MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can info be leaked on the ultron event is it a pure ultron team based thing

Who is the covers going to be rewarded for it

would of been really neat if they made it a sneak peak into the Leg tokens but that never happen icon_e_smile.gif
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with upcoming events.
    UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Hulk - Smash Hit
    Quicksilver - Blue Shift
    Mr. Fantastic - ???
    Mystique - Identity Theft
    Black Panther - Predator and Prey (End of season 18)

as an alliance mate pointed out, this makes 12 events in the season?

Events already played
    1 icon_daredevil.png
    2 icon_vision.png
    3 icon_kamalakhan.png
    4 icon_captainamerica.png (Falcon)
    5 icon_blackwidow.png
    6 icon_punisher.png

I was just going to mention this too... according to my calendar, the Black Panther tourney is the mid-week tourney. I think we're missing one?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    MojoWild wrote:
    I was just going to mention this too... according to my calendar, the Black Panther tourney is the mid-week tourney. I think we're missing one?
    Hmm, you're right, count is off. I don't have access to the calendar at the moment, but I'll recheck when I can. For now, enjoy having a mystery tourney! I bet it's really Old Man Wilkins.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    Hmm, you're right, count is off. I don't have access to the calendar at the moment, but I'll recheck when I can. For now, enjoy having a mystery tourney! I bet it's really Old Man Wilkins.

IM40 = Old Man Wilkins? I could buy that.
  • slidecage
    wonder if that ultron is the ultron event or hes just in gaunlet.

love to see a pure ultron event love to see how it would run with people still doing 4 star reed
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    if you run concurrent pve or pvp events, players are going to complain about not having heals to fully engage in the live events. Lower engagement = big no-no to D3's bean counters. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    puppychow wrote:
    if you run concurrent pve or pvp events, players are going to complain about not having heals to fully engage in the live events. Lower engagement = big no-no to D3's bean counters. icon_lol.gif

not sure if that is true since i think they said they want to see how gaunlet runs along the side of HULK PVE.. Meaning we could start seeing a gaunlet running every 7 days right along the side of other PVEs
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

not sure if that is true since i think they said they want to see how gaunlet runs along the side of HULK PVE.. Meaning we could start seeing a gaunlet running every 7 days right along the side of other PVEs
    I think they did the same thing with the last Gauntlet. As I recall, another event started about halfway through the runtime.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with upcoming events.
    Hulk - Smash Hit
    Quicksilver - Blue Shift
    Mr. Fantastic - ???

as an alliance mate pointed out, this makes 12 events in the season?

Events already played
    1 icon_daredevil.png
    2 icon_vision.png
    3 icon_kamalakhan.png
    4 icon_captainamerica.png (Falcon)
    5 icon_blackwidow.png
    6 icon_punisher.png

According to the in-game countdown, the season ends in a week, so that would leave room for only 2 more pvp's after Hulk (which would make it a normal 10-pvp season). Something is very off with that schedule indeed.

QS is most likely the next pvp since Hulk doesn't have Mr Fantastic as top 1 reward, but after that it's either Mr Fantastic pvp as season end (so another new character pvp at the end, just like Xpool's last time, and also the first pvp to offer legendary tokens if I'm not mistaken), or BP's as in the list above, with Mr Fantastic in the offseason.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    ...with Mr Fantastic in the offseason.
    this gets my vote. hitting above your weight becomes very hard dragging dead weight with you. I think every **** event possible should be off season.
  • cletus1985 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

IM40 = Old Man Wilkins? I could buy that.

He's literally the longest unchanged 3 star in the game. Did the math.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    MojoWild wrote:
    K8ee wrote:
    I know it takes time to write content, and i appreciate how tough it can be to do that well. My point is that it doesn't need "testing" like new powers do so it needs an author not a tech team.

The problem is that it doesn't earn money directly, just makes players happier in the long run and feel part of something that grows over time instead of stuck in a loop that they will, eventually, grow bored of.

Tbh, I rarely read the dialogue past the first screen, if I even read that. It really doesn't have any bearing on the gameplay and I'd rather just get to the action.

I don't read the story either. Maybe I had, once, but I'm not even sure. However the repetition of the same dozen bad guys in the same dozen configuration doesn't color the game in a good way.

New character is fine, but as far as I'm concerned it's not really "content". I do not deny it requires work but it doesn't really change the landscape of the game. You can add as many weapons to a FPS as you want, people are going to ask for new areas.
  • Lee T wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    K8ee wrote:
    I know it takes time to write content, and i appreciate how tough it can be to do that well. My point is that it doesn't need "testing" like new powers do so it needs an author not a tech team.

The problem is that it doesn't earn money directly, just makes players happier in the long run and feel part of something that grows over time instead of stuck in a loop that they will, eventually, grow bored of.

Tbh, I rarely read the dialogue past the first screen, if I even read that. It really doesn't have any bearing on the gameplay and I'd rather just get to the action.

I don't read the story either. Maybe I had, once, but I'm not even sure. However the repetition of the same dozen bad guys in the same dozen configuration doesn't color the game in a good way.

New character is fine, but as far as I'm concerned it's not really "content". I do not deny it requires work but it doesn't really change the landscape of the game. You can add as many weapons to a FPS as you want, people are going to ask for new areas.
    The story is pretty disappointing...as a noob I was curious what happened after you beat the node, and there's barely anything. Hell, one of the stories ends with GO READ THIS COMIC!!!

Equally odd is they pass this to a Marvel writer, so it's not just some person coasting off his/her work(or maybe it is?).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Hulk - Smash Hit
    Quicksilver - Blue Shift
    Mr. Fantastic - ???

Umm...this doesn't work. There's only 3 PvP's left this season.

Hulk (Slice 1 Sun-Wed)
    Quicksilver (Tue-Fri)
    Mr. Fantastic (Fri-Sun). End of Season. (there's 6 days left in the season).

So either Mystique/Black Panther are offseason events, or they're the start of 19.
  • Orti
    Orti Posts: 20
    Release notes for r83 on Google play confirm ice man
  • slidecage
    Meet Rocket & Groot a 7 day event isnt it....7 day event for iceman blah
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, it's only a 4 day event.

You'll have to find something else to complain about.
  • slidecage
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Nope, it's only a 4 day event.

You'll have to find something else to complain about.

okay its too hot to play iceman :_)

still wondering if their will be 3 4 stars in oct

first thursday oct 1
    thrid oct 16

maybe they will run a anniver. thing the last 2 weeks of oct.

cant remember do you use groot in meet them
  • So the events extend past what the Season is indicating. The game shows the season ends in 3 days but there's too many events. What's gonna happen when the game strikes zero?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    y2k all over again...