* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• Newer players reaction: OMG Spiderman in an iconic costume (not the goofy Bagman)!

Most Vets reaction: Go join Yelena over there --->
  • p5jn1.jpg
  • He's good and accessible to new players/non-elite players, I approve
  • dathremar wrote:
    Newer players reaction: OMG Spiderman in an iconic costume (not the goofy Bagman)!

Most Vets reaction: Go join Yelena over there --->
    bluecrit.pngicon_bullseye.png
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't judge me too harshly when I ask what's the difference between Spider-Man and the Amazing Spider-Man? Not in game, but the actual characters. I don't read comics.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So here is a question if we turn the tutorial back on will the vets get to try spidey out?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    So here is a question if we turn the tutorial back on will the vets get to try spidey out?
    No, but he'll be available for vets to pick up. And being a 1*, that means you'll be selling excess copies pretty quickly. Assuming of course you give the poor guy a roster slot.

Edit: I'm really interested a month or two from now to see how many vets have Ditko Spidey in their roster versus Bag-Man.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AbIVI8a.png?1
  • Just different eras and costume designs.

The "Classic" 3 star is more akin to McFarlane/Larsen/Bagley's take.

The original has the web armpits and smaller eyes of the classic look. They're both still Peter Parker, just different phases of his career.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Just different eras and costume designs.

The "Classic" 3 star is more akin to McFarlane/Larsen/Bagley's take.

The original has the web armpits and smaller eyes of the classic look. They're both still Peter Parker, just different phases of his career.
    it's a reverse gold/lazy character or in layman's terms a clone/reskin plz buff 3* spidey
  • fmftint wrote:
    SM as a star.png just seems.... wrong

It's actually perfect. You'd be surprised how many people have possibly dropped the game due to not having early access to Spidey.

I mean, personally, I tried the game and quit twice over it, before it eventually stuck. This is something that's been needed for a long time, and hopefully it means some other issues in the 1 star.png realm get addressed as well.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm really interested a month or two from now to see how many vets have Ditko Spidey in their roster versus Bag-Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0qz6EbYeYk

Challenge accepted! Ψ( ̄(エ) ̄)Ψ
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Oh boy, more web tiles! They really need more characters creating these instead of just spidey and venom...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Art is on point; I hope this marks the first steps into a new world.
    Also thoroughly excited at the idea of a scrappy fighter Spider-Man even if it's just a 1* version. I wonder if there's a way to see the look of horror on the new players faces as they finally leave the 1* tier behind for the 2* and 3* tiers only to discover that Spider-Man got beat around the head with a lead pipe.
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    No, but he'll be available for vets to pick up. And being a 1*, that means you'll be selling excess copies pretty quickly. Assuming of course you give the poor guy a roster slot.

Edit: I'm really interested a month or two from now to see how many vets have Ditko Spidey in their roster versus Bag-Man.

I'd be fairly interested in seeing how many vets have Bag-Man currently - I'd say it's already mostly just the collectors. In fact, how many non-vets have Bag-Man? He's never been an essential, and he's not a part of any transition team. Vets are actually more likely to have the luxury of a "spare" roster slot, newbies get to experience the "fun" of deciding which covers to keep because they don't have the roster slots available.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, when's the next Balance of Power? I need to take ol' web-head out for a spin
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Three powers on a 1*? A bit unusual for those who aren't billionaire playboy philanthropists.

What are everyone's thoughts on optimum build?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    What are everyone's thoughts on optimum build?

5/5/5 for sure.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So...4* Spidey is deinitely either Black Suit or Miles Morales

Pretty obviously Miles.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    how soon will 1* spiderman be in standard tokens?

sorry if asked already
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So...4* Spidey is deinitely either Black Suit or Miles Morales

I'd prefer Superior Spidey personally. It would make a lot of sense considering most 4* characters are leaders in some fashion, and that version had an army of minions.