvE about the Dark Avengers attacking SHIELD bases around the world. The Hulk is a 7 day PvE about SHIELD trying to recruit The Hulk.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

You don't even know this is what they're going to do. You go from a question to an assumption to a condemnation. Maybe wait until they announce it before getting all uppity?
  • MojoWild wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

You don't even know this is what they're going to do. You go from a question to an assumption to a condemnation. Maybe wait until they announce it before getting all uppity?
    it's important to cover all your bases icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Sam Wilson (Captain America) - Close Air Support Black Widow (Grey Suit) - Hollowpoint Kiss Punisher - Army of One Iron Man (Model 40) - Heavy Metal Hulk - Smash Hit Quicksilver - Blue
    TinyKitty

Fixed it... can't stand his Blue!!

Moderator edit: Please don't avoid the profanity filter. It's probably easier to use another word instead. -DayvBang
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    with im40 main reward as the least desired yellow cover for him. what are the odds that hulk main reward will be the green that we've all sold the most of. man I need some black on him.