* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nobody's gonna guess Superior Spider-Man? Really?

I'm guessing it's going to be either Sensational Spiderman or Ultimate Spiderman, although leaning towards Sensational. 3* has Amazing, 2* has Friendly Neighboorhood, only 2 other titles that I know of currently are left
  • kuribosshoe
    Options
    I feel like 4 star Spidey has to be the black costume.

Although Superior might technically be a version of Doc Ock? Who knows
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like 4 star Spidey has to be the black costume.

Iron Spider would be a great 4*
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    back on topic, do we have an ETA on this new 1* ?

Sometime in August, save your standard tokens!
  • Superior isn't likely, that boat has sailed, but it would be a good 4 star IMO.

Its going to just be a variation of the red and blue/black suit, probably.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Maybe its the Future Foundation outfit to ride on the Fantastic Four movie coat-tails.

All his other outfits that are remotely cool (and there's a lot) wouldn't make sense as a 1*. And all the stupid ones (and there's a lot) I don't think anyone really wants to see.

Future Foundation is the only one that makes sense in terms of the odd timing to release a 1* out of the blue.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    spider armor or 2099 would be cool
  • I think it's Spider Raptor or Toddler Silvermane

but in reality I know who it is....
  • ECOcrush wrote:
    Maybe its the Future Foundation outfit to ride on the Fantastic Four movie coat-tails.

All his other outfits that are remotely cool (and there's a lot) wouldn't make sense as a 1*. And all the stupid ones (and there's a lot) I don't think anyone really wants to see.

Future Foundation is the only one that makes sense in terms of the odd timing to release a 1* out of the blue.

The 1 star is being released probably as part of the "new player" experience. As a forum, most of us are beyond that phase, and aren't really the target, but the 1 star opening to the game is honestly subpar and needs a shot in the arm to continue attracting new players.

Im curious how deep the changes are going to be, because it's a subject I have interest in, but most of the forum base is vehemently against any 1 or 2 star content updates so it's a moot point to try and discuss it.

As far as the 1 star goes, if it is Spidey, expect it to be a variant of classic spidey, as all of the 1 stars are fairly "iconic" versions of the characters. Storm is debatable of course, all of her in game versions are arguably the best known rendition, depending on when you read her, but Venom is displayed in away that the casual wouldn't even know it's not classic venom, as the fact it's Gargan is buried on the bio page for the character. And the other 1 stars are all the "classic" versions.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Forum Faithful!

By now, you've likely had a sneak peek look at abilities for the new 1-Star character we teased a day or two back. We can now reveal that the upcoming Marvel Puzzle Quest Super Hero is none other than Spider-Man (Original)!

Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_Spider-Man_Original_Character_%20Sheet.jpg

For further details, and to take in a collection of in-game screenshots, you can ZIP OVER TO THE D3 GO! BLOG. You can explore Spidey's full stats below.

Spider-Man (Original)
    1 Star Rarity (Common) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 2754 Tile Damage: 8/31/27/24/7/7/3.5x

Web Swing - 9 redtile.png AP
    The Amazing Spider-Man swings into battle, dealing a blow with the proportional strength of a spider. Deals 41 damage, then adds a Web tile to the board.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals an additional 13 damage if there's a Web tile on the board. Level 3: Deals 44 damage before any bonus damage. Level 4: Deals an additional 20 damage if there's a Web tile on the board. Level 5: Deals an additional 31 damage if there's a Web tile on the board.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 480 / 135 damage (615 total) Level 4: 480 / 203 damage (683 total) Level 5: 480 / 324 damage (804 total)

All Tied Up - 8 bluetile.png AP
    Spider-Man slings webs, stuning the target for 1 turn and adding a Web tile to the board.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Stuns an extra turn if 3 or more Web tiles exist. Level 3: Costs 1 fewer Blue AP to fire. Level 4: Stuns an extra turn if 2 or more Web tiles exist. Level 5: Costs 1 fewer Blue AP to fire.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Costs 7 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 3 or more Web tiles exist. Level 4: Costs 7 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 2 or more Web tiles exist. Level 5: Costs 6 AP, stuns 1 turn or 2 if 2 or more Web tiles exist.

Spectacular Strategy - 8 purpletile.png AP
    Spider-Man uses his wits and webs to overcome incredible odds and win the day. Converts 2 random basic tiles to Critical tiles, then adds a Web tile to the board.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: If there are 5 or more Web tiles, converts an additional 2 Basic tiles to Critical tiles. Level 3: Creates 4 Critical tiles if there are 4 or more Web tiles on the board. Level 4: Creates 4 Critical tiles if there are 3 or more Web tiles on the board. Level 5: Creates 2 Web tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: 4 Critical tiles if 4+ Web tiles exist. Creates 1 Web tile. Level 4: 4 Critical tiles if 3+ Web tiles exist. Creates 1 Web tile. Level 5: 4 Critical tiles if 3+ Web tiles exist. Creates 2 Web tiles.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SM as a star.png just seems.... wrong
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=31929

Confirmed Spider-Man (original)
  • I love Spidey as he is one of my favorite characters but I was hoping his next appearance would be as a 4* down the line. Still holding out for it eventually. With that said, I'll collect him and use him as much as possible lol it'll make that 1* node in DDQ more fun lol
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    SM as a star.png just seems.... wrong

Well now that it's official...

Admittedly, at first I was shocked when I heard that Spidey was going to be a 1*. After getting all my hopes up that the rumored new Spidey was going to be a 4* I guess that would be a natural reaction. However, after thinking it over it makes sense. In fact, it makes so much sense that now I wonder why they didn't have Spidey as a 1* to begin with.

I know for those past the 2* transition this seems like a total waste of a roster spot but for me (who has 2 *3 spideys and 1.5 bag-men lol) I will take it as a nice bonus and will have the lil guy on my roster and max him to boot. I plan on using him A LOT for DDQ and will even try to use him for all the nodes which will make things a bit more interesting and challenging for me.

With that being said, please for the love of all things Marvel, do something with 3* Spidey's yellow. It's one of the abilities that makes the least sense in the game.

And finally, here's hoping that a black suit Spidey isn't too far away...

99865-83679-spider-man.jpg
  • its good for new players and accessible to non-elite players, gets the thumbs up
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please, please let this mean 3* Spidey's getting a rework soon.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thumbs up on the artwork for this one - really well done!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So. Pretty awesome combo with Venom. Give the new kids something to play around with. With a little black generation they'll be devouring left and right.

I might dump IM35 for SMC as the latter has a better power mesh with Storm. But really, at this point, maintaining 2 one-stars is pretty extravagant. It also would be kind of a waste of Iso-8.
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    He's awesome!

As a side note, the (new) award for characters that look most alike goes to 3* and 1*. I dig it though, they can't be used together anyway.