MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray a Gauntlet coming! Please let it be another 4* for final progression!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Next 4* character past that is still undergoing final balancing passes, but a brief ability rundown:
    Green - Deals damage to enemy team, plus bonus damage for each Blue tile on the board
    Blue - Stuns the target and places a Countdown tile. Use again to destroy the Countdown tile and deal damage to target
    Purple - Transforms Red tiles to Blue tiles, drains Red AP from the enemy. (IceIX - Hulkbuster-buster?)

I laughed when someone said Ice Man but it actually could be.. turning Red into Blue is like putting out the fire. I am really curious to see who this character will turn out to be.

Shame I'll never be able to play him but there's always the one node when the 4* is fully covered for me to pretend I am powerful haha
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hooray a Gauntlet coming! Please let it be another 4* for final progression!

really kills the 4 star at least for me.. 4 star = easy HP next event

Now its 4 star then ganulet. maybe the 4 star will be needed for the hulk PVE but even if it was not sure i want to grind 7 days just for 350 HP when i can earn that in little over an hour in pvp
  • sounds nice (though, if iceman, i was hoping for another passive self healer like daken, patch, etc), but i'll reserve final thoughts for when ap costs for those powers come out, haha.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I don't think Iceman is a bad suggestion at all. With such blue-heavy powers it has to be a water or ice-related character! The powers could be named...

Green - BLIZZARD - Iceman hurls a barrage of ice shards at the opposing team, dealing damage to all enemies for each shard (blue tile) available.
    Blue - ICE BLAST - Iceman stuns enemy by encasing them in a block of ice. A second blast shatters the ice and deals damage
    Purple - DEEP FREEZE - Iceman drops the surrounding temperature to sub-zero, putting out fires (red tiles) and causing ice shards (blue tiles) to form in their place

It seems to fit the character well. Although personally, I think Iceman only deserves to be 3* level - it doesn't seem right that a 4* character could be beaten with some grit and salt....!! icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Gauntlet
    It's Whale time.
    mjh wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Next 4* character past that is still undergoing final balancing passes, but a brief ability rundown:
      Green - Deals damage to enemy team, plus bonus damage for each Blue tile on the board Blue - Stuns the target and places a Countdown tile. Use again to destroy the Countdown tile and deal damage to target Purple - Transforms Red tiles to Blue tiles, drains Red AP from the enemy.
    (IceIX - Hulkbuster-buster?)

When will they stop with the 4*s?

My sources say...be careful what you wish for....500px-Calypso_in_Twisted_Metal_Black.jpg
  • Malcrof
    IceIX wrote:
      Green - Deals damage to enemy team, plus bonus damage for each Blue tile on the board Blue - Stuns the target and places a Countdown tile. Use again to destroy the Countdown tile and deal damage to target Purple - Transforms Red tiles to Blue tiles, drains Red AP from the enemy.
    (IceIX - Hulkbuster-buster?)

That green looks like a nice 4* version of Moonstone Red.

We are only missing 1 of them from the 4* ranks... and he is in blue alot

Store_HumanTorch_Blue.png?itok=GtvPXc1U

still sounds like Iceman, but...
  • The new character is Mega Man X Buster, he can bust anything, draining red and creating blue to use to polish his armor.
  • sagapo wrote:
    The new character is Mega Man X Buster, he can bust anything, draining red and creating blue to use to polish his armor.
    anything so that capcom isn't keeping him in an early grave
  • Super-Skrull maybe? Although it'd be odd to release another F4 related character back to back
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Updated the OP with links to the Marvel.com interview and the character discussion for Mr. Fantastic, our next new character.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    sagapo wrote:
    The new character is Mega Man X Buster, he can bust anything, draining red and creating blue to use to polish his armor.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31920&start=20#p396871
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apologies if I've missed an announcement, but is there *any* new content on the horizon other than more and more 4*s?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Apologies if I've missed an announcement, but is there *any* new content on the horizon other than more and more 4*s?
    Nothing to announce at current, but we do not intend the current set of Heroics/Episodes/Gauntlet/Sim/Ultron to forever be what the game revolves around.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Nothing to announce at current, but we do not intend the current set of Heroics/Episodes/Gauntlet/Sim/Ultron to forever be what the game revolves around.

That's all we need to hear! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    We know from Hex Bolt that the game considers Charged Tiles to belong to a team (that is, they can be either friendly or enemy even though they will provide the benefit to whichever team actually matches it). I assume that Webs/Bubbles/Time Locks also get assigned a "team membership" in the same way. Dev questions: If an enemy matches one of these special tiles will it proc this Passive? If not, why.
    No, since matching those tiles doesn't destroy the tile, just the lock. I'll answer the other as well too.
    Worcestershire and a dab of marmite.

Just two things:
    1. The ability says "matches" not "destroys". (ugh, this now leads into a further question: Does this mean that match-4, match 5, ability-based tile destruction, and ability-based conversion all don't trigger it either?)
    2. If the ability does rely on the tile being destroyed, then Charged Tiles (with their hidden allegiance) and possibly Web Tiles (do these have a hidden allegiance like Charges?) do get destroyed when matched, so those would proc the ability. Are Web/Charged/Bubble/Locked tiles not actually considered "special" for this ability?

I guess this mostly comes down to a request for correct & consistent language - ie, keywords - to be implemented.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    Take this with some salt since we may change this up, but the current plan is to see what happens when we overlap Gauntlet a bit with other Events. So while Gauntlet could be 7 days, the last few could overlap into Hulk or whatever.
    If you're going to do this, could you please make the Gauntlet run longer? I like the idea of the Gauntlet being like a PVE SHIELD Sim to hit while waiting on refreshes, but it's hard enough getting through it in a week as it is. If it's going to run concurrently with other PVEs, it's going to need more time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Dare we hope for some nice surprise along these lines for the two year anniversary?
  • Malcrof
    So the Reed release is the event directly prior to The Gauntlet. Will he be the essential in The Gauntlet? i am aware that usually the rewards from the previous events are the essentials for the next... but by making a new 4* release the essential for The Gauntlet, means only T100 people will even have a chance at completing it.. so basically, unless you give up on real life and commit yourself to the game, you lose out on the 1 event that lets casual people actually enjoy a week of playing at their own pace for a nice reward..

hate to say it, but that is kind of a tinykitty move on your part D3.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you comment on if ultron is coming back anytime soon (like say sept)