MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In September, 2015 (Updated 9/22)

Comments

• Next boosted chars?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They may still be deciding the name of the Iceman PVP before posting. But yes, hoarding iso right now to find out where to put it. They should update it today or tomorrow.
  • Seriously?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    They may still be deciding the name of the Iceman PVP before posting. But yes, hoarding iso right now to find out where to put it. They should update it today or tomorrow.
    hey malcrof. your name has a....a condition, an issue, looks sick man. I bet they make some meds for that. lol
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new sneak peek sounds like the perfect way to celebrate Malcrofs ascension to modhood, right?

Right?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Final update for this month for the thread, any new updates will come on the October Sneak Peek.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Mystique - Identity Theft Iceman - ??? Beast - Real McCoy Doctor Octopus - Eight Is Enough She-Hulk - Trial By Combat Colossus - Real Steel Deadpool - Weapon TeX-MeX (End of Season 19) Anniversary Versus - ???

Math seems wrong again here. After Identity Theft there should be only 4 PvPs left in the season.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    IceIX wrote:
    <Snip versus list>

Math seems wrong again here. After Identity Theft there should be only 4 PvPs left in the season.
    This time around, my mistake for not inserting wording, not so much math actually. Those are all possible upcomings for the season end, not necessarily the order. I'll mention that in the OP. So still a mistake, but a different one!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oof. I was hoping for Thor after Invisible Woman to give more time to improve the newer 4*s. Looks like I'll be missing that one short of a lucky drop. (My Hulkbuster is capped at 2/2/1).
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    "Anniversary PVE"

New event??
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
      10/1/15-10/7/15
      4* - Sam Wilson (Captain America), Professor X
      3* - Blade, Hood, Psylocke, Quicksilver, Squirrel Girl
      2* - Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Ms. Marvel
      1* - Hawkeye, Yelena

Yeesh, talk about a terrible week!
    • Der_Lex
      IceIX wrote:
        10/1/15-10/7/15
        4* - Sam Wilson (Captain America), Professor X
        3* - Blade, Hood, Psylocke, Quicksilver, Squirrel Girl
        2* - Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Ms. Marvel
        1* - Hawkeye, Yelena

Yeesh, talk about a terrible week!

Is it, though? I see a lot of special tile generators, and a Prof X to buff those tiles up to crazy levels. Plus X and Quicksilver combine really well in PvE.

I think the week before is a lot more meh, although that first DDQ node taught those that didn't know already that a buffed Cyclops is a force to be reckoned with, and buffed Thing is no slouch either.

Pretty happy about HB being up for the DDQ node after IW, since mine is at L260. Wonder if he'll be fighting Hulk, or if it'll be another out of the blue character like Magneto for Fury.
      • Quebbster
        Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
        Was expecting Thor for the next 4* battle, but my level 250 Hulkbuster should be up to the task. Nice to know I won't have to stockpile more ISO for after I level Invisible Woman...
        I'm assuming he will battle Hulk. Or maybe not, the choices are weird sometimes.
      • Malcrof
        3* Bullseye needs a week of buffage!
      • My money is on Iceman. When his power set was first announced he was referred to as Hulkbuster-buster. I don't imagine the devs would mention that and then not play him against us.

I know fighting Hulk makes much better narrative sense but I'm assuming the opponents are decided more by their colours and powers rather than by grudge match wish lists.
      • CrookedKnight
        CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
        I was hoping Hulkbuster would wait a few more weeks until his red comes around at 1K again, but my 3/5/3 should be up to the task.
      • Malcrof
        I was hoping Hulkbuster would wait a few more weeks until his red comes around at 1K again, but my 3/5/3 should be up to the task.

1/5/4 on mine.. going to be rough.. but i think i can handle it.. will jst have to save up 30 red and do it all in 1 turn.
      • Der_Lex
        The first two opponents were L270 3* characters, though. Judging from the rest of DDQ, I'm not sure they'll break that pattern (although if they do, Iceman is definitely the character to put up against HB). A 4* character being a hard counter for another 4* in the meta also doesn't mean they'll be pit against each other in DDQ, though. Having Jean as an opponent for Prof X would be downright unfair.

Hulk is actually a pretty interesting opponent for HB, though. You can't go nuts with Overdrive and 9 AP Repulsor Punches, because then every hit will trigger anger and yu'll soon be heading towards a green cascady death. You'll basically have to save red and black AP for a one turn kill while trying to keep Hulk from killing you in the meantime. That's very feasible with a L200+ version of HB, but anything below that will have a tough time for sure, just like with the Fury node.
      • Oh yes, I forgot about Iceman being 4* although I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be a mix of 3*/4* opponents. I think. Sometimes I forget what is player speculation and what has been confirmed by the devs. I hope you're right though, I wasn't too keen on Hulkbuster vs Iceman. I'd much rather fight Hulk.
      • Dayv
        Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
        My 1/2/1 Hulkbuster will be in the corner crying, if anyone needs him.