MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    My 1/2/1 Hulkbuster will be in the corner crying, if anyone needs him.

Have Iron Fist go talk to him, they're besties.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really really don't think there's much chance Hulkbuster won't be fighting a level 270 Hulk.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    The first two opponents were L270 3* characters, though. Judging from the rest of DDQ, I'm not sure they'll break that pattern (although if they do, Iceman is definitely the character to put up against HB). A 4* character being a hard counter for another 4* in the meta also doesn't mean they'll be pit against each other in DDQ, though. Having Jean as an opponent for Prof X would be downright unfair.

Hulk is actually a pretty interesting opponent for HB, though. You can't go nuts with Overdrive and 9 AP Repulsor Punches, because then every hit will trigger anger and yu'll soon be heading towards a green cascady death. You'll basically have to save red and black AP for a one turn kill while trying to keep Hulk from killing you in the meantime. That's very feasible with a L200+ version of HB, but anything below that will have a tough time for sure, just like with the Fury node.
    IceIX did say they have plans for two-stars and four-stars in the fourstar DDQ too eventually.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be honest, I think a L270 Iceman would actually be pretty manageable with HB. You need to deny purple and blue, with blue taking top priority. The upside of that is that blue is actually useful to HB as well, since you both feed your own power with it and take away green for Iceman to use. Barring an unlucky board, this should be a very winnable fight.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    To be honest, I think a L270 Iceman would actually be pretty manageable with HB. You need to deny purple and blue, with blue taking top priority. The upside of that is that blue is actually useful to HB as well, since you both feed your own power with it and take away green for Iceman to use. Barring an unlucky board, this should be a very winnable fight.

So far the pattern has been that the opponent shares 2 colors with the 4*.. to make it harder to gain/deny AP, and forcing you to make matches that do not help you. Hulk fits with Black and Red against HB.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    The first two opponents were L270 3* characters, though. Judging from the rest of DDQ, I'm not sure they'll break that pattern (although if they do, Iceman is definitely the character to put up against HB). A 4* character being a hard counter for another 4* in the meta also doesn't mean they'll be pit against each other in DDQ, though. Having Jean as an opponent for Prof X would be downright unfair.

Hulk is actually a pretty interesting opponent for HB, though. You can't go nuts with Overdrive and 9 AP Repulsor Punches, because then every hit will trigger anger and yu'll soon be heading towards a green cascady death. You'll basically have to save red and black AP for a one turn kill while trying to keep Hulk from killing you in the meantime. That's very feasible with a L200+ version of HB, but anything below that will have a tough time for sure, just like with the Fury node.
    IceIX did say they have plans for two-stars and four-stars in the fourstar DDQ too eventually.
    Great a 270 Ares That will kill you with 6 green AP. That will be fun
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

So far the pattern has been that the opponent shares 2 colors with the 4*.. to make it harder to gain/deny AP, and forcing you to make matches that do not help you. Hulk fits with Black and Red against HB.

Alternately, it means you can deny enemy AP without making only matches that don't help you. Especially with HB, since he doesn't need to match green to deny green.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    You should ask Ice for tips on those hard battles, seems like a 1 cover can do that :p
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    everyone wants to talk about the 4* ddq...i just want to know what this mysterious anniversary pve is!
  • wiz_biz wrote:
    everyone wants to talk about the 4* ddq...i just want to know what this mysterious anniversary pve is!
    I can see it hiding behind a planet-size cloud...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator
    Thick As Thieves
    Iso-8 Brotherhood
    Anniversary PVE

so guessing all 3/4 day events

sim sept 24 to 28
    thick sept 28 to oct 1
    iso oct 1 to oct 5

is this the first time a PVP and PVE will end same time?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Simulator
    Thick As Thieves
    Iso-8 Brotherhood
    Anniversary PVE

so guessing all 3/4 day events

sim sept 24 to 28
    thick sept 28 to oct 1
    iso oct 1 to oct 5

is this the first time a PVP and PVE will end same time?

I"m assuming the Anniversary PvE is the new galaxy one, which starts Oct 8th. So one of those PvE's is probably 7 days (which I believe is iso 8 brotherhood)
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    DayvBang wrote:

My 0/1/2 HB will join.
  • slidecage
    is sim slice 5 short an hour thought PVE ended at 3am says 2am dont think time change acoming nope time change dont hit till nov 1
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    is sim slice 5 short an hour thought PVE ended at 3am says 2am dont think time change acoming nope time change dont hit till nov 1
    Let me introduce you to my friends, the punctuation marks: . ? ,

icon_e_wink.gif

In answer to your question, they all appear to be the same length to me.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/WG4ysJM.jpg

PUT ME IN COACH I'M READY TO PLAY
  • slidecage
    DayvBang wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Let me introduce you to my friends, the punctuation marks: . ? ,

icon_e_wink.gif

In answer to your question, they all appear to be the same length to me.

hello marks nice to meet you, hopefully one day i learn how to use you icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    slidecage wrote:
    hello marks nice to meet you, hopefully one day i learn how to use you icon_e_smile.gif
    Look there! A comma already wants to make friends! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Hang on, it could be a different punctuation mark masquerading as one. You know, a

*puts on sunglasses*

Comma chameleon.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Nellobee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Hang on, it could be a different punctuation mark masquerading as one. You know, a

*puts on sunglasses*

Comma chameleon.

Genius