* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is Spider-man, no way it's not, that or an Ultron Bot, because other than those 2 the only characters that create character specific tiles are Ultron and Spidey. My big hope is that this is a precursor to his 3* getting reworked

stop talking, you're going to get him/her nerfed!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is Spider-man, no way it's not, that or an Ultron Bot, because other than those 2 the only characters that create character specific tiles are Ultron and Spidey. My big hope is that this is a precursor to his 3* getting reworked
    phaserhawk said it so it has to happen icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Except Spidey doesn't produce character specific tiles, he shares them with Venom.

Bag-man, on the -other hand- ...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Except Spidey doesn't produce character specific tiles, he shares them with Venom.

Bag-man, on the -other hand- ...

Either of those 3 are Spidey in one way shape or form. It makes sense too spidey is a beloved character and would be a nice 1* to have. I'm surprised no 1* Wolvie yet
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

If 3* Spidey gets a make over and finally gets usable, it would be awesome. He the hero of my childhood and never use him because... um... äh... there is no use for him, thats insane!
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He/She has the best moves of Modern BW/ Hawkeye and Model 35 Iron Man. People are thinking a new 1 *, I am thinking a dangerous addition come Combined Arms/ Balance of Power. Might be useful in DDQ as well.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

you forget Ant-Man, makes those little ant tiles, character specific. With the movie being a hit, it could very well be a 1* pym who is missing from the game in any form.

i still believe it is spidey, but there are other options!
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

you forget Ant-Man, makes those little ant tiles, character specific. With the movie being a hit, it could very well be a 1* pym who is missing from the game in any form.

While the animations are character specific, they are just CD tiles. Spidey and Venom are the only characters that have a set of tiles specific to them other than Ultron, everyone else has tiles that are seen amongst numerous characters, PX and IW are the other two with Invisibility, but they aren't character specific and Web-Tiles are the only tiles in game that aren't attack, strike, CD, trap etc and can only be found on Spidey characters
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

While the animations are character specific, they are just CD tiles. Spidey and Venom are the only characters that have a set of tiles specific to them other than Ultron, everyone else has tiles that are seen amongst numerous characters, PX and IW are the other two with Invisibility, but they aren't character specific and Web-Tiles are the only tiles in game that aren't attack, strike, CD, trap etc and can only be found on Spidey characters

IW bubbles, can anyone else make them? She can also blow them up, like this 1* does with his/her tiles.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought there were 4 character unique types.

forcefield.png IW's Force Bubbles
    web.png Spider-Man/Venom webtiles
    tutile.png Quicksilver's locked Team-Ups
    Bag-Man's Web-Slinger Locked Web-Tiles (These are distinct from web.png since they cannot be used for Snarky Remark)
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If I'm reading the description right then 3/5/5 would be useful to have for team ups. Murderous aim no longer needs to take a place up in your T/U box!

TBH I am glad there will be a new 1*, DDQ gets a bit repetitive with the same 1*s everyday. And honestly 1 or 2 days of regular play will give you enough ISO to level him to something decent. Heck, even 1 or 2 days play will be able to net you 13 covers from standard tokens.
  • I'm just saying, don't get super excited for his comboing with Venom for devour shenanigans, I suspect if this is spidey they're doing a new type of web tile, or just recycling the old Bag Man one.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

the movie being a hit? eh....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Marvel/Disney was not expecting Guardians of the Galaxy type numbers. Plus you need to remember that Ant-Man was unfortunately released after Avengers 2 which did poorly compared to the first one and was not heavily favored. It is currently sitting at 132M in the USA with nearly 300M globally. It has already earned more than Incredible Hulk and could likely pass Captain America: First Avenger. Ant-Man also had the lowest budget of any of the Marvel films. Overall, it succeeded at keeping the Marvel momentum going.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Well, maybe just a small one.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Marvel/Disney was not expecting Guardians of the Galaxy type numbers. Plus you need to remember that Ant-Man was unfortunately released after Avengers 2 which did poorly compared to the first one and was not heavily favored. It is currently sitting at 132M in the USA with nearly 300M globally. It has already earned more than Incredible Hulk and could likely pass Captain America: First Avenger. Ant-Man also had the lowest budget of any of the Marvel films. Overall, it succeeded at keeping the Marvel momentum going.
    I don't disagree, but calling it a 'hit' is like when every movie after the first week says "ITS #1 IN AMERICA!!!!!!".

It's one of Marvel's first 'meh' movies, but much like Disney, it'll still pass the bar.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Here's a fun website http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

As you can see, they pale in comparison to top 8 movies when adjusted for inflation, they don't amount to much

Of all the Marvel movies (not counting Spiderman since Sony) only the Avengers (both) the Iron-Man Triology and Guardians have made the top 200 all time grossing movies, Funny though how the Sam Raimi Spiderman's all have cracked the top 200 while the new ones have not.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    back on topic, do we have an ETA on this new 1* ?
  • kuribosshoe
    Options
    Nobody's gonna guess Superior Spider-Man? Really?
  • Nobody's gonna guess Superior Spider-Man? Really?
    For a 4* maybe, he wouldn't accept any less than that.