MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    with im40 main reward as the least desired yellow cover for him. what are the odds that hulk main reward will be the green that we've all sold the most of. man I need some black on him.

yellow is his most useful cover! His only useful one tbh
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    with im40 main reward as the least desired yellow cover for him. what are the odds that hulk main reward will be the green that we've all sold the most of. man I need some black on him.

true, but you only need 2. anyone playing for a while should find 2 without much problem. I'm probably discounting too many players with that statement, so I can certainly see your point for those who don't have it. I just think with t100 needing 800ish, if you can make 800ish with your roster you probably have 2 yellows by now, but not always.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

true, but you only need 2. anyone playing for a while should find 2 without much problem. I'm probably discounting too many players with that statement, so I can certainly see your point for those who don't have it. I just think with t100 needing 800ish, if you can make 800ish with your roster you probably have 2 yellows by now, but not always.

I keep it at 4, especially for his PVP and long wave nodes. Only places they come in handy, and only places i use him.. and an obsession to max cover everyone, more the 2nd one.. 4/5/4 on him for me.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I'm surprised to see anyone take his yellow to 2, let alone anything higher. Why would you want a recharging power to be so expensive? I'd prefer to toss yellow out every 2-3 turns and just maximize the red gain. Mine is 4/5/1, but will be 5/5/1 following the punisher event.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    san-mpq wrote:
    I'm surprised to see anyone take his yellow to 2, let alone anything higher. Why would you want a recharging power to be so expensive? I'd prefer to toss yellow out every 2-3 turns and just maximize the red gain. Mine is 4/5/1, but will be 5/5/1 following the punisher event.

I agree. My im40 has been at 5/5/1 for months now and I have very few regrets. Blue ap is nice, but casting for just 2 matches is better.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:

I agree. My im40 has been at 5/5/1 for months now and I have very few regrets. Blue ap is nice, but casting for just 2 matches is better.

Posted in the Pun thread, copied here b/c it's relevant. Not relevant if you don't use color boosts or are willing to use color boosts with all color boosts.

You want 2, since they nerfed the amount of boosts you can use, from 3 to 2. When it was 3 boosts, 1 yellow cover, you could use 3 r/y, make 1 yellow match and fire his yellow to get 9 red. Now since you can only use 2, you have to make 2 matches, so you might as well have 2 covers, so you can get 9 red and 9 blue.

Needing only 2 IM40 yellow, makes him the most useful with least covers needed, except for probably Deadpool purple. And since his yellow is cover dependent, not level dependent, there is no need to level him to get the benefits.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    will the new 4 star be needed for the HULK Or will it be a random 4 star needed
  • san
    lukewin wrote:
    ...You want 2, since they nerfed the amount of boosts you can use, from 3 to 2. When it was 3 boosts, 1 yellow cover, you could use 3 r/y, make 1 yellow match and fire his yellow to get 9 red. Now since you can only use 2, you have to make 2 matches, so you might as well have 2 covers, so you can get 9 red and 9 blue....

I see your point here lukewin, however, I still disagree on the use of two covers over one. The reason I say that is that for the most part, I don't use boosts during regular matches, rather saving them for the end of a run, or for hops. I know some folks use boosts constantly, but I see no reason to waste iso when this is not necessary. The other thing is, that while you MAY require two matches anyways, sometimes you may not. Say for example, if you have a yellowflag.png combo-4 or another color combo-4/5 that also hits (and collects) a yellow. In these cases, it is still two matches. yes, the chances aren't huge, but it can happen. I guess that it comes down to how someone plays. I prefer to hit fast with reds, rather than wait. Most blue skills aren't really hard hitting anyways (exceptions do apply, see cMags).
  • san-mpq wrote:
    I don't use boosts during regular matches

No further questions, your honor
  • san
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:

Is there something wrong with that? And if so, what exactly?

A good question to ask yourself before posting is "does what I have to say add to the conversation in any way?"
  • san-mpq wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:

A good question to ask yourself before posting is "does what I have to say add to the conversation in any way?"
    Unsolicited advice
  • san
    edited September 2015
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:

Unsolicited advice

Clarification question, actually. In any case, do you have something to say to add to the thread? I think my post was thoughtful enough that it deserves more than a 5 word response. You haven't answered my question yet.
  • lukewin
    san-mpq wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    ...You want 2, since they nerfed the amount of boosts you can use, from 3 to 2. When it was 3 boosts, 1 yellow cover, you could use 3 r/y, make 1 yellow match and fire his yellow to get 9 red. Now since you can only use 2, you have to make 2 matches, so you might as well have 2 covers, so you can get 9 red and 9 blue....

I see your point here lukewin, however, I still disagree on the use of two covers over one. The reason I say that is that for the most part, I don't use boosts during regular matches, rather saving them for the end of a run, or for hops. I know some folks use boosts constantly, but I see no reason to waste iso when this is not necessary. The other thing is, that while you MAY require two matches anyways, sometimes you may not. Say for example, if you have a yellowflag.png combo-4 or another color combo-4/5 that also hits (and collects) a yellow. In these cases, it is still two matches. yes, the chances aren't huge, but it can happen. I guess that it comes down to how someone plays. I prefer to hit fast with reds, rather than wait. Most blue skills aren't really hard hitting anyways (exceptions do apply, see cMags).

To each their own, and everyone plays differently, so I don't try to knock anyone else's choices. Your disagreement is valid based on your reasoning, which is why I put "Not relevant if you don't use color boosts or are willing to use color boosts with all color boosts."

I use color boosts, since I'd rather pay ISO for them, than pay HP for healthpacks. The sooner I can get enough AP for powers, the quicker the matches can go, reducing the amount of damage I take. I use him primarily in PVE, where he speeds up LCap or Thor, and both those benefit from red and blue.

EDIT - looks like you're on the way to being added to someone's IGNORE list. When you do get there, I'll be there to shake your hand and welcome you to the club. It's full of sane, civil people.
  • san
    lukewin wrote:
    To each their own, and everyone plays differently, so I don't try to knock anyone else's choices. Your disagreement is valid based on your reasoning, which is why I put "Not relevant if you don't use color boosts or are willing to use color boosts with all color boosts."

I use color boosts, since I'd rather pay ISO for them, than pay HP for healthpacks. The sooner I can get enough AP for powers, the quicker the matches can go, reducing the amount of damage I take. I use him primarily in PVE, where he speeds up LCap or Thor, and both those benefit from red and blue.

Good points. I certainly agree with the use of boosts when it speeds things up in that way. I haven't found myself needing health packs when playing PvP, which is all I normally do - mind you, I use Kamala Khan (5/3/5) VERY often, and usually with HB/IF - IF purpleflag.png (HEAL), HB blackflag.png (damage, then HEAL), HB redflag.png (HEAL) = dead enemy, and more health for me. I avoid PvE like the plague, so perhaps this saves me some health pack use, particularly when the two end times are close. I use boosts during every single jump, just not on a regular basis during standard games (i.e. 0-700pts in PvP). I only use IM40 when he is an essential - otherwise, I have much better AP generators for red in HB and Cyclops, which might explain my choice.
  • san-mpq wrote:
    Clarification question, actually. In any case, do you have something to say to add to the thread. I think my post was thoughtful enough that it deserves more than a 5 word response. You haven't answered my question yet.
    I can think of many statements of two words or less are worth pondering, yet my 5 word response is not?

And, lets not forget you said my statement adds nothing to the conversation.

So - Much ado about nothing or is it?
  • san
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    Clarification question, actually. In any case, do you have something to say to add to the thread. I think my post was thoughtful enough that it deserves more than a 5 word response. You haven't answered my question yet.
    I can think of many statements of two words or less are worth pondering, yet my 5 word response is not?

I can see that responding to you will be a no-win situation - clearly you put yourself on the same level as Sheakspeare. In any case, you are going off-topic here, and apparently trying hard to argue. I'll stop here and let the mods deal with it as necessary. Good day, sir.
  • san-mpq wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:

I can see that responding to you will be a no-win situation - clearly you put yourself on the same level as Sheakspeare. In any case, you are going off-topic here, and apparently trying hard to argue. I'll stop here and let the mods deal with it as necessary. Good day, sir.
    Do you even know what "level" shakesphere was on?

And again with the accusation and passive-aggressive insults.

And here you are trying to give me advice, here's a freebie kid:

He made wiener jokes
  • lukewin
    edited September 2015
    raisinbman wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    Do you even know what "level" shakesphere was on?

And again with the accusation and passive-aggressive insults.

And here you are trying to give me advice, here's a freebie kid:

He made wiener jokes

You would think getting banned twice for the reasons below would make someone change their tune, but I guess not. Then again, we're talking about the boy who cried retirement, via their signature. That was my best MPQ moment of the day when I first saw that post, but it's been my worst MPQ moment of the day multiple times when I've realized it's not true.

-You are banned from the forums for 3 days because of an uncivil and rude attitude. Repeatedly making unjustified reports. Constant downvoting. Inappropriate signatures. Repeatedly making rude comments against other posts. Repeatedly engaging in argument

-Please refrain from trolling fellow forum members -- that being said -- I hear Taihiti is really nice this time of the year; enjoy a week vacation!
  • Most people can google a list of the upcoming DDQ covers, but isn't it time for you guys to update the first post with the next set of DDQ anyway(hopefully with an update to the new character too)?

Would also appreciate any info about upcoming PvPs, now we've gone through half of the list already.

(Also, just report and move on please, don't feel like you need to have the last word).
  • san
    xequalsy wrote:
    Most people can google a list of the upcoming DDQ covers, but isn't it time for you guys to update the first post with the next set of DDQ anyway(hopefully with an update to the new character too)?

Would also appreciate any info about upcoming PvPs, now we've gone through half of the list already.

(Also, just report and move on please, don't feel like you need to have the last word).

For latest DDQ cover list, see below:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

For events, these can usually be found in the events section of the forum

viewforum.php?f=20